Voting for who your neighbor wants VS voting for who you want

My point is that voting for a candidate one feels is electable is a valid point. I didn't say anyone specifically.
everyone running for office is electable

and speaking of which, people right now are saying that a guy who talked about kids bouncing on his lap and running their hands up and down his hairy legs is electable. let that sink in for a moment

Are they all electable to the same degree? You really believe that this is in the bag for Democrats? I'll give you an example. Let's say Bloomberg wins the nomination, are you going to vote for him in the general or are you going to assume everyone else is going to do it for you?
Im voting for Bernie in the primary and Im either going Dem or Green in the general if Bernie doesnt get the nominee. we will see who gets the nominee

Then you proved my point. The candidates are not as electable to the same degree and if you vote green in the general you win nothing. You lose more supreme court justices, more deregulation to harm our environment, more locking up of children at the borders, more global corruption on a scale few have seen.

You're actually the posterchild for why a more than 2 party system can't succeed without at least setting up some ground work for which you've probably never thought about.
I cant in good conscience vote for Biden if he is the nominee. I vote for who *I* like not who you like

Right, I get it. You're not going to get 100% of what you want so Trump will win reelection. I only wish I felt I was privileged enough that my vote or lack there of doesn't bring any harm to me or this planet. Climate change is happening now, if we don't do anything in the next couple of year then it's too late. If you're young it very well may be yours or your kids death sentence if you're older then you're just selfish.

The Democrat's problem is their message is lost ... their platform looks like "anybody but The Donald" ... that won't work ... if the President sets the national discourse, then he'll win easy ...

"Medicaid for all" and "free college tuition" are not things the President can do ... it's outside the power of the Presidency ... only Congress can do these things ... why these Democrats are campaigning to do things they won't be allowed to do is just amazing ... "elect me and I'll rip up the Constitution even worse than The Donald" ...

Ok, boomer ...
If a few more Democrats get elected to the Senate, they can do those things.

everyone running for office is electable

and speaking of which, people right now are saying that a guy who talked about kids bouncing on his lap and running their hands up and down his hairy legs is electable. let that sink in for a moment

Are they all electable to the same degree? You really believe that this is in the bag for Democrats? I'll give you an example. Let's say Bloomberg wins the nomination, are you going to vote for him in the general or are you going to assume everyone else is going to do it for you?
Im voting for Bernie in the primary and Im either going Dem or Green in the general if Bernie doesnt get the nominee. we will see who gets the nominee

Then you proved my point. The candidates are not as electable to the same degree and if you vote green in the general you win nothing. You lose more supreme court justices, more deregulation to harm our environment, more locking up of children at the borders, more global corruption on a scale few have seen.

You're actually the posterchild for why a more than 2 party system can't succeed without at least setting up some ground work for which you've probably never thought about.
I cant in good conscience vote for Biden if he is the nominee. I vote for who *I* like not who you like

Right, I get it. You're not going to get 100% of what you want so Trump will win reelection. I only wish I felt I was privileged enough that my vote or lack there of doesn't bring any harm to me or this planet. Climate change is happening now, if we don't do anything in the next couple of year then it's too late. If you're young it very well may be yours or your kids death sentence if you're older then you're just selfish.
Great argument to get everyone to vote Democrat for you--the big bad Donald will win if we don't--but if the Dems don't deserve my vote, they're not gonna get it. Fuck them. Twice.

Great argument to get everyone to vote Democrat for you--the big bad Donald will win if we don't--but if the Dems don't deserve my vote, they're not gonna get it. Fuck them. Twice.

Then you get Trump. Congratulations literally the worst person we could have in the White House right now.

The Democrat's problem is their message is lost ... their platform looks like "anybody but The Donald" ... that won't work ... if the President sets the national discourse, then he'll win easy ...

"Medicaid for all" and "free college tuition" are not things the President can do ... it's outside the power of the Presidency ... only Congress can do these things ... why these Democrats are campaigning to do things they won't be allowed to do is just amazing ... "elect me and I'll rip up the Constitution even worse than The Donald" ...

Ok, boomer ...
Trump ran on promises he couldnt do unilaterally either so whats your point

It's gonna be Bernie.

That's because Bernie has fanatic supporters who'll refuse to vote for any other democratic candidate. Many will vote for Trump just to be spiteful. Therefore the only way that Democrats will be united is if Bernie is the candidate

So I say, "O.K., I'll go for Bernie", even if I think that his policies are unrealistic and he has only a slim chance of beating trump.

However, if Bernie loses to trump, I hereby reserve the right to kick a Bernie supporters ass!

(BTW - that would be my son!)

It's gonna be Bernie.

That's because Bernie has fanatic supporters who'll refuse to vote for any other democratic candidate. Many will vote for Trump just to be spiteful. Therefore the only way that Democrats will be united is if Bernie is the candidate

So I say, "O.K., I'll go for Bernie", even if I think that his policies are unrealistic and he has only a slim chance of beating trump.

However, if Bernie loses to trump, I hereby reserve the right to kick a Bernie supporters ass!

you dont have the right to inflict violence upon people and furthermore, be prepared because I fight back

Then you get Trump. Congratulations literally the worst person we could have in the White House right now.
i can think of at least 4-5 that may be worse, but they wont be any better...

I can't think of anyone running for president currently that is worse than Trump. That's just me though I don't like my first term presidents impeached.

It's gonna be Bernie.

you dont have the right to inflict violence upon people and furthermore, be prepared because I fight back

Since when are you my son?

I can't think of anyone running for president currently that is worse than Trump. That's just me though I don't like my first term presidents impeached.
i can think of at least 3-4....

It is amazing that with the millions of Americans in the Democratic party, they couldn't find anyone better than the current candidates!

Of course you do but you consider Trump at some level to be acceptable so I'm not really concerned with your opinion.

Of course you do but you consider Trump at some level to be acceptable so I'm not really concerned with your opinion.
likewise i can care less about your opinion because you dont care about what your pick wants to do,all you care about is getting trump out....

It is amazing that with the millions of Americans in the Democratic party, they couldn't find anyone better than the current candidates!
Bernie is the best Dem I have seen in my lifetime. Yang and Beto were great as well.

Now if Biden were the only frontrunner i would agree with you

Trump ran on promises he couldnt do unilaterally either so whats your point

That's exactly my point ... Democrats lose if they allow this ... The Donald's lies are far far sweeter than Dems ... the Dems aren't going to be able to wrench the discussion away from The Donald's lies ... let alone get anyone to talk about their lies ... I'm liable to vote for Satan, why settle for a lessor evil? ...

QUOTE="Stratford57, post: 24092932, member: 49659"]View attachment 307744
upload_2020-2-20_10-49-48-png.307744

It's a tough choice. Thanks God I'm not a Democrat.[/QUOTE]
that a rather informative headline IMO. Pete being gay and all!!! Just saying.

i'm laughing my damn ass off. Freudian slip?

likewise i can care less about your opinion because you dont care about what your pick wants to do,all you care about is getting trump out....

Great, then why bother starting this convo with me?

Great, then why bother starting this convo with me?
because you were in this thread?....if you dont want replies to what you say maybe you should not be here....

Forum List

Back