Waiting period to buy a gun...?

Apparently, some people still think this is not just a good idea, but necessary.
Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence Gun Law Information Experts

To this end, a federal judge struck the waiting period on CA for most gun buyers
Federal judge strikes down California gun purchase waiting period in some cases Fox News

If a waiting period for an abortion is insufferable, how is if OK to force people to wait to buy a gun?
Fewer Waiting Periods For Guns Than For Abortions INFOGRAPHIC

I already own several guns and have a CCW permit -- why should I have to wait some arbitrary amount of time before I can exercise my right to arms?
If you already have guns, why is there such an emergency to get another today?
so constitutional rights should be delayed,how about we have a voting waiting period?

We do, in some states. Closing polling places and moving the polling place from neighborhoods likely to vote for Democrats two and three bus transfers away, creating long lines where voters need to wait hours to cast their ballot

Oh please. If anything it's the exact opposite. Try being white and voting in a precinct where the NBPP is acting as a polling "observer".

0.jpg

What legal reasoning? Let's try common sense, first. Scalia needed twenty pages to try and convince the other justices to vote with him on Heller, he succeeded only to convince the other three conservatives.
Please present your argument as to how what the court ruled, and what Scalia argued, in Heller is unsound.

Apparently, some people still think this is not just a good idea, but necessary.

To this end, a federal judge struck the waiting period on CA for most gun buyers
Federal judge strikes down California gun purchase waiting period in some cases Fox News

If a waiting period for an abortion is insufferable, how is if OK to force people to wait to buy a gun?

I already own several guns and have a CCW permit -- why should I have to wait some arbitrary amount of time before I can exercise my right to arms?
so constitutional rights should be delayed,how about we have a voting waiting period?

We do, in some states. Closing polling places and moving the polling place from neighborhoods likely to vote for Democrats two and three bus transfers away, creating long lines where voters need to wait hours to cast their ballot

Oh please. If anything it's the exact opposite. Try being white and voting in a precinct where the NBPP is acting as a polling "observer".

0.jpg
That is a great example of scared white people (Fox News Viewers) getting all pushed out of shape by a non threat.

That guy wasn't holding that club to prevent white people from voting. It was a lame attempt by him to impress the people around him that he was a protector of the rights of black people to vote, and he was showing off how he wouldn't let blacks be prevented from voting. Then the racists at Fox News got ahold of it

It takes a lot of ignorance to believe voter intimidation is a significant factor in the outcomes of elections in the US, for both sides.

It does say a lot about how racist you are, if that picture scares you

That guy wasn't holding that club to prevent white people from voting. It was a lame attempt by him to impress the people around him that he was a protector of the rights of black people to vote, and he was showing off how he wouldn't let blacks be prevented from voting. Then the racists at Fox News got ahold of it
Irony you can't cut with a chainsaw.

It's apparent you've misunderstood what "irony" is.

Why did you embolden the words "black" in my post?

What's you point?

What's you point?
Bold = highlight to the terms that illustrate my point

You note that these people in question are there to protect the interests of black people - as opposed to all people, regardless of race - and then complain about the supposed racism of FNC

That is indeed irony, by any definition.

Or try to get 501(b) status if you have Tea Party, Patriot in the title of your group....and you better make sure your tax records are squeaky clean......because the IRS will be looking at you if you are a republican group....as well as the rest of the ABCs of the federal government agencies....ask the conservative groups prior to the last election....

0.jpg
That is a great example of scared white people (Fox News Viewers) getting all pushed out of shape by a non threat.

It takes a lot of ignorance to believe voter intimidation is a significant factor in the outcomes of elections in the US, for both sides.

How do you know what his motives were? Quick, look it up! The fact is you wouldn't know. I'd walk by him but by hand would be on my gun, a club is a deadly weapon.

0.jpg

How do you know what his motives were? Quick, look it up! The fact is you wouldn't know. I'd walk by him but by hand would be on my gun, a club is a deadly weapon.

How do YOU know what his motives are? And this picture has been posted hundreds of times by viewers of Fox Entertainment, making a not so subtle effort at hate and fear mongering.

The truth is he was dressed in this manner to pass out treats left over from the week before the election. Every person voting got a candy bar and a thank you for voting - every person, no matter their race, color, creed or political affiliation. Now don't you feel foolish?

0.jpg

How do YOU know what his motives are? And this picture has been posted hundreds of times by viewers of Fox Entertainment, making a not so subtle effort at hate and fear mongering.

The truth is he was dressed in this manner to pass out treats left over from the week before the election. Every person voting got a candy bar and a thank you for voting - every person, no matter their race, color, creed or political affiliation. Now don't you feel foolish?

In the State of California what is the Penal Code for carrying a truncheon? Hell, what happens if you get caught with one in your car? Not even in your hand! Truly, for someone who claims to have been in law enforcement, your defense of this individual in this image speaks volumes about you.

0.jpg

In the State of California what is the Penal Code for carrying a truncheon? Hell, what happens if you get caught with one in your car? Not even in your hand! Truly, for someone who claims to have been in law enforcement, your defense of this individual in this image speaks volumes about you.

