Watching 60 Minutes And it’s scary!!

First segment was about people traveling from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala and asking for asylum in the US. It’s nuts. Agents overwhelmed, not enough food or medicine or way to deal with the people. Courts are five years behind in terms of hearings. Unfortunately I cannot post a link as this is happening real time. But what a disaster. Why aren’t our politicians concerned?

Edit: They stated the migrants pay ~$3k per person to the cartels in Mexico.
Here's a question for anyone paying attention. How is it that they can afford to pay many thousands of dollars to get here yet once they're here they have nothing but a sad story to tell.
And as for that so called Catholic charity, why doesn't that nun operate her charity down there? Obviously there's more suffering going on down there rather than here.
------------------------------- agree , these illegal aliens are so , so poor but they pay thousands to cartels or coyotes to get to the USA . I figure that these stories are simply BS DICK .

First segment was about people traveling from Honduras, El Salvador and Guatemala and asking for asylum in the US. It’s nuts. Agents overwhelmed, not enough food or medicine or way to deal with the people. Courts are five years behind in terms of hearings. Unfortunately I cannot post a link as this is happening real time. But what a disaster. Why aren’t our politicians concerned?

Because Trump WANTS this to happen. He's encouraged it by threatening to close the border. The worse it gets there, the more justification he has to do what he wants to do - close the southern border.

This is a tried and true conservative tactic: create a crisis where none existed before, and then solve the crisis.

Why are you making this all about Trump? Should not every politician and US Citizen be concerned? This should be a bi-partisan issue.
---------------------------------------- Shoulda been an issue 40 years ago . USA Government knew exactly how things would go . But even now , there are immigration advocates on this board . ------------ legal , illegal , they are all the same thing .

Here's a question for anyone paying attention. How is it that they can afford to pay many thousands of dollars to get here yet once they're here they have nothing but a sad story to tell.
And as for that so called Catholic charity, why doesn't that nun operate her charity down there? Obviously there's more suffering going on down there rather than here.

These are MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE who are selling everything they have to get their families OUT of these narco-terrorist states BEFORE Trump closes the border.

When Trump took office, illegal border crossings and asylum seekers were at a 70 year low. Now, BECAUSE of Trump's talk about "building a wall" and "closing the Southern Border", people seeking safety for the families fear they have to come now or there will be no way to claim asylum. They selling everything they have left to get to the USA and safety.

Trump created this crisis with his loose talk to scare his base into supporting the building of his useless, expensive and totally unnecessary wall. Then he cut off the aid to these countries which was fighting the gang violence there, making more people fearful of staying.

At every step along the way, Trump's policies have made things WORSE. The separation of families, slowing the number of asylum seekers allowed in per day, increased illegal crossings. Incarcerating entire families filled detention centres to overflowing.

But on a positive side, it's putting hundreds of millions of dollars into the pockets of the "for-profit" prison companies which contributed to heavily to Trump's $100 million dollar "inauguration fund". So far those contributions have netted these companies $200 million in contracts from the Trump Administration.

Last edited:

These are MIDDLE CLASS PEOPLE who are selling everything they have to get their families OUT of these narco-terrorist states BEFORE Trump closes the border.

When Trump took office, illegal border crossings and asylum seekers were at a 70 year low. Now, BECAUSE of Trump's talk about "building a wall" and "closing the Southern Border", people seeking safety for the families fear they have to come now or there will be no way to claim asylum. They selling everything they have left to get to the USA and safety.

Trump created this crisis with his loose talk to scare his base into supporting the building of his useless, expensive and totally unnecessary wall. Then he cut off the aid to these countries which was fighting the gang violence there, making more people fearful of staying.

At every step along the way, Trump's policies have made things WORSE. The separation of families, slowing the number of asylum seekers allowed in per day, increased illegal crossings. Incarcerating entire families filled detention centres to overflowing.

But on a positive side, it's putting hundreds of millions of dollars into the pockets of the "for-profit" prison companies which contributed to heavily to Trump's $100 million dollar "inauguration fund". So far those contributions have netted these companies $200 million in contracts from the Trump Administration.

So your solution would be?

Just stop it! Stop all of the lies, the racist rhetoric, and send the army to El Salvador, Honduras, and clean out the narco gangs. Shut the MS13 leadership in the USA DOWN. And stop pretending the US didn't export these criminals to these countries.

Provide MORE foreign aid, not less, to help these countries support a strong and vibrant middle class, free from the threat of narco-terrorism.

As for illegal immigration, start prosecuting those who hire illegals, either knowingly, or unknowingly. Make certain that EMPLOYERS are responsible for know who they're hiring. Make a citizenship/green card/SSN search a mandatory requirement for employers.

