Wake up, dufus! It's TRUTH TIME!

Last edited:
Oh please, taxes again? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yes, taxes...the liberal's tool to beat the public into slaves! Some taxation is required to maintain an army and a governing body...but the maintenance of lazy assholes should not be a burden on the taxpayers.
Preamble to the Constitution:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I am curious! What do you think the phrase "...promote the general welfare, . . ." means? Seems to me that helping people who are starving promotes the general welfare. Helping people who could not get medical insurance also seems like promoting the general welfare. Building a federal highway system qualifes as promoting the general welfare. FDA, FAA, DOT, etc are examples of promoting the general welfare. And the list goes on.
Oh, and one other thing, just because a person does not have a job DOES NOT mean that they are lazy. Some people don't have jobs for the simple reason there are no jobs to be had! If you want people to have jobs start bitching at the gop. Rather than passing jobs bills they spend their days repealing the ACA. To date they have voted to repeal it 41 times.
41 repeals of ACA. 0 jobs bills. Does that make any sense to you?

If that's the case, anything could be justified as "promoting the general welfare." How about forcing people to eat broccoli? How about mandatory drug testing for cigarette use? What limits would you see on the nanny state?
Your idiotic ignorant ideas fly in the face of the concept of limited national gov't.

I would take offense had a sensible person shown contempt. Coming from you, it is welcomed.

I do enjoy your narcissism. Other than that, you have no redeeming value. :lol:

methinks @daveman has a bad case of asshole-itis

That's been proven beyond doubt, countless times.

Yes, you do like to pretend that, don't you?

Meanwhile, let's take a look at something more recent:

Who shit on WWII veterans for not blindly following Dear Reader's orders -- me, or you?

I am curious! What do you think the phrase "...promote the general welfare, . . ." means?

The preamble provides no substantive power to the Federal governemnt. Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11, 22 (1905). See also, 1 J. Story, Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States (Boston: 1833), 462. You will need to find your authority elsewhere. In lieu thereof, you may wish to look at Article I, Sec 8, Cl1:

Section. 8. The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

It is this taxing power that Roberts relied upon to uphold ACA

I am curious! What do you think the phrase "...promote the general welfare, . . ." means?

The preamble provides no substantive power to the Federal governemnt. Jacobson v. Massachusetts, 197 U.S. 11, 22 (1905). See also, 1 J. Story, Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States (Boston: 1833), 462. You will need to find your authority elsewhere. In lieu thereof, you may wish to look at Article I, Sec 8, Cl1:

Section. 8. The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

It is this taxing power that Roberts relied upon to uphold ACA
Obama: ACA is not a tax!

SCOTUS (small hand gesture and Jedi mind trick): Yes, it is.

Obama: Yes, it is!

Oh please, taxes again? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Yes, taxes...the liberal's tool to beat the public into slaves! Some taxation is required to maintain an army and a governing body...but the maintenance of lazy assholes should not be a burden on the taxpayers.
Preamble to the Constitution:
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

I am curious! What do you think the phrase "...promote the general welfare, . . ." means? Seems to me that helping people who are starving promotes the general welfare. Helping people who could not get medical insurance also seems like promoting the general welfare. Building a federal highway system qualifes as promoting the general welfare. FDA, FAA, DOT, etc are examples of promoting the general welfare. And the list goes on.
Oh, and one other thing, just because a person does not have a job DOES NOT mean that they are lazy. Some people don't have jobs for the simple reason there are no jobs to be had! If you want people to have jobs start bitching at the gop. Rather than passing jobs bills they spend their days repealing the ACA. To date they have voted to repeal it 41 times.
41 repeals of ACA. 0 jobs bills. Does that make any sense to you?

I'm sorry you don't know the difference between "promote" and "provide"

:cuckoo:

Maybe we should have an entrance test for this site
:eusa_shifty:

"The power to tax is the power to destroy,” wrote John Marshall, memorably, for a unanimous Court in McCulloch v. Maryland, 193 years ago.

