Washington school district doesn't include Asian kids in 'students of color' category

I'm not the racist....the racists are the ones who voted for joe biden and the democrat party, the party whose core groups are all openly and proudly racist....from the Black panthers to black lives matter, to the leadership of the party including obama, whose best buds are all openly and proudly racists...

Yeah, I know, man, what a crazy idea, that "Black lives matter". I mean, clearly, they should be HAPPY when the police shoot their children in the back like they did to Laquan McDonald.
Thank Gaea they have white liberals like you to save them.

white saviour.jpg

Making it even more useless. It's just a subsidy for privileged

Black people in the inner-city are now privileged? That's news to me.

Funny, American cops shoot 1000 people a year and British Cops only shoot 5 people a year. Maybe we need to hire less gutless cops.

The British don't have the diversity that we do. The British don't lose over 100 police officers every single year. Take our minorities out of the mix, our police shooting rate would drop dramatically, and so would officer work related murders. Now we're going to learn something new Joe.

apple: orange.jpeg
No, it's fucking recognizing a reality.... By being white, employers, police, business owners treat me differently. Pretending it doesn't exist is the racist attitude, that they "deserve" it.

Just as many whites get shot and killed by police as blacks. Just as many unarmed whites get shot and killed by police as blacks. While blacks only makeup 13% of our population, they also are responsible for the most murders and violent crime in this country. Of course they have much more interaction with police than we do.

I haven't lost a wink of sleep over you, Ray. I know that I have two brothers I am no longer on speaking terms with

What a surprise there.

Joe, my last day of work was November 11th of 2019, and you've been bringing up my situation in nearly every post since then. That's what OCD means. Obsession. It's why we could be talking about the best breakfast muffins, and you would make it racial somehow. Obsession. So don't tell me you don't lose sleep over it. I've told several people here about my plight, and not one person ever brought it up in ridicule, only you.

Mental and physical problems take on different paths. If you have a back ache, you figure it will go away. It persists getting worse and you keep putting it off. Then it gets to the point where you can't do yard work, you have problems sleeping at night, then finally can't do your job. You have no choice but to seek help. With mental illness, the solution to your problem is convincing yourself nothing is wrong with you, it's everybody else that's Fd up. Let me give you an example:

You just admitted that you don't speak to your brothers. Now I bring that up in nearly every conversation we have. That's an obsession. It's likely I'll never mention it because it doesn't concern me. It's your situation, not mine. I don't know the details, I never met your brothers. I don't know if they're right and you're wrong, or the other way around. I don't care.

I just love pointing out the hypocrisy of Right Wingers who are yelling "GIMMEE!!!" when their backs are against the wall.

You need to dutifully starve to death now that you are no longer of any use to the One Percent.

What does the one percent have to do with my situation? I'm doing fine. I never asked to be here. In fact I've done everything possible to avoid it. Every time they changed the rules of the game making it harder for me to work, I figured out a way around it. They finally made it to the point I could no longer do that. Bureaucrats have nothing better to do than make our lives miserable.

I never said gimme, I said if they won't allow me to work, it's incumbent on them to allow me to use a program I paid into my entire life. It's no different than using Medicare when you get older for surgery or Social Security when you retire. You were forced to pay into it, benefits were a promise the government made to you for your contributions, and it would be complete stupidity not to use them if you need it. It's just like auto or home insurance. You paid into it your entire life, don't want to use it, but if you get into a very bad situation, you paid for that coverage to help you out. It would be stupid to pay $20,000 cash for an accident you were not responsible for. That's why you had insurance in the first place.

In this thread about the 'students of color' there are wide discussions about the Asians and Blacks (mostly), but Hispanics are mentioned only a couple of times. Yes, the Hispanics cant be considered as a race, but definitely they are culturally different from the White Americans. And considering the demographic, their role in the US elections will be only increasing.

The Republican party, for its own survival, needs their support as much as possible. What are the odds that the majority of Hispanics' electorate will be Republican-leaning? I think they are not too far from conservative ideas.

It's amazing how people vote against their own interests. The Democrat party became the anti-white party, but plenty of whites still vote for them. They are pretty much anti-semites as well, but they get the majority of the Jewish vote, at least for now. The Democrats push for taking more money away from the wealthy, yet most of the super wealthy are Democrat voters.

The conservative point of view is to treat all Americans equally, and everybody benefits. No special rules or policies for special people. Look what happened before the virus by this concept. Women and every minority group had the lowest unemployment since records were kept. That didn't happen by catering to one group or another. Our philosophy is a rising tide lifts all boats.

The Democrat strategy is different. Santa Clause. Buy people off. Give people things, even if it insults their integrity. After all, this worked so well with the blacks, so extrapolate that to the Hispanic community. Everybody has a price, right?

In this thread about the 'students of color' there are wide discussions about the Asians and Blacks (mostly), but Hispanics are mentioned only a couple of times. Yes, the Hispanics cant be considered as a race, but definitely they are culturally different from the White Americans. And considering the demographic, their role in the US elections will be only increasing.

The Republican party, for its own survival, needs their support as much as possible. What are the odds that the majority of Hispanics' electorate will be Republican-leaning? I think they are not too far from conservative ideas.

