🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

We DO NOT have a problem with racist policing. We have a undertrained police problem.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
The issues with cops isn't race. Too many of them have authority complexes. The problem is the hiring and training standards. When literally ANYONE without a criminal record can become a cop in less time than it takes a welder to get certified you have a problem.

CLEARLY there needs to be psychological and emotional stability testing done to weed out the ones who have bad attitudes.

Add to that, that many cops patrol the same beat day in and day out so they become numb, for lack of a better word, to the issues that certain communities face.

Bottom line IN MY OPINION is this isn't so much a race thing, obviously some exist, as it is VERY POOR hiring and screening standards. Couple that with poor pay for the hazards that are faced and you have found your underlying problem with the police force.

This is not to take anything away from the clear cultural problems in the inner city but that is a whole nother topic for a different thread.

I
The issues with cops isn't race. Too many of them have authority complexes. The problem is the hiring and training standards. When literally ANYONE without a criminal record can become a cop in less time than it takes a welder to get certified you have a problem.

CLEARLY there needs to be psychological and emotional stability testing done to weed out the ones who have bad attitudes.

Add to that, that many cops patrol the same beat day in and day out so they become numb, for lack of a better word, to the issues that certain communities face.

Bottom line IN MY OPINION is this isn't so much a race thing, obviously some exist, as it is VERY POOR hiring and screening standards. Couple that with poor pay for the hazards that are faced and you have found your underlying problem with the police force.

This is not to take anything away from the clear cultural problems in the inner city but that is a whole nother topic for a different thread.
Thanks for your opinion post, based on absolutely nothing but your opinion.

Psychological testing is one of the first things done when somebody applies to become a police officer.

We need to teach them better split second decisions. They should think it out carefully in a split second. Write down the pros and cons. Sit on the curb and debate it with their partner. Then act.

We need to train them that they are not imperfect human beings and make mistakes. They have to be perfect.

We need to train them no matter what the circumstances, their one video and heart beat away away from a life sentence in the slammer with people they previously arrested.

This should all make sense.....................Sarcasm

Last edited:
  • Banned
I

Psychological testing is one of the first things done when somebody applies to become a police officer.
And it is obviously inadequate

shit

fuk

god fkn damnit

I HATE it when I have to agree with YOU!

• Banned

We need to teach them better split second decisions. They should think it out carefully in a split second. Write down the pros and cons. Sit on the curb and debate it with their partner. Then act.

We need to train them that they are not imperfect human beings and make mistakes. They have to be perfect.

We need to train them no matter what the circumstances, their one video and heart beat away away from a life sentence in the slammer with people they previously arrested.

This should all make sense.
A Missouri woman was murdered the other day while sitting in her car. The cop claimed she had a gun. She did not. And even if she did that is legal in Missouri. The Highway Patrol searched her vehicle and found NO WEAPONS.

Course this murder won't make headlines because she was white so you likely never heard about it.
When the police no knock entered my home in 2012 there was no split second decision involved. Your deflection to rare situations does nothing to address the REAL PROBLEMS that exist in the police forces across the nation.

This should all make sense.
A Missouri woman was murdered the other day while sitting in her car. The cop claimed she had a gun. She did not. And even if she did that is legal in Missouri. The Highway Patrol searched her vehicle and found NO WEAPONS.

Course this murder won't make headlines because she was white so you likely never heard about it.
When the police no knock entered my home in 2012 there was no split second decision involved. Your deflection to rare situations does nothing to address the REAL PROBLEMS that exist in the police forces across the nation.
My searing sarcasm does not show well in type form. Sorry...............Lol

I

Timothy Loehman failed his and was still hired. More than once. Even after it came out that he had lied and had failed he was still hired again.

An authoritarian complex is a problem. An authoritarian that is also a racist is a model for problems. We do need to weed out both.

Cops need to be held liable just like anyone else for their actions.
Just like the dude isn't liable for beating 2 cops, one in concussion. That cannot be a factor in this. It is racist.

criminal behavior should be punished regardless of sex, race, sexual identify, height, weight, religion, political opinion, or favorite food

psychopaths with evil agenda should NOT be police!

police take an oath to SERVE and PROTECT

they should abide by it.

they are EMPLOYEES of the people....the people who PAY THEM!

they should respect their oath AND the fact that they work for US!

If in the process of doing their job EVIL FASCIST MURDEROUS SCUM AIM GUNS AT THEM;

(right wing conservative christian CRIMINAL cliven bundy and his hundreds of conservative christian supporters aimed GUNS at police when the police showed up to DO THEIR JOB!)

Then I support their right to defend themselves by using as much force as is required.

It wouldn't have bothered me to see ALL of those CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS who REFUSED TO COMPLY and AIMED GUNS AT POLICE to have been gunned down as the rotten scum they are.

Cops need to be held liable just like anyone else for their actions.
Just like the dude isn't liable for beating 2 cops, one in concussion. That cannot be a factor in this. It is racist.

criminal behavior should be punished regardless of sex, race, sexual identify, height, weight, religion, political opinion, or favorite food

psychopaths with evil agenda should NOT be police!

police take an oath to SERVE and PROTECT

they should abide by it.

they are EMPLOYEES of the people....the people who PAY THEM!

they should respect their oath AND the fact that they work for US!

If in the process of doing their job EVIL FASCIST MURDEROUS SCUM AIM GUNS AT THEM;

(right wing conservative christian CRIMINAL cliven bundy and his hundreds of conservative christian supporters aimed GUNS at police when the police showed up to DO THEIR JOB!)

Then I support their right to defend themselves by using as much force as is required.

It wouldn't have bothered me to see ALL of those CONSERVATIVE CHRISTIANS who REFUSED TO COMPLY and AIMED GUNS AT POLICE to have been gunned down as the rotten scum they are.
I really don't care anymore. I hope the rioting goes full force now. Blood spilling in the streets.

It is what they want so I don't give a S.

"Bottom line IN MY OPINION is this isn't so much a race thing, obviously some exist, as it is VERY POOR hiring and screening standards. Couple that with poor pay for the hazards that are faced and you have found your underlying problem with the police force."

And the current anti-police climate is not going to help the situation. Hell, if I was a youngun coming outta school I'd have to think long and hard about being a cop. In all likelihood the pool of applicants might be that desirable going forward. Frankly if I was a cop I'd probably be telling my kid to find another profession. SOMEBODY has to wear the badge and have a gun with the authority to use it, and quite frankly I'm not sure how much value there is in training when you're fighting a guy who is trying to get your gun. Fear trumps training, at least sometimes. And BTW, training costs money. A lotta money if you're going to impose training on a regular basis. Which you should.

Another side of this misconduct issue is the fact that bad cops are not being weeded out until they kill somebody, now how stupid is that? We wait until somebody is dead by cop, white or black, before something is done about it. When are we going to require accountability from the people in charge of making those decisions? The police chief, the DA, the mayor, the city council, etc.? It's largely the democrats who have been in charge of our major cities for decades, and yet we continue to vote for them. WTF?

"CLEARLY there needs to be psychological and emotional stability testing done to weed out the ones who have bad attitudes."

I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist, but I suspect that a person's psychological and emotional stability is probably going to change over time as he/she witnesses or experiences for him or herself the stress that comes with close quarters combat with somebody who wants to escape custody and possibly kill you. There's going to be some days where your stability will be somewhat questionable, but you don't know what the day will bring. Granted the bad attitudes might be identified early on during training let's say. But at some point the union is going to say nuh-uh, you gotta have some kind of probable cause to drop somebody.

I don't know what, if any, training those two officers in Atlanta had, but it was clearly lacking.

Forum List

Back