Wayfair to pay $15 an hour minimum

It's just silly to suggest people have not gotten a raise in 20 years
Do you know what inflation is? Our raises haven’t kept up with inflation. Meanwhile the CEO’s pay has quadrupled. He got a good raise. Your raise didn’t even keep up with inflation.

Raises wer not given out during the bush years and certa8nly weren’t given after his Great Recession. Remember? Slowest recovery ever? Not for the rich. They recovered nicely.
I got several raises in the Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II(the biggest raises), Obama and Trump. Maybe those people you knew that didn’t get raises should have smartened up and changed where they decided to worked.
Sealy is an ignorant leftist. Doesn't understand free markets. Don't waste your time.
I understand the difference between a employers market and an employees market.

I don’t want to hear about papags personal experience. I’m going by national averages. Fact is, labor is not doing as well as they did twenty years ago and CEOs are doing better than ever. That means employers are giving themselves big raises but not their employees.

If you want to talk about personal experience I got a $45,000 raise on Obama’s watch.
Again, free markets. Contractors and plumbers are doing better too. Hire a plumber now vs 10 yrs ago. Rates have nearly doubled. Free markets. Don’t want that plumber try to hire a cheaper one who is good. Free markets work. Sorry you don’t understand how. And you lie about your raise. You told me you only make $80k per yr
Again, there is no such thing as a free market. In Michigan you must hold a state license to work as a plumber. It’s regulated by the government. A truly free market I could do plumbing without having to jump through that hoop. Government sets the rules. I’m sure you would be ok with not requiring plumbers be licensed.
Ahhh....that is because of the bureaucrats but in their defense they don't want hacks without cred working on homes. Get your license and plumb away. You also should self insure. They are protecting the consumer. Not the same thing.
The middle class is the creation of government intervention in the marketplace. Liberal democracies created the middle class. The government for example passed a progressive tax. Free market cons want a flat tax. But we know a flat tax won’t work except for rich people. So our government set the rules. If corporations had their way they’d pay no taxes. Only employees and consumers would.

Government sets a minimum wage because free markets would pay $2 hr if they had the power.

Government allows labor to organize into unions. Unions are not free market capitalism. And unions brought wages up, not free market capitalismm.

Capitalism is the best ism but only when properly regulated by government.
#1) I support a flat tax based on %. How about a 25% tax and a 2% federal consumption tax. Rich people consume more and more expensive products so you kill two birds with one stone. Significantly reduce the IRS and simplify our overly complex tax code.

#2) You vilify the "rich people" why? Trevor Lawrence is a good guy now but once he signs his NFL contract he suddenly becomes evil because he is rich? Seems odd.

#3) Gov't should not set the min wage and free markets would pay what was necessary to provide the best goods and or services or go out of business. Raising the min wage to $15 creates an incentive to replace workers with machines. No sick days, no human errors, no health insurance. Many fast food places do that now.

#4) Gov't should interfere as little as possible IMO.
If a company can save money automating, they’re going to. Don’t threaten me that they will automate if we force them to pay a fair wage. They’ll automate eventually no matter what. And the people who they do employ will make good money.

How you going to force them to pay a fair wage? We all know $15 an hour is fair in Mississippi but in New York City it should be $35 an hour
Whatever solution I propose you'll just cry class warfare or call me a commie.

Honestly, I think it's up to two groups of workers to organize into unions. Walmart and McD employees.

Walmart is our largest employer. It used to be GM. GM could send jobs overseas. Walmart can't.

And if Walmart workers in Red states don't want to organize, they don't have to. Just don't ask for the same wages northern employees make. They earned that higher pay.
The problem is once again they don't want unions and two I gave you my two solutions

What's yours, I would like to hear them
1. Go after illegal employers. When they stop hiring illegal workers, Americans will no longer have to compete with illegals and pay will go up.

2. A tax on the mega rich

3. A law saying no ceo can make more than 200 or 300 times the average worker. Fortune 500 companies only. Big tax on companies who break the law.

