Was John Wilkes Booth right to shoot Lincoln?

[
Of course the Constitution is binding on states. The Constitution is a compact to which those states were a party of through ratification. Both the federal government and the states shared concurrent jurisdiction which required agreement by both parties (federal & state) to agree to let a state out of the union. The Constitution is the supreme law of the land; states no more get to disregard it than you get to disregard the law. If states had the option to bail, there would be no United States of America.

So again the board asks you. Where does the constitution ban secession? I hope you realize that america was FOUNDED on secession. The 13 original states seceded from england. I have no doubt the founding fathers regarded the right to secede as obvious. THINK
You've been shown where. Understanding it is up to you.

Legally and ethically its ok to kill a man who is not an immediate threat and is off the battle field engaging in a leisure activity in the public? Dude.....shhhhhhut the fuck up already. We get it, you dont like black people.
Well GT you are just as stupid today as every day. The military leader is ALWAYS a prime target no matter where he is or what he is doing.

And the fact that insane neoconfederate insurrectionists think its ok to assassinate a president should get you freaks banned. Seriously. Go back to stormfront where you belong
Here is you a good question to answer. What do we usually do to dictators? I have read material about how many celebrated the totalitarians death. Hell, the reason TN even joined the confederates was because of how shitty Lincoln was.

Legally and ethically its ok to kill a man who is not an immediate threat and is off the battle field engaging in a leisure activity in the public? Dude.....shhhhhhut the fuck up already. We get it, you dont like black people.
Well GT you are just as stupid today as every day. The military leader is ALWAYS a prime target no matter where he is or what he is doing.

And the fact that insane neoconfederate insurrectionists think its ok to assassinate a president should get you freaks banned. Seriously. Go back to stormfront where you belong
Here is you a good question to answer. What do we usually do to dictators? I have read material about how many celebrated the totalitarians death. Hell, the reason TN even joined the confederates was because of how shitty Lincoln was.

Lincoln wasn't a dictator.

so no, i won't address the neoconfederate insurrectionist still wishing for slavery mantra

so no, i won't address the neoconfederate insurrectionist still wishing for slavery mantra
LOL even though he pleaded with Congress to cover all of his ALREADY DONE unconstitutional actions?
Nobody wishes for slavery, that I am aware of. Its just the point of the way he did it.

]

No question lincoln was a tyrant. If nothing else, booth got that right.

[

HAHAHA Is that a joke post? Lincoln shut down 300 northern newspapers for opposing the war and threw 15,000 northern civilians in prison without charges for opposing the war.

As you pointed out- it is settled law.
AFTER THE FACT
Try again?

Yeah- after the fact- it is settled law now.

They violated the U.S. Constitution every bit as much as Lincoln did.

The difference of course is that Lincoln did it to protect the United States- while the Confederates did it to protect the right to own slaves.
Whether it was to keep slaves or to where pink shoes is irrelevant. They fought to be their own country. THAT is what Lincoln couldn't allow. He didn't give a shit about slavery

Actually Lincoln was opposed to slavery- the record shows he was always opposed to slavery. However, he put the unity of our country ahead of his personal beliefs and was more than willing to allow slavery to continue to preserve the Union.

But the Confederate States unconstitutionally seceded in order to protect their 'rights' to own slaves- and Lincoln violated the Constitution to preserve the Union- which resulted in the emancipation of slaves.
Southern. You left out the word Southern. He emancipated Southern slaves

As I said:

Actually Lincoln was opposed to slavery- the record shows he was always opposed to slavery. However, he put the unity of our country ahead of his personal beliefs and was more than willing to allow slavery to continue to preserve the Union.

But the Confederate States unconstitutionally seceded in order to protect their 'rights' to own slaves- and Lincoln violated the Constitution to preserve the Union- which resulted in the emancipation of slaves.

The Emancipation Proclamation resulted in the eventual emancipation of the majority of slave in the Confederate States at the time of the Proclamation- but there were exceptions- and did not affect the Southern States like Maryland and Missouri which had not rebelled- and couldn't- Lincoln did not have the authority to free slaves in non-rebellious states.

However, preserving the Union- the United States did directly result in the emancipation of all slaves in the United States.

[
Hell, I am happy that the United States stayed together and that the illegal and unconstitutional slave country the rebels tried to establish failed.

That's the same "logic" lynch mobs use. THINK

LOL- I still get a chuckle everytime you abuse the word 'think'

Hell, I am happy that the United States stayed together and that the illegal and unconstitutional slave country the rebels tried to establish failed.

And people like yourself are still pissed off that slavery ended.

[

"that the illegal and unconstitutional slave country the rebels tried to establish failed."
How was it illegal and unconstitutional? Hopefully you dont say the same thing as yesterday :thup:

]Southern. You left out the word Southern. He emancipated Southern slaves

And the South was another country so the EP had no force there. The EP did nothing.

'The South' was a region- not another country. The Confederacy was a group of rebellious states- and the Emancipation Proclamation eventually freed almost every slave in the Confederacy.

And by starting the war to preserve their rights to own slaves, Confederates lost them all.

Delicious irony.

[

"that the illegal and unconstitutional slave country the rebels tried to establish failed."
How was it illegal and unconstitutional? Hopefully you dont say the same thing as yesterday :thup:

No- you can refer to my posts from yesterday to see my response.

Meanwhile- thanks to Lincoln's actions- the United States was preserved- and slavery ended in the rebellious slave states.

[

No- you can refer to my posts from yesterday to see my response.

Meanwhile- thanks to Lincoln's actions- the United States was preserved- and slavery ended in the rebellious slave states.
You mean that it was made unconstitutional AFTER the fact? So, I have observed you WANT to be ignorant. Not something to be proud of..

[

Article. I.

Section. 10.

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision and Controul of the Congress.

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

[

Article. I.

Section. 10.

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws: and the net Produce of all Duties and Imposts, laid by any State on Imports or Exports, shall be for the Use of the Treasury of the United States; and all such Laws shall be subject to the Revision and Controul of the Congress.

No State shall, without the Consent of Congress, lay any Duty of Tonnage, keep Troops, or Ships of War in time of Peace, enter into any Agreement or Compact with another State, or with a foreign Power, or engage in War, unless actually invaded, or in such imminent Danger as will not admit of delay.

That was made AFTER the civil war :thup:

[

Article. I.

Section. 10.

Ok, this might just be the dumbest comment yet in this thread. :eusa_doh:

Yo, dumbfuck.... that's from the U.S. Constitution ... ratified by the states long before the Civil war.

1233796371590.gif

Article. I.

Section. 10.

Yo, dumbfuck.... that's from the U.S. Constitution ... ratified by the states long before the Civil war.

1233796371590.gif
The contract clause was written in 1867, dumbfuck

What kind of retard asks if it was alright to assassinate a sitting President?

[
And by starting the war to preserve their rights to own slaves, Confederates lost them all.

HAHAHA. Another idiot lib saying the civil war was about slavery!!! So why did the north have 4 slave states of its own?

Article. I.

Section. 10.

1233796371590.gif
The contract clause was written in 1867, dumbfuck
Holyfuckingshit! :eusa_doh:

This just goes to show how retarded secession apologists are.

Dumbfuck... additions to the original Constitution come in the form of amendments. Do I need to also teach you what "amendment" means? The contract clause is part of the original Constitution, Article I, section 10.

Here, see for yourself...

slurp_file.php

Forum List

Back