Washington school district doesn't include Asian kids in 'students of color' category

Yes...they voted for the racist party that wants to discriminate against them.......they have much to learn.

Actually, the stupid ones are the working class whites clinging to their guns and their bibles while the One Percent dismantle the middle class. I don't think they are capable OF learning.

No...it was nefarious....never just grant incompetence to democrats when evil is just as likely............they don't want Asians to become republicans....and the surest way for that to happen is if Asians realize they have money and the democrats want to take it....

I phrased that wrong. What I meant was nefarious intent.

Asians are a minority within a minority. There are a hell of a lot more blacks and Hispanics than there are Asians, so they don't worry about those people. They need to cater to their larger voter crowd to win elections. Even if the Asians had an awakening and turned Republican, it wouldn't be that big of a threat to the Democrat party as long as they can continue to hold the black and Hispanic vote.

I read a study years ago about college affirmative action. The ivy league schools lowered their standards for minorities to get them into the college. The end result was more blacks dropping out of college because they couldn't meet the high standards of those schools in which to graduate. So they took blacks out of those schools and got them into regular colleges, and had a much higher graduation rate.

It seems that every time the Democrats put on this dog and pony show for blacks making claim to advance them, they end up hurting them in the end. They promoted bussing which hurt the black community, they promoted this ivy league nonsense, they forced banks to lower standards for people to get home loans that gave birth to the housing collapse putting millions of blacks in bankruptcy thus making it virtually impossible to ever be applicable for a house for the rest of their lives. They promoted single-parent households and we all see the results of that in the black community.

School choice is garbage, which is why it's been abandoned in Milwaukee.

It's just a way to funnel more taxpayers dollars into the pockets of the 1%.

It's a way to get parents to be more involved in their child's education. It's a way to get them out of the ghetto in those disruptive schools so they can focus on studies instead of trying to be like the other disruptive kids because of peer pressure.

Survey Says: School Choice Improves Student Performance

There are all kinds of studies like that. I used to have a few in my old computer but didn't bring them to the new one. A study I read showed that having private schools open up in areas improved the public schools as well. They lost their monopoly status and had to work harder to prevent parents from taking their kids out of public school and using vouchers to put them in better ones.

We can all assume who is funding the negative school choice studies. The teachers unions are sitting on a pile of money just looking for ways to spend it to keep or expand their members.

I'm not the racist....the racists are the ones who voted for joe biden and the democrat party, the party whose core groups are all openly and proudly racist....from the Black panthers to black lives matter, to the leadership of the party including obama, whose best buds are all openly and proudly racists...

Yeah, I know, man, what a crazy idea, that "Black lives matter". I mean, clearly, they should be HAPPY when the police shoot their children in the back like they did to Laquan McDonald.

Wrong....blm doesn't care about black lives, otherwise they wouldn't have burned and looted black American communities......

They hide behind black Americans as they burn, loot, beat and murder them...

Yes...they voted for the racist party that wants to discriminate against them.......they have much to learn.

Actually, the stupid ones are the working class whites clinging to their guns and their bibles while the One Percent dismantle the middle class. I don't think they are capable OF learning.

The ones about to continue dismantling the middle class is the democrats and their hand puppet joe biden......

It seems that every time the Democrats put on this dog and pony show for blacks making claim to advance them, they end up hurting them in the end. They promoted bussing which hurt the black community, they promoted this ivy league nonsense, they forced banks to lower standards for people to get home loans that gave birth to the housing collapse putting millions of blacks in bankruptcy thus making it virtually impossible to ever be applicable for a house for the rest of their lives. They promoted single-parent households and we all see the results of that in the black community.

Too bad the facts don't back any of that up.

Let's look at, first, black college graduation.

Wow, looks like they do pretty good at Ivy League schools.

1605974328383.png

And enrollment is up over time as well.

1605974426630.png

Okay, so let's look at black home ownership. You know, after those mean old liberals told banks they couldn't discriminate anymore. Home ownership for blacks and whites increased after 1940 (the New Deal) and has declined slightly when Republicans "deregulated" banks.

1605974664570.png

and once again, you confused "Single Parent" households with "unmarried".. It's not the same thing. Despite the fact that 13% of African American males are imprisoned in this country, most black children have a father in their lives.

When you factor in couples who cohabitate, it's closer to white people in that area.

Wrong....blm doesn't care about black lives, otherwise they wouldn't have burned and looted black American communities......

Get real, buddy, most of the violence in the recent demonstrations have been racists and the police departments.

