Wages at Golden Corral $2.13 an hour

The wife and I went to the New Golden Corral Buffet last night, and I asked the bus boy how much they started him out at. He said $2.13 an hour! I asked what the cooks were paid. He said he wasn't positive, thought it was $8.00 an hour. Anyone think they get medical benefits?
At $2.13 an hour, that guy can't even buy a cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich at Burger King.($3.99) Is it really possible to live on $80.00 a week?
Looks like the cons have succeeded in making the U.S. a banana republic.
Our dinner was $26.00

Did you tip him the 20 percent. If not you are the reason he makes so low. If gets tips from every table he makes way over 2.13 an hour.. I know I tip at least 20 percent for decent service, 15 for bad service and up to 30 percent for great service.. They clean like 10 tables and hour. If he just got 2 dollar tip for each table that is 20.00 an hour plus the 2.13 . Way over the min wage you cry about

Every person is entitled to a job as well. The government should insure EVERY ONE has a livable wage,home to live in and food in their belly.

And how are you handling the "entitlements" for those people who make awful choices in life? Does society owe a "livable" wage, a home and food to someone that didn't work hard in school, doesn't really like getting up and going to work and does a terrible job when they are there? Is it fair that that person gets things they haven't earned...paid for by those who HAVE worked hard?

It's a nice "concept" Orion but like many concepts falls on it's face when implemented in a real world situation.

ORION also wants the government to wipe our asses after we have that full belly.. How about personal RESPONSIBLITY ..

the wife and i went to the new golden corral buffet last night, and i asked the bus boy how much they started him out at. He said $2.13 an hour! I asked what the cooks were paid. He said he wasn't positive, thought it was $8.00 an hour. Anyone think they get medical benefits?
At $2.13 an hour, that guy can't even buy a cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich at burger king.($3.99) is it really possible to live on $80.00 a week?
Looks like the cons have succeeded in making the u.s. A banana republic.
Our dinner was $26.00

$mcfly.png

Every person is entitled to a job as well. The government should insure EVERY ONE has a livable wage,home to live in and food in their belly.

And if you don't feel motivated to go to school and get an education and try to make a better life for yourself.

Don't worry you will be taken care of from cradle to grave....

Just make sure you vote Democrat in every election to make sure you receive what you are entitled to.

Well, we've seen the Ying and the Yang ^^^ but nothing pragmatic.

Everyone in a democratic society is entitled to equal protection under the law and equal opportunity. The former can be guaranteed by the legislatures, the latter by an educated populace.

Ignorance is the father of prejudice and bigotry, thus we must educate the ignorant and condemn publicly the willfully ignorant. Since the willfully ignorant and the malevolent will always exist (living under the motto, "I got mine, fuck the rest of you") a democrat government has a duty to make sure opportunity is equally available to all.

"The Ignorant" is what's graduating our government controlled schools and voting for Obama and Democrats

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, but let him vote Democrat and he'll have food stamps and free stuff forever

The bus boy where I work gets paid the same as the waitresses do. Around 2.50 / hour.

At the end of the night the waitresses have to give him/her 3% of our nights sales. So if we have sales of $1000 for the night, he makes 30 off me. Same goes for all the waitresses on for that night which is anywhere from 4-6 on a shift depending on the night. I usually make about 20% of my sales in tips.

But I know he busts his ass to clear my tables so they can turn it over. The more I make, the more he makes. Thats his incentive.

And according to the OP both you and the busser were forced to take those jobs by racist evil white racist republicans. I hope that you vote democrat so that you can get a better job.

Good luck.

I waited tables for twenty years ... had sort of my own cult following.

When I was younger, I was very, very quick, but as I got older, I had to rely on my smarts and personality. Wherever I worked, I doubled as the bouncer - even was back-up for the cops we would pay. I made very good money, but I had an unfair advantage over the other servers; I was good with $.

If the computers ever went down, I could very easily calculate tax and add up the bill. The younger kids were better on the PC, but they just could not function in the absence of their almighty computer.

I never wrote anything down unless I was dealing with more than 12 guests.

I retired from serving when I realized that most folks are much meaner to older servers. Sad fact.

Last edited:
And if you don't feel motivated to go to school and get an education and try to make a better life for yourself.

Just make sure you vote Democrat in every election to make sure you receive what you are entitled to.

Everyone in a democratic society is entitled to equal protection under the law and equal opportunity. The former can be guaranteed by the legislatures, the latter by an educated populace.

Ignorance is the father of prejudice and bigotry, thus we must educate the ignorant and condemn publicly the willfully ignorant. Since the willfully ignorant and the malevolent will always exist (living under the motto, "I got mine, fuck the rest of you") a democrat government has a duty to make sure opportunity is equally available to all.

"The Ignorant" is what's graduating our government controlled schools and voting for Obama and Democrats

Baloney, why would you even say that?

Listen, as much as I wish it were true, we can't blame everything on "Liberals."

Own your party's problems - Republicans are eff-ups too.

Baloney, why would you even say that?

Listen, as much as I wish it were true, we can't blame everything on "Liberals."

Own your party's problems - Republicans are eff-ups too.

Do you have any idea what's graduating our public high schools??????????

1/3 drop out!

The vast majority of the 2/3's who 'graduate" need remedial education to function at a community college level! They can't read or write, they've been ground down into the Low Information Base that is the lifeblood of the Democrat Party

In your biased and dishonest opinion.

Was lucky enough to spend a couple of weeks in Europe a few years ago.

Where I was the waiters made an hourly wage and tipping was not expected.

Food was good but service sucked and there was no incentive to turn the customers over. Waiters were happy to seat a couple at one meant for 4 or 6 and let you linger as long as you wanted, there simply was no incentive for them to get new customers seated, they could not increase their wages through tips.

In your biased and dishonest opinion.

You might want to check Graduation rates at our public "schools"

Was lucky enough to spend a couple of weeks in Europe a few years ago.

Where I was the waiters made an hourly wage and tipping was not expected.

Food was good but service sucked and there was no incentive to turn the customers over. Waiters were happy to seat a couple at one meant for 4 or 6 and let you linger as long as you wanted, there simply was no incentive for them to get new customers seated, they could not increase their wages through tips.

See, in a restaurant run by Liberals, they would serve you small portions of rancid food because that's how they believe companies earn record profits, by cheating their customers

The wife and I went to the New Golden Corral Buffet last night, and I asked the bus boy how much they started him out at. He said $2.13 an hour! I asked what the cooks were paid. He said he wasn't positive, thought it was $8.00 an hour. Anyone think they get medical benefits?
At $2.13 an hour, that guy can't even buy a cup of coffee and a breakfast sandwich at Burger King.($3.99) Is it really possible to live on $80.00 a week?
Looks like the cons have succeeded in making the U.S. a banana republic.
Our dinner was $26.00

Lying again, huh scumbag?

When you lie, the baby Obama smiles! :thup:

Forum List

Back