Walmart: The Friend Of The Poor

"Champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends."
Monty Brogan, drug dealer in "25th hour"

Walmart gets champagne....Progressives, the pain.

Of course, we should begin with the use of the term 'friend.'
In the most general definition, one who is not hostile, or at least, doesn't harm you.
Soooo....how can Progressives and unions be considered as 'friends' to the poor?

1. Progressives/Liberals pretend to be friends of the poor, but data tells a different tale. Over half a century ago, Progressives launched their 'War on Poverty," and have blown $ trillion a year to wind up with almost the very same % in poverty today.
"Throwing money at the problem has neither reduced poverty nor made the poor self-sufficient."

Scribd
Maybe they really don't want to cure poverty, huh?

2. Progressives are joined at the hip with labor unions, and that's the basis for minimum wage laws. Not to relieve poverty.

"FDR talked Congress into creating Social Security in 1935 and imposing the nation’s first comprehensive minimum-wage law in 1938. ...The minimum-wage law prices many of the inexperienced, the young, the unskilled, and the disadvantaged out of the labor market. For example, the minimum-wage provisions passed as part of another act in 1933 threw an estimated 500,000 blacks out of work."
The FEE Store

3. Soooo....who is truly the friend of the poor?

As usual, it is the free market to the rescue......if only the Progressives and the unions would allow them to help the poor.

"If budget-cutters in Washington decided to eliminate food-stamp benefits to New Yorkers, the city’s politicians would be denouncing the cruelty of the “Republican war on the poor.” Yet Mayor Bill De Blasio and the city council are already inflicting the same sort of pain on low-income New Yorkers by denying them access to one of the nation’s most effective anti-poverty programs: Walmart."
For Profit, Anti-Poverty

Here in NYC, the 'Hammer and Sickle' crew, called 'city government,' will not allow Walmart to set up shop!
New Yorkers must journey out to the suburbs to find the two or three Walmarts that are close to the Big Apple.

The Leftist would have been better for the poor if they followed Michael Corleone's advice:
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer."

More on Walmart's real friendship for the poor..... in a moment...
More unsettling is that liberal directives like this are a hindrance to commerce.

Well, wegie....I don't know if it's 'more unsettling' than consciously and purposely planning to keep huge swaths of folks poor, but I admit it is unsettling.

There certainly is a meanness in Leftists.....a cruelty.

Ooooh poor baby. Try posting your drivel someplace besides a right wing bubble if you think this is mean.

Here's a plan: why don't you try to dispute anything I post?

I 'll win the argument, and you'll gain an education: a win-win!

I have tried to debate PC on several occasions. She wont touch it. When you try to get her to actually think, she shuts down. That's why all she does is insults and copy/paste.
Its really pathetic. Whats more pathetic is, how people eat out of her hand for being so pathetic.

In the most general definition, one who is not hostile, or at least, doesn't harm you.
Soooo....how can Progressives and unions be considered as 'friends' to the poor?

1. Progressives/Liberals pretend to be friends of the poor, but data tells a different tale. Over half a century ago, Progressives launched their 'War on Poverty," and have blown $ trillion a year to wind up with almost the very same % in poverty today.
"Throwing money at the problem has neither reduced poverty nor made the poor self-sufficient."

Scribd

2. Progressives are joined at the hip with labor unions, and that's the basis for minimum wage laws. Not to relieve poverty.

"FDR talked Congress into creating Social Security in 1935 and imposing the nation’s first comprehensive minimum-wage law in 1938. ...The minimum-wage law prices many of the inexperienced, the young, the unskilled, and the disadvantaged out of the labor market. For example, the minimum-wage provisions passed as part of another act in 1933 threw an estimated 500,000 blacks out of work."
The FEE Store

As usual, it is the free market to the rescue......if only the Progressives and the unions would allow them to help the poor.

"If budget-cutters in Washington decided to eliminate food-stamp benefits to New Yorkers, the city’s politicians would be denouncing the cruelty of the “Republican war on the poor.” Yet Mayor Bill De Blasio and the city council are already inflicting the same sort of pain on low-income New Yorkers by denying them access to one of the nation’s most effective anti-poverty programs: Walmart."
For Profit, Anti-Poverty

Here in NYC, the 'Hammer and Sickle' crew, called 'city government,' will not allow Walmart to set up shop!
New Yorkers must journey out to the suburbs to find the two or three Walmarts that are close to the Big Apple.

The Leftist would have been better for the poor if they followed Michael Corleone's advice:

The real poverty rate is 4% thanks to the war on poverty.

45 Million Americans Still Stuck Below Poverty Line: Census | The Huffington Post

Why do you idiot liberals just make up "facts"? Haven't you learned yet people are going to check your facts, especially when you don't provide a link to support your claims? Ignorant and arrogant is a horrible combination, but that is the standard we have come to expect from you NYCARROTHEAD. You are, and will always be, my bitch.

More than 45 million people, or 14.5 percent of all Americans, lived below the poverty line last year, the Census Bureau reported on Tuesday. The percentage of Americans in poverty fell from 15 percent in 2012, the biggest such decline since the year 2000. But the level of poverty is still higher than 12.3 percent in 2006, before the recession began. (Story continues after chart.)

Here's the problem. Try to pay attention.

When they calculate that poverty rate, they do not count the help that poor people get from the government that actually raises them out of poverty.

Put another way, they calculate the poverty rate as if the war on poverty was non-existent.

Since the average Walmart super center employees 350, that is 350 jobs denied along with less expensive goods for 4000 or more per day. Way to go NYC!

So, do all of them attend the Walmart classes on how to apply for food stamps?

Why should tax payers subsidize Walmart?