4. tariff manufacturing if the product can be made in America.

5. Strenghten social security and Medicare.

6. Pro union policies

7. Stop legal immigration until wages go up
#1) I agree with that 100%. Democrats want to protect illegals and their kids. I don't. If I rob a bank and give the money to my kids but they don't know the money was garnered illegally, do they get to keep it?

#2) We do. I suggested a 2% federal consumption tax. Punishing success is stupid.

#3) You cannot do that to public and or private companies. It is the BOD and their call on compensation. I actually like that rule but it comes with a slippery slope.

#4) I am good with that. As are the Republicans. Democrats are not.

#5) Strengthen? How about we raise the retirement age to 75? How about we investigate fraud more thoroughly?

#6) I would abolish all unions. Baseball players don't need a union.

#7) I am good with that.
Not punishing success. Punishing greed.

Back in the 2000s Democrats were for tariffs and republicans were not. Republicans still are against the,. Trump just stole that talking point from us. Perhaps tariffs are something we can agree on next year.

This is great. Goes to show that it can be done.
This is how it should be done. Not by government force.
Right but a lot of companies don’t give cost of living increases when they should. Decades could go by they won’t give raises except to the ceos
I wouldnt work for a place like that :dunno:
Oh so you think it’s easy to find another company that pays better and will hire you? I don’t think most people in America have that luxury. I bet if most people lost their job tomorrow, they’d be unemployed for at least a couple few months and they’ll probably end up at another company making just about the same or less.

If only it were that easy to just go find another job that pays more. If it were that easy itd be great. Then I would agree with you.

I make almost $100k. It’s very possible if I lost my job I would not find another company that would pay me as well. I’d probably have to go prove I’m worth it and a lot of times companies don’t give you a raise even when you are worth it. I’ve seen my company let people go rather Than give a raise. I think most companies and employees know it’s the corporations who are in the drivers seat here.

If the democrats would stop sending our jobs to China, we wouldn't have that problem...you doofus.

Corporations do that but you understand that. You just felt a need to lash out.

Nope....the leadership of those corporations are left wingers ....... and they love Chinese money.......just ask hollywood, apple, disney and any other number of democrat party allied corporations..
You guys do realize that republicans invented nafta right? Wasn’t it Nixon who started working with China? And illegals started doing jobs Americans would do on Reagan’s watch. Who you kidding?

What's your point? None of my arguments have been partisan. What I want to see done, I want to see done. Period.
Don’t go after illegal workers if you refuse to go after illegal employers. Wack a mole. And don’t ask to build a wall when you won’t go after illegal employers. You don’t know how partisan you are.

You don't have enough law enforcement to go after employers , Jesus Mary down the street pays under the table for a 16 year old to mow her lawn

Do you know what inflation is? Our raises haven’t kept up with inflation. Meanwhile the CEO’s pay has quadrupled. He got a good raise. Your raise didn’t even keep up with inflation.

Raises wer not given out during the bush years and certa8nly weren’t given after his Great Recession. Remember? Slowest recovery ever? Not for the rich. They recovered nicely.
I got several raises in the Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II(the biggest raises), Obama and Trump. Maybe those people you knew that didn’t get raises should have smartened up and changed where they decided to worked.
Sealy is an ignorant leftist. Doesn't understand free markets. Don't waste your time.

I don’t want to hear about papags personal experience. I’m going by national averages. Fact is, labor is not doing as well as they did twenty years ago and CEOs are doing better than ever. That means employers are giving themselves big raises but not their employees.

