Warren is heartless to those who save for college

Bull Shit
Oh?

How much history is required for any degree? Zero. Even history majors don’t have to take American history.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-history-its-possible-at-these-top-colleges/
There are other histories other than America
You didn’t read the link.

They told those majoring in AMERICAN HISTORY they do not need to study AMERICAN HISTORY
Sorry but that sounds just stupid
I don’t believe it for a minute
Here are liberal arts colleges, according to the survey, that do not require history majors to take U.S. history:

• Williams
  • Amherst
  • Swarthmore
  • Bowdoin
  • Pomona
  • Wellesley
  • Carleton
  • Davidson
  • Haverford
  • Vassar
  • Harvey Mudd
  • Smith
  • Washington and Lee
  • Wesleyan
  • Colby
  • Grinnell
  • Macalester
  • Oberlin
  • Bates
  • Bryn Mawr
  • Kenyon
Here are national universities, according to the survey, that do not require history majors to take U.S. history:

• Harvard
  • Yale
  • Stanford
  • University of Chicago
  • Massachusetts Institute of Technology
  • Duke
  • University of Pennsylvania
  • California Institute of Technology
  • Johns Hopkins
  • Dartmouth
  • Northwestern
  • Brown
  • Cornell
  • Vanderbilt
  • Washington University in St. Louis
  • Rice
  • Notre Dame
  • Emory
  • Georgetown
  • Carnegie Mellon
  • University of Southern California
  • University of Michigan
  • University of North Carolina
  • University of California-Santa Barbara
  • UC-Irvine
  • UC-San Diego
  • UC-Davis
  • University of Wisconsin
  • Ohio State
  • University of Washington
  • University of Maryland
  • University of Minnesota

• No U.S. History? How College History Departments Leave the United States out of the Major | Bachelor Of Arts | Curriculum

Again, there are other histories other than the US. It’s a wide, wide world
How many US History majors do we need?

For example, what "fluff" courses are required in college?
CUNY requires Africana Studies.

For all majors? Do all colleges require Africana Studies?
Most, not all.

Show us your reliable source and working link, please.
Simple...Do a search for Brooklyn or Queens College.
Some colleges, such as Baruch, which specialize in Finance these requisites, but the rest are considered Liberal Arts colleges and have bullshit requisites.
Such as Urban Development for minority neighborhoods.
Ever hear of HUD?

CUNY requires Africana Studies.

Most, not all.

Some colleges, such as Baruch, which specialize in Finance these requisites, but the rest are considered Liberal Arts colleges and have bullshit requisites.
Ever hear of HUD?
The question is...is the Professor right that Slums are Slums because White Man Bad?
That’s no joke.

Most, not all.

Ever hear of HUD?
The question is...is the Professor right that Slums are Slums because White Man Bad?
That’s no joke.
Show me what you are talking about

Most, not all.

Ever hear of HUD?
That’s no joke.
You want a student to video a class and get an “F”?

Your engineer will be more valuable if he speaks the language of your customer. He is more valuable if he has good speaking and writing skills, he is more valuable if he understands global dynamics and history, he is more valuable if he is more than a math and science geek.

Sure he is. If he's engineer that knows few languages, has good speaking and writing skills, and understand global dynamics and history... great. But he doesn't take all those classes when he gets his degree, he takes only one, a bullshit filler, that is required to get degree. So you get engineer that speaks Portuguese (cause thats what he chose as filler), with no college writing or speaking skills, with no knowledge in history (that I as employer couldn't care less). Or you get and engineer that knows no foreign language, no college speaking or writing skills, but he knows everything about Greek art (because that's what he chose as filler).
It is why colleges require a more rounded education.
Nobody wants to hire a one dimensional geek
Colleges require no rounded education anymore. Unless you’re talking about guys using the girls toilet.
Bull Shit
Oh?

How much history is required for any degree? Zero. Even history majors don’t have to take American history.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...s-history-its-possible-at-these-top-colleges/

I wish I could say I'm surprised but I'm not.

