We need to stop over-reacting to the Coronavirus.

I.e. paranoid instead of proportionately rational
By what standard? Your gut feeling? The experts recommend completely refraining from gatherings for about 8 weeks. Not one city or school has yet followed that recommendation. Yet here you are, calling the merely partial measures "paranoid" and "irrational". Where are you getting your expert advice?
logic, precedence and science.

You mean like Republicans showed us how to do it during the Ebola flare-up?

There's other videos that show's how truly reprehensible and kraven Republicans are, but did you mean like that OP?

Obama excuse was why close the barn door when the horses are already out. How about N1H1?
Go on, what about it?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Over 14,000 deaths no panic

14000 out of over 7 BILLION

no need to panic

And how many Americans have died from the Coronavirus that caused the panic we have now??
FYI there aren't 7 billion America's.

FYI there haven't been 14000 deaths in the US

Do you have the teleprompter readout?

incredible...you’re pathetic

Evidently not.

Even if that got on the teleprompter, it was a mistake. They are waiving copays on testing, which was something dems were complaining about.

Yet a miswording and you guys get to bitch about even that.
It’s a huge difference.

Yes, but it was obviously a mistake. Yet you guys harp on it like its the end of the world.

You don't want people to have confidence in Trump because your main goal is to get rid of him in November.

And if it takes a little pandemic for you to get it, so be it.
Obvious mistakes destroy confidence.

Considering you had no confidence in him to start, the only logical conclusion is you want to destroy confidence in him in others for political advantage in november.

We're at 3,244 known cases now.

We're on a crappy curve to be sure. And still no coherent testing or any other plan. Gonna get way worse before it gets better.

Just pray we're not Italy
Social distancing to flatten the curve will hopefully help. Closing schools here. I can't find hand sanitizer anywhere, so I'll have to hope the herd immunity thing applies. Everyone apparently has at least three bottles of it, except for me.

They are STILL saying, if you have been exposed and you are showing symptoms, call your doctor. We apparently still haven't got enough test kits to test the people exposed until they get sick?
You don't need hand sanitizer plain old soap and water is just as effective

30 million flu victims
Link?

Preliminary In-Season 2019-2020 Flu Burden Estimates

DC estimates* that, from October 1, 2019, through March 7, 2020, there have been:
36,000,000 – 51,000,000
flu illnesses

cough-icon.png

17,000,000 – 24,000,000
flu medical visits

doctor-patient-icon.png

370,000 – 670,000
flu hospitalizations

hospital-room-icon.png

22,000 – 55,000
flu deaths

We're on a crappy curve to be sure. And still no coherent testing or any other plan. Gonna get way worse before it gets better.

Social distancing to flatten the curve will hopefully help. Closing schools here. I can't find hand sanitizer anywhere, so I'll have to hope the herd immunity thing applies. Everyone apparently has at least three bottles of it, except for me.

They are STILL saying, if you have been exposed and you are showing symptoms, call your doctor. We apparently still haven't got enough test kits to test the people exposed until they get sick?
hand sanitizers don't rid your body of bacteria like soap.

What the CDC is recommending for two months for over 50 people is insane
Now, on a daily basis something like that would Always and Hugely reduce communicable disease. What is So devastatingly different and lethal about corona and the situation that surrounds it?
We know the media has a President to unseat and a population to spook but let’s go beyond that
At this point, it seems that in the US covid - 19 is less dangerous than the seasonal flu. While the virus is devastating to EU countries that did not take a proactive approach as the US did here in the US the mortality rate for confirmed cases of covid - 19 is 1.7% and will probably fall to less than 1% as more testing is done and mild cases that have not been reported are included, in Italy, the mortality rate among confirmed cases is about 7%.
You act like the virus is somehow being contained????

This thing is running rampant and we will soon have 10,000+ cases and much more deaths, we don't even have the testing capabilities to know how many people are infected. In typical wacko fashion you try and play victim... always with the victim card... and blame the media, but the media didn't just recommend banning gatherings over 50 people...
What is your response going to be when the cases increase all throughout this week???

You people are living in a fantasy land, enjoy the SPY to 200 I have my shorts in.
It is being contained in the US. That's why our infection rate and death rate is so dramatically lower than in the EU countries. Banning travel and gatherings is the means by which it is being contained.
The travel ban came weeks AFTER the virus was in the country. So utterly useless in that regard. Weak and feckless.

can't make up this stupid. thanks for again stepping out and confirming you have the stupid virus. you should get vaccinated.

