War on The Rich: Dumbest Idea in History of Man

40 hours a week, 51 weeks a year (ok to get a week off?) = 2040 hours worked. 70,000$ gross income divided by 2040 hours = $34.31 per hour.

And you say there are "lots" of jobs out there paying 34 bucks an hour. Where are they for the person with the high school education? I know some people that would really like to make 34 dollars an hour. Even 24 an hour.
Hell, 14 an hour for some I know would be great.

What's your company pay per hour? You hiring?
I don't know any engineers that make less than 70k. I don't know many managers that make less then 70k. I don't know many professionals that make less than 70k. For that matter even high school teachers end up making 70 with tenure. IMO one would have to try really hard to not get to the point where they are making 70k. Really really hard to find excuses to not get into a position to make 70k.

You don't read and comprehend very well rkm. If you did, you would have seen that I wrote "person with the high school education". Do you now see where I wrote that?

And of the group you mentioned all making 70k a year, I swear I do believe that those position require a college education. Engineers, teachers, managers? and professionals (whatever they are).

Are there more high school graduates in American than there are college graduates? Why yes there are.
Are there lots of jobs paying 70k for high school grads? Not any more.
Sure there are millions of jobs paying more than 70k for high school grads. for example, company owners. It's not hard to start your own business. All it requires is effort, ability, and some street smarts. My reading comprehension is fine. FYI community and online colleges are available for high school grads.

40 hours a week, 51 weeks a year (ok to get a week off?) = 2040 hours worked. 70,000$ gross income divided by 2040 hours = $34.31 per hour.

And you say there are "lots" of jobs out there paying 34 bucks an hour. Where are they for the person with the high school education? I know some people that would really like to make 34 dollars an hour. Even 24 an hour.

I don't know any engineers that make less than 70k. I don't know many managers that make less then 70k. I don't know many professionals that make less than 70k. For that matter even high school teachers end up making 70 with tenure. IMO one would have to try really hard to not get to the point where they are making 70k. Really really hard to find excuses to not get into a position to make 70k.

You don't read and comprehend very well rkm. If you did, you would have seen that I wrote "person with the high school education". Do you now see where I wrote that?

And of the group you mentioned all making 70k a year, I swear I do believe that those position require a college education. Engineers, teachers, managers? and professionals (whatever they are).

Are there more high school graduates in American than there are college graduates? Why yes there are.
Sure there are millions of jobs paying more than 70k for high school grads. for example, company owners. It's not hard to start your own business. All it requires is effort, ability, and some street smarts. My reading comprehension is fine. FYI community and online colleges are available for high school grads.

for example,,,,,,,,rkm why don't you post some hard factual numbers on the number of start up companies that 1.survive for longer than 2 years. and 2. how many of the owners make 70k.

Just curious. I mean you claim there are "millions of jobs paying more than 70k". Prove it. Should be easy for you.

for example,,,,,,,,rkm why don't you post some hard factual numbers on the number of start up companies that 1.survive for longer than 2 years. and 2. how many of the owners make 70k.

Just curious. I mean you claim there are "millions of jobs paying more than 70k". Prove it. Should be easy for you.
You are confused by the term "average" salary. Average does not mean top or bottom, it means top, bottom, and middle all added together then divide by the number of people. For example half of all electricians and plumbers make more than the other half. Making 35 an hour is a very easy thing for an electrician or plumber to achieve. Guess how many electricians and plumbers there are?

FYI:
100 Top Entrepreneurs Who Succeeded Without A College Degree

Think zeke.. pick a product or service people need and do a good job providing it... they will pay for it. You reap the reward for taking the risk. Or you can work for someone else that took the risk to build a company and complain they don't pay enough.

Yes, rkm... why don't you post a link to some statistics so zeke can divert from this topic and pick apart your source while dismissing the facts in front of his stupid face. He needs someone to bail him out here, he's in over his head.

Hey zeke, you realize the median income in America is around $55k, so that means there are probably at least 20-30 million jobs paying more than $70k out there, right? I mean, everyone is not working at McDonalds.

One of the main reasons most start-up businesses fail is because of your war on the rich. You've constructed so many obstacles and burdens in the form of regulations and requirements that small businesses struggle to survive. If we could get rid of idiots like you, we could probably establish a system where small businesses can thrive. But then, people would be getting wealthy, and you don't like that happening. Every poor person you lose to wealth is one less voter you can persuade with your rhetoric.

