Walmart pays workers poorly and sinks.Costco pays workers well and sails

Tax rates were considerably higher in the '60's than now. In the 60's the marginal rate on the lowest income earners ($0 to $4,000) was 20% and 91% if you made over $400,000 (married filing jointly).

replace the word dot with a . in the following URL

www dot businessinsider dot com/history-of-tax-rates?op=1
I wasn't talking about the federal marginal rate, but about the regressive taxes (sales and FICA) that are, in many cases, exponentially higher today than the were in the '60s.

Please try reading for comprehension....It'll really punch up your communication skills.

Their are no federal sales taxes. I don't pay any sales taxes in DE. FICA taxes in the 1960's were about where they are today. 7.25%.
Oh ferchrissakes, are you over your head.

FICA was maxed at 6.9% total (including the fake "employer contribution") in 1969....If you're going to play the phony "employer pays half" game, the pay stub FICA tax was 3.4%.
FICA & SECA Tax Rates

There wasn't even a Medicare tax then.

That sales taxes aren't federal is completely beside the point.

sit-in-the-corner-dumbass.jpg

Last edited:
Piss off, chump.

There are millions upon millions of jobs in America that don't pay any better than Wally World, but they still are the singular object of the irrational hatred of pinheads like you.

Grow the hell up.

Yes, millions of low pay, no benefit jobs you are supplementing with your tax dollars for the benefit of the employers, then you are buying their stuff. These cons are real slow to understand how they get screwed. LMAO!!:cuckoo:
Wow...You really are one stupid sumbitch.

What about the low-paying no-benefit jobs of Target and K-Mart employees?

How about McDonald's, Wendy's and Taco Bell?...Hell, name the fast food joint.

Like I said....Millions upon millions of low wage entry-level jobs in the country, all of which could be claimed to be "subsidized" like Wal-Mart, yet the singular focus of evil on the planet for ignorant, myopic, sniveling little sacks of shit like you is.....Wal-Mart.

Grow.....the .....fuck.....up.

Fast food joints are franchises. We're not privy to their entry-level wages nor are they generally employees of the corporation (McDonalds, Taco Bell, etc).

And wal-mart is... Well... The Wal-mart of retail.

Didn't you just earlier today make a post about what an obscene amount of money Walmart makes? And now you say they are failing?

The Walmart CEO's are only rich because they work their employees into the ground and reap the benefits.

Yes, millions of low pay, no benefit jobs you are supplementing with your tax dollars for the benefit of the employers, then you are buying their stuff. These cons are real slow to understand how they get screwed. LMAO!!:cuckoo:

Like I said....Millions upon millions of low wage entry-level jobs in the country, all of which could be claimed to be "subsidized" like Wal-Mart, yet the singular focus of evil on the planet for ignorant, myopic, sniveling little sacks of shit like you is.....Wal-Mart.

Fast food joints are franchises. We're not privy to their entry-level wages nor are they generally employees of the corporation (McDonalds, Taco Bell, etc).

You are in contention for the dumbest f*cking post I've seen today.

Didn't you just earlier today make a post about what an obscene amount of money Walmart makes? And now you say they are failing?

The Walmart CEO's are only rich because they work their employees into the ground and reap the benefits.

The CEO's are rich because the company works and is profitable. Has nothing to do with how much they pay the janitor.

You are in contention for the dumbest f*cking post I've seen today.

Suck a railroad spike, hack.

Oh, and have a great day. :)

The CEO's are rich because the company works and is profitable. Has nothing to do with how much they pay the janitor.

They sell cheap shit.

Thank you, Miss South Carolina. :lol:

Mmm-hmm... And I'm wrong because...

Because... :confused:

Are you suggesting that when a company pays shitty wages, they are not referred to as "the Wal-mart of [insert industry]"?

Last edited:

Are you suggesting that when a company pays shitty wages, they are not referred to as "the Wal-mart of [insert industry]"?
You're wrong because a lot of fast food joints (McDonald's, Taco Bell, etcetera) are company stores, not franchises.

And you're also wrong in claiming that they're not subject to local prevailing wage pressures, no matter where they are located....For example, the burger-flipper flipping burgers at the McDonald's in Vail, Colorado, makes more then the one in Pascogula, Mississippi.

Congratulations, Miss South Carolina.

Last edited:
I don't shop anywhere I have to pay just to walk in the doors. I can't speak for the rest of the country but the walmarts in my area don't have unstocked shelves.

You're wrong because a lot of fast food joints (McDonald's, Taco Bell, etcetera) are company stores, not franchises.

Around 15% of Mac's, according to Wiki anyway, which is actually higher than I realized.

And you're also wrong in claiming that they're not subject to local prevailing wage pressures, no matter where they are located....For example, the burger-flipper flipping burgers at the McDonald's in Vail, Colorado, makes more then the one in Pascogula, Mississippi.

I made that claim where? :confused:

Congratulations, Miss South Carolina.

Whatever.

Around 15% of Mac's, according to Wiki anyway, which is actually higher than I realized.
There's a lot you don't realize.

It is stupid to compare them. Forbes has really turned into a crap magazine.

What has Forbes to do with that?

people here were comparing costco and walmart, but, probably, were thinking about sam's club( which is a part of the Walton's stores), which is comparable with costco - it is also a warehouse.
products are similar, costs, too.
one chooses just the closer to home location.

this is merely an opinion hit piece against walmart and sam's club because they won't go union.

It's the author's opinion that it's the wage being paid.

And in the article they are all over walmart and barely mention Sam's Club.

And it's Forbes fault because they let this idiot write a fluff opinion piece and try to pass it off as fact to push an agenda.

Unions.

It's not hard to figure out. The D.C. politicians shoot themselves in the foot by trying to play a little fascist game of regulating private businesses and the left wing blogs issue a ton of talking points to their ignorant minions about evil corporations.

Forum List

Back