Walmart: The Friend Of The Poor

2. Progressives are joined at the hip with labor unions, and that's the basis for minimum wage laws. Not to relieve poverty.

Damn them policemen and firemen..

"Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends."
Monty Brogan, drug dealer in "25th hour"

Walmart gets champagne....Progressives, the pain.

Of course, we should begin with the use of the term 'friend.'
In the most general definition, one who is not hostile, or at least, doesn't harm you.
Soooo....how can Progressives and unions be considered as 'friends' to the poor?

1. Progressives/Liberals pretend to be friends of the poor, but data tells a different tale. Over half a century ago, Progressives launched their 'War on Poverty," and have blown $ trillion a year to wind up with almost the very same % in poverty today.
"Throwing money at the problem has neither reduced poverty nor made the poor self-sufficient."

Scribd
Maybe they really don't want to cure poverty, huh?

2. Progressives are joined at the hip with labor unions, and that's the basis for minimum wage laws. Not to relieve poverty.

"FDR talked Congress into creating Social Security in 1935 and imposing the nation’s first comprehensive minimum-wage law in 1938. ...The minimum-wage law prices many of the inexperienced, the young, the unskilled, and the disadvantaged out of the labor market. For example, the minimum-wage provisions passed as part of another act in 1933 threw an estimated 500,000 blacks out of work."
The FEE Store

3. Soooo....who is truly the friend of the poor?

As usual, it is the free market to the rescue......if only the Progressives and the unions would allow them to help the poor.

"If budget-cutters in Washington decided to eliminate food-stamp benefits to New Yorkers, the city’s politicians would be denouncing the cruelty of the “Republican war on the poor.” Yet Mayor Bill De Blasio and the city council are already inflicting the same sort of pain on low-income New Yorkers by denying them access to one of the nation’s most effective anti-poverty programs: Walmart."
For Profit, Anti-Poverty

Here in NYC, the 'Hammer and Sickle' crew, called 'city government,' will not allow Walmart to set up shop!
New Yorkers must journey out to the suburbs to find the two or three Walmarts that are close to the Big Apple.

The Leftist would have been better for the poor if they followed Michael Corleone's advice:
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

More on Walmart's real friendship for the poor..... in a moment...
This is the dumbest thread of your's so far. Wal Mart is NO friends of the poor they KEEP their workers poor. They tried heading off the fight for 15$ by upping their wage a little bit but not enough. I despise their stores and despise EVER going in one.

Your threads are all the same with different themes. Boring.
Then what attracts you to them?

????
Lots of people insult my threads and I don't consider them "attracted" to them.
Suggestion:. comprehend more; get insulted less.

You mean become a right wing idiot like yourself? That way I will get praise from your fellow bubble-dwellers? Ha!
No, Snowflake, you may remain a left-wing idiot. In fact, I would prefer that.

In the most general definition, one who is not hostile, or at least, doesn't harm you.
Soooo....how can Progressives and unions be considered as 'friends' to the poor?

1. Progressives/Liberals pretend to be friends of the poor, but data tells a different tale. Over half a century ago, Progressives launched their 'War on Poverty," and have blown $ trillion a year to wind up with almost the very same % in poverty today.
"Throwing money at the problem has neither reduced poverty nor made the poor self-sufficient."

Scribd

"FDR talked Congress into creating Social Security in 1935 and imposing the nation’s first comprehensive minimum-wage law in 1938. ...The minimum-wage law prices many of the inexperienced, the young, the unskilled, and the disadvantaged out of the labor market. For example, the minimum-wage provisions passed as part of another act in 1933 threw an estimated 500,000 blacks out of work."
The FEE Store

As usual, it is the free market to the rescue......if only the Progressives and the unions would allow them to help the poor.

"If budget-cutters in Washington decided to eliminate food-stamp benefits to New Yorkers, the city’s politicians would be denouncing the cruelty of the “Republican war on the poor.” Yet Mayor Bill De Blasio and the city council are already inflicting the same sort of pain on low-income New Yorkers by denying them access to one of the nation’s most effective anti-poverty programs: Walmart."
For Profit, Anti-Poverty

Here in NYC, the 'Hammer and Sickle' crew, called 'city government,' will not allow Walmart to set up shop!
New Yorkers must journey out to the suburbs to find the two or three Walmarts that are close to the Big Apple.

