War on Christmas

When you start acting Christ-like you'll have earned the right to point the finger at me.

I do a fine job acknowledging my many flaws without any help from you.

You, on the other hand, seem to think you have none.

actually I kinda like me! I'm very nice,, and tolerant of others religions and their rights to express themselves.. yep yep yep

actually I kinda like me! I'm very nice,, and tolerant of others religions and their rights to express themselves.. yep yep yep

I have many flaws. I'm feisty, and I like to argue. Every day I examine and my mind and heart and find mistakes I've made.

One mistake I made today is I should have stopped debating this issue with you long ago. You aren't open to my point of view, and I should be able to just let you be.

If you insist on wishing people you know who are not Christians Merry Christmas, even when you know it offends some of us, I am not going to change your wish to be offensive to others.

Carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have many flaws. I'm feisty, and I like to argue. Every day I examine and my mind and heart and find mistakes I've made.

One mistake I made today is I should have stopped debating this issue with you long ago. You aren't open to my point of view, and I should be able to just let you be.

If you insist on wishing people you know who are not Christians Merry Christmas, even when you know it offends some of us, I am not going to change your wish to be offensive to others.

Carry on.

You haven't told me exactly why the benign loving phrase "Merry Christmas" should offend anyone,, that's the part I'm perplexed about.. it has absolutely no malice attached to it,, why are you so easily offended by the Christian celebration of Christmas...

Merry Christmas from me to all those of you that celebrate it.

And since goodwill to all men at Christmas is meant to be one of the things that Christianity is all about, here's wishing the rest of you peace and happiness at this special time of year.

You haven't told me exactly why the benign loving phrase "Merry Christmas" should offend anyone,, that's the part I'm perplexed about.. it has absolutely no malice attached to it,, why are you so easily offended by the Christian celebration of Christmas...

I am not offended in any way by Christians celebrating Christmas. I am not offended in the least to wish someone a Merry Christmas, and I don't take offense when someone who doesn't know me wishes me Merry Christmas.

I find it troubling that Christians insist on using the 'Merry Christmas' greeting with everyone equally, and that you specifically have said YOU DON'T CARE if someone is offended by your greeting. That's hardly using the wish benignly.

I often choose to take the side of the non-dominant group in a debate or discussion. It's just my nature to defend the underdog. Christians are the dominant religious group in America. It is absurd, that the relatively small group of atheists in America threaten Christians.

Buddhists like to argue. Debate is an art in Buddhism.

Merry Christmas from me to all those of you that celebrate it.

And since goodwill to all men at Christmas is meant to be one of the things that Christianity is all about, here's wishing the rest of you peace and happiness at this special time of year.

Thank you. I wish we had a national holiday where we just wished each other peace and well being instead of cultural warfare.

That is an odd observation, but I find that it's true of most American raised regardless of skin color or religion. When I was working in Tucson so long ago there were a lot of Mexican immigrants, they were the best workers and I never had to deal with a complaint about them. They were legal, but suspect your observation probably fits as well.
If I can't be odd in cyberspace, where can I be odd?

Black is Black and White is White and 2 + 2 has always equaled 4, there's no room for gray areas nor fence ridin, them days is over, your either a, Holy Ghost filled, Bible reading, Jesus praying Christian or your not, why waste your time?... I call it like it is, the only public shitfit credibility going here as you say, is your apathetic apostate, anti-christ(YWN666) rhetoric. Oh and im never the loser in Christ Jesus, while i may stumble, i will not fall in Christ.... Bub?:eek: THE END

I bet Jesus is real proud of your calling someone "turd juice" although although the embarrassment of using such grade school insults should nave stopped you first.

I am not offended in any way by Christians celebrating Christmas. I am not offended in the least to wish someone a Merry Christmas, and I don't take offense when someone who doesn't know me wishes me Merry Christmas.

I find it troubling that Christians insist on using the 'Merry Christmas' greeting with everyone equally, and that you specifically have said YOU DON'T CARE if someone is offended by your greeting. That's hardly using the wish benignly.

I often choose to take the side of the non-dominant group in a debate or discussion. It's just my nature to defend the underdog. Christians are the dominant religious group in America. It is absurd, that the relatively small group of atheists in America threaten Christians.

Well said.

Thank you. I wish we had a national holiday where we just wished each other peace and well being instead of cultural warfare.

I'd miss wishing people a Merry Christmas. It's as much a part of me as.....well, it's just part of my DNA.

But I agree with your warfare sentiment. This thread is a masterclass in irony.

I'd miss wishing people a Merry Christmas. It's as much a part of me as.....well, it's just part of my DNA.

But I agree with your warfare sentiment. This thread is a masterclass in irony.

I think the whole point is to have a light heart about this stuff. When someone is obviously brimming with joy and smiles and wishes me Merry Christmas, I smile back and wish them the same.

When someone gets all cross, and tells me that they are wishing Merry Christmas whether it offends atheists, Muslims or Jews or not, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Buddhists like to argue. Debate is an art in Buddhism.

well since Christians mean no one any harm with the wishing of Merry Christmas I just don't get the animosity and the insistance on Happy Holidays, that's kinda forcing a Christian to give up his tradition, unless of course we should stop and ask before speaking to someone are you jewish, buddhist,, muslim, or atheist?? That would seem rude,, it's just as easy for a non Christian to accept "Merry Christmas" in the loving spirit in which it is extended to them..

I think the whole point is to have a light heart about this stuff. When someone is obviously brimming with joy and smiles and wishes me Merry Christmas, I smile back and wish them the same.
When someone gets all cross, and tells me that they are wishing Merry Christmas whether it offends atheists, Muslims or Jews or not, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

And therin lies the whole truth in my point!! It is given from me to you with joy and great tidings of love and happiness. that is all..

Forum List

Back