If you want to talk about personal experience I got a $45,000 raise on Obama’s watch.
Again, free markets. Contractors and plumbers are doing better too. Hire a plumber now vs 10 yrs ago. Rates have nearly doubled. Free markets. Don’t want that plumber try to hire a cheaper one who is good. Free markets work. Sorry you don’t understand how. And you lie about your raise. You told me you only make $80k per yr
Again, there is no such thing as a free market. In Michigan you must hold a state license to work as a plumber. It’s regulated by the government. A truly free market I could do plumbing without having to jump through that hoop. Government sets the rules. I’m sure you would be ok with not requiring plumbers be licensed.
Ahhh....that is because of the bureaucrats but in their defense they don't want hacks without cred working on homes. Get your license and plumb away. You also should self insure. They are protecting the consumer. Not the same thing.
The middle class is the creation of government intervention in the marketplace. Liberal democracies created the middle class. The government for example passed a progressive tax. Free market cons want a flat tax. But we know a flat tax won’t work except for rich people. So our government set the rules. If corporations had their way they’d pay no taxes. Only employees and consumers would.

Government sets a minimum wage because free markets would pay $2 hr if they had the power.

Government allows labor to organize into unions. Unions are not free market capitalism. And unions brought wages up, not free market capitalismm.

#1) I support a flat tax based on %. How about a 25% tax and a 2% federal consumption tax. Rich people consume more and more expensive products so you kill two birds with one stone. Significantly reduce the IRS and simplify our overly complex tax code.

#2) You vilify the "rich people" why? Trevor Lawrence is a good guy now but once he signs his NFL contract he suddenly becomes evil because he is rich? Seems odd.

#3) Gov't should not set the min wage and free markets would pay what was necessary to provide the best goods and or services or go out of business. Raising the min wage to $15 creates an incentive to replace workers with machines. No sick days, no human errors, no health insurance. Many fast food places do that now.

If a company can save money automating, they’re going to. Don’t threaten me that they will automate if we force them to pay a fair wage. They’ll automate eventually no matter what. And the people who they do employ will make good money.

How you going to force them to pay a fair wage? We all know $15 an hour is fair in Mississippi but in New York City it should be $35 an hour

Honestly, I think it's up to two groups of workers to organize into unions. Walmart and McD employees.

Walmart is our largest employer. It used to be GM. GM could send jobs overseas. Walmart can't.

And if Walmart workers in Red states don't want to organize, they don't have to. Just don't ask for the same wages northern employees make. They earned that higher pay.
The problem is once again they don't want unions and two I gave you my two solutions

1. Go after illegal employers. When they stop hiring illegal workers, Americans will no longer have to compete with illegals and pay will go up.

3. A law saying no ceo can make more than 200 or 300 times the average worker. Fortune 500 companies only. Big tax on companies who break the law.

6. Pro union policies

What would your tax on rich do?
Shrink the gap between rich and rest of us and pay for infrastructure.
Who is the rich? That moves all the time. Trevor Lawrence isn't rich but will be rich in April. So he suddenly becomes a villain?

Right but a lot of companies don’t give cost of living increases when they should. Decades could go by they won’t give raises except to the ceos
Oh so you think it’s easy to find another company that pays better and will hire you? I don’t think most people in America have that luxury. I bet if most people lost their job tomorrow, they’d be unemployed for at least a couple few months and they’ll probably end up at another company making just about the same or less.

If only it were that easy to just go find another job that pays more. If it were that easy itd be great. Then I would agree with you.

I make almost $100k. It’s very possible if I lost my job I would not find another company that would pay me as well. I’d probably have to go prove I’m worth it and a lot of times companies don’t give you a raise even when you are worth it. I’ve seen my company let people go rather Than give a raise. I think most companies and employees know it’s the corporations who are in the drivers seat here.

If the democrats would stop sending our jobs to China, we wouldn't have that problem...you doofus.

Nope....the leadership of those corporations are left wingers ....... and they love Chinese money.......just ask hollywood, apple, disney and any other number of democrat party allied corporations..
You guys do realize that republicans invented nafta right? Wasn’t it Nixon who started working with China? And illegals started doing jobs Americans would do on Reagan’s watch. Who you kidding?

