Washington school district doesn't include Asian kids in 'students of color' category

The sad thing is? The majority of Asians vote for the democrat party, the party that is going to target them......

The Asians and the Jewish are probably the two smartest groups of people in the world. Yet both vote a majority Democrat in spite of the hatred of them from the Democrat party. It really makes you wonder if these two groups, in spite of their intelligence, are politically ignorant.

Keep crying racism joe. You’ve clearly bought that line of bullshit lock stock and barrel.
Blacks will continue to fail under your leftist, excuse making policies. We will keep pissing money away on a problem that won’t be going anywhere.
I have to admit, I laughed at your mention of “welfare queens” being stereotypes. So they don’t exist? I don’t see them every day? I don’t see them waddling their fat asses in, “nails and hair did”, Dey gots fo’ churrins with different guys, got Dey new sail foam, on every form of welfare there is and unemployed. Sometimes mom comes in as well with them... she’s unemployed and judging by the ages she had the kid at 14-17.
Racist stereotype.... right.
Welfare Queens? The trailer parks are full of them. Some of them can cook up a mean batch of meth.
They are trash as well.
Sucks.

Not sure what this "Walter" shit is... I mean, are you stealing insults from the Mail Order Bride From Hell? Come up with your own insults that don't make any sense.

When the cops start shooting Asian kids in the back, then Asians can totally complain about their plight.

Asians are not out committing crimes in which an officer would need to shoot them. If a police officer tells them to freeze, like most other people, they don't move. They, like most whites, listen to the orders of the police officer.

Okay, let's look at that. Which party has been exploiting "race"?

That would be the Democrats. They use race to advance their political agenda. Which party tried to stop school choice that helped many black parents and students? Which party is ushering in third world foreigners who compete against blacks for low skilled labor that many blacks typically take? Which party treats blacks like the kids on the short bus promoting they can't do a damn thing without the Democrat party paving the way for them? Which party promoted single-family households that typically keep poor people in poverty? Some black areas have a 90% out of wedlock birth rate. Single parent homes also have a strong link to incarceration rates in the US.

The democrat party is evil. It has been evil since it was founded by slave owners....joe loves to talk about the "Slave rapist" founders....then votes for the democrat party, the actual political party of slave owners.....he is an idiot...

The goal is no longer simply winning elections.......the goal must be the total destruction of the democrat party as an electoral entity.......they are the root cause of evil in our country, and they need to be destroyed.

The democrat party is evil. It has been evil since it was founded by slave owners....joe loves to talk about the "Slave rapist" founders....then votes for the democrat party, the actual political party of slave owners.....he is an idiot...

The goal is no longer simply winning elections.......the goal must be the total destruction of the democrat party as an electoral entity.......they are the root cause of evil in our country, and they need to be destroyed.

Totally agree. They complain about us carrying guns for protection, and they're the people we need to carry our guns for.

Democrats don't like groups of people who don't need them, so they bring in all these uneducated poor people from the south to replace Americans who moved up in life and could care less if the Democrat party totally disappeared tomorrow. But we will never totally defeat them as long as they keep creating more victims and prolong poverty.

The only real solution to our political problems is having two countries instead of one. Divide the country with a line down the middle from north to south, each one getting the same square mileage, build a huge Trump wall so they can't come to our side, and live happily ever after.

We thought you defunded the cops, meth head joe, so what's the problem, princess?

Put down the bottle...

That would be the Democrats. They use race to advance their political agenda. Which party tried to stop school choice that helped many black parents and students?

School choice didn't help anyone but the investors in private education scams.

• Marginalized and underserved populations (impoverished, Black communities, English language learners, etc.) do often welcome school choice as a possible avenue to greater equity of opportunity; that promise has also proven to be empty, but underserved populations’ support for school choice is also misread. School choice and charter schools have driven school re-segregation (clearly not a positive outcome for Black parents and students) and has not guaranteed that all students have the opportunities found in elite private schools (the choice of wealthy and mostly white parents). If public schools simply served all students well and fully, then the support for school choice found among marginalized groups would disappear.

Which party is ushering in third world foreigners who compete against blacks for low skilled labor that many blacks typically take?

Blacks don't want to do those jobs any more than white people do.

Before you say, "You should hire Americans," consider this: Americans don't want my kind of jobs.