The Leftist would have been better for the poor if they followed Michael Corleone's advice:

The real poverty rate is 4% thanks to the war on poverty.
No lie is too big for you is it?

Actually, I was a bit high:

America's Real Poverty Rate Is Around And About Zero

Since the average Walmart super center employees 350, that is 350 jobs denied along with less expensive goods for 4000 or more per day. Way to go NYC!

So, do all of them attend the Walmart classes on how to apply for food stamps?

Why should tax payers subsidize Walmart?

Wow!!!

You really put your foot in your mouth now, dope.....by mentioning 'food stamps'!

4. Former Mayor, Little Mikey "Bloomberg supported Walmart’s efforts to open a store in New York, but the company faced unremitting resistance from unions and elected officials, and it gave up the fight once de Blasio moved into Gracie Mansion. "

5. What is the evident benefit of a Walmarts?

"Walmart’s benefits are obvious to shoppers and to economists like Jason Furman, who served in the Clinton administration and was chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers under President Obama. In a paper, “Walmart: A Progressive Success Story,” Furman cited estimates that Walmart, by driving down prices, saved the typical American family more than $2,300 annually. That was about the same amount that a family on food stamps then received from the federal government." For Profit, Anti-Poverty

Did you get that???

"Walmart, by driving down prices, saved the typical American family more than $2,300 annually. That was about the same amount that a family on food stamps then received from the federal government."

Does that figure sound familiar?

"Obama Promised Healthcare Premiums Would Fall $2,500 Per Family; They Have Climbed $4,865"
Obama Promised Healthcare Premiums Would Fall $2,500 Per Family; They Have Climbed $4,865 | Zero Hedge

Liberals/Progressives/Democrats

Then why is Wal Mart meat higher than the meat at the Super Mercado run by small business owners?
Because Wal-Mart shoppers don't like to bend down to pick up merchandise?
I am sure you have some way of getting the top shelf items when you slither through the store..

But you're not a bigot or anything....

Predictable as sunrise.....

Regressive liberal gas bag tactics.

1. Demand a link or an explanation of the truth they are objecting to.

2. Promptly reject all explanations as right wing lies.

3. Ignore any facts presented.

4. Ridicule spelling and typos, punctuation.

5. Attack the person as being juvenile, ie: "are you 12 years old", question their education, intelligence.

6. Employ misdirection,

6a. smear people

6b. attack religion

7. Lie, make false assumptions

8. Play race/gender card

9. Play gay/lesbian card

10. Play the Nazi/Fascist/Bigot card

11. Make up stuff

12. Deny constantly

13. Reword and repeat

14. Pretending not to understand when they have been posting about it for days.

15. When losing, resort to personal attacks.

Scribd

The FEE Store

For Profit, Anti-Poverty

Will this be the biggest lie you post today?

Scribd

The FEE Store

For Profit, Anti-Poverty

Will this be the biggest lie you post today?

It's not a lie.

Your threads are all the same with different themes. Boring.
Then what attracts you to them?

????
Lots of people insult my threads and I don't consider them "attracted" to them.
Suggestion:. comprehend more; get insulted less.

You mean become a right wing idiot like yourself? That way I will get praise from your fellow bubble-dwellers? Ha!

You should grow a pair, and stop being afraid of confronting the propaganda.

Really.

You might actually feel good about yourself ......some day.

Scribd

The FEE Store

For Profit, Anti-Poverty

This is the dumbest thread of your's so far. Wal Mart is NO friends of the poor they KEEP their workers poor. They tried heading off the fight for 15$ by upping their wage a little bit but not enough. I despise their stores and despise EVER going in one.
The way that they lie and keep your hours low is enough to frustrate any worker.I lasted 7 months in a warehouse, and had to sign a paper to claim I would never have any form of representation from unions while working and in exchange we would get 40 hours, 6 months later hours were cut to 20, so I found another job that would work me 40 minimum..This was in 1987, when Sam was alive, he did split the stock which helped but still had a way of screwing with your hours, and firing management if they build houses that looked too expensive...I lived in Rogers, Ar.. right next to Bentonville, their hometown...

Predictable as sunrise.....