It's amazing how people vote against their own interests. The Democrat party became the anti-white party, but plenty of whites still vote for them. They are pretty much anti-semites as well, but they get the majority of the Jewish vote, at least for now. The Democrats push for taking more money away from the wealthy, yet most of the super wealthy are Democrat voters.

The conservative point of view is to treat all Americans equally, and everybody benefits. No special rules or policies for special people. Look what happened before the virus by this concept. Women and every minority group had the lowest unemployment since records were kept. That didn't happen by catering to one group or another. Our philosophy is a rising tide lifts all boats.

The Democrat strategy is different. Santa Clause. Buy people off. Give people things, even if it insults their integrity. After all, this worked so well with the blacks, so extrapolate that to the Hispanic community. Everybody has a price, right?
I think it is more about 'legacy'. The Rep party is considered as a party of white people and the rich. The Dems are about equal rights for minorities and social justice, no matter how one perceives this.

The Reps need a strategy how to turn this perception. New slogans, new people from up to down.

Most black parents DO have that talk with their children.

You know what? People panic. They make bad decisions.

Wrong, those people were brought up with the stupid idea that cops are against them because of their race, and it's promoted by people like yourself. The only reason they panic is because their family and friends have convinced them white police officers are looking for any excuse to kill a filthy N. With this belief, if they do something wrong, they think they gave the officer a reason to bring them harm. Along with people like you, the MSM promotes the exact same thing.

The police are like any other group of people. They do their job good or bad, want to go home at the end of their shift, and have dinner with their family. Very few people join the police department because they want to kill people. Those who think that way are usually on the other side of the law. Will there be a few bad apples? Of course, just like any other line of work. But you don't stereotype an entire group of people because of it.

I think local police departments should have seminars in black high schools; teach kids how they are trained, why they order suspects to do what they demand, and what could happen to a police officer if a suspect disobeys those instructions. They need to teach those kids that there is no law that the only time police can use deadly force is when they're confronted with the same. A police officer can use deadly force anytime a physical threat that can bring them severe injury is made.

I think it is more about 'legacy'. The Rep party is considered as a party of white people and the rich. The Dems are about equal rights for minorities and social justice, no matter how one perceives this.

The Reps need a strategy how to turn this perception. New slogans, new people from up to down.

Very difficult, and I'll tell you why:

Public schools are mostly controlled by the left. The kid leaves the school, goes home, and watches television which is controlled by the Hollywood left. Or they go to social media which is mostly controlled by the left. When they get older, they attend college. We know who controls that institution. In the meantime, they try to learn what's going on in their environment, and who controls the MSM?

Lifelong indoctrination is a difficult thing to beat. It's amazing how so many people don't have minds of their own, and allow others to control theirs.

Public schools are mostly controlled by the left. The kid leaves the school, goes home, and watches television which is controlled by the Hollywood left. Or they go to social media which is mostly controlled by the left. When they get older, they attend college. We know who controls that institution. In the meantime, they try to learn what's going on in their environment, and who controls the MSM?

Lifelong indoctrination is a difficult thing to beat. It's amazing how so many people don't have minds of their own, and allow others to control theirs.

Well, no one says it will be an easy task. And that the things can be reversed by the next elections or so. It may well be that the Reps will be losing the ground more and more.

But they cant complain always. The actions are needed, not the words. I understand that the issue is utterly complex, but somewhere should be a point for the start.

One of these points are illegal immigrants. The Reps should admit that they are going to be legalized sooner or later. And after that, to develop a framework of such legalizing. That may surge their ratings among the Hipanics.

Though, it may be too late already. The Dems may do this before them.

The Santa Clause was a Tim Allen movie. You meant Santa Claus!

Liberals like to label dumb, easily manipulated people so they can continue their divide/conquer political strategy. the labels don't have to be accurate, just divisive.

You're full of shit, Joe. Asians were definitely discriminated against, a special law was passed they couldn't become U.S. citizens.

Sigh. Limits on immigration, which we've had all through our history, really, is hardly up there with the Genocide of Native Americans, or the Enslavement of blacks followed by Jim Crow. It's just not the same thing, or anywhere near. Should also point out that MOST Asian Americans are second or third generation... they came in long after those limits were gone.

"Hey, how did you get past the Anti-Chinese Immigration Law in 1890?"

"Um, I'm Vietnamese and I came here in the 1980's!"

They weren’t slaves?
I think some Chinese folks working the railroads in the west would disagree.

Okay, that happened back in the 1870's... to a very small group who really didn't establish large communities because they only brought over men. Most of them went home after making their money and lived like kings.

You can’t be racist against them? Why not, they look different. You can pick an Asian out of a line up.
So why don’t they suffer the same downfalls as blacks? Why don’t hey have such negative stereotypes (that they earned and keep earning, I might add).

Well, to start off with, nobody ever crossed a street to avoid an Asian. We could start there. Nor do the police racially profile them. Nor where there massive laws passed to keep them in their place for hundreds of years.