While these are in fact requirements of some high-figure salaries, they aren't a prerequisite for all of them.

What many workers don't know is that there are numerous jobs that pay well above the average full-time worker's salary of $33,634* -- that don't require a Ph.D. or at least 10 years experience.

That's not to say that the following positions are easy to come by -- like any position, no matter what the salary, you do have some qualifications to score the job.

To help you figure out your options, we came up with a list of 15 jobs that earn in the $70,000 range and are expected to increase in demand between now and 2016.

They require various levels of experience and education so take a peek and see if there's something for you:

Radiation therapistAnnual median income: $70,010
Projected employment in 2016: 18,000**
Increase between 2006 and 2016: 25 percent

Don't Miss

Nuclear power reactor operatorAnnual median income: $70,410
Projected employment in 2016: 4,200
Increase between 2006 and 2016: 11 percent

Management analystAnnual median income: $70,990
Projected employment in 2016: 827,000
Increase between 2006 and 2016: 22 percent

Industrial-organizational psychologistAnnual median income: $86,420
Projected employment in 2016: 2,400
Increase between 2006 and 2016: 21 percent

Environmental engineerAnnual median income: $72,350
Projected employment in 2016: 68,000

First-line supervisor/manager of police and detectivesAnnual median income: $72,620
Projected employment in 2016: 102,000
Increase between 2006 and 2016: 9 percent

Computer systems analystAnnual median income: $73,090
Projected employment in 2016: 650,000
Increase between 2006 and 2016: 29 percent

Advertising and promotions managerAnnual median income: $73,666
Projected employment in 2016: 50,000
Increase between 2006 and 2016: 6 percent

Administrative law judges, adjudicators, and hearing officerAnnual median income: $74,170
Projected employment in 2016: 15,000
Increase between 2006 and 2016: 0 percent

Administrative services managerAnnual median income: $75,083
Projected employment in 2016: 276,000
Increase between 2006 and 2016: 12 percent

Education administrator, post-secondaryAnnual median income: $75,780
Projected employment in 2016: 150,000
Increase between 2006 and 2016: 14 percent

Marine engineers and naval architectAnnual median income: $76,200
Projected employment in 2016: 10,000

Physician assistantAnnual median income: $78,450
Projected employment in 2016: 83,000
Increase between 2006 and 2016: 27 percent

Agricultural sciences teacher, post-secondaryAnnual median income: $78,460
Projected employment in 2016: 2.1 million (post-secondary teachers)
Increase between 2006 and 2016: 23 percent

VeterinarianAnnual median income: $79,368
Projected employment in 2016: 84,000
Increase between 2006 and 2016: 35 percent

Look at those 70k jobs I found. Now how many of those jobs do not require college degrees?

The total projected number of those jobs is 2,768,000. And 2.1 million of those jobs were in one field.

So tell me again how many million and million of jobs there are out there paying 70k to a high school graduate.
Which is where this discussion started. High school grads.

Yada Yada Yada... you fucktards are getting a TON of mileage out of that OP-ED, aren't you?

The Truth is that the Democrats only had a filibuster-proof majority for 60 working days during that period...

Which happens to be 60 more fucking days than Republicans have EVER had a filibuster-proof majority in the entire history of Congress! It also happens to be the third time in history the Democrats have had a filibuster-proof majority, which is three times more than the Republicans have had.

Got it, so you don't refute the FACT that the Dems had a super majority for less than 60 days, AS the Dubya/GOP economy was imploding...BLAH BLAH BLAHH...

I don't need to refute anything, ass munch. All you're little op-ed does is WHINE because you only had a supermajority for 60 days... Oh boo-fucking-hoo!! Republicans have NEVER had a supermajority... N-E-V-E-R!

Got it, skippy?

Now, in spite of you having full control of both houses and the white house for two years, and and pretty much 'parliamentary' control of Congress for the past 6 years with a Democrat president, and a sobbing Johnny Boehner... with all the thousands of pages of new regulations and burdens you've placed on businesses and the so-called "rich people" you're at war with... all the breathless rhetoric... all the copy-n-paste op-eds... getting rid of those terrible Bush Tax Cuts... There are twice as many billionaires as before you started!

Oxfam s New Report Number Of Billionaires Has Doubled Since The Crash - Forbes

Looks like your anti-capitalist war on the rich is only causing the rich to get richer!

