We Suffered for 8 Years, Say the Haters.

"The sentence I hear most from well-meaning, conservative friends since President Trump’s election is this: “We suffered 8 years under Barack Obama.”

Fair enough. Let’s take a look.

The day Obama took office, the Dow closed at 7,949 points. Eight years later, the Dow had almost tripled.

General Motors and Chrysler were on the brink of bankruptcy, with Ford not far behind, and their failure, along with their supply chains, would have meant the loss of millions of jobs. Obama pushed through a controversial, $80 billion bailout to save the car industry. The U.S. car industry survived, started making money again, and the entire $80 billion was paid back, with interest.

While we remain vulnerable to lone-wolf attacks, no foreign terrorist organization has successfully executed a mass attack here since 9/11.

Obama ordered the raid that killed Osama Bin Laden.

He drew down the number of troops from 180,000 in Iraq and Afghanistan to just 15,000, and increased funding for the Department of Veterans Affairs.

He launched a program called Opening Doors which, since 2010, has led to a 47 percent decline in the number of homeless veterans.

He set a record 73 straight months of private-sector job growth.

Due to Obama’s regulatory policies, greenhouse gas emissions decreased by 12%, production of renewable energy more than doubled, and our dependence on foreign oil was cut in half.

He signed The Lilly Ledbetter Act, making it easier for women to sue employers for unequal pay.

His Omnibus Public Lands Management Act designated more than 2 million acres as wilderness, creating thousands of miles of trails and protecting over 1,000 miles of rivers.

He reduced the federal deficit from 9.8 percent of GDP in 2009 to 3.2 percent in 2016.

For all the inadequacies of the Affordable Care Act, we seem to have forgotten that, before the ACA, you could be denied coverage for a pre-existing condition and kids could not stay on their parents’ policies up to age 26.

Obama approved a $14.5 billion system to rebuild the levees in New Orleans.

All this, even as Mitch McConnell famously asserted that his singular mission would be to block anything President Obama tried to do.

While Obama failed on his campaign pledge to close the prison at Guantanamo Bay, that prison’s population decreased from 242 to around 50.

He expanded funding for embryonic stem cell research, supporting groundbreaking advancement in areas like spinal injury treatment and cancer.

Credit card companies can no longer charge hidden fees or raise interest rates without advance notice.

Most years, Obama threw a 4th of July party for military families. He held babies, played games with children, served barbecue, and led the singing of “Happy Birthday” to his daughter Malia, who was born on July 4.

Welfare spending is down: for every 100 poor families, just 24 receive cash assistance, compared with 64 in 1996.

Obama comforted families and communities following more than a dozen mass shootings. After Sandy Hook, he said, “The majority of those who died today were children, beautiful little kids between the ages of 5 and 10 years old.”

Yet, he never took away anyone’s guns.

He sang Amazing Grace, spontaneously, at the altar.

He was the first president since Eisenhower to serve two terms without personal or political scandal.

He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

President Obama was not perfect, as no man and no president is, and you can certainly disagree with his political ideologies. But to say we suffered? If that’s the argument, if this is how we suffered for 8 years under Barack Obama, I have one wish: may we be so fortunate as to suffer 8 more."
Yeahbut...Obama!

;)

Obama was the most corrupt, most criminal President / administration in US history....

In just under three years:

Mick Mulvaney just said the swampiest thing ever

"If you were a lobbyist who never gave us money, I didn't talk to you. If you were a lobbyist who gave us money, I might talk to you." - Mick Mulvaney

Pelosi directs House Democrats to proceed with articles of impeachment against Trump

Roger Stone guilty on all counts in federal trial of lying to Congress, witness tampering

Paul Manafort charged with conspiracy against the U.S.

First sentencing in Mueller probe: Dutch lawyer Alex van der Zwaan gets 30 days in prison, $20,000 in fines

Michael Cohen pleads guilty to making false statements to Congress

Rick Gates, Trump Campaign Aide, Pleads Guilty in Mueller Inquiry and Will Cooperate

President Trump Urged Rex Tillerson to Help Drop DOJ Charges for Giuliani Client

How a future Trump Cabinet member gave a serial sex abuser the deal of a lifetime

HUD spent $31,000 in 2017 on new dining room set for Carson's office

The 7 trips Steven Mnuchin took on government planes for $811,800

Trump's top health official traded tobacco stock while leading anti-smoking efforts

Rex Tillerson Gets Fired the Day After He Criticized Russia

VA chief doctored email so wife could travel on taxpayer dime: watchdog

Omarosa: 'I was haunted by tweets every single day'

Michael Flynn 'putting his life back together' after guilty plea in Mueller probe

