War on The Rich: Dumbest Idea in History of Man

Kind of melodramatic aren't you?

Adjusting the tax structure on that 1% who have 34% of the wealth is far from a war. It's just sensible fiscal policy

No. it's utterly stupid policy. You can't tax wealth. You can only tax income. Wealthy people do not have to earn incomes... they are already wealthy.

The only thing you can do is to put up roadblocks so that no one else can obtain wealth. This seems to be the approach you've chosen to take, and it's the dumbest idea ever in the history of man.

Taxing wealth is how taxation was originally done in our republic. Jefferson and Paine and some other wise men decided that Dynastic wealth was a threat to democracy, and that taxing the sweat of a man's brow was an abhorrent idea.

Start at page 77

Screwed The Undeclared War Against the Middle Class and What We Can Do ... - Thom Hartmann - Google Books

Adjusting the tax structure on that 1% who have 34% of the wealth is far from a war. It's just sensible fiscal policy

No. it's utterly stupid policy. You can't tax wealth. You can only tax income. Wealthy people do not have to earn incomes... they are already wealthy.

The only thing you can do is to put up roadblocks so that no one else can obtain wealth. This seems to be the approach you've chosen to take, and it's the dumbest idea ever in the history of man.

Taxing wealth is how taxation was originally done in our republic. Jefferson and Paine and some other wise men decided that Dynastic wealth was a threat to democracy, and that taxing the sweat of a man's brow was an abhorrent idea.

Start at page 77

Screwed The Undeclared War Against the Middle Class and What We Can Do ... - Thom Hartmann - Google Books
That's of course idiotic.
Wealth is nothing other than the accumulated sweat of a man's brow.

The effective rate is acrobatics? Try the real world. And THAT seems to be paid mostly by small business. Keep defending the greedy rich's racket, dingbat dupe.

LOL... The rich don't need me to defend them, they are resoundingly kicking your ass without any help from me. I'm just sitting here on the sidelines watching them constantly outsmart you at every turn while you continue to shoot yourself in the foot, blow holes in your own ship and kill off your own citizenry in a war you can't win against an enemy you'll never defeat. It's amusing to me.
They're also outbuying you, stupid. If YOU can't defeat them, gtf out of the way...

If YOU can't defeat them, gtf out of the way...
Don't want to defeat them, not trying to defeat them. I want to emulate them and be just like them. I want you fuckers to literally hate me for all I'm worth.

And to those of you who are muttering "revolution" under your breath, I hope to hell you go for that! Bring it the fuck on! You're going to find out how many bullets the rich can afford. I honestly don't think any of you have the guts to do this, you're just spewing nonsense out of sheer frustration. But crazy stupid people do crazy stupid shit every day, so it would not surprise me.

Yes, CONSERVATIVES 'FREE TRADE'. NAFTA? The idea coming from right wing Heritage Foundation, proposed by Ronnie Reagan the day he announced his run for Prez in 1979, DID get pushed through by the best conservative Prez since Ike, BJ Bill

NAFTA's the ONLY 'free trade' agreement? lol

Corp tax burden highest in the world? Oh right, you are a liar so of course you go with the MYTH that since the US has the highest Corp MARGINAL rate of 35% , though EFFECTIVE tax rates are the best way to measure, and 12% puts US at the 3rd lowest tax BURDEN (your word) in the developed world. Only Mexico and Chile are lower

What does Corp tax rates have to do with jobs? Since Corps higher based on DEMAND not how much money they will pay on PROFITS in taxes?

PLEASE, pretty please, grow a fukkking brain!

Bill Clinton was a Conservative??? LMFAOOoooooo! WOW!
Well... I suppose when we compare Clinton with the Muslim Marxist-in-Chief we now have, maybe he WAS conservative? Still.... LMFAOOOOooooooo! That's RICH! (*oops... don't fire the cannons at your own ridiculous point!)

What does Corp tax rates have to do with jobs?
Uhm... it keeps more of them from being created... duh!

...you go with the MYTH that since the US has the highest Corp MARGINAL rate of 35% , though EFFECTIVE tax rates are the best way to measure, and 12% puts US at the 3rd lowest tax BURDEN (your word) in the developed world. Only Mexico and Chile are lower.

