Voter id

Verifying eligibility is the job of the county registrar and is where most voter fraud will occur. Ineligible people still on the voter roles. Voter ID will not stop that....hiring more people to verify voter registration lists will

The Registrar of Voters Office already has the job of verifying people who register to vote are eligible to vote (state issued photo ID is required), and the poll workers already verify the person who shows up to vote is the person registered and eligible to vote (state issued photo ID is required). It isn't a difficult process, and a state issued photo ID is necessary to do both. You really don't have a case to argue with, because it is in place, has been in place and has been working for a very long time.

You cannot say it doesn't work, because it does. You cannot say something else needs to be fixed or added, because it doesn't ... Simple as that!

It obviously doesn't work because the courts are striking it down around the country. If you insist on voter ID, you have to do a better job of ensuring that the people have proper ID

Republicans are unwilling to do that

Why? because if everyone in the public has a proper ID, they don't get to exclude those who are unlikely to vote Republican

Nope. Merely paying for materials and processing. Do you think that if I could not pay for a CC permit that it would be provided gratis?

Sorry; you’re wrong.
Nobody is forcing you to buy a weapon.

No one is forcing you to vote.

Good point. You should tell African Americans, Hispanics, and other minorities that when asked about the Poll Tax that was specifically outlawed and see how far that gets you.

It's not a poll tax.

Yes it is. You are having to pay a fee to vote.

I am paying a fee to exercise my 2nd Amendment rights.

Only one of these has constitutional backing.

Verifying eligibility is the job of the county registrar and is where most voter fraud will occur. Ineligible people still on the voter roles. Voter ID will not stop that....hiring more people to verify voter registration lists will

The Registrar of Voters Office already has the job of verifying people who register to vote are eligible to vote (state issued photo ID is required), and the poll workers already verify the person who shows up to vote is the person registered and eligible to vote (state issued photo ID is required). It isn't a difficult process, and a state issued photo ID is necessary to do both. You really don't have a case to argue with, because it is in place, has been in place and has been working for a very long time.

You cannot say it doesn't work, because it does. You cannot say something else needs to be fixed or added, because it doesn't ... Simple as that!

It obviously doesn't work because the courts are striking it down around the country.

They are not striking it down because it doesn't work, but for political purposes.

It obviously doesn't work because the courts are striking it down around the country. If you insist on voter ID, you have to do a better job of ensuring that the people have proper ID

Republicans are unwilling to do that

Why? because if everyone in the public has a proper ID, they don't get to exclude those who are unlikely to vote Republican

That's obviously a bunch of bullshit, because they haven't struck it down here. It doesn't stop anyone from voting. It doesn't have a damn thing to with Democrats nor Republicans. If it was a problem around here, then the Democrats that get elected around here would change the law dip-shit. Everyone is already required to have a state issued photo ID here, and it is a statutory crime not to have one on you.

Perhaps the fact that the law states you have to carry a state issued photo ID in the first place, negates the fact that voter ID is anything more than a secondary concern.

It obviously doesn't work because the courts are striking it down around the country.

They are not striking it down because it doesn't work, but for political purposes.

The law is the law

Voter ID in Texas was just struck down as an unconstitutional infringement on voting

If Texas is so intent on voter ID, why aren't they passing legislation to ensure more people have IDs?

If Texas is so intent on voter ID, why aren't they passing legislation to ensure more people have IDs?

In defense of Texas and other states that decide not to make state issued photo ID's a requirement, there are "supposed" to be difficulties in doing so. For instance, since state issued photo ID's are a requirement here, and you can get them free of charge at locations other than the DMV, then TSA agents at airports are not supposed to accept our state issued photo ID's as identification. We are supposed to carry a federally issued Passport when flying (I do), but most TSA agents are complete fuck-ups, don't have a clue what they are doing and will accept our state issued photo ID's anyway.

It was basically the Federal Government's way of trying to punish us for not following their desires, and we told them to go fuck themselves (not an entirely uncommon practice as far as how our state handles the Federal Government and their intrusive policies).

