Votes must be counted by the end of Election Day.

TDS Alert!

FACT: We should know the results of the election by the end of the day on November 3. November 3 is the Federally-mandated ELECTION DAY.

FACT: We may not know the result of the election by the end of the day on November 3. It is likely that several states will be decided by razor-thin margins, and some states, like Pennsylvania, are facilitating Democrat shenanigans that could enable manufacturing of votes AFTER ELECTION DAY.

There is no conflict between the second and third paragraphs above. But I wouldn't expect Leftists to understand that.

TDS - Trump Disinformation Syndrome

Fact: no state ends it’s counting of ballots by midnight Election Day, nullifying the rest.

Fact: No state certifies it’s election results by the end of the Election Day.

Fact: there is no mandate that requires all votes to be tallied by close of Election Day. It is up to individual states.
And not one of those 3 points addressed the fact that there should be a deadline for receipt of those ballots.

It is up to each state, most require it be postmarked. That should be sufficient.

Or must they?

Donald Trump at a rally in Iowa “We should know the result of the election on November 3rd, the evening of November 3rd. That’s the way it's been and that's the way it should be."

Except when it’s not. In fact...it has never been that way.

There has never been a requirement...or even an expectation that all ballots be tabulated by the end of Election Day. And they usually are not. It typically takes longer to count absentee ballots, which, by law, are just as valid as any other.

So if you want to know the way it has really always been, don’t listen to Trump who’s goal is to disenfranchise mail in voters.

For starters, no state ever reports its final results on election night.

Typically, news outlets are able to declare winners the night of the election using partial counts and exit polls, which allow them to see how much of the vote is going to which candidate and calculate whether a candidate still has a path forward to win.

Each state has its own laws for when it needs to certify the election results, and none falls on Election Day.

Delaware is the only state that will certify its results within the same week as Election Day. Most states will certify their results in the last two weeks of November, with some states even extending until the second week of December.

Additionally, polls don't even close in California, Oregon, Idaho and Washington until 11 p.m. ET, and Hawaii's polls don't close until midnight on the East Coast.
It would be nice if we could, though.
It would nice if all votes could be counted by the end of election day, I agree, it’s just never been the case.

What has never been the case is waiting weeks for the result so that democrats can stuff the ballot box.

There's no such thing as "all mail voting".. There are ALWAYS polls open on election day.. And that is just ONE weakness of the plan.. Because ALL those "in-person" votes should be treated as "provisionals" and NOT tallied until all the mail-ins are cleared and recorded...
Thank\s for your very odd opinion

Yes! Because we all know it's the overseas service members who are responsible for all the constant voter fraud in Dem controlled areas. Those dang soldiers steal every election with their "right" to vote for non-marxist/fascists & it's just not fair!!! :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:
Oh...that “constant voter fraud” myth. Other than isolated cases, it’s largely unsubstantiated. So...what is your p,an here for disenfranchising voters? Select out the military ones and dump the rest?
Yanno that is a most lame and traitorous defense of voter fraud and we both know why you do it. You're convinced Dems have more experience at it and it's their best chance to win.

In fact, creating a system where ballots are passed out like candy is certain to exacerbate the problem and create the chaos and confusion for which Dems are hoping. There will be no getting those worms back in the can and confidence in our electoral system will be permanently destroyed.

But there is no Dem who cares about this country, our democracy, our gov't systems or institutions.

Dems are traitors ... every stinkin' one of 'em.

TDS Alert!

FACT: We should know the results of the election by the end of the day on November 3. November 3 is the Federally-mandated ELECTION DAY.

FACT: We may not know the result of the election by the end of the day on November 3. It is likely that several states will be decided by razor-thin margins, and some states, like Pennsylvania, are facilitating Democrat shenanigans that could enable manufacturing of votes AFTER ELECTION DAY.

There is no conflict between the second and third paragraphs above. But I wouldn't expect Leftists to understand that.

Fact: no state ends it’s counting of ballots by midnight Election Day, nullifying the rest.

Fact: there is no mandate that requires all votes to be tallied by close of Election Day. It is up to individual states.
And not one of those 3 points addressed the fact that there should be a deadline for receipt of those ballots.

It is up to each state, most require it be postmarked. That should be sufficient.
The selection of someone to occupy a Federal position should no longer allow for States to delay receipt of a vote after the deadline.
It's complete nonsense.

TDS Alert!

Obviously the fraudsters are so dumb that they don't know how to find a postmark.

Or must they?

Donald Trump at a rally in Iowa “We should know the result of the election on November 3rd, the evening of November 3rd. That’s the way it's been and that's the way it should be."

There has never been a requirement...or even an expectation that all ballots be tabulated by the end of Election Day. And they usually are not. It typically takes longer to count absentee ballots, which, by law, are just as valid as any other.

So if you want to know the way it has really always been, don’t listen to Trump who’s goal is to disenfranchise mail in voters.

Typically, news outlets are able to declare winners the night of the election using partial counts and exit polls, which allow them to see how much of the vote is going to which candidate and calculate whether a candidate still has a path forward to win.

Each state has its own laws for when it needs to certify the election results, and none falls on Election Day.

Delaware is the only state that will certify its results within the same week as Election Day. Most states will certify their results in the last two weeks of November, with some states even extending until the second week of December.

Additionally, polls don't even close in California, Oregon, Idaho and Washington until 11 p.m. ET, and Hawaii's polls don't close until midnight on the East Coast.
It would nice if all votes could be counted by the end of election day, I agree, it’s just never been the case.

What has never been the case is waiting weeks for the result so that democrats can stuff the ballot box.
That is also the point of an extra 20-40 million votes. Create enough chaos and their fraud will be easy to cover.

Or must they?

Thank you.

