Watch And Weep: Here's A Video Of People Signing Petition To Repeal Bill Of Rights...

I see some catty comments from lefties but no comments that actually directly address the video.

That is the beauty of being a left winger. You need not address much of anything. Just keep the faith of hope and change.

$obama_hope-nosis.gif

This is silly. All it shows is that people will do dumb things in awkward social situations. I doubt most them even heard what he was saying beyond "Do you support Obama ...".

The guy repeats "repeal the Bill of Rights" multiple times to each person.

At the very least, it shows how distanced and unaware people are of the things they sign and endorse. It also shows how ripe for manipulation we are (ie hear Obama's name and quit thinking after that).

These folks are like zombies!

They are but unfortunately they are taking non statists down with them...to hell with that nonsense.

At the very least, it shows how distanced and unaware people are of the things they sign and endorse. It also shows how ripe for manipulation we are (ie hear Obama's name and quit thinking after that).

That's definitely true, and disconcerting. I would only hope that the give matters a bit more thought before entering a voting booth.

That's definitely true, and disconcerting. I would only hope that the give matters a bit more thought before entering a voting booth.

Nope. Many people vote the way Fox News or MSNBC tell them to.

Did our schools have anything to do with this phenomenon of cowardice in people who do not understand the cost that was paid for their freedoms?

I just can't believe they're cranking out citizens who don't understand their freedoms and what they will give up if they put them on the shelf.

Oh, my aching back. :rolleyes:

I can't believe what I just saw.

shocking and disgusting. people like this would willingly drink jim jone's koolaid
Did our schools have anything to do with this phenomenon of cowardice in people who do not understand the cost that was paid for their freedoms?

I just can't believe they're cranking out citizens who don't understand their freedoms and what they will give up if they put them on the shelf.

what they also don't realize is that while they are so easy to lose, they are extremely difficult, if not impossible to get back.

This is silly. All it shows is that people will do dumb things in awkward social situations. I doubt most them even heard what he was saying beyond "Do you support Obama ...".

But it so well illustrates the problems that we face: people willing to vote for one guy or the other based on political party but who have zero knowledge about anything government. It is not a matter of whether or not they listened after ‘support Obama,’ but more a matter of the fact that they felt IT WAS NOT NECESSARY.

What they did was equivalent to voting and a real shame because this is the AVERAGE and not the exception.

And now we know the end of the story, we have illiterate, politically naive, and uneducated voters determining the course of the country. I knew there was a fundamental reason the Messiah was reelected and it wasn't based on job performance. What a collective bunch of liberal loser's. I guess its something to be proud of. 7%, I think Franco that number is higher then that, what do you base this one, fantasy, or did you just pull this one out of your ass?

Last edited:
:cool:
Oh, my aching back. :rolleyes:

I can't believe what I just saw.

shocking and disgusting. people like this would willingly drink jim jone's koolaid

Yes its the Unions fault. :doubt:

But it so well illustrates the problems that we face: people willing to vote for one guy or the other based on political party but who have zero knowledge about anything government. It is not a matter of whether or not they listened after ‘support Obama,’ but more a matter of the fact that they felt IT WAS NOT NECESSARY.

What they did was equivalent to voting and a real shame because this is the AVERAGE and not the exception.

Hmmm.. I hear you, but I don't think this little experiment in 'reality tv' was the equivalent of voting. Many factors were present leading people to just follow the interviewer's lead and sign the paper - the presence of a camera, the artificial nature of the 'setup', the 'ambush' aspect of these on the street interviews... People are led into crap like that pretty easily - all of us are susceptible. Also, we have no idea how many people told him to fuck off in between suckers. We have no idea what sort of discussion led up to the clips in question.

Obviously, people ought to be more cognizant of political issues, but I don't think this clip is anything to take seriously. I'm reminded of a similar bit on Penn and Teller's 'Bullshit' where they are getting people to sign a petition to have "H2O" removed from our water supply. It's more of an example of how to run a con than any kind of insight into the state of politics.

:cool:

Yes its the Unions fault. :doubt:

You know, I don’t see a single mention of unions in the posts that you quoted.

Perhaps you should quote the relevant statements that you are referring to…

To many people in this nation does not have any clue as to what's going on.
The sad thing is they don't care.
They don't care about anything.

Hmmm.. I hear you, but I don't think this little experiment in 'reality tv' was the equivalent of voting.
I don’t really see much of a difference though. These people walked up and signed a petition based entirely on ‘support Obama.’ I think that shows very well what people are willing to do to support their ‘side.’ I have stated on a few threads now, this ‘side’ politics that is becoming more prevalent is really turning into an ‘I win’ proposition. When people begin to look at it that way, it does not matter what it takes, as long as they win.
Many factors were present leading people to just follow the interviewer's lead and sign the paper - the presence of a camera, the artificial nature of the 'setup', the 'ambush' aspect of these on the street interviews... People are led into crap like that pretty easily - all of us are susceptible.
Speak for yourself, I am not that susceptible to this type of crap. :D

Then again, I refuse to sign any petition that I do not know about or that is not in front of me to read. That has pretty much left only a few that I have managed to sign and one that actually got passed. I would doubt that you really are susceptible to this though either.

The camera might have a little influence here but again, I think that this is the ‘default’ behavior, not unusual that is brought about by these circumstances. IOW, these people are going to sign/vote based on party not on reality.
Also, we have no idea how many people told him to fuck off in between suckers. We have no idea what sort of discussion led up to the clips in question.
THIS is true. Whole picture would be better. That includes what happened in the middle as well. That is a vital piece that no one ever shows; its less entertaining.
Obviously, people ought to be more cognizant of political issues, but I don't think this clip is anything to take seriously. I'm reminded of a similar bit on Penn and Teller's 'Bullshit' where they are getting people to sign a petition to have "H2O" removed from our water supply. It's more of an example of how to run a con than any kind of insight into the state of politics.
That’s the point though, that is the EXACT same thing. People supporting things that they have no knowledge about, and doing so vehemently. I am reminded of this:
keep-government-out-of-medicaid1.jpg

It is not just petitions. It is rallies, demonstrations, protests, all of it. There is a large number of people out there that participate in these things that vote and that are totally clueless. They have no idea what they are doing, only that they are doing it loud and vehemently. That type of voting AND demonstrating/petitioning completely destroys the fabric of a democracy. It is the EXACT reason that we use representatives. A direct democracy is useless because no one anywhere can understand all of the nuances, details and laws that are before the government to vote on. Representatives are supposed to be deeply knowledgeable so the rest of us can go to work. However, we need to at least study the people that we are voting on. It has come to the point that we are all so damn fat and happy that we cannot be bothered to pick up a damn newspaper once a week to understand the major political hurdles and the individuals that are asking to face them for us.

Pathetic.

Last edited:
We sit here all appalled.. But we've been shown where we're headed..

THIS -- is the govt you get when folks are clueless about how ANYTHING really works...

idiocracy2.gif

If you haven't seen your future...

Idiocracy.jpg

When it first came out -- I thought it is was funny.. Now I doubt we can avoid it...
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Forum List

Back