Rob Porter's ex-wives detail abuse allegations

Steve Bannon: The Trump-whisperer's rapid fall from grace

Ryan Zinke’s Rocky, Scandal-Ridden Year at Interior

Scott Pruitt’s bizarre condo scandal and mounting ethics questions, explained

Tom Price, Trump’s scandal-plagued HHS secretary, is stepping down

Anthony Scaramucci: Fired from the White House after 10 days

Trump frustrated with Hicks' role in Porter scandal

The Final Humiliation of Reince Priebus

George Papadopoulos: The Mueller Probe's First Guilty Plea

Karen McDougal tells CNN Trump once tried to pay her after sex

Six White House officials reprimanded for violating the Hatch Act

Interior Secretary Zinke resigns amid investigations

Stormy Daniels describes her alleged affair with Donald Trump

F.B.I. Raids Office of Trump’s Longtime Lawyer Michael Cohen

VA nominee Ronny Jackson dished out opioids, wrecked vehicle while drunk, colleagues say

Trump agriculture nominee Sam Clovis confirms he has no hard-science credentials, withdraws over ties to Russia probe

She inflated her resume and peddled a fake Time cover. Trump appointed her to the State Department.

Lobbyist Sam Patten Pleads Guilty to Steering Foreign Funds to Trump Inaugural

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Even with all the crimes Trump and his minions have committed, I don't think they quite rise to the top position of "most corrupt Administration in US history".

Not for lacking of trying, though. :lol:

I'd put the Grant Administration at the top, followed possibly by the Harding Administration.

That's a good start.

You deflect to......
1) Born in Kenya
2) You lost in 2016

Build on the list before the trump prison sentence. Ahh, that will Never happen, but one can hope.
Lock Him Up just sounds so right.
Prison based on factless lies? Like everything from you idiots on the left, all smoke and mirrors.

The stock market made all time highs under Obama.

Yes, that's what happens after you regain all the losses. Sadly we went at a snail's pace to achieve that under Obama.
AHAHA!!

Why do you keep lying? Good thing I am here to school you, that's what I do, school the retards and liars of the world. You said this:
The stock market regained losses. That's it. People got back to square 1 from all they lost.

Stating that we just regained losses. That's it (in your own words pops). When in fact the market was up approximately 300% start to finish under Obama, and made new all time highs in 2013, passing Bush's market highs and finishing Obama's presidency up ~300% from what he inherited from Bush, and also finishing up ~50% higher than Bush's all time highs.

Now let's look at Trump's gains. Trump has gained ........... approximately ONLY 35% you dumb fuck. So Obama's snail's pace was a 300% gain, and Trump's gain is only ~35%.
:290968001256257790-final:
AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

So basically you and Political Chic have absolutely no fucking clue what you are talking about. I'm glad I could educate you two, maybe now you will come correct with your facts. I find it laughable that you and Political Chic try to act like you know something when you're dumb as dirt. Just another example of the stupidity of the right...

You should have either checked your facts, or just admitted the mistake, instead you look even dumber. You just got murked.

View attachment 292811

When in fact the market was up approximately 300% start to finish under Obama,

Show your math.
My Son!!!!! I hope you're not back for more pain after last night's schooling.

If you still want to graduate middle school then you should be able to figure it out, it's pretty simple...

How about you show me where I am not correct.

Why such a pussy?

Awarded the Nobel Peace Prize

HAHAHA!

Yes. Why deny it?
Class.
Something trump can't undo and something trump desperately wants but will NEVER even get a sniff.

The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 is to be awarded to President Barack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples. The Committee has attached special importance to Obama’s vision of and work for a world without nuclear weapons.

And they said later that it was regretful

For showing up to work on the first day.

It is amazing what Obama can accomplish in 100 days.

"Who knew Health Care would be so hard." DJT.

Obama received the Nobel Peace Prize in 2009. Obamacare Bill wasn't passed until 2010... 427 days into his administration.

My comment was about your comment "For showing up to work on the first day" in reference to your apparent complaint about Obama doing nothing but showing up, to earn his Nobel Peace Prize.

My next comment was about trumps apparent lack of ability to accomplish Health Care in day one, as he promised.

It wasn't that he showed up on the first day, it's that he showed up half black.

Tell that to the millions of Private Sector Americans who burned through their life's savings

Are those the same people that lost their homes under the Bush Administration? In fact, probably Yes.

out of work during the worst recovery from a recession since the Great Depression, Winco! People lost their jobs...their homes

Exactly how many 'recoveries were there' since the great depression?
People LOST their jobs and homes because of Bush and Banking decisions. Not Obama.

You really are grotesquely uninformed.

You lost in 2016....You'll very likely lose in 2020...STFU and deal with it.
THIS SUMS UP EVERY REPUBLICAN.