What's your point? None of my arguments have been partisan. What I want to see done, I want to see done. Period.
Don’t go after illegal workers if you refuse to go after illegal employers. Wack a mole. And don’t ask to build a wall when you won’t go after illegal employers. You don’t know how partisan you are.

I said we needed to hammer the employers hiring illegals. I am 100% against arresting illegals and ignoring those employing them.

I have been 100% against building the wall when the problem is the employers.

6. Pro union policies

#1) I agree with that 100%. Democrats want to protect illegals and their kids. I don't. If I rob a bank and give the money to my kids but they don't know the money was garnered illegally, do they get to keep it?

#2) We do. I suggested a 2% federal consumption tax. Punishing success is stupid.

#3) You cannot do that to public and or private companies. It is the BOD and their call on compensation. I actually like that rule but it comes with a slippery slope.

#5) Strengthen? How about we raise the retirement age to 75? How about we investigate fraud more thoroughly?

#7) I am good with that.
There you go again. You republicans always hate the highest paid workers in America. Do you think baseball players would make as much as they do if they didn’t have a union? So you wish the players made less and owners made more. I knew that already.
I am an Independent and distrust both parties. I think yes they would. Boxers don't have unions, they do very well. Supply and demand decides what baseball players make. Union of millionaires.

We are discussing the massive amount of socialist programs that get pored into the markets. That consists of many forms and you don't get to dismiss them to pretend they do not exist.

Where in Capitalism do we find the idea of taxpayers bailing out failing businesses?

That isn't what quantitative easing is.

You don't understand the terms you are tossing about.

You don't have enough law enforcement to go after employers , Jesus Mary down the street pays under the table for a 16 year old to mow her lawn
Sure we do. We used to go after them. Reagan and bush stopped. Go after the biggest ones first and work your way down. Make employers afraid to hire illegals.

Its funny my old boss wouldn’t hire my student visa buddy to teach violin. He was amazing but my boss wouldn’t touch him. He didn’t want to lose his business.

every American business owner needs to be like him.

We are discussing the massive amount of socialist programs that get pored into the markets. That consists of many forms and you don't get to dismiss them to pretend they do not exist.

Where in Capitalism do we find the idea of taxpayers bailing out failing businesses?

That isn't what quantitative easing is.

You don't understand the terms you are tossing about.

"Create massive amounts of money".

6. Pro union policies

#7) I am good with that.
There you go again. You republicans always hate the highest paid workers in America. Do you think baseball players would make as much as they do if they didn’t have a union? So you wish the players made less and owners made more. I knew that already.
I am an Independent and distrust both parties. I think yes they would. Boxers don't have unions, they do very well. Supply and demand decides what baseball players make. Union of millionaires.
How come supply and demand didn’t work before unions? Al kaline was the highest player in the 60s he made a whopping $100k. Gordy Howe was grossly underpaid too.

Don be mad that these workers are worth millions and you are not. Thats jealousy

Stop with the shot down conspiracy theories. There are NO free markets.

We have already established that you are abjectly ignorant and have utterly no understanding of economics, finance, or markets. You spout off without a clue as what you are talking about.

If you want to be a commie, at least read Marx.

You spew idiocy with no foundation from any camp.

6. Pro union policies

#7) I am good with that.
Libertarian thinkers are not independents. You may not be a cashew but you’re still a nut

Stop with the shot down conspiracy theories. There are NO free markets.

We have already established that you are abjectly ignorant and have utterly no understanding of economics, finance, or markets. You spout off without a clue as what you are talking about.

If you want to be a commie, at least read Marx.

You spew idiocy with no foundation from any camp.
We run this country. Better be nicer to us.

I'm retired. It's been explained to you here already. You did nothing to counter those arguments.

How could you be retired from your government job if there is no free market?

All you have done is spew useless insults. It explains your support for Trump.

False, I have explained concepts to you in the most simple way imaginable, reread the story of eggs and checkers.

You are making a fool of yourself. You have no clue what your talking about.

Forum List

Back