Evidently not.

Even if that got on the teleprompter, it was a mistake. They are waiving copays on testing, which was something dems were complaining about.

It’s a huge difference.

Yes, but it was obviously a mistake. Yet you guys harp on it like its the end of the world.

You don't want people to have confidence in Trump because your main goal is to get rid of him in November.

How can you have confidence in a man who turned down test kits from WHO over a month ago and possibly China because we'll make our own and they are just getting out in some states and only after the Governor's have taken their own action?

He did that personally? or did the FDA follow its rather strict procedures for test kits?

And since in our Federal System the States have the "boots on the ground" responsibility for things like this, Governors by design will have to "take their own actions". The Feds are limited by law to support and control of the borders. If state border shutdowns are required, they would have to approve of them as well.

It's why NY is using its own National Guard to help with the quarantine in New Rochelle, not federal troops.

Chinese death rates are not definitive of what rest of world will experience.
Really? How so? Poor countries will do better? or did you mean worse?

China hospitalized every single case they found. Do we plan to do that? No? Then how will our death rate be lower?
Americans aren't undernourished for one....all been explained on multiple threads...... Whole lot of fearmongoring going on.
Americans are largely overweight and obese and suffer from terrible diets. Not a good formula for fighting disease.

you should go work out like many millions do to stay healthy. it works. stop using your food stamps for junk food.

Both hand sanitizers and antibacterial soaps are not more effective than plain old old fashioned soap

Evidently not.

It’s a huge difference.

How can you have confidence in a man who turned down test kits from WHO over a month ago and possibly China because we'll make our own and they are just getting out in some states and only after the Governor's have taken their own action?

He did that personally? or did the FDA follow its rather strict procedures for test kits?

And since in our Federal System the States have the "boots on the ground" responsibility for things like this, Governors by design will have to "take their own actions". The Feds are limited by law to support and control of the borders. If state border shutdowns are required, they would have to approve of them as well.

It's why NY is using its own National Guard to help with the quarantine in New Rochelle, not federal troops.
dude, that fk doesn't understand our country.

Also known as a lie he read right off of a teleprompter.

Evidently not.

It’s a huge difference.

But in the end it doesn't make any difference. It's just something for people who don't like Trump to nit-pick about.
Does confidence in the president not make any difference?

Both hand sanitizers and antibacterial soaps are not more effective than plain old old fashioned soap
yep, some doctor stated that months ago. In fact, that doctor, and I can't recall which one, stated to throw the sanitizers out.

Evidently not.

It’s a huge difference.

But in the end it doesn't make any difference. It's just something for people who don't like Trump to nit-pick about.
that's your business and opinion. like assholes, everyone has one.

3,774 cases now.
and for the flu

CDC estimates* that, from October 1, 2019, through March 7, 2020, there have been:
36,000,000 – 51,000,000
flu illnesses

cough-icon.png

17,000,000 – 24,000,000
flu medical visits

doctor-patient-icon.png

370,000 – 670,000
flu hospitalizations

hospital-room-icon.png

22,000 – 55,000
flu deaths

Obviously a misstatement by the President.

Bonus for TDS sufferers, it allows you to be disappointed by the companies waiving copays for the tests.

Also known as a lie he read right off of a teleprompter.

Evidently not.

It was a lie. Plain and simple. You just can’t be critical of your master

"If you like your plan, you can keep your plan, period"

That lie hurt me.

This situation was mis-speaking.

3,774 cases now.
and for the flu

CDC estimates* that, from October 1, 2019, through March 7, 2020, there have been:
36,000,000 – 51,000,000
flu illnesses

cough-icon.png

17,000,000 – 24,000,000
flu medical visits

doctor-patient-icon.png

370,000 – 670,000
flu hospitalizations

hospital-room-icon.png

22,000 – 55,000
flu deaths

Neat, comparing an entire year of a less lethal disease to a new pandemic.

You're either dumb or intentionally misleading.

Let's hope you're smart enough to commit to social distancing.

Evidently not.

It’s a huge difference.

dude, that fk doesn't understand our country.

Ordinarily the federal government would be instrumental in handling something like this.

Evidently not.

It’s a huge difference.

that's your business and opinion. like assholes, everyone has one.

It’s actually a question, which you seem to want to ignore. Does confidence in the president matter in a time like this?

Forum List

Back