As a requirement of the visa process, I ran "help wanted" ads in my area, and not a single American applied. You can guess why they wouldn't: Who naturally gravitates toward hard labor for eight months and then four months of no work?

In contrast, workers from Central America—and Mexico, too—can return to their countries and step into jobs created there by the winter growing season. If everything is progressing as it should, these employees become available to work for their employers year after year, which helps their families, the employers and the customers needing services.

Which party treats blacks like the kids on the short bus promoting they can't do a damn thing without the Democrat party paving the way for them?

Because, realistically, left to their own devices, business owners WILL discriminate...

Which party promoted single-family households that typically keep poor people in poverty? Some black areas have a 90% out of wedlock birth rate. Single parent homes also have a strong link to incarceration rates in the US.

You see, this is one of those areas where you are confused. Assuming you meant "Single Parent" households, the reality is, most black fathers are involved in their children's lives, whether they marry the mom or not.

Guy, the slave owners got driven out of the Democratic Party when they lost the civil war...

I know you aren't up on that in your Home Skule classes.

Wow, it's fun to watch you guys whimper and cry and make threats after you just got your asses handed to you.

That's because Asians haven't fallen for the left's "non-whites need our help because they can't succeed otherwise" victimhood bullshit.

Asians were never slaves. They never were subjected to Genocide in this country.

Yes, you can point to specific discrimination, but nothing like the institutionalized racism against Blacks or Native Americans.

I love colored people. :)

School choice didn't help anyone but the investors in private education scams.

Then why do black people continue to want it?

Blacks don't want to do those jobs any more than white people do.

Illegals and foreigners in general are in all sectors of our labor market.

MW-FI222_201703_20170315171527_NS.png

Before you say, "You should hire Americans," consider this: Americans don't want my kind of jobs.

As a requirement of the visa process, I ran "help wanted" ads in my area, and not a single American applied. You can guess why they wouldn't: Who naturally gravitates toward hard labor for eight months and then four months of no work?

In contrast, workers from Central America—and Mexico, too—can return to their countries and step into jobs created there by the winter growing season. If everything is progressing as it should, these employees become available to work for their employers year after year, which helps their families, the employers and the customers needing services.

Americans will do any job provided wage is proportional to the labor they provide. My father was a bricklayer. He worked in the hot humid summers we have here in Cleveland. Did side jobs when he got home from work. Underwent several back surgeries due to his profession, multiple other injures he suffered on the job. But Dad made a good living. Due to medical reasons, he retried at the age of 62. He's 89 today and still receiving his pension. If he passes away before my mother, she will get his pension until her death.

You are all over USMB complaining how cheap employers are, yet when they pay so little that only foreigners would be willing to work for that kind of money, you support it. You are such a hypocrite it's not even funny.

Because, realistically, left to their own devices, business owners WILL discriminate...

No they won't. First of all we have laws against that. Secondly, employers do have a favorite color, and that color is green. The employee (regardless of race) who makes the employer that green is the employers favorite worker.

You see, this is one of those areas where you are confused. Assuming you meant "Single Parent" households, the reality is, most black fathers are involved in their children's lives, whether they marry the mom or not.

Then why don't I see that here? I live in a black community. Most of our police calls are about kids, and many times it's the single mother who is calling them. In fact we made a policy years ago where if police are called out to a residence more than three times a year, the city bills the land owner for any additional calls. Our police simply don't have the time to be surogate fathers.

Then why do black people continue to want it?

They really don't, but the ones who do have been conned by the Conservatards who've convinced them that their kid is getting into the nice elite school, instead of the fly-by-nite operation that closes in a year.

Examining data for every private school that participated in the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program (MPCP) between years 1991 and 2015, analysts find that 41 percent of the 247 schools that participated for at least one year failed—meaning that they were terminated via regulatory action or else voluntarily shut their doors. Another 11 percent either merged with another school or converted to a charter school. The analysis includes information on both the likelihood of leaving the program and the risk of failing.

