We Know God Mass Murdered, But What Specifically Did Satan Ever Do?

We have specific examples of God asking people to sacrifice children, was okay with slavery, mass murdered by way of the flood, and gave soldiers the go ahead to rape. (thank you Hollie for providing this verse)

Numbers 31:17-18

17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. 18 But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves.

I'm counting on you Biblical experts to show specific examples of Satan's evildoing's. All I know about Satan was he/she talked Eve into eating an apple, and was thrown out of heaven for rebelling against God.

Maybe Satan rebelled because he/she didn't want to take part in mass murder???

I'm looking for specific examples.

Thank you in advance!

Perhaps you should grasp the idea that God doesn't look upon the death of our flesh bodies in this earthly life as of significant importance. Yes, he destroyed Sodom but they will live again in the flesh in a time when Satan will have no influence. If God spared not his own son from the death of his earthy existence, why then should he spare anyone? It is one's spiritual death God is most concerned with.

As far as what Satan actually did we are only told that he rebelled. Some say he tried to usurp God himself. I have no idea. I do know Satan continues to have access to the throne though.

So, you're saying that we only have evidence of God spreading misery, pain, and death of flesh bodies on the very people he/she created.

If you took this case to court, who would win?

Maybe Satan is just misunderstood.
Neither 'satan' nor 'god' exist as perceived by theists.

I agree. It's just that when I did try to go back and read the Bible as an adult, it was an eye opening experience. Let's face it, that book is horrible.

BTW, I feel its only fair to tell the board that I've had it up to here with the shit we get from the so-called christians here.

I made the mistake of reaching out my hand in friendship to a "christian" on this board and she has made my life miserable ever since.

She hears voices, she talks to imaginary creatures, she speaks in tongues - in short, she is 100% delusional and I have been on the receiving end of her shit for some months now.

She wrote me that she she decided I'm gay, in a gay relationship and would tell the board. She has made up lies about my religion. She has said more really crazy crap and I've ignore all of it.

I've been nice. I've been quiet. I haven't said even a fraction of what I feel avout this damn ditz. I did notify cereal_killer some months back but haven't said anything since. I'll cc him this post.

So, point is, don't expect me to be Mr. Nice Guy any more.

You wanna know who is doing the bidding of this imaginary god, "satan" - its the nutter fundies and others who believe he is real.

Guess what. There are "nuts" even among Christians. Believe it or not, there are a few "nuts" even among atheists.

Uh no ...

ALL christians are crazy. It comes with the territory.. How else can one explain their instane beliefs?

Be that as it may, I really don't care - AS LONG AS THEY LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONE.

Oh, you clearly care

Iblis/ Shaitan refused to bow down to Adam when YHWH commanded him and the Angels to do so.

YHWH didn't even cast Satan into Hell.

As the god of this Earth, Satan has until Judgment Day to direct as many human's souls to Hell as possible, after which he'll be "cast into the lake of fire".

But... considering that this happened at the moment humanity was created, and that YHWH did not destroy Satan then and there, I believe that Satan/ Iblis is an important part of YHWH's overall vision for humanity, and that YHWH knew exactly what would happen when Iblis and the Angels were commanded to prostrate before Adam, and even when Adam and Eve were commanded not to eat the fruit of the tree of knowlege of good and evil.

I mean, how could YHWH not know?

Personally, I believe that one day, a long time from now... everything will be One again. YHWH, and the angels, the demons and djinn, humanity, the Devil... everything will return to the Source and become One.

Then

Everything will begin again in another Way.

You talk about this like everything in there is fact. We all know that there is no magical sky wizard and the Bible is just a fairy tale, so why do you imply that any of it is real? You don't actually believe the ridiculous lies of the patriarchy, do you, systyr?

Just what this thread needed, another moron.

ALL christians are crazy. It comes with the territory.. How else can one explain their instane beliefs?

I absolutely agree, systyr! How can anyone believe in any higher power than President Obama and still call themselves sane? It's completely ridiculous. All their bullshit about loving thy neighbor, doing charitable deeds, etc. is just a cover for their more deranged practices, and it's not even like they do a good job of sticking to their cover.

Well , if anyone had any doubts that the OP has mental issues, this should clear that up.

But yes, the Old Testament God was an asshole. No denying that.

Perhaps just unfamiliar with the subject matter. The Bible itself requires a tremendous amount of careful study just as any subject does. Taking a verse or chapter from here and there simply will not suffice.

Well, I'm waiting for you to clear up any confusion.

