Voter id

Those who argue against having to show an ID to vote (as long as the State provides it for free) are being just as stupid as those who feel we should e able to.

When it is suggested, we hear “constitutional right” even though there is no good argument that can be made for not making the process as sterile as possible. It makes even less sense when the answer is so easily attainable through the proliferation of cameras, tech, etc…

When it is suggested, we her “constitutional right” even though we have (almost) a monthly rampage shooting and no good argument can be made for maintaining the status quo. It makes even less sense when the answer is so easily attainable through limiting magazine/clip sizes.

We have always showed our driver's license in order to vote in our state, and there hasn't been anyone objecting to the fact a photo ID is required. To suggest that it cannot be done, or is keeping anyone that wants to vote from voting is simply bullshit.

If you have to show a photo ID to exercise your Constitutional right to bear arms (you do), then there is no difference when it comes to pulling a lever and casting a vote.

If you can ensure that 99% of eligible voters have ID, I would support your voter ID plans

Lets start by giving everyone a national ID and make it easy for you

Are democrats helpless children who can't muster the fortitude to get a free gov't ID at the BMV? Why do I have to ensure some lazy dumfuck does his duty as a citizen?

Those who argue against having to show an ID to vote (as long as the State provides it for free) are being just as stupid as those who feel we should e able to.

When it is suggested, we hear “constitutional right” even though there is no good argument that can be made for not making the process as sterile as possible. It makes even less sense when the answer is so easily attainable through the proliferation of cameras, tech, etc…

When it is suggested, we her “constitutional right” even though we have (almost) a monthly rampage shooting and no good argument can be made for maintaining the status quo. It makes even less sense when the answer is so easily attainable through limiting magazine/clip sizes.

We have always showed our driver's license in order to vote in our state, and there hasn't been anyone objecting to the fact a photo ID is required. To suggest that it cannot be done, or is keeping anyone that wants to vote from voting is simply bullshit.

If you have to show a photo ID to exercise your Constitutional right to bear arms (you do), then there is no difference when it comes to pulling a lever and casting a vote.

With the addition of there being no general right to vote in the first place.

Being a practical person I try to spend money wisely. I'll spend it I just don't like wasting money. So being a vet I go to Lowes and ask about their 10 percent discount for vets. No dice, I don't have a card issued by the VA, because I an not eligible for VA medical benefits. Same with Home Depot. Even though the state issued license states veteran, not good enough. When I got vet. status added to my driver's license I asked if they needed proof, they said no, I said what if someone lies, they said they would then be in trouble, I laughed. So in reality it doesn't do me any good. But I have heard this isn't always the case.

The point is, for fishing I need to carry a license and a photo id. For hunting, the same thing. But for electing the next president of the United States, nothing. Where does that put voting in real importance?

If you can ensure that 99% of eligible voters have ID, I would support your voter ID plans

Why should anyone other than the individual voters themselves be responsible for obtaining a voter ID?

Why should anyone else have to "ensure" such a thing? Are these not adults? If they are too mentally incompetent to obtain one, they should not be voting in any case.

Because you are demanding it in order to participate in the voting process

Of everyone. Ergo it is not discriminatory.

Your plan is demand acceptable ID to vote and if you don't have it, too fucking bad for you

That is correct. It's the same as when you don't have a proper ID, you don't drive an automobile, or board a commercial airline. I guarantee anyone who has a CC permit did not have it "provided" to them.

You want it? Provide ID to everyone FIRST

No. Get your ass outta the chair and go get one, otherwise yes, too fucking bad for you.

It seems the courts are not agreeing with you. If you are serious about requiring ID to vote, you will have to do a better job of ensuring that everyone has an acceptable ID

But lets be serious for a minute. If everyone has an acceptable ID, you will not be able to exclude those who are unlikely to vote Republican

Words all Republicans live by

Well, as long as the ID to vote is free of charge…it can be required. Drivers license usually have a charge of some type.

