🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

We live in perilous times. Enlist in the military

The founding fathers were unanimous in wanting to keep America out of foreign entanglements.

Europe, Asia, and the Middle East, were involved in wars with each other long before America was even a country.

No one appointed us to be the world's global police force. Time to take a chill pill and let the people in other countries decide their own fate and fight it out among themselves. ..... :cool:
True, but then even Thomas Jefferson realized that was foolish after the fucking Sunnis attacked US ships.

Aggression should be met with aggression. Peace with peace.

97736d697b7455c59c06347de4be4baf.jpg

I don't want to see 1 son, 1 daughter, 1 sibling or 1 parent or 1 best friend, in the Military die in their boots, while on the ground for another country's civil war or monstrous dictator... maybe help the good guys with arms and strategic intelligence, or bombing...but boots on the ground for a war that does not involve us being in imminent danger is wrong, imo. And we've already learned we've never truly won a war yet in any middle east country....the evil Phoenix burnt to ashes....always seems to rise again! :eek:

I just wish the moderate Muslim Nations would draw their own arms and put their own feet on the ground in numbers that could actual help these poor people being massacred...
Then we should walk away. Let them do what they do. We also shouldn't let any of their refugees in here. Leave them out there to fight for their country. I'm all good with that. Let's pull back and see where the chips land.
That's what we did after WWI. What happened then?

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
-- Edmund Burke​
I know you are right or Edmund Burke is/was....

However....we simply do not know what we are doing and we keep making things worse by trying to help....and making it worse, is evil as well...

google and read about JUST WAR...there is 2 parts to it...

America has been getting into other countries business for almost two hundred years.

The latest victims of U.S. imperial aggression has been the people of the Middle East. .... :cool:

Besides serving your country, the military is a good place to learn an occupation, get your g.e.d. if you didn't graduate, and then there's probably still the g.i. bill. Then there's the discipline learned and pride of country. And sometimes in some parts of the country there just are no other job opportunities for a young guy or gal.

...However....we simply do not know what we are doing and we keep making things worse by trying to help....and making it worse, is evil as well...
Isn't that the nature of human beings as a society? Two steps forward and one step back? Regardless of the partisan politics on this forum, the fact remains the human race struggles to move forward....and we have done so successfully for all of recorded time.

WWll was the last justified war America fought in. We were attacked and mobilized to defend ourselves, and punish the enemy.

Since them, our wars have been over natural resources or political ideology; sometimes both. .... :cool:

Besides serving your country, the military is a good place to learn an occupation, get your g.e.d. if you didn't graduate, and then there's probably still the g.i. bill. Then there's the discipline learned and pride of country. And sometimes in some parts of the country there just are no other job opportunities for a young guy or gal.

A GED will not get you in the military in almost all cases. It takes a high school diploma or equivalent.

America has been getting into other countries business for almost two hundred years.

The latest victims of U.S. imperial aggression has been the people of the Middle East. .... :cool:
Have you even read up on our history? We weren't even ready to fight WWII until Japan attacked. WWI we were sucked into but not really ready for it.

Other countries have made us who we are. And luckily it's the most militarily ready nation on the planet.

I think it's very difficult to get in without a HS diploma, unlike years ago.

WWll was the last justified war America fought in. We were attacked and mobilized to defend ourselves, and punish the enemy.

Since them, our wars have been over natural resources or political ideology; sometimes both. .... :cool:
More bullshit. Attacking al-Qaeda and their Taliban hosts was the last just war America fought in. Why are you so anxious to cover up 9/11? Is it because you support the terrorist attack on the WTC and the Pentagon?

More bullshit. Attacking al-Qaeda and their Taliban hosts was the last just war America fought in. Why are you so anxious to cover up 9/11? Is it because you support the terrorist attack on the WTC and the Pentagon?
There were never more than 200 al-Qaeda fighters according to CIA sources.

And the Taliban had no Navy or Air Force, just a bunch of illiterate farmers who couldn't find America on a map. But somehow the US military was defending our country from invasion by Afghanistan. .... :cuckoo:

The U.S. Constitution only calls for defending our nation.

