Was John Wilkes Booth right to shoot Lincoln?

As you pointed out- it is settled law.
AFTER THE FACT
Try again?

Yeah- after the fact- it is settled law now.

They violated the U.S. Constitution every bit as much as Lincoln did.

The difference of course is that Lincoln did it to protect the United States- while the Confederates did it to protect the right to own slaves.
AGAIN explain how they violated our COTUS. a later interpretation is about the most desperate thing I have ever heard of.

Already explained- your lack of reading comprehension is not my problem.
Your revisionist bullshit IS your problem, hombre.

Hell, I am happy that the United States stayed together and that the illegal and unconstitutional slave country the rebels tried to establish failed.

Works for me just fine.

AFTER THE FACT
Try again?

The difference of course is that Lincoln did it to protect the United States- while the Confederates did it to protect the right to own slaves.
AGAIN explain how they violated our COTUS. a later interpretation is about the most desperate thing I have ever heard of.

Hell, I am happy that the United States stayed together and that the illegal and unconstitutional slave country the rebels tried to establish failed.

Works for me just fine.
I am glad slavery ended. I just didn't like how it got accomplished. America got created with a system of checks and balances for a reason.

Texas Vs White is the ruling that laid out the "states cant secede" business. That was in 1867. Try again?

AFTER THE FACT
Try again?

Whether it was to keep slaves or to where pink shoes is irrelevant. They fought to be their own country. THAT is what Lincoln couldn't allow. He didn't give a shit about slavery

Actually Lincoln was opposed to slavery- the record shows he was always opposed to slavery. However, he put the unity of our country ahead of his personal beliefs and was more than willing to allow slavery to continue to preserve the Union.

But the Confederate States unconstitutionally seceded in order to protect their 'rights' to own slaves- and Lincoln violated the Constitution to preserve the Union- which resulted in the emancipation of slaves.
Southern. You left out the word Southern. He emancipated Southern slaves

AFTER THE FACT
Try again?

Works for me just fine.
I can go along with that :thup:

AFTER THE FACT
Try again?

Whether it was to keep slaves or to where pink shoes is irrelevant. They fought to be their own country. THAT is what Lincoln couldn't allow. He didn't give a shit about slavery

Actually Lincoln was opposed to slavery- the record shows he was always opposed to slavery. However, he put the unity of our country ahead of his personal beliefs and was more than willing to allow slavery to continue to preserve the Union.

But the Confederate States unconstitutionally seceded in order to protect their 'rights' to own slaves- and Lincoln violated the Constitution to preserve the Union- which resulted in the emancipation of slaves.
The EP was a PR stunt. That's it

So show us where the constitution bans secession!!!

[

That's the same "logic" lynch mobs use. THINK

Legally and ethically its ok to kill a man who is not an immediate threat and is off the battle field engaging in a leisure activity in the public? Dude.....shhhhhhut the fuck up already. We get it, you dont like black people.
Well GT you are just as stupid today as every day. The military leader is ALWAYS a prime target no matter where he is or what he is doing.

And the fact that insane neoconfederate insurrectionists think its ok to assassinate a president should get you freaks banned. Seriously. Go back to stormfront where you belong

Yup - Lincoln could have freed the 400,000 slaves in the Union states that still practiced slavery. But he didn't. He stated in the EP that it only freed slaves in the confederacy - a country he had no control over!! The EP accomplished nothing.

AFTER THE FACT
Try again?

*shakes head*

And the fact that insane neoconfederate insurrectionists think its ok to assassinate a president should get you freaks banned. Seriously. Go back to stormfront where you belong

HAHAHA. The board notes that we have reduced you to childish namecalling. Even a dunce like you realizes that during war, the leader of your enemy is fair game.

Section. 10.

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility

Section. 10.

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility

So? The constitution still does not ban secession. A state can leave the union and then, of course, the constitution is not binding on them and they are free to join up with other states who have likewise seceded.

Section. 10.

So? The constitution still does not ban secession. A state can leave the union and then, of course, the constitution is not binding on them and they are free to join up with other states who have likewise seceded.
Of course the Constitution is binding on states. The Constitution is a compact to which those states were a party of through ratification. Both the federal government and the states shared concurrent jurisdiction which required agreement by both parties (federal & state) to agree to let a state out of the union. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land; states no more get to disregard it than you get to disregard the law. If states had the option to bail, there would be no United States of America.

The Civil War was not quite over when lincoln was shot and since L was commander in chief of the Union army, he was certainly a legitimate military target.

Lincoln started the war that killed 600,000 americans and if he had lived he'd have likely started another war, maybe with canada or england.

Both legally and ethically, JWB was in the right.
He spit on his shoe. What did Lincoln expect for paybacks, a puppy?

Section. 10.

Until found otherwise its not legal to secede from the union. Suck it up cave chimp and deal with it.

Secession in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Chase, [Chief Justice], ruled in favor of Texas on the ground that the Confederate state government in Texas had no legal existence on the basis that the secession of Texas from the United States was illegal. The critical finding underpinning the ruling that Texas could not secede from the United States was that, following its admission to the United States in 1845, Texas had become part of "an indestructible Union, composed of indestructible states." In practical terms, this meant that Texas has never seceded from the United States"

If the dirt bag JWB had not killed Lincoln then there would be no issue about reparations. It was only after Lincoln was killed the cave chimp Johnson took back the land given to the ex enslaved and gave it right back to the loser confederates.

Last edited:
[
Of course the Constitution is binding on states. The Constitution is a compact to which those states were a party of through ratification. Both the federal government and the states shared concurrent jurisdiction which required agreement by both parties (federal & state) to agree to let a state out of the union. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land; states no more get to disregard it than you get to disregard the law. If states had the option to bail, there would be no United States of America.

So again the board asks you. Where does the constitution ban secession? I hope you realize that america was FOUNDED on secession. The 13 original states seceded from england. I have no doubt the founding fathers regarded the right to secede as obvious. THINK

Forum List

Back