Far-left schools, such as are in the headline, do not want students to learn our history. If our youth studied our American History for one semester, Declaration of Independence and the U.S Constitution for one semester each and then WW-I and WW-II for one semester they would not be susceptible to the indoctrination Liberals are forcing down their throats and screwing up the first ten years of their lives.

It's not. But, when faced with the alternative, they will probably think it is better than nothing. Eventually Democrats will be in control again. Power switches back and forth. When that time comes, the Dem base will expect student loan forgiveness, and will have no choice but to deliver.

The Democrat Party is in the process of self-destruction. They have skewed themselves so far to the Let that the base doesn't know their own party. This impeachment hoax vividly demonstrates their desperation. Their corruption and fraud are finally being exposed.

Can you imagine any of the multitudes of candidates saying this today?

JFK-X2.jpg

Kennedy_zpsio3papty-S.jpg

I thought I covered that.

Making loans more difficult to qualify for and lowering the loan amounts, reduces the demand for classes. Fewer students, the tuition goes down in order to maintain the quantity.

Making loans more difficult to qualify for and lowering the loan amounts, reduces the demand for bullshit classes. I fixed that for you

There will be no fewer students, because student not required to take bullshit classes as fillers that are practically just job security for un-needed professors, will take classes that are will help them in their life. There will be fewer, but professors that are not needed anymore to suck out from student's college tuition.Classes that students wont attend would be cancelled, based on supply and demand.

I think you'll see that I agreed that the cost of tuition is too high because the money is too easy to come by.

Who made that possible?

I don't have an idea on how to slow down the rate of construction at all colleges and universities. I can't imagine all these buildings are going to be necessary 20 years from now. Brick and mortar retail stores are closing by the thousand, can universities be far behind.
No need to slow it down, once colleges realize they wont get easy money and online courses become new normal, they'll stop building.

For example, what "fluff" courses are required in college?

There are plenty.

From my daughter university website.

"All students must complete 40 credits of general education, including at least one course (of three or more credits) from the list of approved courses offered in each of the following 10 areas: Writing Foundations and Formal Reasoning (F.1 - F.2), Arts, Foreign Language and Culture, Global Perspectives, Literature, Natural Science and Technology, Social Science, Western Civilization (E.1 - E.7), and Knowledge Applications (I.1). Note that courses in these knowledge areas may not double count with each other."

It doesn't matter that her major is computer science, she has to take "fillers" to satisfy requirement.

Most of filers are on "first come first serve basis, so if "learning how to learn" (I'm not shitting you, that's the class name) class is full, you chose some of few dozen others, like: "media and social identity", or "human sexuality", or "laughter as therapeutic modality"... to name a few.
Without the fillers you list many worthless professors would not have a job and would face a grim existence working at Starbucks
Why would you object to courses like writing, foreign language, literature, science, social science?
In countries with more advanced education systems those necessities are covered in K-12

imagine future lib snowflakes arriving at college without anything in their skulls except for acceptance of sexual deviates and a mortal fear of global warming
You failed to answer the question

Why would you object to those courses as college electives?
I object to a bad system that miseducates children and later young people

the rage and intolerance for opinions we see on college campuses today is an outgrowth of our liberal but vacuous society led by liberal academia

Now all the left can do is promise to make free what is practically worthless to begin with

Ever hear of HUD?
That’s no joke.
Still don’t know what you are talking about...have a link?

There are plenty.

From my daughter university website.

"All students must complete 40 credits of general education, including at least one course (of three or more credits) from the list of approved courses offered in each of the following 10 areas: Writing Foundations and Formal Reasoning (F.1 - F.2), Arts, Foreign Language and Culture, Global Perspectives, Literature, Natural Science and Technology, Social Science, Western Civilization (E.1 - E.7), and Knowledge Applications (I.1). Note that courses in these knowledge areas may not double count with each other."

It doesn't matter that her major is computer science, she has to take "fillers" to satisfy requirement.

