Watch this video and then consider Kim Davis....

How's the Kim Davis recall petition coming?

Kim Davis needs a different job-----she should be GIVEN a different job

No. She certainly should have a different job, but she doesn't deserve for the government to give her one. She was elected to the job she has. If she can't do it, then she, and only she, is responsible for finding her next one

Player Page : Do Muslims believe sharia law supersedes the Constitution? : CenturyLink

I am a Christian and, while I understand her faith and her stance, we have to also consider whether she is putting her faith and responsibility as a government official above the US Constitution AND I she is, is she correct

What is different from what she did with a Muslim that says Sharia law is above the US Constitution? FOX never went there, as long as I watched the video. What do you think?

I am reminded of what Jesus said....Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

so far-----having read the NT------I am not convinced that Jesus actually said that.
It is out of character -------it suggests that he advocated submission to roman
authority. If Jesus actually advocated submission to Roman authority---he would not have chased the money changers from the temple courtyard. Which is it-----
"pay your unjust tax tribute to rome" ----or "resist roman corruption in Jerusalem"??????
We are taught the temple tax was for the Jewish priesthood, not the Romans.... the money changers were Jewish.

Pharisees were trying to trick Jesus in to supporting a war against the ruling Romans and Jesus would have no part of it....thus keep a separation of church and state...render unto Caesar what is Caesar's....
You're jumbling several parables into one.

The reason Jesus destroyed the vender's tables was because he was emotional about returning to the Temple for the first time in years....and saw the merchants making money off of the people who were just trying to worship God.

He blew a gasket.

Last edited:
Player Page : Do Muslims believe sharia law supersedes the Constitution? : CenturyLink

I am a Christian and, while I understand her faith and her stance, we have to also consider whether she is putting her faith and responsibility as a government official above the US Constitution AND I she is, is she correct

What is different from what she did with a Muslim that says Sharia law is above the US Constitution? FOX never went there, as long as I watched the video. What do you think?

I am reminded of what Jesus said....Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

so far-----having read the NT------I am not convinced that Jesus actually said that.
authority. If Jesus actually advocated submission to Roman authority---he would not have chased the money changers from the temple courtyard. Which is it-----
"pay your unjust tax tribute to rome" ----or "resist roman corruption in Jerusalem"??????
We are taught the temple tax was for the Jewish priesthood, not the Romans.... the money changers were Jewish.

Pharisees were trying to trick Jesus in to supporting a war against the ruling Romans and Jesus would have no part of it....thus keep a separation of church and state...render unto Caesar what is Caesar's....

The reason Jesus destroyed the fender's tables was because he was emotional about returning to the Temple for the first time in years....and saw the merchants making money off of the people who were just trying to worship God.

He blew a gasket.

wrong----the reason that Jesus over turned the tables IN THE COMPANY OF A BAND OF FELLOW PHARISEES was because the Pharisees hated the
fact that the ROMAN APPOINTED SADDUCEE PRIESTS had allowed
commerce by all kinds of RIFF RAFF in the precincts of the temple courtyard
and they also knew that ROMAN CORRUPTION was involved. The Pharisees
were. very PURIST about what was supposed to go in IN THE TEMPLE courtyard---
it was not a FLEA MARKET for the benefit of the romans. ----sorry-----but
the fact is that -------those damned money changers in the temple
courtyard is not a unique idea-----it came up here and there as a thorn in the
PHARISEE side-----lots. The overturning of the money changing tables----was
an attack against the SADDUCEES and against ROME. Roman soldiers also
"roamed" the precincts of the Temple-------a big issue for Pharisees. ------
In fact-----business was so brisk------that even the commerce in pigeons et al----
attracted all kinds of "persons" that jews did not want there doing "business" ----
A ROMAN CIRCUS

The reason Jesus destroyed the fender's tables was because he was emotional about returning to the Temple for the first time in years....and saw the merchants making money off of the people who were just trying to worship God.

He blew a gasket.

you should re-read the "new" testament-----the plan was carefully crafted-----
along with a GANG---------it was not ------sudden "COURTYARD RAGE"

Any Christian that supports Democrats is a hypocrite.

It's true.
You have managed to politicize faith. I, as a Christian and a Democrat reject your narrow, dogmatic assertions of politics=faith and faith=politics.
No......Democrats politicized religion by attacking it over the last 20 years, give or take.
What are the manners of these "attacks"? Where have Democrats, or any political party said members of any faith are prohibited from worshipping as they choose?

For all the bellyaching Conservatives make about how they perceive Liberal causes as claims of 'victimhood', this meme of 'attacks' on religion, specifically Christianity smacks more of irony than truth.
Yesterday security removed signs with pictures of the Pope on them outside of the White House......because of separation of church and state.

That's the truth......