Your reality check is much appreciated, but the tRumplings are unlikely to believe it.

Never ?
Actually every presidential election has been decided
on election day
except for 3 - the 2000 election and two others in the 1800's.

Nope.

Decided. Unofficially. Not certified, and ballots were still being counted as they were in Florida In 2000. So now you insisting that count must end by the end of Election Day?

Not count but any mailed in vote that is postmarked November 4th and after should not be counted.

November 3rd and before should be counted...

Jesus people you have had an entire month to vote and if you are this lazy and wait until November 4th to mail your ballot in then you shouldn’t be counted!

Typical Dems, always taking things out of context.
Yes, most every time throughout history we've known the results on election night, and you know thats exactly what he meant.
Now it might not be the exact (official) count for each state, as they have to count the remaining (irrelevant) votes, but we typically we know on election night, or first thing in the morning.
Exactly how are the remaining votes “irrelevant”? We typically “know” when most of the votes are counted at the end of the day, but there times before when that was not the case.
Alright then, if enough total votes were counted at a particular time, so that the remaining votes are not enough in numbers to make difference, then they are irrelevant to the electoral and not the popular. For example; If 1000 votes were counted for candidate X, and 100 votes were counted for candidate Y, and there are only 10 votes (ballots) left, then those remaining votesd are irrelevant to the electoral.

There is nothing TO deduce. There simply is no evidence that mail in voting produces greater fraud, for either party. It has always been legal and some states have had all mail voting for a while.

There's no such thing as "all mail voting".. There are ALWAYS polls open on election day.. And that is just ONE weakness of the plan.. Because ALL those "in-person" votes should be treated as "provisionals" and NOT tallied until all the mail-ins are cleared and recorded...
You are right, but there are states that are primarily mail in. Either way, you can’t arbitrarily say they must all be counted by end of election and disenfranchise legitimate voters.

Last edited:
Typical Dems, always taking things out of context.
Yes, most every time throughout history we've known the results on election night, and you know thats exactly what he meant.
Now it might not be the exact (official) count for each state, as they have to count the remaining (irrelevant) votes, but we typically we know on election night, or first thing in the morning.
Not that I give a shit...but until the advent of electronic media..it often took weeks to decide the election..that's why the lag time in Certification. the telegraph started to change that...totals were telegraphed to newspapers and thence to the populace.

The media's calling of elections...has evolved into an imprimatur that doesn't actually mean a thing.

But Trump should be careful what he wishes for....a blue wave may indeed have the election called on election day..for Biden!
Alright then, Throughout (modern) history - Radio -Television, is that sufficient ?
Again typical Dems with context, or twist and spin. Did you miss the part where I said "most" ?
And your wrong about your boy. Daddy Trump is going rock.
So Television is the arbiter of our Democracy?

No it is not.
Typical twist and spin.

Never ?
on election day

Nope.

Decided. Unofficially. Not certified, and ballots were still being counted as they were in Florida In 2000. So now you insisting that count must end by the end of Election Day?

Not count but any mailed in vote that is postmarked November 4th and after should not be counted.

Jesus people you have had an entire month to vote and if you are this lazy and wait until November 4th to mail your ballot in then you shouldn’t be counted!

Sure, I agree, but it is up to each individual state in the end.

As to the last....well, I agree, don’t procrastinate (I hand delivered mine) - but they also shouldn’t have tried to dismantle the Post Office when they had an election looming that was going to be heavily mail in.

It’s funny to see those who “disagree”....disagree with what? Facts? History?
They disagree with any opposition to Trump’s effort to sow chaos and discord in the election process to his political advantage.

By propagating the lie that all votes must be counted by the end of Election Day, Trump is attempting to ‘justify’ the lawsuits he’ll likely file challenging the validity of mail-in ballots not counted during Election Day – votes Trump perceives to be for Biden.

Or must they?

Oh brother. More unsubstantiated crap.

Oh no ... My vote gets tallied when I hit the send button on the machine.

I don't care whatever goofy mess y'all want to do.
I make sure everything is correct from when I hand them my ID to when they clear the machine after I am done.

I know my vote gets counted when I cast it, and there isn't anything "provisional" about it. ... :thup:

Never ?
on election day

Nope.

Sure, I agree, but it is up to each individual state in the end.

As to the last....well, I agree, don’t procrastinate (I hand delivered mine) - but they also shouldn’t have tried to dismantle the Post Office when they had an election looming that was going to be heavily mail in.

The last day of voting ( not counting ) for President is always been the first Tuesday of November...

Notice what I wrote because counting will go on for days to weeks but the last day of official voting should be tomorrow and anything after that should not be counted and I voted for Biden and I am saying this and why?

You have to have a cutoff date for voting and then let the States count and if the USSC must they can end the count in early December...

There is no need to go past November 3rd unless you ( not you but others ) believe they need more time to get the result they want.

Enough votes have been cast and we should know by November 5th if Biden won or we will have another four years of Trump ranting how great he is...

Or must they?

That is also the point of an extra 20-40 million votes. Create enough chaos and their fraud will be easy to cover.
You realize, of course, that the Republicans are just as capable of engaging in this unsubstantiated fraud, right?

Oh no ... My vote gets tallied when I hit the send button on the machine.

I don't care whatever goofy mess y'all want to do.
I make sure everything is correct from when I had them my ID to when they clear the machine after I am done.

I know my vote gets counted when I cast it, and there isn't anything "provisional" about it. ... :thup:

I am thinking he means provisional in order to make sure you didn’t also send in a mail in ballot or someone else in your name.

Or must they?

Or must they?

You realize, of course, that the Republicans are just as capable of engaging in this unsubstantiated fraud, right?

Well no, they are generally not criminals. Even though they should hire a few democrats to commit fraud for them.

Forum List

Back