But lets be serious for a minute. If everyone has an acceptable ID, you will not be able to exclude those who are unlikely to vote Republican

exactly right, the people too dumb and lazy to have an ID are bound to be democrats. thanks for admitting that all the human garbage votes liberal

Being a practical person I try to spend money wisely. I'll spend it I just don't like wasting money. So being a vet I go to Lowes and ask about their 10 percent discount for vets. No dice, I don't have a card issued by the VA, because I an not eligible for VA medical benefits. Same with Home Depot. Even though the state issued license states veteran, not good enough. When I got vet. status added to my driver's license I asked if they needed proof, they said no, I said what if someone lies, they said they would then be in trouble, I laughed. So in reality it doesn't do me any good. But I have heard this isn't always the case.

The point is, for fishing I need to carry a license and a photo id. For hunting, the same thing. But for electing the next president of the United States, nothing. Where does that put voting in real importance?

Why should anyone other than the individual voters themselves be responsible for obtaining a voter ID?

Why should anyone else have to "ensure" such a thing? Are these not adults? If they are too mentally incompetent to obtain one, they should not be voting in any case.

Because you are demanding it in order to participate in the voting process

Of everyone. Ergo it is not discriminatory.

Your plan is demand acceptable ID to vote and if you don't have it, too fucking bad for you

That is correct. It's the same as when you don't have a proper ID, you don't drive an automobile, or board a commercial airline. I guarantee anyone who has a CC permit did not have it "provided" to them.

You want it? Provide ID to everyone FIRST

No. Get your ass outta the chair and go get one, otherwise yes, too fucking bad for you.

It seems the courts are not agreeing with you.

Of course not. They are stuffed with Democrats.

If you are serious about requiring ID to vote, you will have to do a better job of ensuring that everyone has an acceptable ID

Repeating nonsense makes it no less nonsense.

Nor would there be any such an illegal option be considered.

Fact is fact.

Well, as long as the ID to vote is free of charge…it can be required. Drivers license usually have a charge of some type.

A state issued photo ID (like a drivers license, only printed differently to indicate it is not a driver's license) is free of charge, and can be issued at locations other than the DMV for easier access. It is also a statutory crime for anyone over the age of 16 not to be carrying their photo ID. The police won't stop you and ask if you are carrying your ID, but may cite you if you are stopped for another infraction and don't have it on you.

Well, as long as the ID to vote is free of charge…it can be required.

It can be required anyway. There is no such thing as "free of charge". Someone somewhere pays. It should be the one who benefits.

Freewill I have been a strong advocate for showing some sort of Government ID before you can exercise the right to vote for quite some time... I have heard every lame excuse that could be thought of by the looney left why it is wrong to require proof positive that you are who you say you are...

It will be interesting to see if they come up with legitimate reasons, because they never have in the past...
Not 'some sort of ID' a PHOTO ID should be minimum standard for ID to vote.

Things are so bad now that not only is Hillary using illegal aliens to vote, but she has them organizing and getting out the vote too.

This is what happens when you have a bunch of ***** leading the Republican party in Congress and they dont force the President to remain within the law and his oath.

All Lyin' Paul Ryan is concerned about is delivering the pork for his corporate masters, the coward.

Why are Republicans so afraid of having people vote?

They are not only demanding increasingly difficult ID rules but try to limit the number of polling places in neighborhoods they don't like, they cut back on early voting, they limit the number of voting booths so that the lines will discourage voters

This is the America Republicans envision

2048x1091

How do people get Obamacare? Is no proof required there? I have to give my ID to office staff whenever I go to the doctor.

Fact is fact.

If you disagree, post the relevant constitutional text.

How do people get Obamacare? Is no proof required there? I have to give my ID to office staff whenever I go to the doctor.

My son signed up for it online

Well, as long as the ID to vote is free of charge…it can be required.

It can be required anyway. There is no such thing as "free of charge". Someone somewhere pays. It should be the one who benefits.

No it cannot. That is a poll tax in that context.

They are not only demanding increasingly difficult ID rules but try to limit the number of polling places in neighborhoods they don't like, they cut back on early voting, they limit the number of voting booths so that the lines will discourage voters

2048x1091

As I have said before, I would end all early voting, all provisional voting, all internet voting, and you'd better have a damn good reason to request an absentee ballot or you won't get one.

Show up at the polls on Election Day with your ID like everyone else, or go pound sand.

2048x1091

That much is true. The Feds should have taken over running elections for federal offices 200+ years ago.

Early voting should be offered on a compulsory basis by all the states.

Forum List

Back