I said the US has the highest corporate tax rate. "Burden" is YOUR word, and you had to go through a series of acrobatics with statistics to claim you refuted my point.

Corporate Taxes as a Percentage of Federal Revenue

1955 . . . 27.3%
2010 . . . 8.9%

Corporate Taxes as a Percentage of GDP

1955 . . . 4.3%
2010 . . . 1.3%

Individual Income/Payrolls as a Percentage of Federal Revenue

1955 . . . 58.0%
2010 . . . 81.5%

Corporate Profits Are At An All-Time High

'corporate profits are at an all-time high as a percentage of the economy, wages are at an all-time low.'

'Last year, corporations made a record $824 billion, which didn’t stop conservatives from continually claiming that President Obama is anti-business.'
Corporate Profits Are At An All-Time High ThinkProgress

The fortunate 400

400 tax returns reporting the highest incomes in 2009.

Six American families paid no federal income taxes in 2009 while making something on the order of $200 million each.
another 110 families paid 15 percent or less in federal income taxes.

The fortunate 400 David Cay Johnston Reuters

The 400 richest Americans used to pay 30% of their income on the average to Uncle Sam(but 55% in 1955).

A REAL FUKKING WAR *SHAKING HEAD*

"the US has the highest Corp MARGINAL rate of 35%" ~ Dad2three

Which mean NOTHING in the real world where Corps pay EFFECTIVE rates of 12% (40 year lows) on RECORD profits

Warren Buffett: ‘It Is A Myth’ That U.S. Corporate Taxes Are High

So our corporate tax rate last year, effectively, in terms of taxes paid for the United States, was around 12 percent, which is well below those existing in most of the industrialized countries around the world. So it is a myth that American corporations are paying 35 percent or anything like itCorporate taxes are not strangling American competitiveness.

What is really funny is stupid people like Boss want to reduce the "marginal" corporate tax rate to 20% with no deductions. Flat 20%. 15% drop in marginal rate.

And an 8% increase in effective rate.

Boss wants to increase corporate taxes by 8%.

Boss not being smart enough to understand the difference.

And Boss not being smart enough to understand the corporations don't want tax change (unless they get to pay 0%). They do like the ability to bitch about that 35% number while they pay 12%. It keeps people like Boss on their side cause Boss don't know the difference between "marginal" and "effective" tax rates.

Weird especially when Boss wants to up their rate by 8%.

Start at page 77

I have no interest in reading the ramblings of a propagandist who is distorting the Founding Fathers to promote Marxism. No, our nation has never taxed wealth. We tax incomes, we tax inheritance. Neither of those is wealth.

Wealth is property. According to the 4th Amendment, the government cannot seize your property without due cause. Wanting to steal your property is not due cause.

The effective rate is acrobatics? Try the real world. And THAT seems to be paid mostly by small business. Keep defending the greedy rich's racket, dingbat dupe.

LOL... The rich don't need me to defend them, they are resoundingly kicking your ass without any help from me. I'm just sitting here on the sidelines watching them constantly outsmart you at every turn while you continue to shoot yourself in the foot, blow holes in your own ship and kill off your own citizenry in a war you can't win against an enemy you'll never defeat. It's amusing to me.
They're also outbuying you, stupid. If YOU can't defeat them, gtf out of the way...

Don't want to defeat them, not trying to defeat them. I want to emulate them and be just like them. I want you fuckers to literally hate me for all I'm worth.

And to those of you who are muttering "revolution" under your breath, I hope to hell you go for that! Bring it the fuck on! You're going to find out how many bullets the rich can afford. I honestly don't think any of you have the guts to do this, you're just spewing nonsense out of sheer frustration. But crazy stupid people do crazy stupid shit every day, so it would not surprise me.
I don't mutter, if things keep getting worse there will be a revolution, it is the way humans do things, if the rich acted as openly hostile to the rabble as you do it would have already happened. The french aristocracy felt secure enough to rub people's faces in the poverty that they caused and look what happened to them.

What is really funny is stupid people like Boss want to reduce the "marginal" corporate tax rate to 20% with no deductions. Flat 20%. 15% drop in marginal rate.

And Boss not being smart enough to understand the corporations don't want tax change (unless they get to pay 0%). They do like the ability to bitch about that 35% number while they pay 12%. It keeps people like Boss on their side cause Boss don't know the difference between "marginal" and "effective" tax rates.

