Was The Iraq War All About Oil?

It was surely the Iraqis who flew the jets into the twin towers was it not? The plains must have been hijacked from Iraqi terrorists because after 9/11 we went into Iraq and well Osama bin laden kinda was second fiddle. How does that happen?

It was surely the Iraqis who flew the jets into the twin towers was it not? The plains must have been hijacked from Iraqi terrorists because after 9/11 we went into Iraq and well Osama bin laden kinda was second fiddle. How does that happen?

Simple--the banished Saudis created the perfect situation for the neocons to push for their Mideast strategy.

Professors John Mearsheimer and Stephen Walt wrote in their controversial and critical "The Israel Lobby" article of March 2006, published in the London Review of Books that the Clean Break paper

called for Israel to take steps to reorder the entire Middle East. Netanyahu did not follow their advice, but Feith, Perle and Wurmser were soon urging the Bush administration to pursue those same goals. The Ha’aretz columnist Akiva Eldar warned that Feith and Perle "are walking a fine line between their loyalty to American governments ... and Israeli interests".[14]

A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing the Realm - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Israel can make a clean break from the past and establish a new vision for the U.S.-Israeli partnership based on self-reliance, maturity and mutuality — not one focused narrowly on territorial disputes. Israel's new strategy—based on a shared philosophy of peace through strength — reflects continuity with Western values by stressing that Israel is self-reliant, does not need U.S. troops in any capacity to defend it, including on the Golan Heights, and can manage its own affairs.[1]
To reinforce this point, the Prime Minister can use his forthcoming visit to announce that Israel is now mature enough to cut itself free immediately from at least U.S. economic aid and loan guarantees at least, which prevent economic reform.[1]

To reinforce this point, the Prime Minister can use his forthcoming visit to announce that Israel is now mature enough to cut itself free immediately from at least U.S. economic aid and loan guarantees at least, which prevent economic reform.[1] (That sure hasn't happened)

Influence[edit]
Brian Whitaker reported in a September 2002 article [3] published in The Guardian that "With several of the Clean Break paper's authors now holding key positions in Washington, the plan for Israel to transcend its foes by reshaping the Middle East looks a good deal more achievable today than it did in 1996. Americans may even be persuaded to give up their lives to achieve it."

(That sure did happen, many Americans lost their life)

and the article continues.

Last edited:
Nice to see stupidity is not contained to those on the LEft. Although I frequently consider libertarians to be leftists as well.
It would be like saying we went to war in Japan because of oil.

It wouldn't be like that at all, that's retarded. Japan has no oil. They import it all. You didn't learn how Iraq was formed in 1919 in Paris, did you?

Tell me you believe without oil in the middle east we would be in Iraq so everyone with a brain can laugh at you.

Of course not. It's hummus. The US developed an insatiable desire for hummus and we need Iraqi recipes to slake it. Go ahead, prove that's wrong.
Again, if we wanted Iraqi oil all we had to do was relax sanctions. So why didnt we?

Actually the Muslims buy their hummus from the Israelis. The Israelis make the best hummus. Carry on.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
you don't recall because you're an idiot

http://investing.money.msn.com/investments/charts?symbol=us:xom#{"zRange":"10","startDate":"1900-1-1","endDate":"2014-8-14","chartStyle":"mountain","chartCursor":"1","scaleType":"0","yaxisAlign":"right","mode":"pan"}

Yup. That's what total low information failure looks like. Thanks for supplying it.

try this one Goober ... recall later

http://static.safehaven.com/authors/bauer/26495_b_large.png

03-08 ... gee.
Yeah that looks like what happens when you have no idea what you're talking about. Thanks.

you guys are really gonna feed this thread?

It turned out great---I think lot's of people learned something.

Yeah, I learned that when people don't know very much they spew the silliest shit and think its wisdom and when confronted by their own ignorance they either give up or spew even sillier shit.
I learned that Barack Obama is a neocon
I learned that Israel made us invade Iraq
I learned that oil companies made us invade Iraq, even though there is no evidence they benefitted in any way.
I learned that expending billions of dollars in warfare makes a country stronger
I learned that people think Bush was smart enough to lie us into war but not smart enough to figure out how to benefit from it
I learned that Bush is still directing US strategy.
I learned that although we withdrew troops some years ago the war is continuing.

No end to the bullshit when people really don't understand much.

you guys are really gonna feed this thread?

Yeah, I learned that when people don't know very much they spew the silliest shit and think its wisdom and when confronted by their own ignorance they either give up or spew even sillier shit.
I learned that oil companies made us invade Iraq, even though there is no evidence they benefitted in any way.
I learned that expending billions of dollars in warfare makes a country stronger
I learned that people think Bush was smart enough to lie us into war but not smart enough to figure out how to benefit from it
I learned that although we withdrew troops some years ago the war is continuing.

let's here it Rabbi-----why did the US invade Iraq the 2nd time and who planned it ?

Really, so why didn't they fight Iraq?? I mean they sure did a great job in Gaza.

[MENTION=17668]Peach[/MENTION] ---Israel didn't plan Iraq. Neocons did.

The JCS found there was not much planning.......beyond the invasion. Of course Israel did not plan Iraq; Israel doesn't invade, Israel defends, and usually plans well. Thus, Israel prevails.

That's because the US gives them billions every year and additionally attacks it's enemies for them.

Besides--it doesn't take much planning to invade Gaza.

let's here it Rabbi-----why did the US invade Iraq the 2nd time and who planned it ?

Iraq Resolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ahhh going with the legal angle huh? Well here are plenty of reasons listed in there including the claim that Al Qaeda was there.... go for it.

ahhh going with the legal angle huh? Well here are plenty of reasons listed in there including the claim that Al Qaeda was there.... go for it.

And that was no doubt accurate.
Go knock yourself out. I realize it's more fun to scream "BUsh lied us into a war for oil" but the facts simply don't support any of that. Those pesky facts.

And that was no doubt accurate.
Go knock yourself out. I realize it's more fun to scream "BUsh lied us into a war for oil" but the facts simply don't support any of that. Those pesky facts.
Oil would have made much more sense in this case. They weren't that smart...

That was all based on a press release to appease the American people the need to invade Iraq. Means nothing.

Of course not. It's hummus. The US developed an insatiable desire for hummus and we need Iraqi recipes to slake it. Go ahead, prove that's wrong.
Again, if we wanted Iraqi oil all we had to do was relax sanctions. So why didnt we?

Once again you don't read what I write and you inanely equate me with the liberals, who are morons. Even when they are right they are wrong.

You did not ask and I did not say we invaded to control Iraqi oil. You asked if the war was over oil and I said we are in the middle east for oil. It's the reason we are there in their back yard all over their business. I also said oil was not the proximate cause of the war, you can google what that means.
The Middle East represents an area of interest to us because of oil, OK I can buy that. But the Iraq war was not caused by the US wanting oil. WHich is what libs consistently seem to believe.

It's not the proximate cause, but without oil we would not be there at all. I hope with all the fracking expanding domestic supply we fix that in the not so distant future.

And liberals are morons, I'm not going to defend what they say. But clearly oil is the reason we are there and propopping up bad governments. We are not in any comparable area of the world without oil. We should not be there either.

Forum List

Back