Was The Iraq War All About Oil?

If it wasn't about oil, what was the point? ... .

The Point was to remove from power, the world's most prolific promoter of international Islamic Terrorism, particularly as proxy fighters to attack the US, her interests and allies, who was in the post 9-11 paradigm in whole breach of its obligations to the international community and a clear and present danger to the people of the United States.

BS, Iraq had not been involved in international terrorism against the USA since at least 1993. and only supported a small group of fighters inside Palestine as well as a group inside of Iran. Iraq was no threat to the worlds remaining superpower.

Bullshit.
Saddam was a 20 year state sponsor of terrorism. Whom did the US find when they took Baghdad? Saddam had committed numerous and egregious violations of the cease fire agreement and was undermining UN sanctions.
But all of that gets swept down the memory hole.

I think, that Iraq is an indicator. Some kind a large and clear indicator of American foreign policy. 11 years of continuous deaths of our guys. For what? To prevent the terrorist threat to the whole world. Yeah, that's it...But wait, why the US has assumed the duties of world policeman? Awkward question...

Neocons had been wanting to invade Iraq Syria Lebanon Libya for YEARS. Not for oil---not because of terrorism-----not because Saddam was evil. We simply wanted to take the heat off of Israel and hoped the region would stabilize under less radical leadership. ( preferably our puppets ).

Read about Perle, Feith, Cheney, Rumsfeld----It's all there in black and white. "A clean break."

I think, that Iraq is an indicator. Some kind a large and clear indicator of American foreign policy. 11 years of continuous deaths of our guys. For what? To prevent the terrorist threat to the whole world. Yeah, that's it...But wait, why the US has assumed the duties of world policeman? Awkward question...

Neocons had been wanting to invade Iraq Syria Lebanon Libya for YEARS. Not for oil---not because of terrorism-----not because Saddam was evil. We simply wanted to take the heat off of Israel and hoped the region would stabilize under less radical leadership. ( preferably our puppets ).

Read about Perle, Feith, Cheney, Rumsfeld----It's all there in black and white. "A clean break."

Ah yes, the "Israel and its Amen Corner" brand of jew hatred rearing its ugly head.

Ah yes, the "Israel and its Amen Corner" brand of jew hatred rearing its ugly head.

Look who's talking!!! You won't even recognize the Palestinian Arabs as a people. Why do they have any less dominion over the land than a people that have been driven out more than once from territory supposedly given them by God?

If we wanted to get Iraq's oil flowing to world markets all we had to do was lift sanctions.
So that's a fail.

Iraq's oil was nationalize. After the war they were not and multi-national oil companies got contracts to develop them.

And none of those contracts went to American companies.
But so what? If we wanted oil, all we had to do was lift sanctions. The oil would have flowed.

The oil services companies Halliburton, Baker Hughes, Weatherford International and Schlumberger already won lucrative drilling subcontracts and are likely to bid on many more in one of the world’s richest markets for companies that drill oil wells. These days, that is not the oil majors.

Halliburton and Baker Hughes are American, while Schlumberger is based in Paris though its drilling subdivision is headquartered in Houston. Weatherford, though founded in Texas, is now incorporated in Switzerland. “Iraq is a huge opportunity for contractors,” Alex Munton, a Middle East analyst for Wood Mackenzie, a research and consulting firm based in Edinburgh, said by telephone. “There will be an enormous scale of investment.” Mr. Munton estimated roughly half of the expected $150 billion the international majors will spend in capital outlays at Iraqi oil fields over the next decade will go to drilling subcontractors, most of them American.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/15/business/energy-environment/15iht-srerussia15.html?pagewanted=all

The call to remove sanctions on Iraq were met with scorn by the Bush administration.

Oh please---enough of the knee jerk anti Semitism. No one said it was a bad idea or that we shouldn't have done it. It's just the facts, Jack. Iraq was on the neocon list of countries that needed regime change even BEFORE 9/11.

Last edited:
Here's a chance fro the left to show how truly stupid and dysfunctional they are. Many commentators have written that "of course the war was primarily about getting Iraqi oil." (Go Google it if you dnt believe me).
Do you agree with that?

Amen, Rabbi!

