Watch 2 Canadians Discover That The US Is Now A Police State

I cross the border patrol inspection station north of Laredo, TX all the time.

Usually the agent asks me two questions...Are you an American citizen and Is there anyone with you in the vehicle.

Occasionally, I get a more in depth questioning.

I understand that the agent has a job to do, and I am not inconvenienced by a few questions.

I answer politely, and I go on my merry way.

I've done this at least a thousand times, never an incident.

The TSA? Now that's another story.
I should have mentioned I don't believe all Customs agents are frustrated authoritarians and there probably are many (if not most) who just wish to put in their eight hours and go home. Those who clearly wish to transact by imposing, i.e., interrogating via a personal exchange rather than a brief impersonal inquiry are the ones to watch out for.

But you are so right about the TSA searches, the essential nature of which are grossly offensive. That occupation affords the perfect opportunity for the worst kind of degenerate authoritarian. But it must be a horrid daily ordeal for one who does not derive pleasure from imposing on others in the most personal manner.

I would agree that I don't understand the reasoning for the question "which stores are you going to" when he said he was going to the mall..

That said, I have had much tougher questions asked of me entering both Canada and Mexico before 9-11-01.
Such as? (I'm curious.)

I would agree that I don't understand the reasoning for the question "which stores are you going to" when he said he was going to the mall..

That said, I have had much tougher questions asked of me entering both Canada and Mexico before 9-11-01.
Such as? (I'm curious.)

I guess we'll never know. I was curious too.

I'll grant that the Canadian in the video may have been picking a fight. It's subjective and relative. However, there's no State Department policy requiring a visitor to know in advance what stores he'll be patronizing in a mall, so that's a load of fucking hooey. Further, if you grab my arm and I pull away, I haven't "assaulted" you. If anything it's the other way around. So that's an even bigger crock. Let's acknowledge that, shall we?

Usually the agent asks me two questions...Are you an American citizen and Is there anyone with you in the vehicle.

I understand that the agent has a job to do, and I am not inconvenienced by a few questions.

I should have mentioned I don't believe all Customs agents are frustrated authoritarians and there probably are many (if not most) who just wish to put in their eight hours and go home. Those who clearly wish to transact by imposing, i.e., interrogating via a personal exchange rather than a brief impersonal inquiry are the ones to watch out for.

But you are so right about the TSA searches, the essential nature of which are grossly offensive. That occupation affords the perfect opportunity for the worst kind of degenerate authoritarian. But it must be a horrid daily ordeal for one who does not derive pleasure from imposing on others in the most personal manner.

The last time I flew, I had a run of good luck with TSA.

Since I never know what the terminals are going to be, I always take my cane with me when I fly. ( I need both knees replaced ) I also wear slip on shoes. They always replace my metal cane with their Lucite one and the scanner usually picks up my suspenders.

Since I am always careful to show all of my ID's (None of your business what they are) when I fly, I have never been subjected to the full body pat down.

But that is not to say I haven't seen other people subjected to searches that I would have a very difficult time putting up with.

The only time I have had a confrontation was when I was drinking a bottle of Pepsi as I was waiting in line and they wanted me to either guzzle it or trash it.

The last time I flew, I had a run of good luck with TSA.

Since I never know what the terminals are going to be, I always take my cane with me when I fly. ( I need both knees replaced ) I also wear slip on shoes. They always replace my metal cane with their Lucite one and the scanner usually picks up my suspenders.

Since I am always careful to show all of my ID's (None of your business what they are) when I fly, I have never been subjected to the full body pat down.

But that is not to say I haven't seen other people subjected to searches that I would have a very difficult time putting up with.

The only time I have had a confrontation was when I was drinking a bottle of Pepsi as I was waiting in line and they wanted me to either guzzle it or trash it.

In one TSA line dance I was drinking a bottle of water which they told me to discard, so I did. But they said nothing about the full liter water bottle in my carry-on. Pretty lax of them, since given a dozen co-conspirators doing the same thing I could have waterboarded all the passengers, one at a time.

Security theater.

Forum List

Back