I don't see where I posted anything about what I wanted to do with corporate taxes. Not sure where you came up with all these percentages and figures, but it wasn't from me.

If it were left to me, we would have 0% corporate tax in America. That's right... Boss wants NO corporate tax whatsoever. I also favor transitioning away from income tax to a consumption tax of 25% with a $400 per month prebate paid to families below the poverty line. (aka: Fair Tax) This would require repealing the 16th Amendment.

No corporate taxation in America would create massive amounts of new enterprise and jobs from virtually every global corporation on the planet. We would fucking have to annex Mexico in order to fill the job openings and wages would skyrocket as demand for labor exceeded supply. Corporations would be pleased as punch to pay higher wages in return for no corporate taxation.

So there you have it... next time you get ready to spout off about what Boss believes, you should ask me first.

So speaks the moron....

If wealth did not grow, we'd all still be fighting over the first pig to be traded for an ear of corn.

You're too stupid to understand the difference between wealth and money.

BTW....You Boi has been printing money like its going out of style for 6 years.

Now go bother your mother for some cookies.

even assuming wealth were not finite, what is finite is opportunity and the distribution of that wealth, vis a vis salaries, etc., that is available to workers.

and the more the top 1% is pandered to, the more they drive down wages to increase their own share.

there... i hope that helps.
income i snot wealth.

the only wealth that matters is your wealth (net worth) and none of you have been able to tell me what rich greedy guy is stopping you from increasing your wealth. Or how one person's increase in net worth decreases yours.

Poorly paid people dealing with rising costs coupled with the lower buying power of what dollars they actually make have to liquidate their wealth to keep paying the bills that keep rising, leaving them bereft of that wealth. And it isn't "one person," it is a collusion, a cabal of "people" that (rather than who, no matter what the latest, rather than greatest, Supremes decided on the subject of personhood) keep driving costs higher and paychecks lower. This isn't rocket science, and you know damned well what you're supporting, and why.
So who is stopping any "poorly paid people" from acquiring a better skill set so as to earn more?

Or are you one that subscribes to the ridiculousness that no one should ever work more than 37.5 hours a week, never miss a vacation day or leave a sick day untaken and yet expect to get ahead?
Pubs who cut funding for training, make college loans more expensive duh. Make us the only modern country without at least a month paid vacation after a year, paid parental leave, good cheap day care, and tax the poor as much or more %wise as the rich, chump of the greedy idiot rich.
Funny we had none of those things decades ago yet all of a sudden it's a problem?

If you want training go get it yourself. Why does the government have to pay for it?

And college isn't the answer for everyone. Many people would be better off learning a trade rather than getting some bullshit BA liberal arts degree.

It all boils down to what you will do for yourself and I can see that you don't really think people should do for themselves and that government should do it for them.

The resistance I see to getting a second job here or maybe going to school part time so as to avoid debt is all I need to know that you people aren't willing to sacrifice anything to get ahead

I don't mutter, if things keep getting worse there will be a revolution, it is the way humans do things, if the rich acted as openly hostile to the rabble as you do it would have already happened. The french aristocracy felt secure enough to rub people's faces in the poverty that they caused and look what happened to them.

The French Aristocracy didn't have a constitution and free republic. Yes... humans often do boneheaded things, and that would certainly qualify. But hey... If your heart is set on being slaughtered in short order, I say you should go for it! Rich people can afford lots of weapons and ammo, so it's not going to be a cake walk.

In fact, I think that might be the best idea you've come up with yet! That would give us ample reason to wipe you off the face of the earth and restore America to glory again.

• US one of few countries that doesn't mandate paid vacation ...
    www.bostonglobe.com/.../one...countries-that...paid-vaca...
    The Boston Globe

Aug 14, 2014 - France, on the other hand, mandates 30 paid vacation days a year for all workers; Scandinavian countries offer 25. US citizens in Puerto Rico get three weeks off a year. Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Greece, and Sweden even require employers to pay vacationing workers extra to help with expenses.
People who are more worried about how much time off they get than getting ahead will never amount to anything

to add to that Skull Pilot, you can't have people gaining wealth when their opportunities become limited by policies designed only to help that top 1%.
What policy exactly has stopped you from making more or adding to your net worth?

we are not talking about MY earnings or net wroth. I am fine. unlike you, I have a societal interest in assuring a strong middle class.

and you know very well what rightwing policies have destroyed the middle class and left people with the same wages they earned basically thirty years ago, while goods cost so much more.
I don't know any right wing anything.

