Walmart: Retail Giant Falling Into Terminal Decline...

Yeah, I don't think Walmart carries very many if any products made in America. If they did that, they would have to raise their prices. This is a problem that really needs to be fixed. What's the solution? :dunno:

Most American manufacturing jobs were outsourced decades ago. Can't put that genie back in the bottle.

But I wonder what percentage of goods sold at Costco are not made in America?

That's why I like buying my tools and stuff from Grainger, it tells you country of origin, was going to buy a Milwaukee drill but it was made overseas so I bought a Makita instead..manufactured in Gerorgia.

I have to remember to make it a point to check the labels of where things are made. I never do that. I just see something I like and buy.

Yeah, I don't think Walmart carries very many if any products made in America. If they did that, they would have to raise their prices. This is a problem that really needs to be fixed. What's the solution? :dunno:

Most American manufacturing jobs were outsourced decades ago. Can't put that genie back in the bottle.

That's why I like buying my tools and stuff from Grainger, it tells you country of origin, was going to buy a Milwaukee drill but it was made overseas so I bought a Makita instead..manufactured in Gerorgia.
You don't mind the fact Makita is Japanese though? In for a penny...

There is a definite difference in quality when I buy, say a shirt, at the mall than when I buy one at Walmart. Within a few months and after multiple washings, a lot of times Walmart item is falling apart, faded, etc. I can have shirts that I've bought from the mall for years, but I pay a lot more for the shirt at the mall.

We don't really manufacture much here in America anymore, unfortunately. We've outsourced all that, and that is the fault of our crappy government.

You don't mind the fact Makita is Japanese though? In for a penny...

Its made in Georgia with American workers, why would I want to buy a Milwaukee drill made by foreign workers?

Also how come Makita can be profitable in the states but Milwaukee can not?

I don't buy clothes at Walmart. I buy things like paper towels that are the same everywhere, dairy products and some produce.
Dairy and produce, because the turnover is quick and it's all fresh.
I'd never buy meat there.
Now, if I want a big ticket item, like a big flat screen, I'll shop by model number. If I find a model number exclusive to Walmart, I'll likely buy elsewhere, because Vizio or whoever has cut corners to meet what Walmart wants to pay.
If Best Buy and Walmart have the same number, I can assume the Walmart price will be better.

I don't buy clothes at Walmart. I buy things like paper towels that are the same everywhere, dairy products and some produce.
Dairy and produce, because the turnover is quick and it's all fresh.
I'd never buy meat there.
Now, if I want a big ticket item, like a big flat screen, I'll shop by model number. If I find a model number exclusive to Walmart, I'll likely buy elsewhere, because Vizio or whoever has cut corners to meet what Walmart wants to pay.
If Best Buy and Walmart have the same number, I can assume the Walmart price will be better.

I go to Best Buy for that stuff because I feel like it might be better quality than Walmart, but probably not!

Probably not a lot of difference. Best Buy wants to sell cheap product too. You need to pay attention to model numbers. With a lot of products, high volume stores will have a unique model number

I'd be sad if they paid their employees a living wage so the taxpayers were not subsidizing their operations and didn't rape local communities of much needed tax income. Maybe if they made an effort to buy American.

As it is.......nope.
Walmart is paying 10 dollars an hour now and goes to 11 next year. Just how much should a cart pusher make idiot?
$20 per hour

According to the left wing and their pro union thugs

I'd be sad if they paid their employees a living wage so the taxpayers were not subsidizing their operations and didn't rape local communities of much needed tax income. Maybe if they made an effort to buy American.

As it is.......nope.
Define "living wage"..

As it is.......nope.
Walmart is paying 10 dollars an hour now and goes to 11 next year. Just how much should a cart pusher make idiot?

Enough to survive on. What do you think a survivable wage is in today's America?
depends on where they live, with whom they live with. And how responsible they are with their money/
Look, entry level unskilled labor is not meant to generate the kind of income for raising children, putting one's self through college, owning such luxury items as smartphones, going out to eat three times a week

As it is.......nope.

Enough to survive on. What do you think a survivable wage is in today's America?
Entry level jobs are NOT life building or family building jobs and never were intended to be.

Well they are now.
WHAT?!!!! Are you nuts?
Since when?....Because you say so?

As it is.......nope.

No, damn it! A cart pusher should not make enough to survive on. He should make enough so that he can buy a soda and a CD now and then, and maybe buy his own lunch in the high school cafeteria.
He should not be trying to support himself, let alone a family on a minimum wage job.
He should be learning to get to work on time, to follow directions and obey the rules of the business he works for, while enhancing his skill set so he can earn a living and maybe raise a family.

:laugh: Boy are you living in the Dark Ages. Times have changed. Half of America will soon be working low-skilled entry-level jobs. If Businesses won't pay em, Taxpayers will have to.
Just a minute. If as you claim fewer Americans will be working low level jobs, whose fault is that?
Is it not incumbent upon each of us to do what we must to improve our skills and our value to our employer?
How in the hell did a so called living wage ever become an entitlement?
You do realize that artificial and arbitrary increases in pay must be absorbed by the marketplace in a way the marketplace sees fit, don't you?
And you do realize the money has to come from somewhere, do you not?

It is none of my business, but this seems to "represent" where America is going economically rather than this 1 issue.

I will be shopping at Walmart tomorrow. Need half a dozen things...and rather than go to four stores, I'll get it all at WM.

As it is.......nope.
$20 per hour

Apparently the chart was too complicated for you to understand, so here's a picture for you:

252226_519450591399257_2074529576_n.png

In case you're too dim to figure it out, that's the CEO, not a union organizer. Your script is so 1930s...

Now make fun of his mustache or something. That's about your speed.

As it is.......nope.
$20 per hour

Apparently the chart was too complicated for you to understand, so here's a picture for you:

252226_519450591399257_2074529576_n.png

In case you're too dim to figure it out, that's the CEO, not a union organizer. Your script is so 1930s...

Now make fun of his mustache or something. That's about your speed.
The man is free to pay his employees as much as he wants. The fact that he does, make a Walmart employee worth not one penny more.

Forum List

Back