Walter Williams: Why the Founders Did Not Want a Democracy

It doesn't matter if you like it ... It is correct ... :auiqs.jpg:

Anyway ... Good to see you, I just don't need to split hairs any more on it.
People tend to understand how things work when I use that definition.

No, I understand what you mean. I don't even disagree in as far as you went with it.

But it's the people who don't know what you mean in scope that get lost and end up spinning themselves in circles. Seems counterintuitive.

As far as lacking interest in splitting hairs, I get it.

But some of the best, purely educational dialogue I've ever had or read has been between like-minded people rather than tradng keystrokes with your standard tv wingers.

Though the ancaps can sometimes throw a wrench into things.

and yet again you fail to back that up with proof,,
I've done it a hundred times, my man.

Like I said, try a forum search for keywords ''compound Republic"

There have been times I've been very thorough and there have been times I've explained it just quickly.

After a while its like talking to the wall. I get tired of repeating myself.

I've done it a hundred times, my man.

Like I said, try a forum search for keywords ''compound Republic"

There have been times I've been very thorough and there have been times I've explained it just quickly.

After a while its like talking to the wall. I get tired of repeating myself.
let me use basic english to explain,,

democratically elect representatives is what we do,,

a constitutional republic is what we are,,

one is a noun and one isnt,, can you guess??

Anyway. Getting back to the topic of "a Democracy," America is a federated system of Republics. Each State being its own Republic with controlling power over the central, federal Republic.

"Democracy'' itself is a popular type of governance and an aspect of a true Republic.

"A Democracy'' is a form of government that is antithetical to "a Republican'' form of government.

So form vs type. It's a double meaning. That's where the gp gets confused with the term. And the establishment loves them for it.

Last edited:
One thing is certain, though, the anti-federalists have been proven correct in their fears and predictions over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Anyway. Geting back to the topic of "a Democracy," America is a federated system of Republics. Each State being its own Republic with controlling power over the central, federal Republic.

"Democracy'' itself is a popular type of governance and an aspect of a true Republic.

"A Democracy'' is a form of government that is antithetical to "a Republican'' form of government.

So form vs type. It's a double meaning. That's where the gp gets confused with the term.
opinions vary,,

opinions vary,,

Oddball's kicked me in the nuts nice and good a few of times on here whenever I've popped off about state power.

Ultimately, he's right in scope and I have no logical response because he's right about ''the state''

But those are good discussions because they actually go some place meaningful.

opinions vary,,

Yeah, probaby. I tend to hold Madison's opinion, however.

I have researched whether we are a constitutional republic for decades,, you made a claim so provide a link,, I did,,

Again. "Compound Republic"

''In the compound republic of America, the power surrendered by the people is first divided between two distinct governments, and then the portion allotted to each subdivided among distinct and separate departments. Hence a double security arises to the rights of the people. The different governments will control each other, at the same time that each will be controlled by itself.'' - Madison Federalist #51

The Federalist, btw, being widely regarded as the blueprint for the constitution.

Alright, then. I'm logging out for the night. Have a good night.

I do tire of repeating myself, though. As I'd mentioned, I've tried to explain this well over a hundred times around here.

It's like talking to the wall a lot of the time, unfortunately.

Yep.

As small as it is (so far), there is only one party that is serious about changing this fucked up system.

The Forward Party leans pretty far left

Forum List

Back