We are afraid to die and we are afraid to kill

IamZ

Platinum Member
Mar 11, 2022

Bill Murray says it.. I gotta say our culture was based on not being afraid

under the right circumstances, i'd kill without batting an eyelash.

I guess you will have to post more of the thrust and context of the interview if you want to get out the message of the UK Independent, as they want to know who they are getting their message to, by putting behind a sign up wall.

I am not afraid to die. I would prefer to put it off as long as I can, but I am not afraid of death.

And, as playtime put it, under the right circumstances I have no problem killing. I just don't do it for no reason.

I guess you will have to post more of the thrust and context of the interview if you want to get out the message of the UK Independent, as they want to know who they are getting their message to, by putting behind a sign up wall.

The quote was, " There’s nothing quite like a global pandemic, he says, to put the kibosh on spontaneous interaction. “We just went out with our friend to walk the dog, and you’re wearing a mask, everyone’s wearing a mask. The dog is the only one who’s completely alive!” he laments. “He’s living the dog’s life. The rest of us are afraid to die, and afraid to kill, so we’re masked up and we’re injected, and so forth. It’s the most challenging time of this life cycle for us. We didn’t have a world war or a depression, the things our ancestors had. This is the hand we got dealt and if you fold, you can’t win.”

I think the to kill part was referencing spreading COVID.

If you really want to do so, independent is one of those papers that you can get around their garden wall by switching to reader view. Some try to keep you from doing that with layered screens on top of the articles but it still works on their site.

Great article.

This occurred to me as well very early in the pandemic. We had lockdowns, etc, because we are not as close to death as other times in human history. People used to have, say, 8 children and raise 5 to adulthood.

Our fear and panic is ridiculous honestly, but I understand it. Secularism, basically.

The quote was, " There’s nothing quite like a global pandemic, he says, to put the kibosh on spontaneous interaction. “We just went out with our friend to walk the dog, and you’re wearing a mask, everyone’s wearing a mask. The dog is the only one who’s completely alive!” he laments. “He’s living the dog’s life. The rest of us are afraid to die, and afraid to kill, so we’re masked up and we’re injected, and so forth. It’s the most challenging time of this life cycle for us. We didn’t have a world war or a depression, the things our ancestors had. This is the hand we got dealt and if you fold, you can’t win.”

If you really want to do so, independent is one of those papers that you can get around their garden wall by switching to reader view. Some try to keep you from doing that with layered screens on top of the articles but it still works on their site.
Thanks. Found the article, and found it interesting, as always a Bill Murray fan. I went back looking to the article, searching for reader view, and checked in FireFox (my browser) without finding, but when re-examining the article, it was now there in entirety.

• Banned
I am not afraid to die. I would prefer to put it off as long as I can, but I am not afraid of death.

And, as playtime put it, under the right circumstances I have no problem killing. I just don't do it for no reason.
I think your reasons are weak

Do you know my reasons?
You did not express them. Always interesting when other people ascribe their own ideas of one's motivations, interacting philosophies and mindsets, viewed by their own template and understanding of the world.

Thanks. Found the article, and found it interesting, as always a Bill Murray fan. I went back looking to the article, searching for reader view, and checked in FireFox (my browser) without finding, but when re-examining the article, it was now there in entirety.

That little thing that looks like a page with three lines on it at the end of your address bar is what you click to toggle the reader view in firefox (or you can hit the F9 key)

Capture.PNG

There Is No Such Thing As a Land of the Free That Is Not Also the Home of the Brave

It's right on our one-dollar bill, Annuit coeptis, "God favors those who take risks." Will we have the guts to overthrow our Globalist blowhard Putin-hating ruling class? They are our century's Redcoats.

There Is No Such Thing As a Land of the Free That Is Not Also the Home of the Brave

It's right on our one-dollar bill, Annuit coeptis, "God favors those who take risks." Will we have the guts to overthrow our Globalist blowhard Putin-hating ruling class? They are our century's Redcoats.
1647724862176.png

The Supreme Law Is "Use It or Lose It" Powerful Feralphile Race Traitors Are Shaming Us for Enforcing That Law Against the Indigenees.

The patriots couldn't fit audacibus in the quotation, but all who had gone to college knew the full Latin quotation from Virgil's work about the founding of Rome and its destiny. Rome became supreme by daring to fight the dominant navy of its time.

Like the real original Americans, the greatest generation of Romans dared to start a navy from scratch and defeated Carthage. The American pioneers also took great risks to build a prosperous civilization out of an impoverished wilderness occupied by bloodthirsty savages.

The Romans also dared to fight a military genius, Hannibal, and got massacred:

BATTLE OF CANNAE (southern Italy, 216 BC)

Romans (citizen soldiers): 86,400
Carthaginians (mercenaries): 50,000
Roman fatalities: 67,500
Carthaginian dead: 5,700

Unlike Americans during Vietnam and Ukrainians today, all males willingly got drafted and there were no refugees. (Old School phrase) Eventually, they snatched victory from the jaws of defeat (Old School phrase, no longer used in a nation ruled by spoiled cowards):

BATTLE OF ZAMA (near Carthage in North Africa, 202 BC)

Romans: 35,000 (no richkids exempted)
Carthaginians: 40,000 (mercenaries and reluctant draftees)
Roman dead: 2,000
Carthaginians: 20,000 dead; all the rest quickly surrendering

The Supreme Law Is "Use It or Lose It" Powerful Feralphile Race Traitors Are Shaming Us for Enforcing That Law Against the Indigenees.

The patriots couldn't fit audacibus in the quotation, but all who had gone to college knew the full Latin quotation from Virgil's work about the founding of Rome and its destiny. Rome became supreme by daring to fight the dominant navy of its time.

Like the real original Americans, the greatest generation of Romans dared to start a navy from scratch and defeated Carthage. The American pioneers also took great risks to build a prosperous civilization out of an impoverished wilderness occupied by bloodthirsty savages.

The Romans also dared to fight a military genius, Hannibal, and got massacred:

BATTLE OF CANNAE (southern Italy, 216 BC)

Romans (citizen soldiers): 86,400
Carthaginians (mercenaries): 50,000
Roman fatalities: 67,500
Carthaginian dead: 5,700

Unlike Americans during Vietnam and Ukrainians today, all males willingly got drafted and there were no refugees. (Old School phrase) Eventually, they snatched victory from the jaws of defeat (Old School phrase, no longer used in a nation ruled by spoiled cowards):

BATTLE OF ZAMA (near Carthage in North Africa, 202 BC)

Romans: 35,000 (no richkids exempted)
Carthaginians: 40,000 (mercenaries and reluctant draftees)
Roman dead: 2,000
Carthaginians: 20,000 dead; all the rest quickly surrendering
I was merely pointing out somebody intentionally misquoted the meaning of the phrase, as if using the latin would add gravity, though they changed the definition to make their point. I never trust foreign phrases, used in argument, without seeing independent definition, as it is an old trick, depending on the audience to not know and not check. It is undoubtably one of the reasons this board requires English to be used. I never trust, what I do not understand from personal knowledge without verification somebody is not trying to fk me.

Forum List

Back