Voter id

Those who argue against having to show an ID to vote (as long as the State provides it for free) are being just as stupid as those who feel we should e able to.

When it is suggested, we hear “constitutional right” even though there is no good argument that can be made for not making the process as sterile as possible. It makes even less sense when the answer is so easily attainable through the proliferation of cameras, tech, etc…

When it is suggested, we her “constitutional right” even though we have (almost) a monthly rampage shooting and no good argument can be made for maintaining the status quo. It makes even less sense when the answer is so easily attainable through limiting magazine/clip sizes.

We have always showed our driver's license in order to vote in our state, and there hasn't been anyone objecting to the fact a photo ID is required. To suggest that it cannot be done, or is keeping anyone that wants to vote from voting is simply bullshit.

If you have to show a photo ID to exercise your Constitutional right to bear arms (you do), then there is no difference when it comes to pulling a lever and casting a vote.

Well, as long as the ID to vote is free of charge…it can be required.

It can be required anyway. There is no such thing as "free of charge". Someone somewhere pays. It should be the one who benefits.

No it cannot. That is a poll tax in that context.

Nope. Merely paying for materials and processing. Do you think that if I could not pay for a CC permit that it would be provided gratis?

Why are Republicans so afraid of having people vote?

They are not only demanding increasingly difficult ID rules but try to limit the number of polling places in neighborhoods they don't like, they cut back on early voting, they limit the number of voting booths so that the lines will discourage voters

This is the America Republicans envision

2048x1091

As I have said before, I would end all early voting, all provisional voting, all internet voting, and you'd better have a damn good reason to request an absentee ballot or you won;t get one.

Show up at the polls on Election Day with your ID like everyone else, or go pound sand.

And this is why, when asked, the American people have rejected the Republican in 5 of the last 6 general elections.

Those who argue against having to show an ID to vote (as long as the State provides it for free) are being just as stupid as those who feel we should e able to.

When it is suggested, we hear “constitutional right” even though there is no good argument that can be made for not making the process as sterile as possible. It makes even less sense when the answer is so easily attainable through the proliferation of cameras, tech, etc…

When it is suggested, we her “constitutional right” even though we have (almost) a monthly rampage shooting and no good argument can be made for maintaining the status quo. It makes even less sense when the answer is so easily attainable through limiting magazine/clip sizes.

We have always showed our driver's license in order to vote in our state, and there hasn't been anyone objecting to the fact a photo ID is required. To suggest that it cannot be done, or is keeping anyone that wants to vote from voting is simply bullshit.

If you have to show a photo ID to exercise your Constitutional right to bear arms (you do), then there is no difference when it comes to pulling a lever and casting a vote.

It can be required anyway. There is no such thing as "free of charge". Someone somewhere pays. It should be the one who benefits.

Nope. Merely paying for materials and processing. Do you think that if I could not pay for a CC permit that it would be provided gratis?

Sorry; you’re wrong.
Nobody is forcing you to buy a weapon.

Sorry; you’re wrong.

No one is forcing you to vote.

They are not only demanding increasingly difficult ID rules but try to limit the number of polling places in neighborhoods they don't like, they cut back on early voting, they limit the number of voting booths so that the lines will discourage voters

2048x1091

As I have said before, I would end all early voting, all provisional voting, all internet voting, and you'd better have a damn good reason to request an absentee ballot or you won't get one.

Show up at the polls on Election Day with your ID like everyone else, or go pound sand.

Spoken like a proud Republican

Make voting as hard as possible and by all means ...keep out the riff-raff

With the addition of there being no general right to vote in the first place.

Words all Republicans live by
How do people get Obamacare? Is no proof required there? I have to give my ID to office staff whenever I go to the doctor.

My son signed up for it online

Does your son show a photo ID to his doctor?

Sorry; you’re wrong.

Good point. You should tell African Americans, Hispanics, and other minorities that when asked about the Poll Tax that was specifically outlawed and see how far that gets you.

2048x1091

As I have said before, I would end all early voting, all provisional voting, all internet voting, and you'd better have a damn good reason to request an absentee ballot or you won't get one.

No harder than standing in line at the Walmart on Black Friday, which seems to have become an American pastime.

Does the US gov sell insurance to people without proper photo ID. Do they really?