Yet 99% of our military assets are in foreign lands and waters.

We need to downsize our military and let other countries handle their own problems. .... :cool:
Yes it does, but it doesn't say we can't be proactive. Remember the fucking Sunnis aka Barbary pirates? Yes, radical Sunnis and Shias would prefer we stayed within our own borders so they can run wild in around the ME.

Why are you lying by claiming 99% of our military assets are in foreign lands and waters? Even during Vietnam it was only about a third. While I agree our allies need to hold up their end, telling lies isn't the best way to make this happen. It only make you look like a liar.

Most problems are caused by the US in the first place anyway.
Bullshit, but a typical far Left Wing meme. No doubt you believe Russia invading Ukraine was all our fault and North Korean nuclear research is our fault too.

Yes, the people of the Middle East would rather the US stayed at home so they can control their own land, rather than have the Americans run wild through the Middle East.

Yeah, most of the people who committed 9/11 were Saudis, so the US went and invaded.... Afghanistan, with the support of Pakistan... who hid Osama Ibn Laden.....

I think it's very difficult to get in without a HS diploma, unlike years ago.
True. However, it's "needs of the service". Our military is a volunteer service and it's needs are subject to supply and demand. It used to be a person with visible tattoos couldn't get in either, but during the height of the Iraq War, that restriction was dropped.

Join the Military | USA.gov
Join the Military
Requirements for Joining the U.S. Military

To join the enlisted ranks, in general you must:

• Be a U.S. citizen or Green Card holder
    • Non-citizens must speak, read, and write English fluently.
    • Non-citizens must currently live in the U.S.
  • Be in good health
  • Be 17 to 40 years old (different branches have different age requirements)
  • Have a high school diploma (some branches will accept a GED)
  • Pass the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test
To join as an officer, you must also have attended college.

Waivers for Conditions that May Disqualify You
A recruiter may ask a military command to overlook a condition that would otherwise disqualify you. Types of waivers include:

• Medical
  • Mental Health
  • Criminal
  • Education
  • Moral
However, there are no guarantees you will get a waiver.

Learn More About Military Service
If you're curious about military service but are not ready to contact a recruiter, visit TodaysMilitary.com.

Contact a Recruiter or Apply Online
Army

Air Force
Navy
Marine Corps
Coast Guard

The U.S. Constitution only calls for defending our nation.

Yet 99% of our military assets are in foreign lands and waters.

We need to downsize our military and let other countries handle their own problems. .... :cool:
Yes it does, but it doesn't say we can't be proactive. Remember the fucking Sunnis aka Barbary pirates? Yes, radical Sunnis and Shias would prefer we stayed within our own borders so they can run wild in around the ME.

Why are you lying by claiming 99% of our military assets are in foreign lands and waters? Even during Vietnam it was only about a third. While I agree our allies need to hold up their end, telling lies isn't the best way to make this happen. It only make you look like a liar.

Most problems are caused by the US in the first place anyway.
Bullshit, but a typical far Left Wing meme. No doubt you believe Russia invading Ukraine was all our fault and North Korean nuclear research is our fault too.

Yes, the people of the Middle East would rather the US stayed at home so they can control their own land, rather than have the Americans run wild through the Middle East.
I'm all for it. Let them do what they do. We will not defend any muslim nation until they figure their shit out. Let the civil war begin without us. I'm particularly interested in watching those that get oil money see how they do. That should be fun.

Yeah, most of the people who committed 9/11 were Saudis, so the US went and invaded.... Afghanistan, with the support of Pakistan... who hid Osama Ibn Laden.....

I remember when the left claimed Afghanistan was the "good" war

I love conspiracy theorists. They're so fun!

Yes, even bin Laden was Saudi, but his terrorist HQ was in Afghanistan. Go figure.

Another conspiracy theory. Do you think most Libyans supported the attack on Benghazi or do you think they supported the help to stabilize their nation after the overthrow of a brutal dictator?

Do you think the Saudis and Kuwaitis want us to leave or not? Iraq? Afghanistan?

Forum List

Back