We Need a States Consitutional Amendment Article V Convention ASAP

Won't happen. No need to tinker with the nuts and bolts of the Constitution; just need to tighten up what the legislators can do. If you wanted to get some folks together for that; it would be well received since the Congress ARs are routinely in single digits.

A professor Robert Natelson has done extensive research on Constitutional conventions and says they may be limited.

Judicial Reform is an area that might get the required states to support now that the SC has struck down so many laws that the states supported.

But at the end of the day, the proff has no vote and his opinion is no m ore authoritative than Robert Borks.

I believe I just read a reference to him in the majority opinion the Supreme court just gave in Arizona v Arizona

Some phrases he used was borrowed by a court justice. That hardly makes him an authority. Only the Constitution can do that,. You do understand that, right?

only the Constitution can do what? make him an authority?.....no his extensive study I think has done that. If I remember right the guy knows Latin fluently and has read many of the things the founding generation read.

Also as I remember he says when the state legislatures ask for a convention they can limit their representatives to the subject matter they instruct them to.

None of that gives the dude constitutional authority for any function within our government.

well no I guess not

Forum List

Back