Most of filers are on "first come first serve basis, so if "learning how to learn" (I'm not shitting you, that's the class name) class is full, you chose some of few dozen others, like: "media and social identity", or "human sexuality", or "laughter as therapeutic modality"... to name a few.
Without the fillers you list many worthless professors would not have a job and would face a grim existence working at Starbucks
Why would you object to courses like writing, foreign language, literature, science, social science?
In countries with more advanced education systems those necessities are covered in K-12

imagine future lib snowflakes arriving at college without anything in their skulls except for acceptance of sexual deviates and a mortal fear of global warming

the rage and intolerance for opinions we see on college campuses today is an outgrowth of our liberal but vacuous society led by liberal academia

Now all the left can do is promise to make free what is practically worthless to begin with
Miseducate?

Making loans more difficult to qualify for and lowering the loan amounts, reduces the demand for classes. Fewer students, the tuition goes down in order to maintain the quantity.

Making loans more difficult to qualify for and lowering the loan amounts, reduces the demand for bullshit classes. I fixed that for you

There will be no fewer students, because student not required to take bullshit classes as fillers that are practically just job security for un-needed professors, will take classes that are will help them in their life. There will be fewer, but professors that are not needed anymore to suck out from student's college tuition.Classes that students wont attend would be cancelled, based on supply and demand.

I think you'll see that I agreed that the cost of tuition is too high because the money is too easy to come by.

Who made that possible?

I don't have an idea on how to slow down the rate of construction at all colleges and universities. I can't imagine all these buildings are going to be necessary 20 years from now. Brick and mortar retail stores are closing by the thousand, can universities be far behind.
No need to slow it down, once colleges realize they wont get easy money and online courses become new normal, they'll stop building.
So making less money available to students who suffer financially will somehow help them?

More nonsense about students taking worthless courses

Who made that possible?

So making less money available to students who suffer financially will somehow help them?

How did you get to that? Neither Markle or I said anything like that.

Easy on xanny, pall.

It's not. But, when faced with the alternative, they will probably think it is better than nothing. Eventually Democrats will be in control again. Power switches back and forth. When that time comes, the Dem base will expect student loan forgiveness, and will have no choice but to deliver.

The Democrat Party is in the process of self-destruction. They have skewed themselves so far to the Let that the base doesn't know their own party. This impeachment hoax vividly demonstrates their desperation. Their corruption and fraud are finally being exposed.

Can you imagine any of the multitudes of candidates saying this today?

JFK-X2.jpg

Kennedy_zpsio3papty-S.jpg
Ummm...JFK cut the top tax rate down to 70 percent

As a true Democrat, I’m willing to accept JFKs tax rate
Are you?

Who made that possible?

Easy on xanny, pall.

“Making loans more difficult to qualify for and lowering the loan amounts, reduces the demand for classes. Fewer students, the tuition goes down in order to maintain the quantity.”

So squeezing out poorer students hoping for a market correction makes sense to you?

Ever hear of HUD?
That’s no joke.
Still don’t know what you are talking about...have a link?
A link to college requirements?
You not allowed to go to any site but here?

Who made that possible?

Easy on xanny, pall.

“Making loans more difficult to qualify for and lowering the loan amounts, reduces the demand for classes. Fewer students, the tuition goes down in order to maintain the quantity.”

So squeezing out poorer students hoping for a market correction makes sense to you?

That's not my quote. It's Markle's.

I made my own comment to his quote.

Who made that possible?

Easy on xanny, pall.

That's not my quote. It's Markle's.

I made my own comment to his quote.
Neither Markle or I.......

How about if the colleges cut costs on their administration and overhead costs? Look at some of these buildings they are housed in. Must cost a FORTUNE in maintenance. Then we have to look at how much they pay their staff, and are all of the staff members that they necessary? A lot of these college professors probably make a lot more than they are actually worth too. But then you have to think about the consequences of cutting pay. It's a complicated situation with no easy answers. I know the conservatives are going to not like it, but I think college should be way more affordable than it is. All of our kids deserve to have a great education, regardless of their financial situation. What we DO need to do is to stop catering to illegal immigrants and offering them free tuition. That could probably cut some costs.

Miseducate?
Yes, as in take their money and leave them ill prepared to meet the challenges of life

Forum List

Back