Regressive liberal gas bag tactics.

1. Demand a link or an explanation of the truth they are objecting to.

And? If you claim something to be true but offer nothing to support your claim, you think it's inappropriate to 'demand' you back up your claim?

I can see why RWnuts would like that idea.

That is one of the most ridiculous lies the left ever came up. Lol
New research indicates Walmart Supercenters benefit communities

Need to find some new ones. That one has grown stale.
Since the average Walmart super center employees 350, that is 350 jobs denied along with less expensive goods for 4000 or more per day. Way to go NYC!

Scribd

The FEE Store

For Profit, Anti-Poverty

Exactly the sort of propaganda you should resist.

Not only does Walmart put the equivalent of $2300 in the pockets of the poor....but they help their employees become ...

....get ready for it....

...WEALTHY!!!!

"Wal-Mart matches employee stock purchases by 15% on the first $1,800 worth of shares bought each year. If you work at the company and write a check to buy $1,800 worth of the stock, the company is going to give you another $270 to buy shares completely free. That results in an automatic 15% return before you’ve collected your first dividend. On top of that, the company matches 100% on the first 6% of salary contributed to a 401(k) plan.

.....they’d retire with nearly $4.9 million in their investment account at average long-term rates of return. If inflation runs the same rate it did during the past century, that would be around $1.7 million in today’s dollars, which would generate $5,700 per month pre-tax without every touching the principal."
http://www.joshuakennon.com/retirem...lmart-could-retire-and-live-very-comfortably/

In your face...booyyyyyeeeeee!!!!!!

Scribd

The FEE Store

For Profit, Anti-Poverty

Not only does Walmart put the equivalent of $2300 in the pockets of the poor....but they help their employees become ...

....get ready for it....

...WEALTHY!!!!

"Wal-Mart matches employee stock purchases by 15% on the first $1,800 worth of shares bought each year. If you work at the company and write a check to buy $1,800 worth of the stock, the company is going to give you another $270 to buy shares completely free. That results in an automatic 15% return before you’ve collected your first dividend. On top of that, the company matches 100% on the first 6% of salary contributed to a 401(k) plan.

.....they’d retire with nearly $4.9 million in their investment account at average long-term rates of return. If inflation runs the same rate it did during the past century, that would be around $1.7 million in today’s dollars, which would generate $5,700 per month pre-tax without every touching the principal."
http://www.joshuakennon.com/retirem...lmart-could-retire-and-live-very-comfortably/

Report: Walmart Workers Cost Taxpayers $6.2 Billion In Public Assistance
Walmart Wages Are the Main Reason People Depend on Food Stamps

That is one of the most ridiculous lies the left ever came up. Lol
New research indicates Walmart Supercenters benefit communities

Need to find some new ones. That one has grown stale.

That's funny, 'cause Mom and Pop operations don't like Wal Mart opening down the street from them...

Wow!!!

You really put your foot in your mouth now, dope.....by mentioning 'food stamps'!

4. Former Mayor, Little Mikey "Bloomberg supported Walmart’s efforts to open a store in New York, but the company faced unremitting resistance from unions and elected officials, and it gave up the fight once de Blasio moved into Gracie Mansion. "

"Walmart’s benefits are obvious to shoppers and to economists like Jason Furman, who served in the Clinton administration and was chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers under President Obama. In a paper, “Walmart: A Progressive Success Story,” Furman cited estimates that Walmart, by driving down prices, saved the typical American family more than $2,300 annually. That was about the same amount that a family on food stamps then received from the federal government." For Profit, Anti-Poverty

Did you get that???

"Walmart, by driving down prices, saved the typical American family more than $2,300 annually. That was about the same amount that a family on food stamps then received from the federal government."

"Obama Promised Healthcare Premiums Would Fall $2,500 Per Family; They Have Climbed $4,865"
Obama Promised Healthcare Premiums Would Fall $2,500 Per Family; They Have Climbed $4,865 | Zero Hedge

Then why is Wal Mart meat higher than the meat at the Super Mercado?
Better quality meat is more expensive than the goat meat in a mexican store.

He's worse he's a Texican..They don't like sirloin cut in a butcher shop..Makes 'em queasy..

