Waitaminute. Isn't the IRS Supposed to Watch Out for Tax Cheats?

Cheating on one's taxes is one of the more common crimes in America. The IRS has every right to scrutinize tax exemption applications and they have the right to apply that scrutiny on a non-random basis, iow,

using methods to sort out applications that are more likely to be questionable than others.

They do that all the time auditing tax returns.

What they can't do is apply any screen that intentionally attempts to identify applications for tax exemption in a way that targets groups of a particular partisan affiliation.

Which is exactly what was done here.

Assuming that the screening was done with the intent of targeting conservative groups.

Assuming?

They said that's what they did and that they did it on purpose.

If the IRS is supposed to watch out for tax cheats, it of course has no business also being involved in health care because then you end up with the IRS seizing the health care records of 60 million people who have no connection with tax cheating at all.

Cheating on one's taxes is one of the more common crimes in America. The IRS has every right to scrutinize tax exemption applications and they have the right to apply that scrutiny on a non-random basis, iow,

using methods to sort out applications that are more likely to be questionable than others.

What they can't do is apply any screen that intentionally attempts to identify applications for tax exemption in a way that targets groups of a particular partisan affiliation.

Which is exactly what they did.

Now the question is, who told them to do that?

The buck stops with Obama, but if he gets the blame, he will just say it is Bush's fault.

Why would the buck stop with President Obama?

Ironic this is happening now.

It appears I am a victim of identity theft.
After weeks and weeks of waiting for my refund I find out someone "may"
have filed a return using my SS #. The IRS agent was vague about that.

I have done some research and it seems that in past cases the IRS will not cut a new check to the victim of the identity theft.

So we have this big tough as nails organization (the IRS) who has big balls to go after
the hard working American who tries to squeeze a few extra dollars out of the government by using the tax laws to his/her advantage.When the criminals file a bogus return the IRS asks "will that be cash or check"....

I have no idea what's going to happen.The IRS still hasn't told me officially what happened.All I know is I filed Federal and State on March 16th and have nothing to show for it.

Thanks IRS.... :evil:

Hope you get it straightened out soon, Roz. That is terrible. Be sure to check your credit as well.

Which is exactly what they did.

Now the question is, who told them to do that?

The buck stops with Obama, but if he gets the blame, he will just say it is Bush's fault.

well, let's see, this is from a lesson plan on the US govt's website for kids relating to the role of the President -

The president's principal roles:

•Approve federal laws (bills) created by Congress (Senate and House of Representatives), which is the legislative branch of government
•Lead the nation's people, making sure citizens obey the laws and setting priorities for the country, including helping the Congress decide how the budget is spent
•Manage the government, making sure that decisions and programs are being carried out effectively, with the help of the vice president and appointed cabinet members who head different departments (agriculture, commerce, defense, education, energy, health and human services, housing and urban development, interior, justice, labor, state, transportation, treasury, veterans affairs)

http://edsitement.neh.gov/lesson-pl...understanding-presidents-job#sect-preparation

The whole point of the IRS exercise wasn't to catch tax cheats. No one had cheated, these organizations were just being formed. The point was to interfere with and obstruct organization against obama just before the election. The IRS and Benghazi have that much in common. Both were to manipulate the election process by preventing organization, criticism and information from reaching the people.

As it was, obama won by a very small margin, had he not engaged in these manipulations, he would have lost.

No, Obama still would have won because you dipshits ran Romney.

Point was, if they were political organizations, they didn't qualify for the tax credit they were applying for. Hense, THEY CHEATED.

Obama still would have won because you dipshits ran Romney.

The person who wrote the above is a very low-information voter. Romney's mistakes were not deadly; the hate faux rage of the far right put the dagger in his back.

Waitaminute. Isn't the IRS Supposed to Watch Out for Tax Cheats? | Crooks and Liars

Makes sense since the tea party is against taxes in the first place and has a big history of tax abuse/evasion among many of it's members.

The real scandal was allowing them to have that tax exemption in the first place.

But yet you I suspect and many on the left were A-ok with Kathleen Sebelius and Timothy Geithner's failure to pay taxes. For the record something I'm sure you already know but chose to distort the Tea Party was never against paying taxes they were against increasing taxes that they felt were high enough that is a lot different than not paying your taxes as the two Obama nominees here did and who despite that I might add got confirmed to their positions.

Obama still would have won because you dipshits ran Romney.

The person who wrote the above is a very low-information voter. Romney's mistakes were not deadly; the hate faux rage of the far right put the dagger in his back.

"I like to be able to fire people"
"I'm not concerned about the very poor".
"I can't have illegals here, I'm running for office, for Pete's Sake."
"No one ever had to ask for my birth certificate"
"47% of people are moochers"
"They had these Chinese women 120 to a dormatory. It was a great investment".

Sorry, the far right didn't make Romney say this kind of stupid shit.

Yes, dipshit, the biggest problem the GOP had in 2012 was that you guys ran a heartless plutocrat and asked people who had been battered by them for the last 4 years to vote for one.

Ironic this is happening now.

It appears I am a victim of identity theft.
After weeks and weeks of waiting for my refund I find out someone "may"
have filed a return using my SS #. The IRS agent was vague about that.

I have done some research and it seems that in past cases the IRS will not cut a new check to the victim of the identity theft.

So we have this big tough as nails organization (the IRS) who has big balls to go after
the hard working American who tries to squeeze a few extra dollars out of the government by using the tax laws to his/her advantage.When the criminals file a bogus return the IRS asks "will that be cash or check"....

I have no idea what's going to happen.The IRS still hasn't told me officially what happened.All I know is I filed Federal and State on March 16th and have nothing to show for it.

Thanks IRS.... :evil:

You are not alone. This happened to one of my tenant's. Now he is behind on rent. This IRS shit is hurting us all.

well, let's see, this is from a lesson plan on the US govt's website for kids relating to the role of the President -

The president's principal roles:

•Approve federal laws (bills) created by Congress (Senate and House of Representatives), which is the legislative branch of government
•Lead the nation's people, making sure citizens obey the laws and setting priorities for the country, including helping the Congress decide how the budget is spent
•Manage the government, making sure that decisions and programs are being carried out effectively, with the help of the vice president and appointed cabinet members who head different departments (agriculture, commerce, defense, education, energy, health and human services, housing and urban development, interior, justice, labor, state, transportation, treasury, veterans affairs)

The President's Roles and Responsibilities: Understanding the President's Job | EDSITEment

The President is commander-in-chief. Should he go to prison for the Ft. Hood shootings?

ObamA won nearly every state that was in play.....it was a landslide

He won every state in play by a very small margin--the margin of inner city Negroes looking for free gov't cheese.
The turnout of Republicans was much lower. Perhaps the chilling effect of the IRS cut their turnout, giving the election to Obama? I dunno.

This "the margin of inner city Negroes looking for free gov't cheese" is one of our more undocumented racist remarks, ranking with buckeye and lonestar's nonsense.

Forum List

Back