VP debate ?? Who won

Quasar44

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
Vance was both super likeable and outstanding in laying his policies and attacking Harris

Waltz did come across as very likeable and even semi moderate!!
He failed to defend Harris’s appalling record

Excellent debate , JD won !

The T vs H debate was lousy on both sides and this was 1000 times better

Vance was both super likeable and outstanding in laying his policies and attacking Harris

The moderators started out trying to fact check Vance and argue but the first time they did it, Vance put them in their place and would not let them get aways with it. So, the moderators were better behaved from that point on.

JD Vance kicked Walz's ass .. Vance was composed, focused and clearly articulated responses, while also counterpunching with counterarguments when needed. He also demonstrated he isn't the 'weird' candidate that Walz and Harris have been describing the last 2 months. It was a masterclass performance.

Walz was extremely tense, obviously nervous, in over his head, and not composed. He demonstrated frustration and a dazed look throughout the debate, was caught in a lie when moderators called him out and used the Kamala playbook to provide non-answer answers to talk about his childhood.

Walz did better than I thought he'd do but he seemed too reflective of a career politician. This is not what Americans want.

He had a very difficult job to defend the last 4 years. Furthermore, his answer to the China question screamed dishonesty or perhaps even deception. That probably concerns alot of people.

Vance as a VP will have Trumps trust and ear. Trump respects intelligent people. Pence was more of a yes man, Vance is the type Trump can hang out with and he will take JDs opinions to heart. It will be his decision as president but he was swayed in the past based on the advice of people he respected such as Pompeos advice about not releasing all of the JFK files (though he released enough).

I think both did a good job, there was no real loser in my opinion as far as how each conducted themselves.

I think cbs screwed the pooch though by doing the one sided fact check, and tossing that gotcha question out there at the end, and not asking waltz to defend some of Harris’ statements.

Other than that, I thought both of them did a fine job

JD Vance kicked Walz's ass .. Vance was composed, focused and clearly articulated responses, while also counterpunching with counterarguments when needed. He also demonstrated he isn't the 'weird' candidate that Walz and Harris have been describing the last 2 months. It was a masterclass performance.

Walz was extremely tense, obviously nervous, in over his head, and not composed. He demonstrated frustration and a dazed look throughout the debate, was caught in a lie when moderators called him out and used the Kamala playbook to provide non-answer answers to talk about his childhood.

JD won for sure but it was good overall

The reviews I saw put it at a draw if not a slight edge for Vance, but I don't think it'll move the needle in any way. VP debates never do.
All JD had to do to win the debate was answer the following question correctly:
Who won the 2020 presidential election?

That he could NOT answer that easy question should disqualify him.
We need people who can tell Trump the TRUTH, like Mike Pence, not people who cower before him.

Walz did better than I thought he'd do but he seemed too reflective of a career politician. This is not what Americans want.

He had a very difficult job to defend the last 4 years. Furthermore, his answer to the China question screamed dishonesty or perhaps even deception. That probably concerns alot of people.

Vance as a VP will have Trumps trust and ear. Trump respects intelligent people. Pence was more of a yes man, Vance is the type Trump can hang out with and he will take JDs opinions to heart. It will be his decision as president but he was swayed in the past based on the advice of people he respected such as Pompeos advice about not releasing all of the JFK files (though he released enough).
Is that why trump fired all the intelligent people?

Forum List

Back