Was The Iraq War All About Oil?

Iraq was on everyone's list as a bad actor going back to the 1980s. That doesnt mean the US did Israel's bidding. That's just jew-hating paranoia.

IMMEDIATELY following 9/11 the neocons were drawing up plans to invade Iraq. Even before Afghanistan. DOn't believe me....READ for God's sakes. Perle, Feith et al. A Clean Break.

Yawn. That's why the war didnt start for another 2years?
You fail. Next.

We invaded Afghanistan in October 2001.

Since Bush and Cheney had to cobble together a massive lie in order to invade Iraq, they needed the time to get organized and also sign off on an E.O. that created several levels of opacity to his office so he had to disclose NOTHING:

EXECUTIVE ORDER 13233
FURTHER IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PRESIDENTIAL RECORDS ACT

Executive Order 13233 on Presidential Records

And 16 months is not two years.

Last edited:
IMMEDIATELY following 9/11 the neocons were drawing up plans to invade Iraq. Even before Afghanistan. DOn't believe me....READ for God's sakes. Perle, Feith et al. A Clean Break.

Yawn. That's why the war didnt start for another 2years?
You fail. Next.

We invaded Afghanistan in October 2001.

Since Bush and Cheney had to cobble together a massive lie in order to invade Iraq, they needed the time to get organized and also sign off on an E.O. that created several levels of opacity to his office so he had to disclose NOTHING:

EXECUTIVE ORDER 13233
FURTHER IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PRESIDENTIAL RECORDS ACT

Executive Order 13233 on Presidential Records
Shut the fuck up, you stupid slut bitch. No one cares.

Here's a chance fro the left to show how truly stupid and dysfunctional they are. Many commentators have written that "of course the war was primarily about getting Iraqi oil." (Go Google it if you dnt believe me).
Do you agree with that?

Yes.

We wouldn't have been there had it not been for oil.

So why didnt Bush simply lift sanctions and buy oil like everyone else?

It would show weakness. He thinks war is the the first option; not the last (as long as he's not fighting it).
This is why McCain lost (partially). This is why your boy Rick Perry who wanted to go back into Iraq got laughed off the stage.

----

If it were for WMDs, China has them...why didn't Bush invade China? Russia has them...why not invade Russia. Hezbollah (sp?) has--or had--thosuands of missiles and is a puppet of Iran--you remember Iran; located there on the good old "axis of evil"--but Bush didn't even give invading their hideouts and outposts a second thought.
Hezbollah wasn't a threat to our neighbor Israel? Don't tell Israel that.

Oil was the reason we were there. The only reason? Likely not. There was the political need to get something done quickly and we still had intel from the first gulf war his dad fought. There was some evidence of WMD manufacture when you tilt the prism a certain way...they had labs. But the UN said they didn't have them and history bears it out.

Yes.

We wouldn't have been there had it not been for oil.

So why didnt Bush simply lift sanctions and buy oil like everyone else?

It would show weakness. He thinks war is the the first option; not the last (as long as he's not fighting it).
This is why McCain lost (partially). This is why your boy Rick Perry who wanted to go back into Iraq got laughed off the stage.

----

If it were for WMDs, China has them...why didn't Bush invade China? Russia has them...why not invade Russia. Hezbollah (sp?) has--or had--thosuands of missiles and is a puppet of Iran--you remember Iran; located there on the good old "axis of evil"--but Bush didn't even give invading their hideouts and outposts a second thought.
Hezbollah wasn't a threat to our neighbor Israel? Don't tell Israel that.

Oil was the reason we were there. The only reason? Likely not. There was the political need to get something done quickly and we still had intel from the first gulf war his dad fought. There was some evidence of WMD manufacture when you tilt the prism a certain way...they had labs. But the UN said they didn't have them and history bears it out.
It would show weakness? Seriously? How old are you? So you think it was better to devote billions of dollars and thousands of lives to something rather than show weakness? If you answer Yes you are projecting your own bad thought patterns on the president.
Rick Perry got lauighed off the stage for suggesting what Obama is actually doing at this very minute. Irony!

Actually the first gulf war WAS all about oil.

Kuwait was slant drilling into Iraqi oil fields. Iraq invaded to stop them.
We invaded backing the Kuwaitis.

Iraq invaded Kuwait for three reasons.
One, the Hussein regime viewed Kuwait as weak and unable to defend itself
Two, Hussein wanted Kuwait's access to the deep water sea port Iraq did not have.
Three, Hussein believed no one would do anything about an invasion.

The only correct thing you stated was number three.
Kuwait was slant drilling (accessing Iraqi oil fields from across the border).
Hussein was assured by Bush that the United States wasn't interested in his dispute with Kuwait.

