Wake up and smell the coffee.

JUst what is the difference between sugar and honey anyway? If you are adding honey, you are adding sugar.

Lemme put it to you this way, Angie: good coffee with a blurp of light cream NEEDS NO SUGAR OR HONEY. I never use either. There is enough sweetness and sugars in the light creme to give all the sweetness needed while the creme adds the body and makes the flavor stick to one's tongue.

Lemme put it to you this way, Angie: good coffee with a blurp of light cream NEEDS NO SUGAR OR HONEY. I never use either. There is enough sweetness and sugars in the light creme to give all the sweetness needed while the creme adds the body and makes the flavor stick to one's tongue.
My wife always uses cream or whatever.
Very rarely, I may use a little French Vanilla, hazelnut or caramel machiato but usually just honey. Sometimes if I'm out mowing early or something I skip coffee and have a Red Bull or Monster or maybe just juice and some fruit.

For one of my wife's birthdays, I bought her kona coffee. It was $70 for a 1 lb bag of 100% pure kona coffee.

It was literally the best, smoothest coffee I've ever had. By far.

But it was $70 for a bag.

If you ever want to try it yourself, do your own research. There is a wide variety of "kona" coffees out there, with some including as little as 10% in the bag. I also learned there was IIRC 5 different variations of beans for kona coffee. I had to do a couple hours of research before I figured out what I was doing.

We should boycott this coffee..
1619924475837.png

For one of my wife's birthdays, I bought her kona coffee. It was $70 for a 1 lb bag of 100% pure kona coffee.

It was literally the best, smoothest coffee I've ever had. By far.

But it was $70 for a bag.

If you ever want to try it yourself, do your own research. There is a wide variety of "kona" coffees out there, with some including as little as 10% in the bag. I also learned there was IIRC 5 different variations of beans for kona coffee. I had to do a couple hours of research before I figured out what I was doing.
I ordered mine from Hawaii. It's smooth and mild, but you cannot miss its kick. It wakes you up. The closest reasonably priced coffee to Kona is Folger's "Breakfast Blend." I think it's Folgers gift to the working class. :coffee:

I used to get my coffee at 7-11 when I was a delivery driver, and when I was a bus driver. I love 7-11 coffees, they aren't bitter and harsh, and they always have an assortment of crap you can add to them!!

But then I got an office job, and I started drinking coffee at work. A couple of companies had coffee bars on each floor, which was nice. Assortment of coffees, hot chocolates, and teas in those pod cups. And thats what I use at home now that I am working from home.

tenor.gif

I used to get my coffee at 7-11 when I was a delivery driver, and when I was a bus driver. I love 7-11 coffees, they aren't bitter and harsh, and they always have an assortment of crap you can add to them!!

But then I got an office job, and I started drinking coffee at work. A couple of companies had coffee bars on each floor, which was nice. Assortment of coffees, hot chocolates, and teas in those pod cups. And thats what I use at home now that I am working from home.

tenor.gif
Cat lover coffee lounge cutie! Thank you for sharing.

Hey Angelo

Thanks for starting this coffee branch. I bought a bag of Kona Extra Fancy coffee from Volcanica for my wife for Mother's Day next week.

But FFS, it's gone up! Last time I bought a bag five years ago, it was $70. And that was expensive! Today it's $120. Wowser!

I rationalize it this way. There are 36 servings in a 1 lb bag. $120 / 36 = $3.33, which is cheaper than a small late at Starbuck's.

Still, once every five years is probably enough. m

Hey Angelo

Thanks for starting this coffee branch. I bought a bag of Kona Extra Fancy coffee from Volcanica for my wife for Mother's Day next week.

But FFS, it's gone up! Last time I bought a bag five years ago, it was $70. And that was expensive! Today it's $120. Wowser!

I rationalize it this way. There are 36 servings in a 1 lb bag. $120 / 36 = $3.33, which is cheaper than a small late at Starbuck's.

Kona is very good. I buy it unroasted and roast it myself with an inexpensive popcorn popper. Cheaper than buying roasted, plus I prefer a dark roast.

Presto Poplite hot air popper, 1 Size, White

Hey Angelo

Kona is very good. I buy it unroasted and roast it myself with an inexpensive popcorn popper. Cheaper than buying roasted, plus I prefer a dark roast.

Had no idea you could do that....aromatherapy and fresh coffee too.
A tolerable noise level ?

Hey Angelo

Had no idea you could do that....aromatherapy and fresh coffee too.
A tolerable noise level ?
Noise level isn’t any different from popping popcorn. You will want to roast outside as there is a lot of chaff blown off the beans as they roast and some smoke as they are nearing completion. I roast until the second crack is nearly complete. This usually gets you a dark roast, but different beans require different roast times.

Search YouTube for videos.

We have some "special" coffees we store in the freezer, for when we use a french press or the moka pot. But for our daily coffee, we make a blend of Folgers Black Silk and Gevalia Espresso roast. Absolutely delicious dark roast that is ready when we wake up. (God bless a coffee pot with a timer).

I had heard about the pour over method of brewing coffee(used a french press for years)and I was at the thrift store when I noticed one of those 'cones' used to make pour over coffee and since it was 'Vets day' and I got 50% off (always looking for good deal' like when I bought all new triple paned windows because the salesman gave me a 50% discount for letting them put a advertising sign in my front yard.

Alas I digress; yes I paid one dollar for the 'pour over cone' and I kid you not it makes the best tasting coffee I ever had. A little bit of trouble but it is well worth it if you like good tasting coffee.

Though I use a metal cone. Never liked paper filters.

Last edited:
We should boycott this coffee..
View attachment 486140
That is nasty. Rich people are so gullible! They will fall for crap like this. If I was real thug as a lot of people called in my life I could make a fortune coming up with stuff like this and convincing rich people its the latest thing. Yes let us boycott this. Its for there own good and the animals. :102:

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back