We need Mueller to say what he actually THINKS

Herein lies the problem with Mueller. That was not his only task. He was also given the task of prosecuting crimes that happen along the way.

No, he was not.

He was tasked to discover any relationship with the Trump campaign and russian agents involved with manipulating the election.

There was none.

Even if there was, what would be illegal about it?

Furthermore, if there was any russian involvement, it was the release of information that exposed the deliberate disenfranchisement of the Sanders voters in order to make sure hitlery won the DNC primary. THAT SHOULD BE WHAT LIBERALS ARE PISSED ABOUT, but they would rather be pissed that Trump won.
Yes, he was.

(b) The Special Counsel is authorized to conduct the investigation confinned by then-FBI Director James 8. Corney in testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence on March 20, 2017, including:
(i) any links and/or coordination bet ween the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump; and
(ii) any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation; and
(iii) any other matters within the scope of 28 C.F.R. § 600.4(a). (c) If the Special Counsel believes it is necessary and appropriate, the Special Counsel is authorized to prosecute federal crimes arising from the investigation of these matters.
https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3726408/Rosenstein-letter-appointing-Mueller-special.pdf

Last edited:
Maybe you're right Mac
he was hired to do a job , his 'opinion' would only muddy the judicial waters ~S~
Yeah, agreed, can't argue. There certainly isn't a magic bullet here, especially when we already know the wings will paint anything to their liking.

Loose ends just make things easier for Hannity and Levin and Limbaugh to twist things as they tell their people what to think, that's all.

My disappointment with Mueller is that he has chosen to leave so much up to interpretation and conjecture.

Predictably, all the silly wingers are highlighting only what supports their set-in-stone opinions and making assumptions that may or may not be true. Because that's what they do.

This stuff is too important for that. I understand his reticence to inject opinion on this matter, since his task was to find facts only. But we need more. The more detail the better, because detail forces out conjecture.

Maybe this will get so fucking ugly that he'll finally feel some obligation to let it all out and tell us what he really thinks. He seems like a guy who is simply too principled and professional for the times.
The time for talk is over, the Democrats must impeach or admit they just want to draw this drama out for political gain. In the meantime, Durham needs to investigate and Nadler needs to subpoena Mueller.

My disappointment with Mueller is that he has chosen to leave so much up to interpretation and conjecture

HIS interpretation and conjecture, which he helped craft by once again ommitting key pieces of evidence out of his final report findings (see the new thread)....shades of a past incident where he knowingly sent 4 innocent men to prison by withholding evidence proving they were not guilty.

Mueller needs to be subpoenaed and brought to testify / answer questions under oath.

The decision to Impeach a President or not is too important to he based on a document written by a man leading a team of hand-picked DNC/Hillary supporters, donors, and lawyers and a ' drive-by' press conference, neither of which is explained / defended / given under oath where the truth, validity, and integrity of them can be verified under penalty of law for submitting false information / committing perjury.

The trouble with the media is too often they're reporting conjecture instead of facts. I definitely want that practice limited to newspaper opinion pages and Sunday morning talking heads news programs. Concerning investigators, upon conclusion of their work I only desire just the facts.

The trouble with the media is too often they're reporting conjecture instead of facts. I definitely want that practice limited to newspaper opinion pages and Sunday morning talking heads news programs. Concerning investigators, upon conclusion of their work I only desire just the facts.
Couldn't agree more. Those days are gone, though, unfortunately for the country.

We don't need anything more from Mueller. It's all in the report.
Yes, that's the line from one end.
What more do you think Mueller owes you?

I guess it is all about expectations. You expected Mueller to be a stand up guy and put this issue to rest.
I expected nothing more than obfuscation and a continuance of the kabuki theater used to entertain the political junkies.

We don't need anything more from Mueller. It's all in the report.
Yes, that's the line from one end.
What more do you think Mueller owes you?

I guess it is all about expectations. You expected Mueller to be a stand up guy and put this issue to rest.
I expected nothing more than obfuscation and a continuance of the kabuki theater used to entertain the political junkies.
He owes me nothing. I just described what I would like to see.

My disappointment with Mueller is that he has chosen to leave so much up to interpretation and conjecture.

Predictably, all the silly wingers are highlighting only what supports their set-in-stone opinions and making assumptions that may or may not be true. Because that's what they do.

This stuff is too important for that. I understand his reticence to inject opinion on this matter, since his task was to find facts only. But we need more. The more detail the better, because detail forces out conjecture.

Maybe this will get so fucking ugly that he'll finally feel some obligation to let it all out and tell us what he really thinks. He seems like a guy who is simply too principled and professional for the times.

Like I said, Mueller failed the American people.
The press conference he held, there was no reason for it. He said nothing new. Nothing.
Instead Mueller tries to pander to both sides.
And so nothing was solved.
No other word describes Democrats and that is desperate. They want so bad for Trump to be guilty that they will go to great lengths to find anything to cling to that supports that desire.
Republicans are only interested in jabbing at the Democrats. It is exactly the same as Hillary Clinton and Benghazi, one side is 100% convinced she is guilty, the other side says you have to have 100% immutable proof, otherwise she is 100% innocent.
There is no common ground here.

Personally, I blame the media. It is the media that bombarded us every single day, all day and all night - Russia! Russia! Russia! ....and when that didn't pan out.... Obstruction! Obstruction! Obstruction! Every single day.

I'd be fine with that. My preference, though, is that he just did it willingly and openly. Testimony is more fact-based, and he'd be able to hide his opinions and conclusions in that way.
I would prefer Mueller willingly agree to testify and answer questions under oath before Congress, too...

...but he made it perfectly clear in his press cinference - when he begged the Democrats not to subpoena him and defiant declared if they did so he would say nothing that was not in his report - that is something he has no desire to do / no intention of doing.

The press conference he held, there was no reason for it. He said nothing new. Nothing.
No other word describes Democrats and that is desperate. They want so bad for Trump to be guilty that they will go to great lengths to find anything to cling to that supports that desire.
Republicans are only interested in jabbing at the Democrats. It is exactly the same as Hillary Clinton and Benghazi, one side is 100% convinced she is guilty, the other side says you have to have 100% immutable proof, otherwise she is 100% innocent.

Personally, I blame the media. It is the media that bombarded us every single day, all day and all night - Russia! Russia! Russia! ....and when that didn't pan out.... Obstruction! Obstruction! Obstruction! Every single day.
I blame the people. There is an off button on all of their devices.

Yep. Nine wasted minutes that could have been used better.

I'd be fine with that. My preference, though, is that he just did it willingly and openly. Testimony is more fact-based, and he'd be able to hide his opinions and conclusions in that way.
I would prefer Mueller willingly agree to testify and answer questions under oath before Congress, too...

...but he made it perfectly clear in his press cinference - when he begged the Democrats not to subpoena him and defiant declared if they did so he would say nothing that was not in his report - that is something he has no desire to do / no intention of doing.
That was weird. I don't know what the legality of that is - "Everything I could possibly say is in the report". I guess they could try to coax more out of him, but as I said earlier, I don't think he's legally required to express opinions.

Mueller just got busted proving he did NOT say everything he could in his report because newly exposed documents show he once again ommitted key evidence from his final report...again, yet another reason why he MUST be subpoenaed and brought in to testify / answer questions under oath.

Forum List

Back