If it were about oil, we'd have taken the oil fields.

Oh please---enough of the knee jerk anti Semitism. No one said it was a bad idea or that we shouldn't have done it. It's just the facts, Jack. Iraq was on the neocon list of countries that needed regime change even BEFORE 9/11.

Iraq was on everyone's list as a bad actor going back to the 1980s. That doesnt mean the US did Israel's bidding. That's just jew-hating paranoia.

Iraq was on everyone's list as a bad actor going back to the 1980s. That doesnt mean the US did Israel's bidding. That's just jew-hating paranoia.

IMMEDIATELY following 9/11 the neocons were drawing up plans to invade Iraq. Even before Afghanistan. DOn't believe me....READ for God's sakes. Perle, Feith et al. A Clean Break.

IMMEDIATELY following 9/11 the neocons were drawing up plans to invade Iraq. Even before Afghanistan. DOn't believe me....READ for God's sakes. Perle, Feith et al. A Clean Break.

Yawn. That's why the war didnt start for another 2years?
You fail. Next.

Yawn. That's why the war didnt start for another 2years?
You fail. Next.

It took that long for them to invent a cassus belli and run everything by congress.
No fail, blind man.

zzzzzzzzzzzz.........

That's one step up for you----at least you're sleeping instead of calling me anti-Semitic. :lol:

I've already done that. You've already proven I am right. No further debate needed.

You haven't proven shit.

The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) was an American think tank based in Washington, D.C. established in 1997 as a non-profit educational organization founded by William Kristol and Robert Kagan. The PNAC's stated goal is "to promote American global leadership."[1] Fundamental to the PNAC were the view that "American leadership is good both for America and for the world" and support for "a Reaganite policy of military strength and moral clarity."[2][3] With its members in numerous key administrative positions, the PNAC exerted influence on high-level U.S. government officials in the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush and affected the Bush Administration's development of military and foreign policies, especially involving national security and the Iraq War.[4][5]

Project for the New American Century - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That's one step up for you----at least you're sleeping instead of calling me anti-Semitic. :lol:

I've already done that. You've already proven I am right. No further debate needed.

You haven't proven shit.

The Project for the New American Century (PNAC) was an American think tank based in Washington, D.C. established in 1997 as a non-profit educational organization founded by William Kristol and Robert Kagan. The PNAC's stated goal is "to promote American global leadership."[1] Fundamental to the PNAC were the view that "American leadership is good both for America and for the world" and support for "a Reaganite policy of military strength and moral clarity."[2][3] With its members in numerous key administrative positions, the PNAC exerted influence on high-level U.S. government officials in the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush and affected the Bush Administration's development of military and foreign policies, especially involving national security and the Iraq War.[4][5]

sez you. Your posts on Israel show you are a jew hating piece of ignorant shit.

You haven't proven shit.

I see---can't deal with facts staring you in the face so you have to retreat into name calling. Screaming "Jew hater" really makes you just look pitifully stupid. Anyone who denies the influence of PNAC and the neocons on Bush's decision to invade Iraq is a fool.

I see---can't deal with facts staring you in the face so you have to retreat into name calling. Screaming "Jew hater" really makes you just look pitifully stupid. Anyone who denies the influence of PNAC and the neocons on Bush's decision to invade Iraq is a fool.

They are taught to accuse people of anti Semite when something is said they do not like. Also Jew hater, Hitler Nazi lover, etc. Yes I agree PNAC explains what is happening now and since 9-10-01. The foul language as well , I do have it disabled for my delicate ears. ::eusa_angel: or should I say eyes.

Last edited:

They are taught to accuse people of anti Semite when something is said they do not like. Also Jew hater, Hitler Nazi lover, etc. Yes I agree PNAC explains what is happening now and since 9-10-01. The foul language as well , I do have it disabled for my delicate ears. ::eusa_angel: or should I say eyes.

Stating that the neocons were highly influential in making the decision to invade Iraq makes one a Jew hater ? Really ?? It's getting worse than the race card.

Stating that the neocons were highly influential in making the decision to invade Iraq makes one a Jew hater ? Really ?? It's getting worse than the race card.

You're lying, of course. You said nothing like that.

Forum List

Back