Start-up voucher schools and those unaffiliated with a religious institution have comparatively higher risks of failure over time. Simply being a start-up increases the risk of failure by 332 percent, and the risk of leaving MPCP for any reason increases it by about 218 percent. (The average time to reach failure for a failed start-up is 4.3 years, compared to 8.7 for existing schools.) On average, start-up MPCP schools enroll 90 percent of their students via vouchers

Now, I was a product of Catholic Schools, which is why I have such an unquenching hatred of organized religion today. (I started to figure out it was bullshit when I was 11 and the nun said God had to drown every baby in the world because they were WICKED BABIES.) But here was the thing. My parents were dedicated to making me succeed their because they had skin in the game. they were paying for this shit. (Except the last two years, I paid for it with my min. Wage job.)

You give a kid a voucher, his parents aren't going to care any more than they cared when he went to a public school. And of course, the schools will be able to refuse kids with disabilities or behavioral problem that the Public Schools will still have to take.

Illegals and foreigners in general are in all sectors of our labor market.

But not in ones that people actually want to work. It's not like you are going out and getting one of these jobs, Welfare Ray. heck, why don't you become an Uber Driver?

You are all over USMB complaining how cheap employers are, yet when they pay so little that only foreigners would be willing to work for that kind of money, you support it. You are such a hypocrite it's not even funny.

I fully support a minimum wage of $15.00. Americans wouldn't work the shitty jobs even if they paid that.

No they won't. First of all we have laws against that. Secondly, employers do have a favorite color, and that color is green. The employee (regardless of race) who makes the employer that green is the employers favorite worker.

Bullshit. I've seen some real slugs in my time who only had jobs because they were relatives or friends of the boss, while the harder working employers went largely unrecognized. I talked about the story where the White Intern got the boss's special attention while two women of color were so ignored they eventually got fed up and quit.

Then why don't I see that here?

Um, because you are racist as shit.

"Damn, that single mom is getting a welfare check!!!! Huff, huff, huff"
"Hey, here's your disability check, Ray!"

They really don't, but the ones who do have been conned by the Conservatards who've convinced them that their kid is getting into the nice elite school, instead of the fly-by-nite operation that closes in a year.

School vouchers mean the parents get money for them to send their child to a school OF THEIR CHOICE. Government doesn't decide where their kid goes. I know how liberals hate when we have choices.

Now, I was a product of Catholic Schools, which is why I have such an unquenching hatred of organized religion today. (I started to figure out it was bullshit when I was 11 and the nun said God had to drown every baby in the world because they were WICKED BABIES.) But here was the thing. My parents were dedicated to making me succeed their because they had skin in the game. they were paying for this shit. (Except the last two years, I paid for it with my min. Wage job.)

You give a kid a voucher, his parents aren't going to care any more than they cared when he went to a public school. And of course, the schools will be able to refuse kids with disabilities or behavioral problem that the Public Schools will still have to take.

Well there you go. They won't accept disruptive kids meaning that your child will be better able to concentrate on his studies. One of the reasons people use these programs is because the inner-city schools are filled with kids who don't want to learn thus holding everybody else up. The environment is noisy, violent and drug filled. I guarantee you that when parents are putting their own money into their children's education, they are getting more involved. Vouchers only cover most of the cost.

Now, for every study that shows they don't work well, I'll show you studies that show they do. Irregardless, it gives parents the choice of where they want to send their kids to school.

But not in ones that people actually want to work. It's not like you are going out and getting one of these jobs, Welfare Ray. heck, why don't you become an Uber Driver?

Uber doesn't pay anything; at least not enough money to put all those miles on your vehicle. When it comes to transportation, you have to figure in fuel, maintenance, insurance, and vehicle replacement cost. Uber doesn't pay enough to cover all those things and make a half-way decent wage.

I fully support a minimum wage of $15.00. Americans wouldn't work the shitty jobs even if they paid that.

Americans work those jobs all the time if they pay enough. People work in mines miles under the earths surface. They work in 0 degree weather in water half way up to their boots to repair water lines all hours of the night. They work 20 stories high washing windows, putting up iron beams, building bridges. They join our military and get shipped all over the world for next to nothing, but the benefits and patriotism make it worth it.

The Democrats lie to you about it because their goal is to wipe you and me out of the political picture. If you are white, the Democrats have a target on your back.

Bullshit. I've seen some real slugs in my time who only had jobs because they were relatives or friends of the boss, while the harder working employers went largely unrecognized. I talked about the story where the White Intern got the boss's special attention while two women of color were so ignored they eventually got fed up and quit.

And because of what you thought you seen, the entire country operates the same way.

Um, because you are racist as shit.

