Walmart gets political

There's a reason Walmart and the big companies have been allowed to remain open while thousands of small businesses have been shut down. It's becoming quite clear.

Mom and pop stores are still open. Has to do with the type of business, not whether its a big box store or not.
but the mom and pop stores are having to close because of a 15.00 min wage,,, not to mention a lot of small restaurants,,

The small mom/pop stores and restaurants are bankrupt due to covid-19 edicts, not minimum wage.
The federal minimum wage is still only $7.25.
And in states that have a more reasonable minimum wage, like $15/hr, labor is not that much of the final price on anything, so it is not hard to cover that.

There's a reason Walmart and the big companies have been allowed to remain open while thousands of small businesses have been shut down. It's becoming quite clear.

Mom and pop stores are still open. Has to do with the type of business, not whether its a big box store or not.
but the mom and pop stores are having to close because of a 15.00 min wage,,, not to mention a lot of small restaurants,,

The small mom/pop stores and restaurants are bankrupt due to covid-19 edicts, not minimum wage.
The federal minimum wage is still only $7.25.
And in states that have a more reasonable minimum wage, like $15/hr, labor is not that much of the final price on anything, so it is not hard to cover that.
1st I am talking before covid not after,,

since when is labor not much of the final price??? most cases with small business labor is the biggest part of the budget,,

Where?
all over the country,,, up until covid hit there were several reports on it and many concerns that it will get worse as more states imposed it,,,

All over the country? How many locales have a $15 minimum wage?
I was speaking of wheres it being implemented,,

Yeah, where?

I could go on ,, there are hundreds of stories about the subject

There's no right to do business. If a business can't remain solvent while paying a decent wage, then it needs to close.
leninsmile4pv.jpg

I can't stand Wally World....Just look at them since this Covid scam started. Their shelves look like some third world country, half empty...And what they do have is the absolute cheepest shit known to man, pure junk....Almost a full year after this virus started, and they can't get their supply chain shit together? What a bunch of shit...And now they want to insult half of the country? Screw them...

Stores are influenced by local governments also. Get on the bad side of the powerful who work for government as police/corrections/etc., they will put you in your place and worse. And then 2020 happened. And they became so reduced to protect their salaries and pensions. The damage has been done over the decades. Only cutting the pensions and benefits for retirees will heal us. For there will be no massive increase in Gross National Product to save us. And some of the people will be minorities who lose out.

Josh allows Wal Mart to use slave labor?

He doesn't support a decent minimum wage so I guess so.
Minimum wage jobs are for children seeking work experience...they are not intended for 35 year old Guadalupe raising a litter of silver tooth anchor babies.
You should have thought about that before you started recruiting ALL of Mexico’s most desperate.

type of business
What difference should "type of business" have to do with anything? If Walmart is allowed to stay open for business, every business should be allowed open.

Why? Restaurants are more likely to spread the virus as are other close contact stores like hair salons. My point being that local businesses aren't being singled out.
..there was a thread with a link that showed supermarkets spread it more than restaurants
which is it?

Yes I was in that thread and not a single person presented evidence that supermarkets were spreading the virus more so than high risk businesses like pubs and restaurants. What these studies point out is that people who have COVID were more likely to have been in a super market than a bar. But that's because more people have been to a super market than a bar in general.

Based on your logic you could just as easily come to the conclusion that more people who have not gotten COVID have been to a super market than to a bar therefore super markets are safe.

It's god awful logic and a perfect example of correlation not equaling causation.
??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hahahhahahahahahah--I posted a link on it in the post you just responded to!!!!!!!!!
hahahahahhahahahahahaha

type of business
What difference should "type of business" have to do with anything? If Walmart is allowed to stay open for business, every business should be allowed open.

Why? Restaurants are more likely to spread the virus as are other close contact stores like hair salons. My point being that local businesses aren't being singled out.
Myth

Cite your evidence for such claims please

Where?
all over the country,,, up until covid hit there were several reports on it and many concerns that it will get worse as more states imposed it,,,

Yeah, where?

There's no right to do business. If a business can't remain solvent while paying a decent wage, then it needs to close.
whats a decent wage???

and yes you have a right to do business in this country,, not sure what your country allows,,,

Where is the constitution does it say that you have the right to do business?

Businesses have to be licensed. That means doing business is a privilege, not a right.
where does it forbid it???

but you can look to the 1st or 2nd amendments for starters

and no they dont have to be licensed,,

You are really, really silly!

Nothing in the 1st or 2nd amendments say that anyone has a right to do business:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. "

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

You hallucinate!!!

The Constitution does not forbid doing business, but it definitely does not say that anyone has a right to do business.

Where?

Yeah, where?

whats a decent wage???

and yes you have a right to do business in this country,, not sure what your country allows,,,

Businesses have to be licensed. That means doing business is a privilege, not a right.

Nothing in the 1st or 2nd amendments say that anyone has a right to do business:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances. "

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

You hallucinate!!!

The Constitution does not forbid doing business, but it definitely does not say that anyone has a right to do business.
the first says we have a right of assembly,, it doesnt say why or how many and the second says I can shoot you if you try to stop me,,,

anymore stupid questions???

Where?

Yeah, where?

whats a decent wage???

I vote this dumbest innerweb post since 1776.

Once again - show us where the Constitution says that people have the right to do business.

Otherwise, STFU!!!

Where?

Yeah, where?

whats a decent wage???

I vote this dumbest innerweb post since 1776.

Once again - show us where the Constitution says that people have the right to do business.

Otherwise, STFU!!!
I just did,, not my fault you dismiss it,,,

now you STFU..

Where?

Yeah, where?

whats a decent wage???

You hallucinate!!!

the first says we have a right of assembly,, it doesnt say why or how many and the second says I can shoot you if you try to stop me,,,

You have the right for PEACEFUL assembly - and only for the purpose "to petition the Government for a redress of grievances".

You do not have the right to shoot anyone, except in self defense, so no, you can not shoot anyone that tries to stop you.

Do you even know what the word "peaceably" means?

Are you really that stupid?

None of what you said shows any right to do business. Your deflection FAILS!

Where?

Yeah, where?

whats a decent wage???

You hallucinate!!!

You have the right for PEACEFUL assembly - and only for the purpose "to petition the Government for a redress of grievances".

You do not have the right to shoot anyone, except in self defense, so no, you can not shoot anyone that tries to stop you.

George Washington was such an asshole!

Where?

Yeah, where?

whats a decent wage???

You hallucinate!!!

thats not what it says,,, thats a separate statement in the 1st,, there are a total of 5 separate rights in the 1st,, SEPARATE,,

its self defense if you try and stop me from providing an existence for me and my family,,,

you havent shown where I need permission to do it,, so checkmate,,,

Where?

Yeah, where?

whats a decent wage???

You hallucinate!!!

Huh?

You just get weirder and weirder...

Where?

Yeah, where?

whats a decent wage???

You hallucinate!!!

Huh?

You just get weirder and weirder...
IF YOU CONSIDER THE 1ST A weird,,,

all youve done is told me I'm wrong,, you havent shown me i'm wrong,,

Forum List

Back