Was his office "bugged"?

The point is, McConnels' folks were talking about a campaign to slander this woman if she dared to run on her religion, relationships, etc. It was kind of scuzzy and McConnel never said once, "Hey, that's not the kind of campaign I want to run! We'll stick to the issues!"

New rule, Repugnuts--- if you are going to act like douchebags, assume that someone is probably going to record you doing it.

It was like you learned nothing from the whole Romney 47% thing.

What crap. They weren't going to "slander" anyone. They were going to talk about things in her autobiography (which she wrote about herself) and if she didn't want such things discussed, she shouldn't have reitten about herse.f.

New rules: Never quote back to liberals their own words. That's just not fair.

47%ers Rings a bell. I don't remember why.

FYI, Ashley Judd wouid never pass Obama's Universal background checks.

If she weren't a token candidate and never meant to run she would be perfect. She's a woman, a liberal wacko, and she's mentally incompitent.
Yup.
She's perfect.

McConnell didn't do anything wrong.

If only more of this kind of research had been done on Obama and if only Republicans weren't too afraid to use it.

If only the press acted the way they should with respect to Democrat candidates.

(Given that the story is in Mother Jones) Occam's Razor: whoever did it is a moonbat.

Somehow the office was bugged. Mother Jones was attempting to use the tape of McConnell against him. Mother Jones reportedly got ahold of the tape from a source and was trying to smear McConnell with it because they were discussing his opponent's mental health issues.

This is an example of somebody breaking the law and liberals trying to capitalize on it whichever way the story pans out. This is gutter politics of the worst kind. I think charges should be brought against Mother Jones for slander and they should be ordered to reveal their source because the tape was obtained illegally from somebody with criminal intent.

^says the guy who defended James O'Keefe trying to bug a US Senator's office

HE was arrested on the premises, and had no eaves dropping equipment. I am pretty sure that proves he wasn't trying to bug anything, which is why he was never charged with that.

what if it turns out to be someone he doesnt want in trouble?

This is going to be real fun

What if it turns out his office was bugged?

So what?

Or maybe someone just left the record feature on his cell phone.

The point is, McConnels' folks were talking about a campaign to slander this woman if she dared to run on her religion, relationships, etc. It was kind of scuzzy and McConnel never said once, "Hey, that's not the kind of campaign I want to run! We'll stick to the issues!"

New rule, Repugnuts--- if you are going to act like douchebags, assume that someone is probably going to record you doing it.

What slander? Was anything they brought up not true? Does she no oppose coal and support Obama? Did she not openly talk about her bouts of depression in her autobiography?

God bless a free press.

Sorry if Mitch doesn't like it.

The free press is one thing, secretly recording people without their knowledge is quite another. But you already knew that.

[

Herman Cain.... Newt Gingrich... Clarence Thomas. Want more?

Okay, let's look at those cases.

Cain- kind of created his own mess, didn't he? Those women came out on him.

Newt's problem wasn't his affairs, it was his hypocrisy. Always was. Trying to impeach a guy while cheating yourself is just bad form, isn't it? And personally, I like Newt. Smart guy. Would have held his own in a debate with Obama.

Clarance Thomas, I'm a bit conflicted on because I didn't believe Anita Hill. (If he was such a bad boss, why go work for him a second time?)

Incidently, none of these guys were challenged on this in general elections by their opponents.

This is what McConnel's was trying to do...

What crap. They weren't going to "slander" anyone. They were going to talk about things in her autobiography (which she wrote about herself) and if she didn't want such things discussed, she shouldn't have reitten about herse.f.

how is the fact she has the same human problems we all have relevent?

what if it turns out to be someone he doesnt want in trouble?

This is going to be real fun

So what?

So what??!! If the information was garnered illegally then you're okay with it because......... Why?

So what?

So what??!! If the information was garnered illegally then you're okay with it because......... Why?

Maybe because I don't like my elected officials keeping secrets from me...

If McConnell were a private citizen, yeah, he'd have a valid complaint.

Look, all McConnell did here was expose himself as a vile, nasty man. But he's a guy who'd wreck the economy rather than work with the elected president, so we kind of knew that.

How is the fact that you lied relevant?

So what?

Look, all McConnell did here was expose himself as a vile, nasty man. But he's a guy who'd wreck the economy rather than work with the elected president, so we kind of knew that.

You don't seem upset that Obama is keeping secrets, is that because he is black?

So what?

Yeah, that's what he did. Sure.

A flake was considering tossing her hat in the ring and she would have had a lot of support if she did. The Republicans were having a perfectly reasonable and responsible strategy meeting which involved discussions of said flake.

Someone recorded it, presumably breaking the law.

I didn't hear the whole thing but in what I did hear, McConnell sounded just fine. And I hope he'll survive to serve for years to come.

So what?

So you don't have a problem with people violating federal law as long as the results justify you concept of means........ Got it.
By the way, what makes you think any politician doesn't play the same game? I mean, honestly, you're not that gullible..... are you?
Also, what makes you think it's the elected president who isn't working with the opposition other than via partisan justification? :dunno:

I was watching the news as the story broke. The obvious question was posed. The answer was that Mother Jones had vetted the source and researched the laws and all relevant information and determined that the recording is legal.

Considering the amount of trouble Mother Jones could get into for this, I believe that they did in fact make sure they could run the story legally.

How is the fact that you lied relevant?

Crazy person, the fact is, no one is upset that McConnel got bugged.

He just outed himself as a really bad person- again. It's funny as shit to watch this guy squirm.

[

So you don't have a problem with people violating federal law as long as the results justify you concept of means........ Got it.
By the way, what makes you think any politician doesn't play the same game? I mean, honestly, you're not that gullible..... are you?
Also, what makes you think it's the elected president who isn't working with the opposition other than via partisan justification? :dunno:

No, I don't think all politicians get into that level of scum.

There was a whole shitload of stuff Obama could have gotten into about the things the Weird Mormon Robot did, and Obama mostly didn't touch that stuff.

Obama didn't talk about Mormonism once. McConnel's boys openly talked about going after Judd's religion.

As far as who is working with who, what I remember is Obama tried for MONTHS to get at least one Republican to sign onto the ACA, bargained away a lot of components and got nothing in return. The same with the budget, the same with immigration reform, the same with just about every issue.

And it's not because McConnel is taking a principled stand. It's because the teabaggers have his nuts in a lockbox.

Forum List

Back