Was Trump's Speech Libertarian? Dr. Ron Paul Weighs In [VIDEO]...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
He did hit on some Libertarian beliefs. I thought it was a solid speech.

Last edited:
I really wish he would have included more Libertarians in his Administration. It would provide him with a different perspective.

I took it as being more bent on common sense than any ideology. I thought the Democrats looked like fools and wondered how much the Republicans were really buying into it (other than the defense spending).

It was a very good speech. Trump is in no way "Far Right", but neither is he "Far Left". The truth is he is what we needed, someone in the middle who will TRY and make deals that satisfy more than one side of the aisle and this is the way it should be. Thus far he is keeping his promises, something rarely seen in Politics today. He is going to do some things that we Conservatives don't like but that's ok. Unlike the Left we don't demand complete capitulation to our every little whim.

If you want to put a label on a freaking speech why can't you just say it was great?

I think it was better than expected. Trump's not a professional politician. He doesn't do too well on the scripted teleprompter stuff. He's at his best when he's unscripted. But he did deliver a solid speech. I think it was good enough to scare the Democrats. They weren't expecting it.

Forum List

Back