Because they take responsibility for themselves and struggled and made it. They don’t keep acting like fucking losers, committing crimes, living like degenerates and blaming everybody else.

Hey, the Cleaner called, they said they can't get the soot out of your Klan Robes by the Cross Burning on Saturday... they do have some nice brown shirts for you, though.

You fall into the trap of the "Model Minority" here... Why can't you be more like them? Well, because we aren't them. Entirely different history, entirely different place in society.

The thing is, blacks were brought here in chains to be cheap labor. Asians were invited over here, but only if they were bringing skills with them. They had a leg up from pretty much the start.
By your standards, Blacks are FIVE GENERATIONS out of slavery. Asians, especially Chinese and Japanese were "invited" over here to perform low skilled labor at starvation wages, then discriminated against after building the railroads. Latino were never slaves and many were property owners in the west. Every immigrant group was discriminated against, hell, whites were discriminated against in Texas and California under Spanish and Mexican rule. Giving people a pass because of the color of their skin due to historical wrongs is just stupid. At least you could be consistent in your racism.

Well, no one says it will be an easy task. And that the things can be reversed by the next elections or so. It may well be that the Reps will be losing the ground more and more.

But they cant complain always. The actions are needed, not the words. I understand that the issue is utterly complex, but somewhere should be a point for the start.

One of these points are illegal immigrants. The Reps should admit that they are going to be legalized sooner or later. And after that, to develop a framework of such legalizing. That may surge their ratings among the Hipanics.

I've got an idea! Let's not reward criminals for breaking the law.

You cant just deport them. Their number is huge and the vast majority of them has already become the part of the US economy. No one says that the legal status should be granted for all of them automatically.

You cant just deport them. Their number is huge and the vast majority of them has already become the part of the US economy. No one says that the legal status should be granted for all of them automatically.

We don't have to deport them. Take away the economic incentives to stay and they will self-deport. Prosecute and jail those who employ them. Prosecute and jail the illegals who steal US citizen's identities and work under stolen SSANs. Prosecute and jail US citizens who aid and abet the illegals. Take away the economic incentives and destroy the support network and the problem will largely solve itself. That will mostly leave the real criminals and LEOs can deal with them.

No one says that?

Joe Biden does.

Biden immigration plan grants citizenship to 11 million illegal immigrants

All illegal immigrants have broken the law. Biden wants to reward them with citizenship.

We don't have to deport them. Take away the economic incentives to stay and they will self-deport. Prosecute and jail those who employ them. Prosecute and jail the illegals who steal US citizen's identities and work under stolen SSANs. Prosecute and jail US citizens who aid and abet the illegals. Take away the economic incentives and destroy the support network and the problem will largely solve itself. That will mostly leave the real criminals and LEOs can deal with them.

And cut off Federal funding to sanctuary cities and states.

If our politicians had any guts, they would make being here illegally a felony instead of a misdemeanor. First offense is a minimum of five years in prison. Minimum as you could get ten years. Give them until January 30th to be out of the country, and they will self-deport. No need for a wall either. Such a law would keep most all of them out of this country.

As I said above, they have already become a part of the US economy. If I remember correctly, before the pandemic the US unemployment rate was among the lowest. The pandemic will end sooner or later and the American economy will need workers as it did before. You cant, especially considering the current demographic, replace them using internal recourses.

So you're suggesting we do the same as Democrats: give them something. Treat them special. No, they wouldn't be here legally if Trump stayed as President and we gained more power in the Congress. You can't reward people for breaking our laws. It would be like giving bank robbers a weekend in Disneyland for every bank they rob.

Trump won the primary on his border and illegal stance. He won his first term with the same. This election, he had the highest Hispanic turnout for any Republican, and he did just the opposite of what you suggest. How did that happen? Polls show that Hispanics, especially those who came here legally are behind Trump's movement. They don't want the illegals here either. It makes their life worse because everybody looks at them suspiciously and even make remarks from time to time.

Hispanics are not like blacks who have this unfettered solidarity in my opinion. They are individual thinkers who have their own issues they wish to have addressed.

Sure you can.

So you're suggesting we do the same as Democrats: give them something. Treat them special. No, they wouldn't be here legally if Trump stayed as President and we gained more power in the Congress. You can't reward people for breaking our laws. It would be like giving bank robbers a weekend in Disneyland for every bank they rob.

Trump won the primary on his border and illegal stance. He won his first term with the same. This election, he had the highest Hispanic turnout for any Republican, and he did just the opposite of what you suggest. How did that happen? Polls show that Hispanics, especially those who came here legally are behind Trump's movement. They don't want the illegals here either. It makes their life worse because everybody looks at them suspiciously and even make remarks from time to time.

Hispanics are not like blacks who have this unfettered solidarity in my opinion. They are individual thinkers who have their own issues they wish to have addressed.
Yes, I know that Trump got more Hispanic votes than they usually give to the Rep candidate. I read an article some time ago about some districts in Texas, predominantly Hispanic, who usually vote for a Dem but now voted for Trump. The main reason was said to be Trump's pledge not to shut down the economy due to the virus.

Anyway, I am in no position to lecture you. I just offered my opinion.

Forum List

Back