Again, having Trump throw gasoline on the fire doesn't help, either.

Get real, buddy, most of the violence in the recent demonstrations have been racists and the police departments.

Again, having Trump throw gasoline on the fire doesn't help, either.

You really are dumb......how do you manage to survive being this stupid.......

Joe: repeat last thing democrat on cable said........say it over and over again......thinks he's smart....

You really are dumb......how do you manage to survive being this stupid.......

Joe: repeat last thing democrat on cable said........say it over and over again......thinks he's smart....

DickTiny: Ignore all facts presented, repeat NRA and other crazy talking points.

How many people have died in the riots, and who killed them?

At least 11 Americans have been killed while participating in political demonstrations this year and another 14 have died in other incidents linked to political unrest, according to new data from a non-profit monitoring political unrest in the United States.

Nine of the people killed during protests were demonstrators taking part in Black Lives Matter protests. Two were conservatives killed after pro-Trump “patriot rallies”. All but one were killed by fellow citizens.

ACLED found that the overwhelming majority of the more than 9.000 Black Lives Matter demonstrations that took place across the US after the killing of George Floyd have been peaceful. News reports at the height of demonstrations over Floyd’s killing cited dozens of deaths in connection with protests, but many of those turned out to be examples of deadly crimes carried out in the vicinity of protests, rather than directly related to the demonstrations themselves, the researchers concluded. ACLED’s dataset only focuses on political violence.

Now, keep in mind, you get on these boards EVERY FUCKING DAY and tell us that we should totally tolerate school shootings and 14,000 gun homicides because "Founding Fathers" and "Second Amendment" and you need a gun to compensate for your tiny dick... er, defend freedom..

Um. Okay. First Amendment says we have a right to protest. If we have to tolerate a few deaths, so be it.

Personally, I'd like to be no deaths because we have mature leadership in Washington that defuses crisis like this and takes positive action.

You know, like we had before Jan 20th, 2017.

Again, your parents were paying for you to be there, so they were involved.

Put a bunch of kids with vouchers in there, not so much.

Of course, the nuns had the option of throwing out the kids with disabilities. We had a lot of them in those days because there were all these Catholic Bitches who kept fucking after 35 and producing retards. So the normal kids went to the Catholic School and the bus drove through the neighborhood and picked up the tards.

Not really. Our school was funded by the parishioners, although I'm sure my parents contributed extra to the collection basket when it was passed around on Sundays. Me and my two siblings all attended that school. Also they needed some brick work done to the church, and my father did the job for them at no charge.

A voucher in most cases does not pay for the entire funding of their education. The parent needs to kick in their own cash to have enough to send them to a better school. The more they kick in, the better school their kids can attend. HUD works the same way. Unfortunately they give them so much for their HUD voucher they are able to sneak into the suburbs and ruin our cities. HUD needs to give them much less so they can't afford to do that, and keep them where they belong.

Cops shoot black kids playing with toys and doing petty shoplifting.. the same dumb shit white kids do, but don't get shot.

Cops shoot anybody that presents a threat to them. If there is no threat and a police officer kills somebody, they are charged and end up in prison. When it comes to deadly force, police are held to the same standards as we citizens in non commie states. White kids seldom present police with such a threat. Unlike many black kids, we were taught to respect the law and always obey the commands of a police officer. White parents never taught their children that the police are the enemy, and all they want to do is kill kids.

Again, check your privilege, buddy. Of course, you have all the advantages of being white and catholic education, and you still ended up living in a slum and collecting welfare.

Saying that a person because of the color of their skin, has an advantage is racist within itself. You have an advantage to seek psychological help for your severe OCD, and never do a damn thing about it even though you have the ability. It has nothing to do with your skin color. It has to do with confronting your own fears and mental problems. You lose so much sleep at night merely because GOVERNMENT put me on disability, and it's going on a year now. You don't understand how it's destroying your life.

As for my neighborhood, this is where I work. I have the best tenants any landlord could hope for, and most of my family and friends still live here. It was a great suburb when I bought the place. What happened? Liberal policies destroyed it. HUD, fair housing act, the housing bubble all played a part. We had a top rated school system, one of the safest suburbs in which to live, increasing property values, it was fantastic. Ted Knight, most famous for his role of Ted Baxter on the Mary Tyler Moor show did commercials for our shopping mall that people came from all over to shop at. They used to have parades in the street. I'd post a few videos, but I know you won't watch them.