You don't care about America or American success you only care about party, the GOP party.

As Limbaugh said "I hope he fails" You hate to see American success under Democrats.

It kills you that Bill Clinton was more successful than Trump, with balanced budgets and high GDP growth.

It kills you that George Bush was the worst president we ever had, with the worst results we ever had, and a much worse president than Obama.

The cult of GOP is so demented that they root for America to fail when Democrats are president, what a sad sad bunch of pathetic morons.

Congratulations
Literally none of that is true.

"The sentence I hear most from well-meaning, conservative friends since President Trump’s election is this: “We suffered 8 years under Barack Obama.”

Fair enough. Let’s take a look.

The day Obama took office, the Dow closed at 7,949 points. Eight years later, the Dow had almost tripled.

General Motors and Chrysler were on the brink of bankruptcy, with Ford not far behind, and their failure, along with their supply chains, would have meant the loss of millions of jobs. Obama pushed through a controversial, $80 billion bailout to save the car industry. The U.S. car industry survived, started making money again, and the entire $80 billion was paid back, with interest.

While we remain vulnerable to lone-wolf attacks, no foreign terrorist organization has successfully executed a mass attack here since 9/11.

Obama ordered the raid that killed Osama Bin Laden.

He drew down the number of troops from 180,000 in Iraq and Afghanistan to just 15,000, and increased funding for the Department of Veterans Affairs.

He launched a program called Opening Doors which, since 2010, has led to a 47 percent decline in the number of homeless veterans.

He set a record 73 straight months of private-sector job growth.

Due to Obama’s regulatory policies, greenhouse gas emissions decreased by 12%, production of renewable energy more than doubled, and our dependence on foreign oil was cut in half.

He signed The Lilly Ledbetter Act, making it easier for women to sue employers for unequal pay.

His Omnibus Public Lands Management Act designated more than 2 million acres as wilderness, creating thousands of miles of trails and protecting over 1,000 miles of rivers.

He reduced the federal deficit from 9.8 percent of GDP in 2009 to 3.2 percent in 2016.

For all the inadequacies of the Affordable Care Act, we seem to have forgotten that, before the ACA, you could be denied coverage for a pre-existing condition and kids could not stay on their parents’ policies up to age 26.

Obama approved a $14.5 billion system to rebuild the levees in New Orleans.

All this, even as Mitch McConnell famously asserted that his singular mission would be to block anything President Obama tried to do.

While Obama failed on his campaign pledge to close the prison at Guantanamo Bay, that prison’s population decreased from 242 to around 50.

He expanded funding for embryonic stem cell research, supporting groundbreaking advancement in areas like spinal injury treatment and cancer.

Credit card companies can no longer charge hidden fees or raise interest rates without advance notice.

Most years, Obama threw a 4th of July party for military families. He held babies, played games with children, served barbecue, and led the singing of “Happy Birthday” to his daughter Malia, who was born on July 4.

Welfare spending is down: for every 100 poor families, just 24 receive cash assistance, compared with 64 in 1996.

Obama comforted families and communities following more than a dozen mass shootings. After Sandy Hook, he said, “The majority of those who died today were children, beautiful little kids between the ages of 5 and 10 years old.”

Yet, he never took away anyone’s guns.

He sang Amazing Grace, spontaneously, at the altar.

He was the first president since Eisenhower to serve two terms without personal or political scandal.

He was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.

President Obama was not perfect, as no man and no president is, and you can certainly disagree with his political ideologies. But to say we suffered? If that’s the argument, if this is how we suffered for 8 years under Barack Obama, I have one wish: may we be so fortunate as to suffer 8 more."
Multiply standard, long time partisan bullshit by the effect of talk radio and nutter internet, and you get what we're seeing.

It's pretty powerful, but it still distorts reality in the extreme. Communicating with them is one helluva challenge.

So log the fuck off.

I certainly did not suffer under Obama. Don't actually know who did unless it was the illegal aliens he deported. He did not build a wall on the boarder like they used to have in the Soviet Union. Guess he didn't see a need since he was doing it the old fashion way by having them kicked out. Besides, one of my heroes once said "Fixed fortifications are a testament to the stupidity of man". Another thing Obam did not do, he never stood up with Putin and sided with Russia over our intelligence and security services while talking down our allies at a NATO meeting. Just sayin.

Wonder what he meant here?

Obama and the Dem's drove the Dow down to 7,949 in the first place. You forgot that part so I corrected it for you. :itsok:

BushCo crashed the world economy. You forgot that part so I corrected it for you. Open your eyes, tRumps doing it again.

Not factual, at all, fucking retard.

Total US corporate debt is $15.5 trillion, 74% of US GDP.

Forum List

Back