He blew a gasket.

wrong----the reason that Jesus over turned the tables IN THE COMPANY OF A BAND OF FELLOW PHARISEES was because the Pharisees hated the
fact that the ROMAN APPOINTED SADDUCEE PRIESTS had allowed
commerce by all kinds of RIFF RAFF in the precincts of the temple courtyard
and they also knew that ROMAN CORRUPTION was involved. The Pharisees
were. very PURIST about what was supposed to go in IN THE TEMPLE courtyard---
it was not a FLEA MARKET for the benefit of the romans. ----sorry-----but
the fact is that -------those damned money changers in the temple
courtyard is not a unique idea-----it came up here and there as a thorn in the
PHARISEE side-----lots. The overturning of the money changing tables----was
an attack against the SADDUCEES and against ROME. Roman soldiers also
"roamed" the precincts of the Temple-------a big issue for Pharisees. ------
In fact-----business was so brisk------that even the commerce in pigeons et al----
attracted all kinds of "persons" that jews did not want there doing "business" ----
A ROMAN CIRCUS
Some of what you said was true....but what you think were his motives is bullshit.

But this is why Muslims are such assholes. Because they're radical religious scholars who think their opinions should be the only opinions.

The same goes for you.....whatever your religion is.

It's true.

Concerning their support of Abortion, homosexual marriage and such I agree. If someone is still a registered Democrat and decides to follow Jesus Christ I support them in their faith to the utmost.
Yes.....but voting for Democrats means that you are facilitating the murder of the unborn, and homosexual-marriage. It's like asking for forgiveness during confession and repeating the same sins......it's totally invalid.

He blew a gasket.

you should re-read the "new" testament-----the plan was carefully crafted-----
along with a GANG---------it was not ------sudden "COURTYARD RAGE"
If you say so.

It's true.
You have managed to politicize faith. I, as a Christian and a Democrat reject your narrow, dogmatic assertions of politics=faith and faith=politics.
No......Democrats politicized religion by attacking it over the last 20 years, give or take.
What are the manners of these "attacks"? Where have Democrats, or any political party said members of any faith are prohibited from worshipping as they choose?

For all the bellyaching Conservatives make about how they perceive Liberal causes as claims of 'victimhood', this meme of 'attacks' on religion, specifically Christianity smacks more of irony than truth.
Yesterday security removed signs with pictures of the Pope on them outside of the White House......because of separation of church and state.

That's the truth......
Prove it.

It's true.

That's the truth......
Prove it.
Saw it reported on Drudge yesterday.....and of course the story has been scrubbed.

Censorship in America......what is this, the Soviet Union?

That's the truth......
Prove it.
Saw it reported on Drudge yesterday.....and of course the story has been scrubbed.

You believe the story was scrubbed due to censorship? Could it have been just bullshit to begin with? Is that as deep as your critical thinking skills go?

That's the truth......
Prove it.

And Drudge is the only media outlet reporting this......right......:cranky:

The reason Jesus destroyed the vender's tables was because he was emotional about returning to the Temple for the first time in years....and saw the merchants making money off of the people who were just trying to worship God.

He blew a gasket.
yes, you are right, i was talking about 2 different verses and combining them, because I was replying to Rosie, who was using both of these scriptures to express why she wasn't so certain Jesus even said give unto Caesar what is his....

the money changers and animals for sacrifice sellers were making a profit off of worshipers, true...this angered him, because of the evil in their hearts.... if they had been simply selling and exchanging money, without realizing what they were doing to harm others, he would have used REASONing with them, but HE saw that they knew what they were doing and didn't care....they were hypocrites, like many Jews at the time that came to the temple 3 times a year to give their animal sacrifice as a requirement. They gave their animal sacrifice for forgiveness of sins and as they walked away they continued to sin, being the same ole adulterers and sinners that encompassed them....

is what I was taught about it....

plus, HE knew that He would be the final Lamb sacrificed.

He blew a gasket.
yes, you are right, i was talking about 2 different verses and combining them, because I was replying to Rosie, who was using both of these scriptures to express why she wasn't so certain Jesus even said give unto Caesar what is his....

the money changers and animals for sacrifice sellers were making a profit off of worshipers, true...this angered him, because of the evil in their hearts.... if they had been simply selling and exchanging money, without realizing what they were doing to harm others, he would have used REASONing with them, but HE saw that they knew what they were doing and didn't care....they were hypocrites, like many Jews at the time that came to the temple 3 times a year to give their animal sacrifice as a requirement. They gave their animal sacrifice for forgiveness of sins and as they walked away they continued to sin, being the same ole adulterers and sinners that encompassed them....

whoever taught you did not make much sense------he attacked merchants doing
a job because he knew that he was the "final lamb"??? You seem to have
been taught by a very dull hypocrite. Did he object to the Good Humor man with
the ice cream truck because he made a profit selling popsicles?