Get your databases in order. When withholding is submitted, send ICE out to investigate any instances where the names and the numbers don't match. Make EMPLOYERS responsible for the flood of illegal immigrants, because they are responsible for them. If illegal immigrants couldn't easily find employment once they arrive, they wouldn't come at all.

Just stop it! Stop all of the lies, the racist rhetoric, and send the army to El Salvador, Honduras, and clean out the narco gangs. Shut the MS13 leadership in the USA DOWN. And stop pretending the US didn't export these criminals to these countries.

Provide MORE foreign aid, not less, to help these countries support a strong and vibrant middle class, free from the threat of narco-terrorism.

As for illegal immigration, start prosecuting those who hire illegals, either knowingly, or unknowingly. Make certain that EMPLOYERS are responsible for know who they're hiring. Make a citizenship/green card/SSN search a mandatory requirement for employers.

Get your databases in order. When withholding is submitted, send ICE out to investigate any instances where the names and the numbers don't match. Make EMPLOYERS responsible for the flood of illegal immigrants, because they are responsible for them. If illegal immigrants couldn't easily find employment once they arrive, they wouldn't come at all.

Provide, provide, provide, more, more, more...

I bet this person has never contributed anything, just siphoned of others. My body my wallet, I am afraid. And of course, my country... so illegals find the door.

I watched it.
Got bummed out that Democrats are behind the 'balkinization' of America in order to bolster their voting rolls.
On the bright side, I'm going to be 66 this year, and have been fortunate enough to have lived through some of the best times in America, thanks to the 'greatest generation' in WWII, benefited from America's apex and my own hard work.
So, personally, if I'm lucky, I have 10-15 years to witness America to continue to ascend towards freedom, liberty, and justice; or descend into bondage, totalitarianism, and servitude.
Either way, I still consider myself fortunate.
Will you?

I watched it.
Got bummed out that Democrats are behind the 'balkinization' of America in order to bolster their voting rolls.
On the bright side, I'm going to be 66 this year, and have been fortunate enough to have lived through some of the best times in America, thanks to the 'greatest generation' in WWII, benefited from America's apex and my own hard work.
So, personally, if I'm lucky, I have 10-15 years to witness America to continue to ascend towards freedom, liberty, and justice; or descend into bondage, totalitarianism, and servitude.
Will you?
---------------------------------- yep , thats exactly how i see things at 4 years your senior at 70 BKidd .

I watched it.
Will you?
---------------------------------- yep , thats exactly how i see things at 4 years your senior at 70 BKidd .

Thank you.
I knew I wasn't alone.

Many of the conditions driving Central American migration, both political and natural, will only get worse over the coming decades:
CentralAmerica2014_v1_2018update.jpg

Climate change is pushing Central American migrants to the US | Lauren Markham

"The northern triangle of Central America, the largest source of asylum seekers crossing the US border, is deeply affected by environmental degradation."

60 Minutes seemed to be thrilled about the invasion.

If they can afford 3k each, isn’t that like 2 years worth of rent in their country? Why do they need to come here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

th

Give them a meal, bed, and then send them back across the border with an application for statehood.

Once their sovereign nation decides to become a sovereign state they can go anywhere in the United States they desire.

We'll just add a blue star to the end of each stipe as we enter new states into the Union.

*****SMILE*****

:)

No fucking thank you, why on earth do you want people who turn their own countries into 3rd world shitholes to come here and turn ours into a 3rd world shithole. It is bad enough we have those on the left who tried like hell and almost succeeded in making the US such a miserable and impoverished nation, but thank God that the people of the US woke up and voted the sick bitch out.

phil18.jpg

You wont to meet my seester?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"The northern triangle of Central America, the largest source of asylum seekers crossing the US border, is deeply affected by environmental degradation."

What environmental degradation?
What environmental degradation?
1475087344403217.jpg

Climate change is pushing Central American migrants to the US | Lauren Markham

"The average temperature in Central America has increased by 0.5C since 1950; it is projected to rise another 1-2 degrees before 2050.

"This has a dramatic impact on weather patterns, on rainfall, on soil quality, on crops’ susceptibility to disease, and thus on farmers and local economies.

"Meanwhile, incidences of storms, floods and droughts on are the rise in the region.

"In coming years, according to the US Agency for International Development, countries in the northern triangle will see decreased rainfall and prolonged drought, writ large.

"In Honduras, rainfall will be sparse in areas where it is needed, yet in other areas, floods will increase by 60%.

"In Guatemala, the arid regions will creep further and further into current agricultural areas, leaving farmers out to dry.

"And El Salvador is projected to lose 10-28% of its coastline before the end of the century. How will all those people survive, and where will they go?"

Forum List

Back