Walmart Doing Away With Cashiers

I also, when ever I need customer service, will purposely go through a phone tree of automated computers till I get a real person if I can,
God I HATE automated phone trees. They are fucking terrible.

I have never, and I mean never, been helped by an automated phone tree. If I call your damn business it is because the problem I have cannot be solved by an automated process. If I could solve it that way, I would be fucking calling you.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Starbucks go the same way. With Big Labor coming in and taking over, eliminating jobs now is the key- before they get tied into "union work rules" and are unable to eliminate positions.
Yeah, coffee has been dispensed from vending machines for years. Who needs a barista, we used to call them waiters and for a dime you got a bottomless cup.

I showed you my damn receipt retard.....now get your fucking hands off of me............

In ancient times worked in a bad area of Houston. We wouldn't touch you, but the Harris County sheriff's Walmart had at all times would beat your ass in a heartbeat. Good times.

I have never, and I mean never, been helped by an automated phone tree. If I call your damn business it is because the problem I have cannot be solved by an automated process. If I could solve it that way, I would be fucking calling you.
Some of them are fine, but the larger the company you are calling the worse they are.
What I do... no matter what the auto attendent says - I say "live operator". At worst, the third time I say it - I get transferred to a live person. Every time. Usually I only have to say it twice.

In ancient times worked in a bad area of Houston. We wouldn't touch you, but the Harris County sheriff's Walmart had at all times would beat your ass in a heartbeat. Good times.
And why would you.............I pay for my goods and showed you the fucking receipt.........What is the problem.

That has been my point from early on..........As one poster said they have the right to throw down on you IF THEY SUSPECT YOU OF STEALING.

Saying I'm a thief for no reason.........and grab me..........Yeah i'll knock you the fuck out.

I rarely ever set foot in a Walmart, but I went into one the other day because of convenience. They no longer have any cashiers left. The entire check out line has been converted to self check out. Apparently, this is being done all over the country because a friend of mine in Ohio just posted about it on social media.

Here is the result of your $15 an hour for unskilled labor. Enjoy.

I would disagree. This is not a result of higher minimum wage. I go toWalmart for certain things I can’t get elsewhere. They have been reducing cashiers and increasing self checkout for years now. On top of that they quit using seniors and disabled people for their “greeters” because they wanted them to be able to do heavy work like stocking in addition to Walmart. They have a history of exploitive labor practices and minimum wage makes no difference.

I would disagree. This is not a result of higher minimum wage. I go toWalmart for certain things I can’t get elsewhere. They have been reducing cashiers and increasing self checkout for years now. On top of that they quit using seniors and disabled people for their “greeters” because they wanted them to be able to do heavy work like stocking in addition to Walmart. They have a history of exploitive labor practices and minimum wage makes no difference.
They are losing business as a result............and the local grocery stores win that way.

Just trying to get an actual human…

So please explain.

Why does Walmart decide to replace CASHIERS with Self-CheckOut?
A: Bigger Profit. Duh.

If you answer anything but.........Because we can make more money......Then you don't support Capitalism.
Capitalism WAS a (R) stronghold.......Before trump.

Since trump, it is Lying, Cheating, Blaming other for what we do.
You RWI's are truly idiots.
How do you continue to support this Con Man?
It must be lonely running around in that empty maze in your head. Please expand on your ability to see alternatives. I am not here to educate you.

And why would you.............I pay for my goods and showed you the fucking receipt.........What is the problem.

That has been my point from early on..........As one poster said they have the right to throw down on you IF THEY SUSPECT YOU OF STEALING.

Saying I'm a thief for no reason.........and grab me..........Yeah i'll knock you the fuck out.
No you won't. You're an internet pussy.

No you won't. You're an internet pussy.
Whatever.......just never try to call me a thief and we will not have to find out.........

Cool with me.........You are jumping in on a conversation that you weren't in............Someone said they have the right to detain you by force IF THEY THINK YOU ARE STEALING.

I responded with FUCK THAT.............Now you are just butting in because trolls gotta troll.

I doubt you are in the minority.

I prefer it to as long as I do not have to much crap - there are advantages to a checker if you have an entire cart.

Though, I honestly prefer just to have it delivered. Cheaper, faster and overall FAR superior than wasting my time in the store. I do not want to walk by all your advertisements and cleverly placed sugary crap you make me wade through to find the 5 items I want. Ill just check the shit off my list and have it show up at my door.
I have had stuff delivered before. The only issue I have with it is that they to tend pawn off the dented cans and crushed boxes to you when they deliver stuff. My OCD doesn’t like that.🙂

Last edited:
Whatever.......just never try to call me a thief and we will not have to find out.........

Cool with me.........You are jumping in on a conversation that you weren't in............Someone said they have the right to detain you by force IF THEY THINK YOU ARE STEALING.

I responded with FUCK THAT.............Now you are just butting in because trolls gotta troll.
Well yea. Because you're talking about bowling up on a grandma or teenager. You are truly a man's man.

I won't use the automated checkouts.

Several local stores are pushing them hard.

When the one or two registers of the normal sort have lines that are too long I abandon the basket and try the store across the street or just order from Amazon. They DO save a little but putting the contents of the basket back on the shelves doesn't come cheap. If more people did that there'd be more proper checkouts.

Side-effect: Noticed in stocking up to head off Xiden-empty shelves there are many products available on Amazon and other on-line sources at prices considerably lower than in stores and they are delivered right to the door without additional "fees"

The times they be a-changing

Forum List

Back