All I know is for my entire life no one, no policies, no rich guy, no CEO has ever stopped me from earning more, saving more, or anything else i wanted to do to improve my financial position.

I guess I don't see cabals and conspiracies to use as excuses.

The battle lines are pretty much drawn at those who have benefited from the American economic/tax system, and those who have not. A lot of those who have benefited have such a knee-jerk, arrogant, and defensive reaction that there is just no getting through to them.

Those who benefit love to crow about how hard they worked.

If anything THAT is the great American myth.

There are so many variables in to financial success that I laugh when I hear people extolling the virtues of their “hard work”. Yes, hard work is necessary, but it is not the path to goodness and wealth.
Goodness?

showing up is 90% of the game. But you people are more concerned with time off and hand outs than you are with showing up.

And really the people who pay no income tax and get all kinds of refundable tax credits are benefiting from the tax code are they not?

If you people looked for reasons to succeed rather than excuses why you can't the country would be better off.

Last edited:
Yes, CONSERVATIVES 'FREE TRADE'. NAFTA? The idea coming from right wing Heritage Foundation, proposed by Ronnie Reagan the day he announced his run for Prez in 1979, DID get pushed through by the best conservative Prez since Ike, BJ Bill

NAFTA's the ONLY 'free trade' agreement? lol

Corp tax burden highest in the world? Oh right, you are a liar so of course you go with the MYTH that since the US has the highest Corp MARGINAL rate of 35% , though EFFECTIVE tax rates are the best way to measure, and 12% puts US at the 3rd lowest tax BURDEN (your word) in the developed world. Only Mexico and Chile are lower

What does Corp tax rates have to do with jobs? Since Corps higher based on DEMAND not how much money they will pay on PROFITS in taxes?

PLEASE, pretty please, grow a fukkking brain!

Bill Clinton was a Conservative??? LMFAOOoooooo! WOW!
Well... I suppose when we compare Clinton with the Muslim Marxist-in-Chief we now have, maybe he WAS conservative? Still.... LMFAOOOOooooooo! That's RICH! (*oops... don't fire the cannons at your own ridiculous point!)

What does Corp tax rates have to do with jobs?
Uhm... it keeps more of them from being created... duh!

...you go with the MYTH that since the US has the highest Corp MARGINAL rate of 35% , though EFFECTIVE tax rates are the best way to measure, and 12% puts US at the 3rd lowest tax BURDEN (your word) in the developed world. Only Mexico and Chile are lower.

I said the US has the highest corporate tax rate. "Burden" is YOUR word, and you had to go through a series of acrobatics with statistics to claim you refuted my point.

Corporate Taxes as a Percentage of Federal Revenue

1955 . . . 27.3%
2010 . . . 8.9%

Corporate Taxes as a Percentage of GDP

1955 . . . 4.3%
2010 . . . 1.3%

Individual Income/Payrolls as a Percentage of Federal Revenue

1955 . . . 58.0%
2010 . . . 81.5%

Corporate Profits Are At An All-Time High

'corporate profits are at an all-time high as a percentage of the economy, wages are at an all-time low.'

'Last year, corporations made a record $824 billion, which didn’t stop conservatives from continually claiming that President Obama is anti-business.'
Corporate Profits Are At An All-Time High ThinkProgress

The fortunate 400

400 tax returns reporting the highest incomes in 2009.

Six American families paid no federal income taxes in 2009 while making something on the order of $200 million each.
another 110 families paid 15 percent or less in federal income taxes.

The fortunate 400 David Cay Johnston Reuters

The 400 richest Americans used to pay 30% of their income on the average to Uncle Sam(but 55% in 1955).