Dumbest Idea in the History of Man!!

Got it, your premise, 'war on the rich' is jut bloviating and the GOP had ConservaDems support where the GOP has refused to help US for near 6 years!

Yes, rkm... why don't you post a link to some statistics so zeke can divert from this topic and pick apart your source while dismissing the facts in front of his stupid face. He needs someone to bail him out here, he's in over his head.

Hey zeke, you realize the median income in America is around $55k, so that means there are probably at least 20-30 million jobs paying more than $70k out there, right? I mean, everyone is not working at McDonalds.

One of the main reasons most start-up businesses fail is because of your war on the rich. You've constructed so many obstacles and burdens in the form of regulations and requirements that small businesses struggle to survive. If we could get rid of idiots like you, we could probably establish a system where small businesses can thrive. But then, people would be getting wealthy, and you don't like that happening. Every poor person you lose to wealth is one less voter you can persuade with your rhetoric.

"In statistics and probability theory, the median is the numerical value separating the higher half of a data sample, a population, or a probability distribution, from the lower half."

Yes, median means just about nothing when the US has sooooo many multi millionaires/billionaires paying RECORD low tax burdens!

Weird, you'd think a guy with your 'wealth' would know that?

change-since-1979-600.gif

income-quintile2-12.gif

Think zeke.. pick a product or service people need and do a good job providing it... they will pay for it. You reap the reward for taking the risk. Or you can work for someone else that took the risk to build a company and complain they don't pay enough.

Conservatives just ignore facts and reality. They have "faith" that their ideology is correct.

You know what happens when you have a very static and simplistic view of a very dynamic and complex system? You find yourself being wrong almost all the time.

income-quintile2-12.gif

1%er Warns Fellow Plutocrats Neoliberalism Will Lead to Violent Class Revolution

Though Charles and David Koch may be grabbing the headlines promoting a 1% neo-feudal agenda, not everyone in the upper echelons of the American plutocracy is on board. Nick Hanauer, a super rich venture capitalist, recently wrote a piece condemning neoliberalism – often called “trickle-down economics” – saying the current economic system is not only unfair and causing resentment but counter-productive to a thriving middle class saying “These idiotic trickle-down policies are destroying my customer base.”

1 er Warns Fellow Plutocrats Neoliberalism Will Lead To Violent Class Revolution FDL News Desk

You are confused by the term "average" salary. Average does not mean top or bottom, it means top, bottom, and middle all added together then divide by the number of people. For example half of all electricians and plumbers make more than the other half. Making 35 an hour is a very easy thing for an electrician or plumber to achieve. Guess how many electricians and plumbers there are?

FYI:
100 Top Entrepreneurs Who Succeeded Without A College Degree

"Making 35 an hour is a very easy thing for an electrician or plumber to achieve. Guess how many electricians and plumbers there are?"

LOL

The average rate for a Plumber is $19.99 per hour

Hourly Rate $13.39 - $33.16

Plumber Salary United States

I KNOW GUYS 10-25 YEARS IN TRADES IN MONTEREY, MAKING LESS THAN JOURNEY MADE 30+ YEARS AGO. NONE I KNOW IN MY AREA MAKE $30 AN HOUR. NONE

Plumbers, electricians, plasters, carpenters, etc. VERY heavy into the building trades Bubba, what other lie do you have?

Yada Yada Yada... you fucktards are getting a TON of mileage out of that OP-ED, aren't you?

The Truth is that the Democrats only had a filibuster-proof majority for 60 working days during that period...

Which happens to be 60 more fucking days than Republicans have EVER had a filibuster-proof majority in the entire history of Congress! It also happens to be the third time in history the Democrats have had a filibuster-proof majority, which is three times more than the Republicans have had.

Got it, so you don't refute the FACT that the Dems had a super majority for less than 60 days, AS the Dubya/GOP economy was imploding...BLAH BLAH BLAHH...

I don't need to refute anything, ass munch. All you're little op-ed does is WHINE because you only had a supermajority for 60 days... Oh boo-fucking-hoo!! Republicans have NEVER had a supermajority... N-E-V-E-R!

Got it, skippy?

Now, in spite of you having full control of both houses and the white house for two years, and and pretty much 'parliamentary' control of Congress for the past 6 years with a Democrat president, and a sobbing Johnny Boehner... with all the thousands of pages of new regulations and burdens you've placed on businesses and the so-called "rich people" you're at war with... all the breathless rhetoric... all the copy-n-paste op-eds... getting rid of those terrible Bush Tax Cuts... There are twice as many billionaires as before you started!