Scribd

The FEE Store

For Profit, Anti-Poverty

More unsettling is that liberal directives like this are a hindrance to commerce.

Well, wegie....I don't know if it's 'more unsettling' than consciously and purposely planning to keep huge swaths of folks poor, but I admit it is unsettling.

Ooooh poor baby. Try posting your drivel someplace besides a right wing bubble if you think this is mean.

you shut down faster than a nuclear power plant that got hit by an asteroid.
Talking like that to dumbasses like waiting for 2020 might make you feel good but decent minded people laugh at you.

Scribd

The FEE Store

For Profit, Anti-Poverty

lol, I dispute her, accurately and successfully, in every thread she puts up, and have done it for so long that she ultimately put me on ignore

because she can't cope with it.

That's what to me especially makes her arrogance so goddam funny!

Scribd

The FEE Store

For Profit, Anti-Poverty

No lie is too big for you is it?

Scribd
Maybe they really don't want to cure poverty, huh? Now, in proper lib stain form, ask me, "what have I lied about".

The FEE Store

For Profit, Anti-Poverty

lol, I dispute her, accurately and successfully, in every thread she puts up, and have done it for so long that she ultimately put me on ignore

They put you on ignore because of your never ending lying. Now, to adhere to the proper lib training, you must respond with "Show me where I lied"? or some similar canned BS.

Since the average Walmart super center employees 350, that is 350 jobs denied along with less expensive goods for 4000 or more per day. Way to go NYC!

Wow!!!

You really put your foot in your mouth now, dope.....by mentioning 'food stamps'!

4. Former Mayor, Little Mikey "Bloomberg supported Walmart’s efforts to open a store in New York, but the company faced unremitting resistance from unions and elected officials, and it gave up the fight once de Blasio moved into Gracie Mansion. "

5. What is the evident benefit of a Walmarts?

"Walmart’s benefits are obvious to shoppers and to economists like Jason Furman, who served in the Clinton administration and was chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers under President Obama. In a paper, “Walmart: A Progressive Success Story,” Furman cited estimates that Walmart, by driving down prices, saved the typical American family more than $2,300 annually. That was about the same amount that a family on food stamps then received from the federal government." For Profit, Anti-Poverty

Did you get that???

"Walmart, by driving down prices, saved the typical American family more than $2,300 annually. That was about the same amount that a family on food stamps then received from the federal government."

Does that figure sound familiar?

"Obama Promised Healthcare Premiums Would Fall $2,500 Per Family; They Have Climbed $4,865"
Obama Promised Healthcare Premiums Would Fall $2,500 Per Family; They Have Climbed $4,865 | Zero Hedge

Liberals/Progressives/Democrats

Scribd

Deuteronomy 15:11
"For the poor will never cease to be in the land; therefore I command you, saying, 'You shall freely open your hand to your brother, to your needy and poor in your land.'

They put you on ignore because of your never ending lying. Now, to adhere to the proper lib training, you must respond with "Show me where I lied"? or some similar canned BS.

You've never caught me in a lie.

Scribd

The FEE Store

For Profit, Anti-Poverty

45 Million Americans Still Stuck Below Poverty Line: Census | The Huffington Post

Why do you idiot liberals just make up "facts"? Haven't you learned yet people are going to check your facts, especially when you don't provide a link to support your claims? Ignorant and arrogant is a horrible combination, but that is the standard we have come to expect from you NYCARROTHEAD. You are, and will always be, my bitch.

More than 45 million people, or 14.5 percent of all Americans, lived below the poverty line last year, the Census Bureau reported on Tuesday. The percentage of Americans in poverty fell from 15 percent in 2012, the biggest such decline since the year 2000. But the level of poverty is still higher than 12.3 percent in 2006, before the recession began. (Story continues after chart.)

Here's the problem. Try to pay attention.

When they calculate that poverty rate, they do not count the help that poor people get from the government that actually raises them out of poverty.

Put another way, they calculate the poverty rate as if the war on poverty was non-existent.
Prove it or shut up.

Wow!!!

You really put your foot in your mouth now, dope.....by mentioning 'food stamps'!

4. Former Mayor, Little Mikey "Bloomberg supported Walmart’s efforts to open a store in New York, but the company faced unremitting resistance from unions and elected officials, and it gave up the fight once de Blasio moved into Gracie Mansion. "

"Walmart’s benefits are obvious to shoppers and to economists like Jason Furman, who served in the Clinton administration and was chairman of the Council of Economic Advisers under President Obama. In a paper, “Walmart: A Progressive Success Story,” Furman cited estimates that Walmart, by driving down prices, saved the typical American family more than $2,300 annually. That was about the same amount that a family on food stamps then received from the federal government." For Profit, Anti-Poverty

Did you get that???

"Walmart, by driving down prices, saved the typical American family more than $2,300 annually. That was about the same amount that a family on food stamps then received from the federal government."

"Obama Promised Healthcare Premiums Would Fall $2,500 Per Family; They Have Climbed $4,865"
Obama Promised Healthcare Premiums Would Fall $2,500 Per Family; They Have Climbed $4,865 | Zero Hedge

Then why is Wal Mart meat higher than the meat at the Super Mercado run by small business owners?

Wow!!!

Did you get that???

Then why is Wal Mart meat higher than the meat at the Super Mercado?
Better quality meat is more expensive than the goat meat in a mexican store.

Wow!!!

Did you get that???

Then why is Wal Mart meat higher than the meat at the Super Mercado run by small business owners?
Because Wal-Mart shoppers don't like to bend down to pick up merchandise?

Wow!!!

Did you get that???

Then why is Wal Mart meat higher than the meat at the Super Mercado?
Better quality meat is more expensive than the goat meat in a mexican store.

But you're not a bigot or anything....

Forum List

Back