That's the truth......
Prove it.

And Drudge is the only media outlet reporting this......right......:cranky:
Drudge merely puts links to stories that other's are reporting on the Drudgereport.

They don't report anything.

I just did a search and found this story. Landmark peace vigil outside White House removed, then returned
I found a story about some landmark peace group that had a display in front of the White House that the secret service took down, but then put it back up.
Maybe the reporter fudged the report a bit. Or, it was accurate and they were ordered to withdraw the story.

Wouldn't be the first time.

He blew a gasket.

Now you're being stupid.
Is everything a joke to you?

He blew a gasket.

Now you're being stupid.
Is everything a joke to you?

that which you were taught about the temple court yard by Jesus and his gang of
Pharisees IS A JOKE--------that action plus a few more actions against rome and
the Sadducees led to his crucifixion-------in fact in the 10 year career of Pontius pilate---
historians claim he crucified some ~~ 10,000 victims for the crime of sedition against rome---
that was the REASON for crucifying people-----Sedition against rome------no one thought
it was a "joke" back then.

He blew a gasket.

here's someone better with words than I on it....

However, Jesus’ action in the Court of the Gentiles was more than simply an angry outburst against corruption. How do we know that? As He cleanses the area, Jesus quotes a phrase from the prophet, Jeremiah: “Will you steal, murder, commit adultery, swear falsely, burn incenses to Baal, and…then come and stand before Me in this house, which is called by My Name, and say, ‘We are delivered!’—only to go on doing all these abominations? Has this house… become a den of robbers in your eyes?” (Jer 7:9-11) Here, the judgment against God’s people is not simply doing business where they shouldn’t have; rather, it was their great hypocrisy and presumption in believing that simply by keeping Temple rituals, God would deliver them against the threat of their enemies, even though they lived in great covenant infidelity. In Jeremiah’s day, as in Jesus’ day, God’s charge against His people was their empty religion—maintaining their liturgies with hearts far from Him. The fact that the Court of the Gentiles, which was supposed to be a place of prayer and evangelization, had become a “marketplace” was emblematic of Israel’s terrible spiritual desolation.

In His cleansing of the Temple, Jesus prophetically demonstrates that the Temple was no longer a place of true encounter with God, for Jews or Gentiles. It was destined to be eclipsed and replaced. That is why, when the Jews questioned Jesus’ authority for His action, He enigmatically predicts a destruction—but not of the Temple building. No, He referred to His own Body as “this Temple.” He spoke of His death and resurrection as the “sign” of His authority to bring an end to animal sacrifice (which is why He drove out the animals) and to open encounter with God to all the nations (restoring the true meaning of the Court of the Gentiles). Unlike a “zealot,” who unleashes violence on others, Jesus’ “zeal” for His Father’s house would consume Him, leading to His own death on he Cross.

I'm not asking you to believe any of this, you can believe whatever you like Rosie!!!

How's the Kim Davis recall petition coming?

Kim Davis needs a different job-----she should be GIVEN a different job
She cant be impeached?

no----she acted according to CONSCIENCE-----bad precedent to impeach
a person for that sort of thing-----LETS USE OUR HEADS----BE PRACTICAL---
what is this -----a GAME OF REVENGE OR SPITE?
The only precedent for acting on conscience as a government person is if you've been drafted to kill on the behalf of the government. Rather than revenge or spite this is specifically for precedent.

God's law trumps human law
Really? Whose interpretation of God's Law is correct? The Amish interpretation? The Orthodox Jewish interpretation? The Sunni Muslim interpretation? The Baptist interpretation? The Methodist interpretation?

When you say something as patently stupid as God's law trumps human law, you reveal a deeper lack of intellect than you may wish to.

The authorized King James Bible is the Word of God and the final authority.
Really? tell that to the Amish, the Orthodox Jews, the Sunni Muslims, the Taoists, the Hindus, Shiite Muslims and every other faith on this planet. Oh, don't forget to tell that to those who defend the constitution of the United states.

Here's a news flash: we live in a secular nation the constitution, not the King James Bible.

While the Bible is a compendium of beautiful poetry, unbridled spirituality, parable, full of sex violence and war, it is not a book of laws applicable to the United States of America.

I am wearing a shirt made of both cotton fibers and polyester fibers. According to the King James Bible, I'm breaking the law. If you look out back in the vegetable garden, you will find tomatoes and peppers growing side by side. I'm breaking God's law. Today for lunch, I'll have a cheeseburger. That too is breaking God's law.

And here is a news flash for you. The Supreme Court had no right to redefine marriage in order to change the laws of this land and make same sex marriage legal. What they did was illegal.
Correction. The court ruled that it is not legal for government to make a definition of marriage based on religious tradition because kim davis will use the definition to discriminate against people who don't have her beliefs.

Forum List

Back