"Damn, that single mom is getting a welfare check!!!! Huff, huff, huff"
"Hey, here's your disability check, Ray!"

I said nothing about welfare. See how bad your OCD is getting? You can't even pay attention to what you're reading. I said single-parent homes are more likely to lead to poverty, unruly children, and criminal activity. Boys need a man in the house for guidance.

Thank you for whitesplaining to me what it means to be Asian, Walter.

Not sure what this "Walter" shit is... I mean, are you stealing insults from the Mail Order Bride From Hell? Come up with your own insults that don't make any sense.

When the cops start shooting Asian kids in the back, then Asians can totally complain about their plight.
Oh, yes, more racism against the Asian lady.

You just can't help it. You're a racist.

What the hell?

A Washington state school district has removed Asians from a category denoting people of color in a report discussing opportunity and performance gaps, according to media reports.

North Thurston Public Schools lumped Asian and white students together in its equity report and measured their achievements against a student of color category that includes people of Black, Hispanic, Native American, Pacific Islander and multi-racial students, according to Reason.com, a libertarian magazine.

The move drew scrutiny on social media.

"I guess we are "white" now," one user tweeted.

The democrat party has been and still is the party of racism. Asians are successful on their own. They were hard, keep their families intact and work to get their children educated....so they are a threat to the democrat party. Since they are a minority of the minority communities, they can be targeted for race based discrimination...so the democrats discriminate against them.

The sad thing is? The majority of Asians vote for the democrat party, the party that is going to target them......
Look at George Takei. He and his family were put in an internment camp by Democrats because they were Asian when he was as child -- and he still wants people to vote Democrat.

That's because Asians haven't fallen for the left's "non-whites need our help because they can't succeed otherwise" victimhood bullshit.

Asians were never slaves. They never were subjected to Genocide in this country.

Yes, you can point to specific discrimination, but nothing like the institutionalized racism against Blacks or Native Americans.

What do you mean? There are slaves in China right now. Who do you think makes your shoes?
He's okay with that, since he can't blame Whitey.

There are poor white people, middle-class white people, and wealthy white people. There are poor black people, middle-class black people, and wealthy black people. So what does this tell us? It tells us there is no institutional racism in this country.

We will never see a time in our life where everybody is treated equally or everybody is individually liked. But to take isolated instances and say it's widespread is just plain stupidity.

Going back to the OP, Asians are no longer a minority group as far as the school is concerned. Is it because they hate Asians, or is it because Asians outperform other groups of people as a whole? For many years colleges have given blacks extra points on their entrance exam, no extra points for whites, and deducted points if you were of Asian descent. I don't think it was nefarious, they were just trying to make it so everybody has an equal chance to enter their college.

The major institutionalized racism in this country today is the kind Booker T. Washington warned us about.

School vouchers mean the parents get money for them to send their child to a school OF THEIR CHOICE. Government doesn't decide where their kid goes. I know how liberals hate when we have choices.

Except it never works that way... The schools end up choosing the students, which means they end up getting subsidies for the kids they were going to take anyway.

Now, for every study that shows they don't work well, I'll show you studies that show they do. Irregardless, it gives parents the choice of where they want to send their kids to school.

Okay, but all those studies are paid for by the Charter School industry.

Want the Public Schools to get better. Make the kids of the affluent go to them.

Uber doesn't pay anything; at least not enough money to put all those miles on your vehicle. When it comes to transportation, you have to figure in fuel, maintenance, insurance, and vehicle replacement cost. Uber doesn't pay enough to cover all those things and make a half-way decent wage.

Welfare Ray, always with the excuse.

Americans work those jobs all the time if they pay enough. People work in mines miles under the earths surface. They work in 0 degree weather in water half way up to their boots to repair water lines all hours of the night. They work 20 stories high washing windows, putting up iron beams, building bridges. They join our military and get shipped all over the world for next to nothing, but the benefits and patriotism make it worth it.

Guy, you seem to miss the point. The One Percent didn't get rid of unions to pay people fairly. They got rid of them to pay people less.

And because of what you thought you seen, the entire country operates the same way.

Pretty much. I know you think only your slum experiences count.

I said single-parent homes are more likely to lead to poverty, unruly children, and criminal activity. Boys need a man in the house for guidance.

Most of them do... that's the point. They just don't get married.

Forum List

Back