Last edited:
Spoken like a proud Republican

Make voting as hard as possible and by all means ...keep out the riff-raff

Geeze, what's so hard about it? You hand your photo ID to the poll worker, they find your name in the ledger, show you where to sign, and pass your license to two other people who write your name down on a list. That way you have three accurate official records of who voted, which precinct they are voting in, and when they voted.

Just to be clear, when you have millions of votes being cast, voter fraud doesn’t play a role in large scale elections. In local races and ordinances, it certainly can. Picture an off-year election where there is a proposition/amendment or whatever to increase the sales tax in say, Minneapolis but no such measure was on the ballot in St. Paul. It would be in the best interest of St. Paul shop owners to see the tax rate rise so customers could save money by coming to the neighboring city.

Keeping STP voters out of the MPS elections would be paramount.

Are you saying that voter fraud doesn't occur on a wide scale nationwide?

Absolutely it doesn't

And almost none of the fraud can be stopped by voter ID

You must also believe that the vast majority of people that speed get caught and are written tickets, too?

The law is the law

Voter ID in Texas was just struck down as an unconstitutional infringement on voting

My state did and the lazy POS didn't take them up on it. Sad thing is despite it being done, morons like you still said they didn't have a chance.

Yes, I live in a backward state

I sign my name when I show up at the polls. That method has worked for 200 years

Well if you cannot (or have not) verify the people signing the list are actually eligible to vote, then that is a backwards assed state. At least we can agree on that ... :thup:

More government jobs?

But lets be serious for a minute. If everyone has an acceptable ID, you will not be able to exclude those who are unlikely to vote Republican

Well, since we are suddenly being serious, the best way to exclude those who are unlikely to vote Repub - and I am not advocating this - would be to insure everyone meets a minimal IQ standard.

You'll exclude far more blacks by doing that than any voter ID law claimed to do so ever will.

Look...the courts have already said these laws are discriminatory

If you are serious about having voter ID, why don't you provide an ID to every eligible voter and then the courts will be happy?

We are already doing it here and have been as long as I can remember. If you live in some backwards assed state that mimics conditions most third world countries can surpass, then that's due to your ignorance and incompetence.

I sign my name when I show up at the polls. That method has worked for 200 years
It is easier to fake an ID than it is to fake a signature on the spot

Handwriting experts are located where you vote?

Well if you cannot (or have not) verify the people signing the list are actually eligible to vote, then that is a backwards assed state. At least we can agree on that ... :thup:

More government jobs?

Yes, it is government employees who are needed to verify voter registrations. If you actually care about voter fraud, you will hire more

If you are serious about having voter ID, why don't you provide an ID to every eligible voter and then the courts will be happy?

We are already doing it here and have been as long as I can remember. If you live in some backwards assed state that mimics conditions most third world countries can surpass, then that's due to your ignorance and incompetence.

Hardly necessary

We have a blue haired old lady who wears too much perfume that is more than qualified to look at a signature and see if it is similar to the one in the voter record. It is extremely difficult to fake a signature on the spot with someone watching

More government jobs?

Yes, it is government employees who are needed to verify voter registrations. If you actually care about voter fraud, you will hire more

Since you claim little to no voter fraud occurs, that would be wasting money.

Hardly necessary

We have a blue haired old lady who is more than qualified to look at a signature and see if it is similar to the one in the voter record. It is extremely difficult to fake a signature on the spot with someone watching

Is she a qualified handwriting expert? She doesn't count.

Hardly necessary

We have a blue haired old lady who is more than qualified to look at a signature and see if it is similar to the one in the voter record. It is extremely difficult to fake a signature on the spot with someone watching

Good enough

I haven't seen anyone sneak by her yet....why don't you give it a try and see if she catches you

Hardly necessary

Good enough

I haven't seen anyone sneak by her yet....why don't you give it a try and see if she catches you

What you haven't seen is someone unqualified to do such a job catch anyone yet.

I show an ID. I guess if someone is voting Democrat they don't want people to know who they are.

Hardly necessary

Good enough

What you haven't seen is someone unqualified to do such a job catch anyone yet.

I show an ID. I guess if someone is voting Democrat they don't want people to know who they are.

Anybody can get a fake ID

6c6e3428236a51ce1d987a0f82d1b2b9.jpg

Forum List

Back