Actually, Marshall did not say that. What he said was this:

An unlimited power to tax involves, necessarily, a power to destroy

He also said this:

That the power to tax involves the power to destroy; that the power to destroy may defeat and render useless the power to create; that there is a plain repugnance in conferring on one government a power to control the constitutional measures of another, which other, with respect to those very measures, is declared to be supreme over that which exerts the control, are propositions not to be denied. But all inconsistencies are to be reconciled by the magic of the word confidence. Taxation, it is said, does not necessarily and unavoidably destroy. To carry it to the excess of destruction, would be an abuse, to presume which, would banish that confidence which is essential to all government.

And it was 194 years ago.

"The power to tax is the power to destroy,” wrote John Marshall, memorably, for a unanimous Court in McCulloch v. Maryland, 193 years ago.

Actually, Marshall did not say that. What he said was this:

An unlimited power to tax involves, necessarily, a power to destroy
He also said this:

That the power to tax involves the power to destroy; that the power to destroy may defeat and render useless the power to create; that there is a plain repugnance in conferring on one government a power to control the constitutional measures of another, which other, with respect to those very measures, is declared to be supreme over that which exerts the control, are propositions not to be denied. But all inconsistencies are to be reconciled by the magic of the word confidence. Taxation, it is said, does not necessarily and unavoidably destroy. To carry it to the excess of destruction, would be an abuse, to presume which, would banish that confidence which is essential to all government.
And it was 194 years ago.

doesnt change the fact he is a no good sunna bitch that played a major role in separating people from the rights and the ushering in of the police state.

and with little exception the government in fact does have unlimted power to tax.

the thanks are for the exact quote if that is in fact the exact quote, I presume.

Last edited:
doesnt change the fact he is a no good sunna bitch that played a major role in separating people from the rights and the ushering in of the police state.

Marshall? LOL

and with little exception the government in fact does have unlimted power to tax..

It is qoite extensive but not absolute.See Minneapolis Star Tribune Company v. Commissioner, 460 U.S. 575 (1983).

the thanks are for the exact quote if that is in fact the exact quote, I presume.

Unlike you, I do not intentionally lie in my posts. The quotes were cut and pasted verbatim from the case itself.

I would take offense had a sensible person shown contempt. Coming from you, it is welcomed.

I do enjoy your narcissism. Other than that, you have no redeeming value. :lol:

methinks [MENTION=23991]daveman[/MENTION] has a bad case of asshole-itis when he trolls tbe boards looking to thank all posts like this one slamming Dante. :lmao:
Hey, I was watching a program on the Hubble last night, and they said the damnedest thing -- turns out you're NOT the center of the universe! WTF?!

Meanwhile, it looks like your mention of me proves asaratis is right -- you're a narcissist.

And one with precious little to be narcissistic about, actually.

:redface: so embarrassed over your public acknowledgement of this weird obsession with all things "Dante" :redface:

[MENTION=23991]daveman[/MENTION] and friends :rofl:

methinks [MENTION=23991]daveman[/MENTION] has a bad case of asshole-itis when he trolls tbe boards looking to thank all posts like this one slamming Dante. :lmao:
Hey, I was watching a program on the Hubble last night, and they said the damnedest thing -- turns out you're NOT the center of the universe! WTF?!

Meanwhile, it looks like your mention of me proves asaratis is right -- you're a narcissist.

:lmao:

OMFG! a girlyman/boy chorus. :lmao:

[MENTION=20024]kwc57[/MENTION] [MENTION=23991]daveman[/MENTION]

:redface: so embarrassed over your public acknowledgement of this weird obsession with all things "Dante" :redface:

[MENTION=23991]daveman[/MENTION] and friends :rofl:
You're committing the cardinal sin, dumbass.

You're boring me. And boring things aren't worth my time.

Time for you to be ignored.

:lmao:

OMFG! a girlyman/boy chorus. :lmao:

[MENTION=20024]kwc57[/MENTION] [MENTION=23991]daveman[/MENTION]

Making up for lost time Dainty? Hope your vacation was refreshing and allowed you to collect some new talking points.

Forum List

Back