Iblis/ Shaitan refused to bow down to Adam when YHWH commanded him and the Angels to do so.

YHWH didn't even cast Satan into Hell.

As the god of this Earth, Satan has until Judgment Day to direct as many human's souls to Hell as possible, after which he'll be "cast into the lake of fire".

But... considering that this happened at the moment humanity was created, and that YHWH did not destroy Satan then and there, I believe that Satan/ Iblis is an important part of YHWH's overall vision for humanity, and that YHWH knew exactly what would happen when Iblis and the Angels were commanded to prostrate before Adam, and even when Adam and Eve were commanded not to eat the fruit of the tree of knowlege of good and evil.

I mean, how could YHWH not know?

Personally, I believe that one day, a long time from now... everything will be One again. YHWH, and the angels, the demons and djinn, humanity, the Devil... everything will return to the Source and become One.

Then

Everything will begin again in another Way.

You talk about this like everything in there is fact. We all know that there is no magical sky wizard and the Bible is just a fairy tale, so why do you imply that any of it is real? You don't actually believe the ridiculous lies of the patriarchy, do you, systyr?

Just what this thread needed, another moron.

Do you identify as Christian?

I don't. Ergo, not a moron. But I'm open to discussing why you're wrong for having any kind of faith in anything.

Or how about this one

"hey you"

"yes Lord"

"Raw the Lord is pissed, I shall smite EVERYONE"

"Everyone Lord?"

"Everyone!!"

"Well Lord, I love You, but I don't want to be with You yet"

"Okay , you build a big boat and get your family inside it with a bunch of animals, then I'll drown everyone else"

Well , if anyone had any doubts that the OP has mental issues, this should clear that up.

God was an asshole, but I have mental problems for pointing that out? LOL! Okay.

"Was" implies a past action that has since ceased. Is this the implication you were hoping to make?

Further, do you mean that there ever was a magical sky wizard in the first place?

God was an asshole, but I have mental problems for pointing that out? LOL! Okay.

"Was" implies a past action that has since ceased. Is this the implication you were hoping to make?

Further, do you mean that there ever was a magical sky wizard in the first place?

What I believe in is irrelevant here. I am making fun of both sides.

Those who deny God was an asshole in the Old Testament are hilarious. Those who care so much about what other people believe are equally hilarious.

Further, if you actually study religions for comparative purposes you will realize that in Christianity Jesus fulfilled a prophesy and negated the need for the old laws which also led God to being a different sort of God altogether. A newer , kinder God if you will.

Even further, the Old Testament is history, so I use the past tense. Really no different than if I were talking about Obama today, I wouldn't reference something he did last year and use the present tense verb. Does that mean that present day Obama doesn't exist?

Remember this lesson in the future Liberal Media, however smart you THINK you are, I am twice that smart. So what that means in actuality is that I am FOUR times smarter than you .

I absolutely agree, systyr! How can anyone believe in any higher power than President Obama and still call themselves sane? It's completely ridiculous. All their bullshit about loving thy neighbor, doing charitable deeds, etc. is just a cover for their more deranged practices, and it's not even like they do a good job of sticking to their cover.

What the hell does President Obama have to do with this thread? Are you suffering from ODS? Do you want me to start you an "I Hate Obama" thread so you can stay on topic?

Where did I say you mental problems? I said the OP had mental problems, that's a fact.

After reading the Bible, many people are mystified as to why grown, otherwise intelligent adults would believe that it is the direct communication or the "inspired Word" of an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-good being. To many people, it seems absolutely incredible that any reasonable person could maintain this belief in the face of our current scientific knowledge and the contemporary understanding of history, religion and mythology. To outsiders, the phenomenon of Christian belief is a puzzlement.

However, after a bit of research and reflection, the mystery is resolved. It soon becomes apparent that the whole bizarre Christian belief system is predicated, to a large degree, on two compelling ideas. The first idea is that maintaining faith in Bible claims is the most morally virtuous act one can perform and will be rewarded with an eternal life of bliss. The second belief is that doubting biblical claims represents the greatest evil imaginable and will be punished with an eternity of torture. These linchpin beliefs make it possible for Christians to accept thoroughly ridiculous biblical assertions not merely in the absence of evidence, but against the evidence-against reason.