Scribd

The FEE Store

For Profit, Anti-Poverty

....get ready for it....

...WEALTHY!!!!

Report: Walmart Workers Cost Taxpayers $6.2 Billion In Public Assistance
Walmart Wages Are the Main Reason People Depend on Food Stamps

You set 'em up, I'll knock 'em down!!!!

From Forbes:

"So, yes, the staff at WalMart do get that $6.2 billion in aid (let’s not quibble about the way they’ve calculated the figure). But now we’ve got to try and work out whether it’s a subsidy to WalMart or not? In order to do this think of if WalMart did not exist. Would those people still be getting $6.2 billion in aid? They would be, as the unemployed, getting Medicaid, school lunches, breakfast, Section 8 vouchers and so on. So, it’s not a subsidy to WalMart at all as the existence or not of WalMart doesn’t change the amount paid.

Actually, we can go further, these people would be getting more taxpayer money if WalMart didn’t exist. So the existence of WalMart reduces, not increases the amount of taxpayer money that has to be spent.

On net this all works out as a cost to WalMart, not a benefit. For that amount paid as a subsidy to the company via the EITC is very much smaller than the amounts lost as a result of that reservation wage rising. This must be so because the amount spent on the EITC is very much smaller than the amounts spent on all of the other programs."
Fantastical Nonsense About WalMart, The Waltons And $7.8 Billion In Tax Breaks

Here's the larger difference, you dunce: if the same folks relied on government welfare:
From Peter Ferrara, “America’s Ticking Bankruptcy Bomb,” chapter five.

1. The road to hell is paved with good intentions. Such should be the epitaph of Liberalism.
  2. ‘Welfare’ as a wholly owned subsidiary of the government, and its main result is the incentivizing of a disrespect for oneself, and for the entity that provides the welfare. As more folks in a poor neighborhood languish with little or no work, entire local culture begins to change: daily work is no longer the expected social norm. Extended periods of hanging around the neighborhood, neither working nor going to school becoming more and more socially acceptable.
    1. Since productive activity not making any economic sense because of the work disincentives of the welfare plantation, other kinds of activities proliferate: drug and alcohol abuse, crime, recreational sex, illegitimacy, and family breakup are the new social norms, as does the culture of violence.
Grow a brain, you moron.

Bomb North Korea and Wal-Mart ceases to exist.

Assume your dumb comment is true: would that be an advantage for the poor or a disadvantage?

That is the basis of my thesis today, you dope.

In that case, you must agree that drumpf should end the hundreds of thousands of jobs he created, right? Are you aware that he is signing one of his Romper Room Show and Tell exec orders that will supposedly make his own hiring and manufacturing practices illegal? Same with his son's hiring of illegals and foreigners.

eFoodAlert.com: USDA Releases Retail Distribution List for Nicaraguan Meat
Oct 29, 2008 - Supermercado Dorabel, Calle 1 #266, Urb. Vives, ... Supermercado Umbo, San Patricio Ave., Centro ...

https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/wcm/c...&CACHEID=d7ce461e-a39d-4c66-b0f3-dc516bca0c70
Aug 8, 2014 - ... list of retail stores, to check meat or poultry products in your possession to see if they have been recalled. (Store list begins on page 2.) ..... 253 Supermercado Mi Tierra. 9520 International Blvd. Oakland .
https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/wcm/c...d08cf/RC-001-2015-Retail-List.pdf?MOD=AJPERES
001-2015-release, in addition to this list of retail stores, to check meat or poultry products in your possession to see if they have been recalled. (Store list begins on ... 15 Supermercado Gigante. 7610 Office City Ste B.

Wow!!!

Did you get that???

Then why is Wal Mart meat higher than the meat at the Super Mercado run by small business owners?

Bomb North Korea and Wal-Mart ceases to exist.

Assume your dumb comment is true: would that be an advantage for the poor or a disadvantage?

That is the basis of my thesis today, you dope.

In that case, you must agree that drumpf should end the hundreds of thousands of jobs he created, right? Are you aware that he is signing one of his Romper Room Show and Tell exec orders that will supposedly make his own hiring and manufacturing practices illegal? Same with his son's hiring of illegals and foreigners.

Sooo.....you'd like to change the subject?

That means I win....again....huh?

Forum List

Back