If BLM gave a damn about black lives, they wouldn't be protesting the police. Instead, what they would be doing is promoting the concept of listening to the orders of a police officer. Do everything he or she instructs you to do. Don't ever run away from them.

They would save ten times more lives doing that than they would blocking traffic so ambulances and firetrucks can't get by to help other black people.

Not really. Our school was funded by the parishioners, although I'm sure my parents contributed extra to the collection basket when it was passed around on Sundays. Me and my two siblings all attended that school. Also they needed some brick work done to the church, and my father did the job for them at no charge.

Yes, I remember the bad old days, when the Church used to get around the rules on tuition by "requiring" donations from the families whose kids attended the school. That meant Little Joey had to go to church to drop off the envelop, when I already didn't want to be there.

Got to pay off those molested altar boys.

A voucher in most cases does not pay for the entire funding of their education.

Making it even more useless. It's just a subsidy for privileged
Cops shoot anybody that presents a threat to them.

Funny, American cops shoot 1000 people a year and British Cops only shoot 5 people a year. Maybe we need to hire less gutless cops.

Saying that a person because of the color of their skin, has an advantage is racist within itself.

No, it's fucking recognizing a reality.... By being white, employers, police, business owners treat me differently. Pretending it doesn't exist is the racist attitude, that they "deserve" it.

You lose so much sleep at night merely because GOVERNMENT put me on disability, and it's going on a year now. You don't understand how it's destroying your life.

I haven't lost a wink of sleep over you, Ray. I know that I have two brothers I am no longer on speaking terms with, that bothers me, because they've supported fascism and don't want to admit they made a mistake. I just love pointing out the hypocrisy of Right Wingers who are yelling "GIMMEE!!!" when their backs are against the wall.

You need to dutifully starve to death now that you are no longer of any use to the One Percent.

Too bad the facts don't back any of that up.

Let's look at, first, black college graduation.

Wow, looks like they do pretty good at Ivy League schools.

That's because they got rid of accepting people based on color and instead, giving them equal opportunity as everybody else. See what the results are when you don't treat blacks like people from Mars?

And enrollment is up over time as well.

That's all colleges. Yes, we have more people going to college. What's your point?

Okay, so let's look at black home ownership. You know, after those mean old liberals told banks they couldn't discriminate anymore. Home ownership for blacks and whites increased after 1940 (the New Deal) and has declined slightly when Republicans "deregulated" banks.

The banks were not discriminating against anybody. We've had laws against that for decades. Blacks could not meet the standard banks had FOR ALL APPLICANTS equally, so the Democrats lowered standards so those blacks could purchase homes which eventually led to the bubble and burst. If you look at your own chart, black home ownership is less than it was in 1980.

and once again, you confused "Single Parent" households with "unmarried".. It's not the same thing. Despite the fact that 13% of African American males are imprisoned in this country, most black children have a father in their lives.

When you factor in couples who cohabitate, it's closer to white people in that area.

Knowing who your father is and him stopping by once every other month is not parental involvement. Whites did not create the term Baby Daddy. That was done by blacks who often have different fathers for their children. Do all the fathers live in the household with the single mother?

If BLM gave a damn about black lives, they wouldn't be protesting the police. Instead, what they would be doing is promoting the concept of listening to the orders of a police officer. Do everything he or she instructs you to do. Don't ever run away from them.

They would save ten times more lives doing that than they would blocking traffic so ambulances and firetrucks can't get by to help other black people.

Most black parents DO have that talk with their children.

You know what? People panic. They make bad decisions.

That's because they got rid of accepting people based on color and instead, giving them equal opportunity as everybody else. See what the results are when you don't treat blacks like people from Mars?

Actually, they did nothing of the sort. In fact, there was recent whining that Harvard was accepting more blacks than Asians, even though Asians score better. it was kind of the whole premise of this thread.

In this thread about the 'students of color' there are wide discussions about the Asians and Blacks (mostly), but Hispanics are mentioned only a couple of times. Yes, the Hispanics cant be considered as a race, but definitely they are culturally different from the White Americans. And considering the demographic, their role in the US elections will be only increasing.

The Republican party, for its own survival, needs their support as much as possible. What are the odds that the majority of Hispanics' electorate will be Republican-leaning? I think they are not too far from conservative ideas.

You don't think at all. You're a Communist. You emote. You're incapable of thought.

yet you can't refute the points.

Take a look at any thread she starts. She spews out number pointed crazy, and then posts non-direct responses with more number pointed crazy.
If you could refute her points, you wouldn't resort to being a racist.

Forum List

Back