The sanctification of "faith" and demonization of doubt short-circuits the thinking process. Since it is continually drilled into Christians' brains that faith must be maintained at all costs, anything which contradicts a Bible claim is automatically rationalized away as the arrogance of the "wise," as a ploy of Satan, or as a test of faith from God himself. So when it is explained and demonstrated to a Christian that the Bible is simply a collection of ancient writings masquerading as the "Word of God," this is dismissed as the delusion of unbelievers blinded by their sin. (Seethe wisdom of the world) When scientific discoveries are shown to clearly, directly and unambiguously contradict biblical pronouncements, these scientific discoveries are interpreted by the Christian as satanic trickery. If it is patiently and painstakingly evinced to the Christian that the Bible is filled from one end to the other with obscene cruelty and violence, pagan mythology and superstition, blatant contradictions, ludicrous claims and outrageous, blithering idiocy, the Christian smiles in the face of this, confident that his faith is being tested by God and that he will be rewarded accordingly in the Age To Come.

It must be understood that in the Alice-in-Wonderland Christian world view, the more difficult it is to believe in a biblical claim, the more one is glorified for believing it. Faith, believing no matter what the facts say, is the highest manifestation of moral righteousness. Developing and maintaining one's faith in the preposterous and the incomprehensible becomes the ultimate purpose of life. Tertullian's declaration, "I believe because it is impossible," is the boast of a man who celebrates his irrationality. While liberal Christians today may pay lip service to the notion of a reasonable faith, the sentiment of Tertullin's inane "I believe because it is impossible" is alive and well and continues to be spouted from church pulpits on Sunday mornings: "Brethren, did not Paul say that God will make foolish the wisdom of the world, and choose that which is foolish to shame the wise of the world? Brothers and Sisters, did not JEEEZ-ZUSS tell us that unless we become as little children we will never enter the kingdom of heaven, that God has chosen to hide his light from the eyes of the wise and reveal himself to babes?" Reason and knowledge are ridiculed while biblical absurdities are held aloft as bless-ed revelation. This is how Christianity sustains itself. It is the only way that it can.

Thus the Christian faith's invisible attributes are now clearly to be seen. Behind all the sacraments and the rituals, the organ music and the angelic choirs, the praying lips and the arms thrust heavenward, behind all this, propping it all up, is the monstrous doctrine that gullibility and ignorance are divine.

Please don't try to explain this to a Christian though, for it has been most assuredly foretold that he would be mocked and persecuted for Jesus' sake by the "wise" of a fallen, perishing world. Yea, lo, verily, for it has been written...

*1. Tertullian, The Prescription Against the Heretics, quoted in Classical Statements on Faith and Reason, edited by L. Miller, 1970, Random House, New York, pages 3-10

*2. Smith, Homer W., Man and his Gods, 1957, Grossett and Dunlap, New York, page 227.

Why Christians Just Don t Get It or why faith is bogus

And so... an interesting thread about religion became a feces-hurling contest among Mundanes.

Last edited:

What the hell does President Obama have to do with this thread? Are you suffering from ODS? Do you want me to start you an "I Hate Obama" thread so you can stay on topic?

What the fuck? I merely used Obama as a comparative reference in terms of of verb usage.

Seriously, some of you are just downright illiterate.

What, did you really expect the most powerful being in the Universe to never kill anyone?
Good point. Now we're talkin' the God of Islam. He's a malevolent bastard...if he's out there at all.

Bullshit.

YOUR god is just as vicious.

Just like you.
Don't you talk about my loving and forgiving God like that or I'll chop your fucking head off.

You're welcome to your beliefs but , really, you're just silly little twerp and you're not very smart.

:anj_stfu:
And you're a self-important nitwit with no sense of acerbic wit. That malady seems positively endemic with a lot of the libtards around this place.

Further, if you actually study religions for comparative purposes you will realize that in Christianity Jesus fulfilled a prophesy and negated the need for the old laws which also led God to being a different sort of God altogether. A newer , kinder God if you will.

The Fourth Commandment, the one regarding the Sabbath, is not reiterated in the New Testament. If your magical "dead guy on a stick" negated all the old laws, why do Chris-stains insist upon honoring this obsolete commandment anyway? Explain this bullshit. And when you're done with that, you can expound upon why you believe your "god" was a cruel asshole in the past, but is no longer, which somehow merits worship.

But anyway, thanks for the pseudo-explanation, Carla.

Perhaps just unfamiliar with the subject matter. The Bible itself requires a tremendous amount of careful study just as any subject does. Taking a verse or chapter from here and there simply will not suffice.

Well, I'm waiting for you to clear up any confusion.

Keep waiting. I had thought your OP was genuine, but now I see it to be just another God and Christian bashing thread. Goodbye.

Forum List

Back