Hussein invaded to stop the slant drilling and the U.S. rained down some hurting on him. That is why 1) Hussein burned the oil wells (I'll burn the oil before I allow them to steal it from us) and 2) Hussein put out a hit on daddy Bush.

Two, Hussein wanted Kuwait's access to the deep water sea port Iraq did not have.

Hussein was assured by Bush that the United States wasn't interested in his dispute with Kuwait.

Hussein invaded to stop the slant drilling and the U.S. rained down some hurting on him. That is why 1) Hussein burned the oil wells (I'll burn the oil before I allow them to steal it from us) and 2) Hussein put out a hit on daddy Bush.

That's wrong.
Bush invited Saddam to invade Kuwait so he could set up his son to be a hero for invading Iraq later on.

That's wrong.
Bush invited Saddam to invade Kuwait so he could set up his son to be a hero for invading Iraq later on.

Yeah, except daddy Bush invaded himself.
Junior invaded to retaliate for the assassination attempt against his daddy.

That's wrong.

Yeah, except daddy Bush invaded himself.
Junior invaded to retaliate for the assassination attempt against his daddy.

Yes. But Daddy wanted his son to be a hero so he set it all up. He had help from the Vatican and Elvis though.

He only lit Kuwaiti wells. Many nations have a scorched earth policy. Leave nothing for your enemy to use. SOP.

He only lit Kuwaiti wells. Many nations have a scorched earth policy. Leave nothing for your enemy to use. SOP.

Yes, the Kuwait wells that were slant drilling into Iraqi oil fields.

I know U.S. media didn't do much on this, so I'm not surprised most Americans don't know anything about it. But we have this wonderful thing called the internet now. You do your research, grade the sources, think critically ...

Last edited:
rhetoric aside, I saw by accident, an interview with some Republican Congressman making the argument for protecting the Kurds against ISIS ... I n his own words "the Kurds are our friends living in an OIL RICH area"

you decide if oil was a player or is a player in Iraq.

rhetoric aside, I saw by accident, an interview with some Republican Congressman making the argument for protecting the Kurds against ISIS ... I n his own words "the Kurds are our friends living in an OIL RICH area"

you decide if oil was a player or is a player in Iraq.

Oil is a player everywhere. Was it the motive for invading Iraq and deposing Saddam ? Nope.

They were also overproducing their OPEC quota, driving the price of oil down.

I'm sure that pissed off a lot of OPEC countries.
But Iraq invaded over the slant drilling.

I know U.S. media never mentioned this, so I understand the "man-this-one-is-craaaazeee" response. It's OK.

But if you are interested, Google it a bit, grade the sources, think critically, and make up your own mind.

They are taught to accuse people of anti Semite when something is said they do not like. Also Jew hater, Hitler Nazi lover, etc. Yes I agree PNAC explains what is happening now and since 9-10-01. The foul language as well , I do have it disabled for my delicate ears. ::eusa_angel: or should I say eyes.

Stating that the neocons were highly influential in making the decision to invade Iraq makes one a Jew hater ? Really ?? It's getting worse than the race card.

You're lying, of course. You said nothing like that.

So what did I say here that makes me a Jew Hater ?

Here's a chance fro the left to show how truly stupid and dysfunctional they are. Many commentators have written that "of course the war was primarily about getting Iraqi oil." (Go Google it if you dnt believe me).
Do you agree with that?

If you look at who benefited the most from both Iraq wars, you must conclude that it was "primarily about getting Iraqi oil".

If you think it was about "winning hearts and minds" by spreading freedom dust everywhere, then you're an idiot and a fool.

Do you agree with that?

If you look at who benefited the most from both Iraq wars, you must conclude that it was "primarily about getting Iraqi oil".

If you think it was about "winning hearts and minds" by spreading freedom dust everywhere, then you're an idiot and a fool.

That would require that one assumes everything went as planned. We had no intention of taking Iraq's oil.

I know U.S. media never mentioned this, so I understand the "man-this-one-is-craaaazeee" response. It's OK.

But if you are interested, Google it a bit, grade the sources, think critically, and make up your own mind.

Oil is all they have. Saddam was mad about both the slant drilling and the dropping price. The crisis had been building for months that summer too. President Bush was well aware of it, so many people were shocked when he called it a surprise attack.

Oil is all they have. Saddam was mad about both the slant drilling and the dropping price. The crisis had been building for months that summer too. President Bush was well aware of it, so many people were shocked when he called it a surprise attack.

He had to pretend that the US was innocent as a lamb all the while they were baiting the Iraq to move in.

Forum List

Back