2048x1091

As I have said before, I would end all early voting, all provisional voting, all internet voting, and you'd better have a damn good reason to request an absentee ballot or you won;t get one.

And this is why, when asked, the American people have rejected the Republican in 5 of the last 6 general elections.

because the dumb outnumber the smart doesn't mean anything. Low intelligence and lazy people voting is the Achilles heel of democracy, it is not a good form of government and that is why the founding fathers had restrictions

Being a practical person I try to spend money wisely. I'll spend it I just don't like wasting money. So being a vet I go to Lowes and ask about their 10 percent discount for vets. No dice, I don't have a card issued by the VA, because I an not eligible for VA medical benefits. Same with Home Depot. Even though the state issued license states veteran, not good enough. When I got vet. status added to my driver's license I asked if they needed proof, they said no, I said what if someone lies, they said they would then be in trouble, I laughed. So in reality it doesn't do me any good. But I have heard this isn't always the case.

The point is, for fishing I need to carry a license and a photo id. For hunting, the same thing. But for electing the next president of the United States, nothing. Where does that put voting in real importance?
This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

There is no Constitutional right to hunt or fish, there is a Constitutional right to vote, however.

LOGIC EPIC FAIL. I have a Constitutional right to own a gun and I have to show ID AND get a background check.

Sorry; you’re wrong.

Good point. You should tell African Americans, Hispanics, and other minorities that when asked about the Poll Tax that was specifically outlawed and see how far that gets you.

It's not a poll tax.

Geeze, what's so hard about it? You hand your photo ID to the poll worker, they find your name in the ledger, show you where to sign, and pass your license to two other people who write your name down on a list. That way you have three accurate official records of who voted, which precinct they are voting in, and when they voted.

If you cannot take the photo ID you are required to carry out of your wallet and hand it to a poll worker, you can ask for assistance at the door, which usually means you get to cut in line so they can get your retarded ass out of there quicker.

2048x1091

because the dumb outnumber the smart doesn't mean anything. Low intelligence and lazy people voting is the Achilles heel of democracy, it is not a good form of government and that is why the founding fathers had restrictions

As an informed voter who deals with some of the dumbest folks in society daily on this forum, there are times I agree with you and in frustration, think to myself, there should be a test. HRC would get 96% of the vote; easily. Crocs are big in the South because shoe tying is a contact sport of most of Trump’s supporters.

But then I remember that America is about advanced citizenry and it’s the idiots fault that they are idiots and the true uniqueness of America is that we all have a voice…even those who have no idea what to say without reassuring us that they are a waste of carbon.

With the addition of there being no general right to vote in the first place.

Words all Republicans live by
How do people get Obamacare? Is no proof required there? I have to give my ID to office staff whenever I go to the doctor.

My son signed up for it online

Does your son show a photo ID to his doctor?

I never have. I just sign in when I arrive

Sorry; you’re wrong.

It's not a poll tax.

Yes it is. You are having to pay a fee to vote.

As an informed voter who deals with some of the dumbest folks in society daily on this forum, there are times I agree with you and in frustration, think to myself, there should be a test. HRC would get 96% of the vote; easily. Crocs are big in the South because shoe tying is a contact sport of most of Trump’s supporters.

But then I remember that America is about advanced citizenry and it’s the idiots fault that they are idiots and the true uniqueness of America is that we all have a voice…even those who have no idea what to say without reassuring us that they are a waste of carbon.

I would love to have a voter IQ test. All inner city blacks, gone. All barely-speaking-English people, gone. All the lower income parasites, gone. Your estimation is way way off, most studies of IQ and voters show the higher IQs lean right

Geeze, what's so hard about it? You hand your photo ID to the poll worker, they find your name in the ledger, show you where to sign, and pass your license to two other people who write your name down on a list. That way you have three accurate official records of who voted, which precinct they are voting in, and when they voted.

If you cannot take the photo ID you are required to carry out of your wallet and hand it to a poll worker, you can ask for assistance at the door, which usually means you get to cut in line so they can get your retarded ass out of there quicker.

Its easy if you drive

Not so easy for non drivers who have to go to a remote DMV site. Not so easy if you have changed your name. Not so easy if you have an error in your birth certificate.

If you want to require ID, why don't you make sure everyone has an ID first?

How do Republicans make it easy to vote?

They accept photo IDs from hunters or gun owners but will not accept it from a major university

Forum List

Back