🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Voter id

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
Being a practical person I try to spend money wisely. I'll spend it I just don't like wasting money. So being a vet I go to Lowes and ask about their 10 percent discount for vets. No dice, I don't have a card issued by the VA, because I an not eligible for VA medical benefits. Same with Home Depot. Even though the state issued license states veteran, not good enough. When I got vet. status added to my driver's license I asked if they needed proof, they said no, I said what if someone lies, they said they would then be in trouble, I laughed. So in reality it doesn't do me any good. But I have heard this isn't always the case.

The point is, for fishing I need to carry a license and a photo id. For hunting, the same thing. But for electing the next president of the United States, nothing. Where does that put voting in real importance?

Freewill I have been a strong advocate for showing some sort of Government ID before you can exercise the right to vote for quite some time... I have heard every lame excuse that could be thought of by the looney left why it is wrong to require proof positive that you are who you say you are...

It will be interesting to see if they come up with legitimate reasons, because they never have in the past...

Being a practical person I try to spend money wisely. I'll spend it I just don't like wasting money. So being a vet I go to Lowes and ask about their 10 percent discount for vets. No dice, I don't have a card issued by the VA, because I an not eligible for VA medical benefits. Same with Home Depot. Even though the state issued license states veteran, not good enough. When I got vet. status added to my driver's license I asked if they needed proof, they said no, I said what if someone lies, they said they would then be in trouble, I laughed. So in reality it doesn't do me any good. But I have heard this isn't always the case.

The point is, for fishing I need to carry a license and a photo id. For hunting, the same thing. But for electing the next president of the United States, nothing. Where does that put voting in real importance?
This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

There is no Constitutional right to hunt or fish, there is a Constitutional right to vote, however.

No one takes issue with a voter documenting his citizenship and identity when registering to vote for the first time.

But subsequent to that, as long as the voter remains eligible to vote and active as recorded on the voter registration logs, requiring a citizen to again provide a specific type of ID manifests as an undue burden.

Indeed, a voter may have registered to vote some 30 or 40 years ago, pursuant to different ID requirements, where today that voter, still active and eligible to vote, is unable to provide the type of ID required by a new law.

Voter ‘fraud’ by identity is so exceedingly rare as to be virtually nonexistent; so rare in fact that burdensome voter ‘ID’ laws are unwarranted and un-Constitutional.

Consequently, such laws are enacted in bad faith, clearly an effort to disadvantage voters perceived to have a particular party preference.

If the state believes that a given voter is attempting to commit fraud by identity, then the state can address that potential violation on a case by case basis; but the state may not presume all voters are ‘guilty,’ and compel eligible, qualified voters to ‘prove’ they are innocent of attempting to commit ‘voter fraud.’

There is only ONE reason liberals want NO voter ID and OPEN borders. I bet you can guess what it is.

Those who argue against having to show an ID to vote (as long as the State provides it for free) are being just as stupid as those who feel we should e able to.

When it is suggested, we hear “constitutional right” even though there is no good argument that can be made for not making the process as sterile as possible. It makes even less sense when the answer is so easily attainable through the proliferation of cameras, tech, etc…

When it is suggested, we her “constitutional right” even though we have (almost) a monthly rampage shooting and no good argument can be made for maintaining the status quo. It makes even less sense when the answer is so easily attainable through limiting magazine/clip sizes.

If you can ensure that 99% of eligible voters have ID, I would support your voter ID plans

Lets start by giving everyone a national ID and make it easy for you

If you can ensure that 99% of eligible voters have ID, I would support your voter ID plans

Why should anyone other than the individual voters themselves be responsible for obtaining a voter ID?

Why should anyone else have to "ensure" such a thing? Are these not adults? If they are too mentally incompetent to obtain one, they should not be voting in any case.

