WATCH: Laura Ingraham wants to shred the U.S. Constitution

All right. For those who have been dumbed down by years of hack media manipulation to the point of having the intellectual bandwidth of bumper stickers, here's the gist.

From the first freaking line of the OP article:

Ingraham: "We Could Do A Lot To Enforce Our Immigration Laws ... We Could Move To End Birthright Citizenship"

Here is the first line of the 14th Amendment:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

Get it now?
Illegal is the word you need to discuss.

Got a question what does illegal immigrants have to do with the 14th amendment?

That question is easily answered by reading the OP and the text of the 14th.
illegals are not given a 14th amendment right, because they are illegal.
Try it again?

1. The Constitution applies to everyone in this country, not just "citizens".

2. The 14th Amendment gives birthright citizenship, which is what the OP is discussing.
ILLEGAL's are not protected by the 14th amendment
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens"
14th Amendment Constitution US Law LII Legal Information Institute

Seriously, dude. Read the OP.

It's not that complicated.

Try it again?
Like the man said, try reading the OP article and then read the 14th amendment. Is that really too much for you to do before spouting off your ignorance?

Shit. I'll make it even easier for you. Read the OP article and then just the first sentence of the 14th amendment.
Maybe if you actually read the 14th amendment you wouldn't look so damn foolish.

Try it again?

2. The 14th Amendment gives birthright citizenship, which is what the OP is discussing.
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens"

I don't have too illegals are not citizens nor are protected by the 14th amendment.

She's suggesting that part of an Amendment would be changed, which would require a legal, legislative act.

The PC Police have no problem with sanctuary cities and sanctuary states that do everything they can to protect people who are in the country illegally, but someone who mentions doing something legal gives them a stroke.

Try it again?

I don't have too illegals are not citizens nor are protected by the 14th amendment.

You don't "have to" do anything - but as long as you continue posting in this thread without any idea of what we're talking about, you're going to continue to look like a fool.

Try it again?

You don't "have to" do anything - but as long as you continue posting in this thread without any idea of what we're talking about, you're going to continue to look like a fool.
I'm not reading the bull shit from nutters op
Now show me where illegals are protected by the 14th amendment? Where are illegals mentioned?

Now show me where illegals are protected by the 14th amendment? Where are illegals mentioned?

No one has said that "illegals" are protected by the 14th amendment.

You did you lying sack of shit
"the Constitution applies to everyone"
dNV3tue.png

If a child is born by illegals the child is still an illegal.

All right. For those who have been dumbed down by years of hack media manipulation to the point of having the intellectual bandwidth of bumper stickers, here's the gist.

Ingraham: "We Could Do A Lot To Enforce Our Immigration Laws ... We Could Move To End Birthright Citizenship"

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside.

Get it now?
A child born in the USA IS NOT ILLEGAL.

But bigots like Ingraham want to make them so.

BIGREBNC1775 SAID:

“I'm not reading the bull shit from nutters op
Now show me where illegals are protected by the 14th amendment? Where are illegals mentioned?”

It can be found here in the 14th Amendment:

'The illegal aliens who are plaintiffs in these cases challenging the statute may claim the benefit of the Equal Protection Clause, which provides that no State shall "deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." Whatever his status under the immigration laws, an alien is a "person" in any ordinary sense of that term. This Court's prior cases recognizing that illegal aliens are "persons" protected by the Due Process Clauses of the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments, which Clauses do not include the phrase "within its jurisdiction," cannot be distinguished on the asserted ground that persons who have entered the country illegally are not "within the jurisdiction" of a State even if they are present within its boundaries and subject to its laws. Nor do the logic and history of the Fourteenth Amendment support such aconstruction. Instead, use of the phrase "within its jurisdiction" confirms the understanding that the Fourteenth Amendment's protection extends to anyone, citizen or stranger, who is subject to the laws of a State, and reaches into every corner of a State's territory. Pp. 210-216.'

Plyler v. Doe LII Legal Information Institute

dNV3tue.png

The Constitution does apply to illegals. They have "freedom of speech" too, as well as all the other protections the Bill of Rights includes.

As for the last part of your post, a child of illegals born in this country is absolutely a US citizen - as the 14th Amendment clearly says.

BIGREBNC1775 SAID:

“I'm not reading the bull shit from nutters op
Now show me where illegals are protected by the 14th amendment? Where are illegals mentioned?”

It can be found here in the 14th Amendment:

'The illegal aliens who are plaintiffs in these cases challenging the statute may claim the benefit of the Equal Protection Clause, which provides that no State shall "deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws." Whatever his status under the immigration laws, an alien is a "person" in any ordinary sense of that term. This Court's prior cases recognizing that illegal aliens are "persons" protected by the Due Process Clauses of the Fifth and Fourteenth Amendments, which Clauses do not include the phrase "within its jurisdiction," cannot be distinguished on the asserted ground that persons who have entered the country illegally are not "within the jurisdiction" of a State even if they are present within its boundaries and subject to its laws. Nor do the logic and history of the Fourteenth Amendment support such aconstruction. Instead, use of the phrase "within its jurisdiction" confirms the understanding that the Fourteenth Amendment's protection extends to anyone, citizen or stranger, who is subject to the laws of a State, and reaches into every corner of a State's territory. Pp. 210-216.'

Plyler v. Doe LII Legal Information Institute
Where is this written in the 14th amendment? The 14th applies only to Citizens of the united states, NOT ILLEGALS.

dNV3tue.png

The Constitution does apply to illegals. They have "freedom of speech" too, as well as all the other protections the Bill of Rights includes.

As for the last part of your post, a child of illegals born in this country is absolutely a US citizen - as the 14th Amendment clearly says.
THE 14TH ONLY APPLIES TO CITIZENS
A child born here to illegals still makes the child illegal.

Get it now?
A child born in the USA IS NOT ILLEGAL.

But bigots like Ingraham want to make them so.
A child born to illegals are still illegal.

dNV3tue.png

Um, no.

You are very clearly wrong. There's not much else to say than that.

The 14th Amendment defines who has citizenship.

BIGREBNC1775 SAID:

“If a child is born by illegals the child is still an illegal.”

Wrong again, as usual:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

14th Amendment, US Constitution.

dNV3tue.png

Um, no.

You are very clearly wrong. There's not much else to say than that.

The 14th Amendment defines who has citizenship.
UH YES IT DOES, AND IT DOESN'T APPLY TO ILLEGALS
Maybe if you actually put more effort to reading the 14th amendment instead of nutters op you might not look so damn stupid.

Forum List

Back