A REAL FUKKING WAR *SHAKING HEAD*

"the US has the highest Corp MARGINAL rate of 35%" ~ Dad2three

Which mean NOTHING in the real world where Corps pay EFFECTIVE rates of 12% (40 year lows) on RECORD profits

Warren Buffett: ‘It Is A Myth’ That U.S. Corporate Taxes Are High

So our corporate tax rate last year, effectively, in terms of taxes paid for the United States, was around 12 percent, which is well below those existing in most of the industrialized countries around the world. So it is a myth that American corporations are paying 35 percent or anything like itCorporate taxes are not strangling American competitiveness.
Warren Buffet?

The guy who has been fighting the IRS for years and owes a billion in back taxes?

Yeah great source

I'm not worried about you whiners starting a revolution.

It would take decades for you people to figure out how much vacation time and sick time and benefits your "army" will get.

None of you will just show up and do it.

I don't see where I posted anything about what I wanted to do with corporate taxes. Not sure where you came up with all these percentages and figures, but it wasn't from me.

If it were left to me, we would have 0% corporate tax in America. That's right... Boss wants NO corporate tax whatsoever. I also favor transitioning away from income tax to a consumption tax of 25% with a $400 per month prebate paid to families below the poverty line. (aka: Fair Tax) This would require repealing the 16th Amendment.

No corporate taxation in America would create massive amounts of new enterprise and jobs from virtually every global corporation on the planet. We would fucking have to annex Mexico in order to fill the job openings and wages would skyrocket as demand for labor exceeded supply. Corporations would be pleased as punch to pay higher wages in return for no corporate taxation.

So there you have it... next time you get ready to spout off about what Boss believes, you should ask me first.

Cool, now we are down to 0% corporate tax rate. That should be amazing. But fuck it, if we are gonna live in a fantasy world, lets just stipulate that no one pays income tax. Matter of fact. no taxes of any kind.

If 0% tax for corporations is good enough for them (and corporations are people to you know) then it would be good enough for me.

You want to speculate any on what may happen to the country with no income?

And no I am not interested in paying your consumption tax. No tax for me. A 25% CONSUMPTION tax would be a rather large tax increase for me and I am not interested.

The French Aristocracy didn't have a constitution and free republic. Yes... humans often do boneheaded things, and that would certainly qualify. But hey... If your heart is set on being slaughtered in short order, I say you should go for it! Rich people can afford lots of weapons and ammo, so it's not going to be a cake walk.

In fact, I think that might be the best idea you've come up with yet! That would give us ample reason to wipe you off the face of the earth and restore America to glory again.
Now you are just being silly. No one wants a revolution but it's what will happen if this situation continues unabated. Amazing you seem to think that killing people is better than paying them a decent wage or allowing the economy to work for all.

Now you are just being silly. No one wants a revolution but it's what will happen if this situation continues unabated. Amazing you seem to think that killing people is better than paying them a decent wage or allowing the economy to work for all.

Hell I thought all the middle class and lower class gun owners were "prepping" for the revolution against the plutocrats. Evidently Boss thinks they are all so well armed because they are going to protect the ultra rich from the rest of us.

!% of 300 million is 3 million ultra rich vs the 297 million of the rest of us. I don't care if the ultra rich have a million man army, I like the odds of the masses.

Start at page 77

I have no interest in reading the ramblings of a propagandist who is distorting the Founding Fathers to promote Marxism. No, our nation has never taxed wealth. We tax incomes, we tax inheritance. Neither of those is wealth.

Wealth is property. According to the 4th Amendment, the government cannot seize your property without due cause. Wanting to steal your property is not due cause.
There was no income tax at the founding of our country. Where do you think the money came from? Workers did not pay taxes

Hell I thought all the middle class and lower class gun owners were "prepping" for the revolution against the plutocrats. Evidently Boss thinks they are all so well armed because they are going to protect the ultra rich from the rest of us.

!% of 300 million is 3 million ultra rich vs the 297 million of the rest of us. I don't care if the ultra rich have a million man army, I like the odds of the masses.
So what I hear is you being in favor of arming little kids and sending them off to fight "the rich"

The world has changed. International business competition has never been more intense, and it's becoming more so by the day.

Drop the corporate tax rate to 10%. Unleash a flood of repatriated capital and attract another flood of international capital.

Add two (although I'm beginning to think three) new marginal personal rates at the top end, 44.9%, 49.9%, 54.5%. Add minimum effective tax rates.

There, that should piss off both ends of this argument. But it's what I would do.

Forum List

Back