No doubt some voter fraud happens.......within both parties.
My problem is why does basically one race of people get 'Special treatment'?
It implies this race doesn't have the fucking brains to simply get an ID. They have to show their ID to cash their welfare cheques, get their food stamps, get their free bus pass.
It doesn't cost fuck all to get a valid ID. It doesn't even cost fucking bus fare to go to the 'ID place'.
Looks like the negroes feel pretty happy about how Obama and his LIB party looked after them for the last eight years.
That's why they'll turn out and give Hillary a 99% block vote.
If that isn't the definition of fucking insane nothing is.
As far as Hillary's record untrustworthiness number the negroes will vote for her no problem.
For them what she has gotten up to for decades is fuck all compared to what they and/or their family members have been getting up to.
She fits right in with their lack of morals and integrity.
She's 'one of them'!

This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

There is no Constitutional right to hunt or fish, there is a Constitutional right to vote, however.

No one takes issue with a voter documenting his citizenship and identity when registering to vote for the first time.

But subsequent to that, as long as the voter remains eligible to vote and active as recorded on the voter registration logs, requiring a citizen to again provide a specific type of ID manifests as an undue burden.

Indeed, a voter may have registered to vote some 30 or 40 years ago, pursuant to different ID requirements, where today that voter, still active and eligible to vote, is unable to provide the type of ID required by a new law.

Voter ‘fraud’ by identity is so exceedingly rare as to be virtually nonexistent; so rare in fact that burdensome voter ‘ID’ laws are unwarranted and un-Constitutional.

Consequently, such laws are enacted in bad faith, clearly an effort to disadvantage voters perceived to have a particular party preference.

If the state believes that a given voter is attempting to commit fraud by identity, then the state can address that potential violation on a case by case basis; but the state may not presume all voters are ‘guilty,’ and compel eligible, qualified voters to ‘prove’ they are innocent of attempting to commit ‘voter fraud.’

Many of those voters you say are being disenfranchised because of who they are don't have a problem getting an ID to get social welfare benefits. What it boils down to is they don't have a problem proving who they are when they are handed something yet they do when it involves a civic duty. Those freeloaders will go to the ends of the Earth to get an ID for a freebie so fast you're head will spin. However, if they have to have one to vote, don't dare bother them to make an effort.

Please point out where one may find the text confirming a constitutional right to vote.
CCJ has no idea that States control and regulate the vast majority of things when it comes to who can vote and what they have to do to be able to vote. I bet he thinks the federal government sets most of those rules.

Why should anyone other than the individual voters themselves be responsible for obtaining a voter ID?

Why should anyone else have to "ensure" such a thing? Are these not adults? If they are too mentally incompetent to obtain one, they should not be voting in any case.

Because you are demanding it in order to participate in the voting process

Your plan is demand acceptable ID to vote and if you don't have it, too fucking bad for you

You want it? Provide ID to everyone FIRST

It implies this race doesn't have the fucking brains to simply get an ID. They have to show their ID to cash their welfare cheques, get their food stamps, get their free bus pass.
It doesn't cost fuck all to get a valid ID. It doesn't even cost fucking bus fare to go to the 'ID place'.
Looks like the negroes feel pretty happy about how Obama and his LIB party looked after them for the last eight years.
As far as Hillary's record untrustworthiness number the negroes will vote for her no problem.
For them what she has gotten up to for decades is fuck all compared to what they and/or their family members have been getting up to.
She's 'one of them'!

I have never gone to vote only to find someone has voted in my place
I do not know of anyone this has happened to

She's 'one of them'!
Good point. One race has gotten special treatment since this country was founded. Aren`t you glad you`re a member of that race?

Because you are demanding it in order to participate in the voting process

Of everyone. Ergo it is not discriminatory.

Your plan is demand acceptable ID to vote and if you don't have it, too fucking bad for you

That is correct. It's the same as when you don't have a proper ID, you don't drive an automobile, or board a commercial airline. I guarantee anyone who has a CC permit did not have it "provided" to them.

You want it? Provide ID to everyone FIRST

No. Get your ass outta the chair and go get one, otherwise yes, too fucking bad for you.

Forum List

Back