Looks like your anti-capitalist war on the rich is only causing the rich to get richer!

Got it, your premise, 'war on the rich' is jut bloviating and the GOP had ConservaDems support where the GOP has refused to help US for near 6 years!

LMAO... Hey, not OUR fault... We only had a supermajority for 0 Days!! LMFAOoooo!

While these are in fact requirements of some high-figure salaries, they aren't a prerequisite for all of them.

What many workers don't know is that there are numerous jobs that pay well above the average full-time worker's salary of $33,634* -- that don't require a Ph.D. or at least 10 years experience.

That's not to say that the following positions are easy to come by -- like any position, no matter what the salary, you do have some qualifications to score the job.

To help you figure out your options, we came up with a list of 15 jobs that earn in the $70,000 range and are expected to increase in demand between now and 2016.

They require various levels of experience and education so take a peek and see if there's something for you:

Don't Miss

First-line supervisor/manager of police and detectivesAnnual median income: $72,620

Administrative law judges, adjudicators, and hearing officerAnnual median income: $74,170

Look at those 70k jobs I found. Now how many of those jobs do not require college degrees?

The total projected number of those jobs is 2,768,000. And 2.1 million of those jobs were in one field.

So tell me again how many million and million of jobs there are out there paying 70k to a high school graduate.
Tell me who ever said there were millions and millions of any job out there?

All I asked is why you idiots think that only a job that pay millions a year is your yardstick for achievement? And why do you think everyone has to work for someone else?

The simple fact is no one is stopping you from getting a job that pays more except you.

No one is keeping you poor. No one is holding you down.

So stop fucking whining already

Got it, skippy?

LMAO... Hey, not OUR fault... We only had a supermajority for 0 Days!! LMFAOoooo!

Got it, YOU are never honest. I gave you the link to 375 bills passed in the Dem House 2009-2010 but stopped BECAUSE of GOP in the Senate. Weird right?

List of bills Dems stopped under Dubya? lol

I love this! Your charts show that George W. Bush was more effective in the War on the Rich than anyone since the war began. Maybe you guys should see if Bush wants to run as a Democrat?

True, his ponzi scheme (home ownership society without regulators) and tax cuts for the 'job creators' worked wonders for the 'rich' right? Oh yeah, he lost 1,000,000+ PRIVATE sector jobs in his 8 years of GOP 'job creator' policies

Don't Miss

Tell me who ever said there were millions and millions of any job out there?

All I asked is why you idiots think that only a job that pay millions a year is your yardstick for achievement? And why do you think everyone has to work for someone else?

The simple fact is no one is stopping you from getting a job that pays more except you.

So stop fucking whining already

Neo-Liberalism/Conservatives is/has destroyed the American Economy in favor of the so called "Job Creator"... In reality are "Job Exporters"...

"We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both." - Louis D. Brandeis

"The only orthodox object of the institution of government is to secure the greatest degree of happiness possible to the general mass of those associated under it."
Thomas Jefferson

Which is where this discussion started. High school grads.[/QUOTE]
Tell me who ever said there were millions and millions of any job out there? (rkm said it)

So stop fucking whining already[/QUOTE]

What the fuck are you going on about there skull? Just because you make yourself look stupid doesn't mean that I am poor. Why you would think that is another example of your fucked up thinking.

Me and you are middle class. Maybe upper middle. But after looking at personal financials for 18 years writing mortgage loans, I'll put my "poor persons net worth" against most anybody in that middle range. Paid for rentals helps a lot in net worth and income. Sch E. is my friend.

And you should see how much my computer whiz wife makes. Don't worry. We won't take any of your money for our upkeep.

We be poor but we be stubborn about "getting by" on our own. LMAO. Right from the middle.

ps there skull. your buddy rkm was the one claimed millions of jobs were out there. You should try reading some of the shit he writes.

And I only have one job now but I worked 2 or 3 at a time in order to get where I am rather than whining about all the imaginary people keeping me down.
Saying, ". . . . to get where I am. . ." is a rather empty declaration without some supportive reference, such as where you are, and in comparison to what.

Are you the president of a major corporation? A mortgage banker? A university professor?

Where have your efforts taken you?

Forum List

Back