Was The Iraq War All About Oil?

Here's a chance fro the left to show how truly stupid and dysfunctional they are. Many commentators have written that "of course the war was primarily about getting Iraqi oil." (Go Google it if you dnt believe me).
Do you agree with that?

If you look at who benefited the most from both Iraq wars, you must conclude that it was "primarily about getting Iraqi oil".

If you think it was about "winning hearts and minds" by spreading freedom dust everywhere, then you're an idiot and a fool.

Gee, who benefitted most? The IRaqi people? Iran? Oil has little to do with it.

I'm sure that pissed off a lot of OPEC countries.
But Iraq invaded over the slant drilling.

I know U.S. media never mentioned this, so I understand the "man-this-one-is-craaaazeee" response. It's OK.

But if you are interested, Google it a bit, grade the sources, think critically, and make up your own mind.

Oil is all they have. Saddam was mad about both the slant drilling and the dropping price. The crisis had been building for months that summer too. President Bush was well aware of it, so many people were shocked when he called it a surprise attack.

He had to pretend that the US was innocent as a lamb all the while they were baiting the Iraq to move in.

Bush Sr sent messages to Saddam encouraging him to attack. He used the Vatican as a cut out. Elvis was in on it too, as was Jim Morrison.

Here's a chance fro the left to show how truly stupid and dysfunctional they are. Many commentators have written that "of course the war was primarily about getting Iraqi oil." (Go Google it if you dnt believe me).
Do you agree with that?

If you look at who benefited the most from both Iraq wars, you must conclude that it was "primarily about getting Iraqi oil".

If you think it was about "winning hearts and minds" by spreading freedom dust everywhere, then you're an idiot and a fool.

The Kurds came out pretty well, Iran doesn't have an enemy next door, Iraq isn't shooting scuds at Israel, the Saudis are happy that Saddam is gone----the list goes on and on.

Do you agree with that?

BS ... the oil companies benefit from war in the mid east ..... Exxon makes 12$ billion a quarter and their CEO's get 400$ million dollar retirement packages. Both Bush and Cheney are ass deep in the oil business. I don't believe in coincidence.

Do you agree with that?

That would require that one assumes everything went as planned. We had no intention of taking Iraq's oil.

That makes going in doubly stupid. If we're going to risk lives, there should be something in it for us.

That would require that one assumes everything went as planned. We had no intention of taking Iraq's oil.

That makes going in doubly stupid. If we're going to risk lives, there should be something in it for us.

Well go ahead and thank Bush and the neocons. They were trying to reshape the entire Mideast and are still in the process of doing so.

The Kurds came out pretty well, Iran doesn't have an enemy next door, Iraq isn't shooting scuds at Israel, the Saudis are happy that Saddam is gone----the list goes on and on.

...as does the casualty list. Are those American families happy and do they think it was worth it?

BS ... the oil companies benefit from war in the mid east ..... Exxon makes 12$ billion a quarter and their CEO's get 400$ million dollar retirement packages. Both Bush and Cheney are ass deep in the oil business. I don't believe in coincidence.

How about killing several birds with one war ?

I dont recall that oil companies had significantly higher earnings during the war than before or after. So it looks like another epic fail on your part.

...as does the casualty list. Are those American families happy and do they think it was worth it?

I never claimed it was a good idea.

Well go ahead and thank Bush and the neocons. They were trying to reshape the entire Mideast and are still in the process of doing so.

Bush is trying to reshape the middle east? Bush hasnt been president or occupied any position for nearly 6 years.

Reshaping the ME isn't what I was talking about. What was in it for us? It sounds like there was something in it for the Iraqis, Iranis, Saudis, Kurds, Israelis, etc. What about us?

Reshaping the ME isn't what I was talking about. What was in it for us? It sounds like there was something in it for the Iraqis, Iranis, Saudis, Kurds, Israelis, etc. What about us?

We got to sacrifice blood for ExxonMobile. What is more rewarding than that?

that makes going in doubly stupid. If we're going to risk lives, there should be something in it for us.

well go ahead and thank bush and the neocons. They were trying to reshape the entire mideast and are still in the process of doing so.

reshaping the me isn't what i was talking about. What was in it for us? It sounds like there was something in it for the iraqis, iranis, saudis, kurds, israelis, etc. What about us?

power and resources

destabilizing an oil producing country leads to speculation, speculation leads to increased oil prices, politicians are like fleas on oil business dogs... follow the money

We got to sacrifice blood for ExxonMobile. What is more rewarding than that?

And Israel too !

well go ahead and thank bush and the neocons. They were trying to reshape the entire mideast and are still in the process of doing so.

reshaping the me isn't what i was talking about. What was in it for us? It sounds like there was something in it for the iraqis, iranis, saudis, kurds, israelis, etc. What about us?

power and resources

How did we gain power and resources by expending a huge amount of ordinance and putting wear and tear on our military stock?

Bush is trying to reshape the middle east? Bush hasnt been president or occupied any position for nearly 6 years.

But we need to keep reminding people whose fault it was that we went in without a definite plan for getting something tangible in return. That situation was like having a police force to ensure our safety, but not paying them for their service. It doesn't make any sense.

destabilizing an oil producing country leads to speculation, speculation leads to increased oil prices, politicians are like fleas on oil business dogs... follow the money
Oil companies did not make significantly more money than before. It's a fail!

But we need to keep reminding people whose fault it was that we went in without a definite plan for getting something tangible in return. That situation was like having a police force to ensure our safety, but not paying them for their service. It doesn't make any sense.

The neocons are

Forum List

Back