My defense was not to make a judgment without knowing the facts. The picture is an example of profiling, jumping to a conclusion without first talking to him and others on scene.

The first question to ask is this: Are you employed as a security officer?

22295. (a) Nothing in any provision listed in Section 16580
prohibits any police officer, special police officer, peace officer,
or law enforcement officer from carrying any wooden club or baton.
(b) Nothing in any provision listed in Section 16580 prohibits a
uniformed security guard, regularly employed and compensated by a
person engaged in any lawful business, while actually employed and
engaged in protecting and preserving property or life within the
scope of employment, from carrying any wooden club or baton if the
uniformed security guard has satisfactorily completed a course of
instruction certified by the Department of Consumer Affairs in the
carrying and use of the club or baton.
The training institution
certified by the Department of Consumer Affairs to present this
course, whether public or private, is authorized to charge a fee
covering the cost of the training.

What's you point?

You note that these people in question are there to protect the interests of black people - as opposed to all people, regardless of race - and then complain about the supposed racism of FNC

Irony only has one definition, in spite of what Alanis Morrisette would have you think.

It's the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect. So your inference regarding the intentions of that NBPP party idiot doesn't signify the opposite of anything, and wasn't the least bit funny.

Apparently the second word definition you're having trouble with is "racism"

Racism is a belief that one race is superior or inferior to one, or more, other races.

You're simply afraid of black people. Likely due to exposure to the wrong sort of them, or none at all to any black people.

0.jpg

The NBPP party guy who runs that guy's "chapter", or whatever they call it, said in a statement that he was just there to make sure everyone who came to vote, could do it, and said he didn't ask the guy to have a club with him.

I'm pretty sure you're probably like George Zimmerman, but not brave enough to shoot somebody else. People who've never shot someone before talk like you.

What's you point?

Irony only has one definition, in spite of what Alanis Morrisette would have you think.

It's the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect. So your inference regarding the intentions of that NBPP party idiot doesn't signify the opposite of anything, and wasn't the least bit funny.

Apparently the second word definition you're having trouble with is "racism"

Racism is a belief that one race is superior or inferior to one, or more, other races.
Yes. And in this case we have black people who believe the rights of blacks are more important that the rights of anyone else as they are there to protect black people when they vote. That's... wait for it... racism.
For you to then call FNC racists for picking up the story or racism is... wait for it... ironic.
Hopefully you understand now.

0.jpg

The NBPP party guy who runs that guy's "chapter", or whatever they call it, said in a statement that he was just there to make sure everyone who came to vote, could do it, and said he didn't ask the guy to have a club with him.

I'm pretty sure you're probably like George Zimmerman, but not brave enough to shoot somebody else. People who've never shot someone before talk like you.
I'm pretty sure you go through life with your head up your ass and we can see only a small fraction of it here.

I asked about how you knew what the guy's motives were with the club and you say you saw something from someone else that didn't invite him there. You have an opinion about what I would or wouldn't do in an unknown situation when you don't know me. Two points to make and both as stupid as possible.

0.jpg

My defense was not to make a judgment without knowing the facts. The picture is an example of profiling, jumping to a conclusion without first talking to him and others on scene.

The training institution

No. I'm not. Neither was he. So, you have just shown us that, at least in the State of California, what he was doing was brandishing a club. Which, in the State of California is a FELONY.

Thank you.

The training institution

No. I'm not. Neither was he. So, you have just shown us that, at least in the State of California, what he was doing was brandishing a club. Which, in the State of California is a FELONY.

Thank you.

You're not what, smart? How do you know from a photograph that he did not have a guard card, was trained and was employed? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

The training institution

Thank you.

You're not what, smart? How do you know from a photograph that he did not have a guard card, was trained and was employed? HOW DO YOU KNOW?

Because after the event he was investigated. Further, even if he HAD a guard card, he would need to have been employed by the buildings owner, with, you know, an honest to gosh CONTRACT, which he was not, for the guard card to be relevant. I can tell he's not employed as a guard for the simple reason he's not in UNIFORM. A REQUIREMENT. I realize he is wearing a NBPP uniform, but they are not an accredited security guard company. Now are they....

The training institution

Thank you.

Because after the event he was investigated. Further, even if he HAD a guard card, he would need to have been employed by the buildings owner, with, you know, an honest to gosh CONTRACT, which he was not, for the guard card to be relevant. I can tell he's not employed as a guard for the simple reason he's not in UNIFORM. A REQUIREMENT. I realize he is wearing a NBPP uniform, but they are not an accredited security guard company. Now are they....

How should I know every "accredited security guard company", and in our words, "he's not in UNIFORM. A REQUIREMENT. I realize he is wearing a NBPP uniform"?

"he was investigated"? Really, who did the investigation and where is the evidence? How do you know he had no contract and was not employed by the building owner? Where is that evidence?

My point being the photograph has been posted hundreds (?) of times for the single purpose of inciting hate and fear against black males. How do I know that? Simple, I've seen the posts and never, not once, did anyone ask any of the questions I posed, nor did anyone who posted the photo provide evidence - just like you failed to do - which is credible.

Forum List

Back