We have a chance to elect the most conservative person to potus in DECADES

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
It's what we've been screaming for for YEARS. "We always ge stuck with a rino" is the mantra every election. With Cruz we finally have the option to vote in a conservative and unbelievably most of you are gonna vote for a guy that has more liberal positions in his closet than Obama. It just blows my mind that you all can so easily kick your convictions to the curb just to vote for the bullhorn that hits the right talking points the loudest.
In the latest Iowa polls every GOP candidate beats Hillary but one, Trump.

It's what we've been screaming for for YEARS. "We always ge stuck with a rino" is the mantra every election. With Cruz we finally have the option to vote in a conservative and unbelievably most of you are gonna vote for a guy that has more liberal positions in his closet than Obama. It just blows my mind that you all can so easily kick your convictions to the curb just to vote for the bullhorn that hits the right talking points the loudest.
Yet many conservatives will vote for the most leftist Republican candidate in history. I just can't understand why conservatives are acting so gullible to simple rhetoric.

Yet many conservatives will vote for the most leftist Republican candidate in history. I just can't understand why conservatives are acting so gullible to simple rhetoric.
Couldn't agree more. If Trump wins the election I bet within a year most of his supporters on this site will vanish out of humiliation

There are some aspects of Ted Cruz I like, but he is a first term senator with very little experience. Just like Obama was. He does not have the legislative chops to get things done. It takes a long time to develop those.

Can anyone name a significant bill sponsored by Cruz which was enacted? Even if we lower the bar, can anyone name one passed by Congress?

Cruz is intensely disliked by his fellow Senators, and so he will not get any cooperation from them if he is President.

I also find it ironic he named a chapter in his book "Mendacity", but is mendacious himself when it comes to saying he would abolish the IRS and that your tax form would fit on a postcard.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more. If Trump wins the election I bet within a year most of his supporters on this site will vanish out of humiliation
Unfortunately, history has proven delusions do not melt away like that. If Trump is elected, his supporters will never find any wrong in him. Ever. Even when he crafts a single payer health care bill. They will support it all the way down the line.

Which is why I say Democrats who want socialized medicine should support Trump. They will find strong allies in the mass deluded on the Republican side.

What I'm already seeing are the same outlandish excuses Obamites use for their Dear Leader. Trump saying he will take out the families of any terrorist doesn't mean he will kill them. It's depressing coming from conservatives.

There are some aspects of Ted Cruz I like, but he is a first term senator with very little experience. Just like Obama was. He does not have the legislative chops to get things done. It takes a long time to develop those.

Can anyone name a significant bill sponsored by Cruz which was enacted? Even if we lower the bar, can anyone name one passed by Congress?

Cruz is intensely disliked by his fellow Senators, and so he will not get any cooperation from them if he is President.

I also find it ironic he named a chapter in his book "Mendacity", but is mendacious himself when it comes to saying he would abolish the IRS and that your tax form would fit on a postcard.
I know someone who has known the Cruz family for years. It gets down to his actions throughout his life, and I would be happy with Cruz.

The fact that the other politicians don't like him speaks to his true conservative values. At every turn he has been the one leading the charge to fight Obama's YES WE CAN plan. But now that suddenly means nothing to the ones who liked it the most.

What I'm already seeing are the same outlandish excuses Obamites use for their Dear Leader. Trump saying he will take out the families of any terrorist doesn't mean he will kill them. It's depressing coming from conservatives.

What does take them out mean? Applebee's?

So you support Ol' Rape Face?

We don't need the "most conservative person".

We need the conservative person who can get his programs passed thru Congress.

Might not be the same guy.

His deeply religious overtone makes him repulsive in the eyes of non-religious yet conservative leaning voters. Personally, I don't worry about it since it takes more than the POTUS to enact laws. (Although, we see a very aggressive one with executive orders left and more left)

That would infer that they have shame.

I will likely vote for Cruz in the primaries if that's your asking.

His deeply religious overtone makes him repulsive in the eyes of non-religious yet conservative leaning voters. Personally, I don't worry about it since it takes more than the POTUS to enact laws. (Although, we see a very aggressive one with executive orders left and more left)
I hear those tones from Santorum. Never felt that way about Huckabee or Cruz

Unfortunately, history has proven delusions do not melt away like that. If Trump is elected, his supporters will never find any wrong in him. Ever. Even when he crafts a single payer health care bill. They will support it all the way down the line.

Which is why I say Democrats who want socialized medicine should support Trump. They will find strong allies in the mass deluded on the Republican side.
you are wrong. Single payer is going to be a mistake for this country regardless of who is to blame.
We cant afford it. I was personally doing just fine the way things were and have no problem going back to it.
as a matter of fact, most everyone I know was doing just fine before so I see no need for the majority to suffer in order to cater to the minority once again.
Two ways to get rid of the poor since them actually getting an education and a job seem to be out of their level of desire.
1) steal from those that take responsibility for their lives and pay the poor to do nothing.
2) let Darwins theory work for us.

No and I dont support his wife hillary either

Forum List

Back