Watch And Weep: Here's A Video Of People Signing Petition To Repeal Bill Of Rights...

:cool:
Did our schools have anything to do with this phenomenon of cowardice in people who do not understand the cost that was paid for their freedoms?

I just can't believe they're cranking out citizens who don't understand their freedoms and what they will give up if they put them on the shelf.

Yes its the Unions fault. :doubt:

You know, I don’t see a single mention of unions in the posts that you quoted.

Perhaps you should quote the relevant statements that you are referring to…

Just cutting through the bs

And the scary part? They actually have the right to vote!
Word it correctly and these fools would sign themselves into slavery.

which is why we should have background checks on voters. a vote in the hands of the wrong person is just as dangerous as a gun

:lol:

This is just as bad as the folks who are "signing away their rights" (If that's to be believed).

But then again..you are a Cop.

which is why we should have background checks on voters. a vote in the hands of the wrong person is just as dangerous as a gun

:lol:

This is just as bad as the folks who are "signing away their rights" (If that's to be believed).

But then again..you are a Cop.

Someone who could not pass the Citizenship test we require for Naturalization ----
IS a threat to the system...

Why would people who believe in secession, nullification, and the right to ignore the Constitution in general

need a Bill of Rights?
To whom are you referring?

Perhaps you could start a thread with a video that shows them signing such a petition.

OR, you could reply to the topic at hand.

Why do you think someone would willingly sign a petition to abolish the BoR?

I'd sign one to take your keyboard away
:cuckoo:

When I went to school (in the 40s and 50s) one part of our curriculum was Civics, in which we learned about federal government, the Constitution, State and local governments, etc. I recall that it was mostly boring but we were required to learn and pass tests on those subjects.

I understand this is no longer the case. I've heard there are no Civics classes in today's preparatory or high schools. If this is true it is an obvious failing on the part of the Congress and all state and local legislators and may be regarded as a conscious effort to dumb down the voting public.

Civics is now taught in high schools within the syllabus of American History. there is no longer a civics, current events course offered outside of the private school education environment. Sad testament to how education has evolved, or should I say regressed.

How to avoid the looming Idiocracy?

New voter qualifications?

1. Photo ID from State or Federal government.

2. Literacy test.

3. Intelligence test.

4. Recent events test.

With (2) thru (4) available online and at public libraries and city halls and the like, free of charge, months in advance of any election.

Scored by the computer network operated by the US Department of Voter Qualification Testing and Certification, which issues virtual and/or hardcopy Certificates of Eligibility for a four or eight year period before another test is required, and whose central database is accessible by the Voter Qualification Verification computers of each and every Election Jurisdiction in the country, in order to eliminate local-level Voter Qualification mischief while preserving local Voter Jurisdiction in all or most other respects.

Fail any of the above four criteria and tests - any any allowed re-takes of such tests - and you lose your vote for that election, and must wait for the next, to try again.

Rather like failing your Driver's License written exam.

In the form of a Constitutional Amendment, so the US Supreme Court can't fuck with it.
tongue_smile.gif

That ought to cull the herd and keep-out the riff-raff and drooling idiots...

Just an Alternative Universe Joke, Nightmare, or a valid alternative?
wink_smile.gif

Last edited:
Civics is now taught in high schools within the syllabus of American History. there is no longer a civics, current events course offered outside of the private school education environment. Sad testament to how education has evolved, or should I say regressed.

Are you sure about this because I think you are incorrect. At least in the early 2000’s I know that there was still one year required for Government/Econ in high school. That only gives a short half class for the government (not nearly enough) BUT it was still something and it was required.

The class did take your history slot for that year though.

While this was a staged event to find idiots, it should be of some concern to people regardless of their political views, that there are some people so dumb they signed a petition to repeal the Bill of Rights.
I'm already aware that total morons exist.

These people are too dumb for words to describe, people that dumb just should not be allowed anywhere near a ballot or polling station...they are just too dumb to vote.

Like I said - rightie hates it when people vote.

While this was a staged event to find idiots, it should be of some concern to people regardless of their political views, that there are some people so dumb they signed a petition to repeal the Bill of Rights.
I'm already aware that total morons exist.

These people are too dumb for words to describe, people that dumb just should not be allowed anywhere near a ballot or polling station...they are just too dumb to vote.

Like I said - rightie hates it when people vote.

People can't vote to repeal the Bill of Rights. Amendments require Congressional and State approval....or we'd have to have a Constitutional Convention.

The petition is just a statistically invalid opinion poll.

Forum List

Back